Options

Week 2 (11/8 - 11/14) Check In - Week of 8/17

Estimated due date (EDD): 

Week of pregnancy: 

Baby is the size of:

Upcoming Appointments: 

Rant/Rave: 

Questions? 

GTKY: Would you rather the beach, the mountains, or the city - why? (selfishly asking to plan my next vacay :) )
ECat504
SO
SD (11/2010)
DD1 (09/2014)
DD2 (10/2015)
Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)

Re: Week 2 (11/8 - 11/14) Check In - Week of 8/17

• Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 11/12

Week of pregnancy: 27 weeks + 4 days

Baby is the size of: Kids jelly shoes

Upcoming Appointments:  8/24 I think - anatomy scan

Rant/Rave:  SOOOO TIRED. Everything kind of hurts too and my stomach has felt crampy but I think it is just a lot of Braxton hicks. I am always chasing after a toddler when I am not working so.

Questions?  None..

GTKY: Would you rather the beach, the mountains, or the city - why? (selfishly asking to plan my next vacay  )
    Honestly I would have said beach before but now I would love to be in the mountains again. I am from WV and lived with mountains surrounding me. Not a huge fan of it 24-7 but I do miss it a lot. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Y'all...definitely blaming my pregnancy brain this morning but I posted my update in Week 1 and was SO confused when I came to week 2 and didn't see my post. Anyway, here it is:

Estimated due date (EDD): 11/11 

Week of pregnancy: 27+5 (SO CLOSE TO THIRD TRIMESTER...Wednesday!) 

Baby is the size of: Fennec Fox <3 So cute. Also the hamburger phone from Juno LOL

Upcoming Appointments: Went for my Glucose screen this AM - should have results by tomorrow the tech said. Then I have a midwife 28-week appointment on Friday! 

Rant/Rave: Rave - had a cute shower with some coworkers yesterday! It was so sweet for two coworkers to plan a joint shower for another coworker and I who are only 3 weeks apart! Rant - opening gifts in front of people always makes me feel so awkward! LOL

Questions?: Nada

GTKY: Would you rather the beach, the mountains, or the city - why?: Beach and mountains! I'm exhausted in a city after the first 3-4 hours. Beach and mountains bring me relaxation, peace, and happiness! Really hopeful that next summer COVID is better understood/controlled, so this family of 3 can visit (great) grandparents in southern Germany again where we have access to beaches, mountains, and cities in a quick drive! 

@babywiik Eggplant is delicious!!! Especially if made correctly lol I hear that eggplant parmesan helps you go into labor... not sure if it's true but multiple Birth Stories said so as I've been listening to those.
    Me: 27 DH: 30
    Started dating: 10/2010 ;; Married 10/2017
    Started TTC: 10/2019
    BFP: 12/20/19 ;; MC: 12/24/19
    BFP: 3/5/20 ;; EDD: 11/11/20
  • Options
    @babywiik I looooove fried eggplant... WE use to have eggplant Parmesan casserole as kids a lot (think lasagna but with fried eggplant instead of noodles. 

@lovelee3 Goodluck with the screen results! I hate attention on me so yeah I would hate to open gifts in front of anyone. 
  • Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 11/8

Week of pregnancy: 28

Baby is the size of: eggplant!
    @babywiik Eggplant is delicious, but it can be terrible if not prepared well. I love eggplant parm and baba ganoush and this really amazing dish I had in Sardinia once but have not yet managed to recreate. Eggplants are both a vegetable and a fruit, and they have a rather high nicotine content (not harmful, just interesting... or maybe I’m just a weirdo when it comes to eggplant).

Upcoming Appointments: Seeing the midwife next month

Rant/Rave: rave- I bought a bunch of furniture in May and FINALLY it arrived! I’m so excited to make my home more comfy.

Questions? I heard that after birthing baby #1 your cervix is basically always at 1cm. Is that true? I’ve been wondering if I’ll need to buy the larger menstrual cup.

GTKY: Would you rather the beach, the mountains, or the city - why? The beach, for sure. I love the ocean and am really missing it this year.
  • Options
    @csardaszz   so my midwife explained to me at my last appointment that after your first baby your cervix becomes an upside down funnel shape. So it is open at the bottom but closed at the top.
  • Options
    @lovelee3 Yay!! It was funny because while I was at the lab having the test done, there were FOUR other pregnant mommas getting theirs done too lol, and we all happened to be sitting in the same area. I’m not sure if I should be expecting them to call me with my results or not...I guess no news is good news? I should have asked them while I was there. 🤦‍♀️ I’m more nervous this time than I have been in the past because when I woke up yesterday morning, I felt like my sugar was kind of low and I felt woozy, and then of course when I drank the drink it spiked up and I felt really sick for the first 20 or so minutes. So I just hope everything leveled out by the time I had the test! 
  • Options
    @kitkatz1990 they didn't call me but my patient portal had the results after a couple days. Usually if they don't call you it is good news
  • Options
    @mtengl that’s what I’m figuring, too. The results aren’t available yet on MyChart...they’re probably a little backed up, there were sooooo many people at the lab! 
  • Options

Estimated due date (EDD): 11/12

Week of pregnancy: 27w5d

Baby is the size of: Lettuce

Upcoming Appointments: Finally got my confirmation text! It’s the 25th at 8 in the morning for my glucose test!

Rant/Rave: I had a nightmare last night that my water broke. It was terrifying being this early in the pregnancy. I pray that we can all have full term babies. The nightmare was probably triggered by me stressing that I have nothing done for this baby. I need to get to work. 

Questions? I thought we had a corona board, I wasn’t seeing one... but it’s starting to stress me out even more.

GTKY: Would you rather the beach, the mountains, or the city - why? Probably the city with no coronavirus. I want to go shopping at little boutiques and eat some amazing food. I’m missing living in Houston where everything was right there!
    I live by the beach, but I hate the sand. I would love to go back to Gatlinburg, we went when I was kid.

@babywiik I tried eggplant Parmesan hoping to induce labor with DD. It didn’t work. I wasn’t a fan, but I’m not a fan of Chicken Parmesan either. I don’t let breaded things with sauce on them. I bet they would be good just fried though or baked.
  • Options
    @potofgolden maybe when we go to PG we can do a monthly COVID check in board. I was also thinking we need a monthly STM+ one with general questions too. In my first group we did have an awesome post where FTM could ask STM anything they are curious about. I think that would be help if the FTM wanted to know anything. I def asked questions. 
  • Options
    @mtengl I think we did have a STM thread on here for a hot minute. But I haven't seen it for a while so it must have floated to the bottom. With the more longterm Facebook group, maybe each admin can have a few regular threads that they are responsible for starting and re-upping? Just to make sure the rotation of topics keep up and that good threads don't just disappear into the nether!
  • Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 11/10 

Week of pregnancy: 28 today! 🥳

Baby is the size of: a puppy!

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday for the 3 hour glucose test 😖 I failed the 1 hour...which I kind if expected that as I did with DD. But still, they have you go to the hospital at 6am for the 3 hour and I am not looking forward to it!

Rant/Rave: I’m good 🙂

Questions? Not at the moment

GTKY: Would you rather the beach, the mountains, or the city? I am definitely a beach girl! Planning a girls getaway this weekend! 🥳 🌊 
  • Options
    @1MommyRunner  awwww a puppy!! with DD we found a 2 month old Weiner dog pup on the street a few months before I got pregnant and the joke was always well Pickles (the dog) you won't be the smallest thing in the house for a while, and when DD became bigger it was " well pickles you are the smallest again"
    I am sorry you failed, did you pass the 3hour with your DD?
  • Options
    @mia80 these are all legitimate questions. I think most would say call the 24 hour doctor line first... usually if I have any concerns that is what I have done. 
  • Options
    @mtengl awww I that is too cute! I love weiner dog puppies! And the name Pickles is just perfect. 🥰 Thank you! I did pass the 3 hour with DD. I am thinking that they dont help you out at all at my clinic. They tell you NOT to fast...and I’m pretty sure that’s what hurt me since I ate breakfast like they said to do. 😑 But it’s okay! Ill just try to take a nap or something while I’m there Thursday 💜
  • Options
    @1MommyRunner yea they told me not to fast too, but I did anyway! I’m not taking any chances, lol 
  • Options
    @kitkatz1990 good plan. 😂💜
  • Options
    @1MommyRunner they told me I didn’t have to fast either but I went ahead and “fasted” since I went to bed around 10 and didn’t eat before I went to the lab at 8ish
    Me: 27 DH: 30
    Started dating: 10/2010 ;; Married 10/2017
    Started TTC: 10/2019
    BFP: 12/20/19 ;; MC: 12/24/19
    BFP: 3/5/20 ;; EDD: 11/11/20
  • Options
    @mia80 I'm at FTM too and I never considered what I'd do if baby falls so thanks for asking! I've taken care of lots of babies in the past and it hasn't happened but that doesnt mean it couldn't and having an idea of what to do/look for is always a good idea. As im thinking about it now, i would do the same as when toddlers fall.  It would depend on how far they dropped first(from a stand up changing table I'd want them checked out for sure! That's far!) but then also how they landed, what they landed on and then see if baby is acting normal and keep a good eye on them for some time after. Of course a call to the doctor never hurts and can give peace of mind!
  • Options
    @mtengl OMG I have a pup named Pickle too! Just without the s. 🥰 lol! Thats the first I've heard of another pet with that name. Love it.
  • Options
    @bserena ah that is awesome!!
  • Options
    @mia80 I am a southerner so I have to say bless your mommy heart! 💜 haha your concern is one that spans FTM all the way through ST+M. It is always scary if a baby falls or rolls off of something. My son took a couple tumbles and so did my daughter. My doctor told me God made babies super resilient for a reason, they can move quickly! 💜 Thankfully, I never had to take my other two into the doctor to get checked out. When I called they would just say to watch for certain signs and if I noticed anything off to head on over. Most peds are super reassuring, especially to new moms and dads. Mommy instinct is very real too. So if baby falls and you feel like baby needs attention, even if they seem okay, don’t hesitate to get them checked out! 💜

• Options
    @bserena @mtengl Our cat is named Pickle! 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Options
    @csardaszz I have never heard that before 🤔 I will say my periods have actually improved after my babies after the 8 week postpartum bleed. I am curious to know if that is true too though!
  • Options
    @mtengl @hedgepig haha I love it! 
  • Options
    @1MommyRunner Oof! 8 weeks post partum! I think I only had about 4 and even then the last week was mostly spotting. Guess I got off easy! Will have to cross my fingers for a repeat! For any FTMs on this subject, I highly highly recommend the Always adult diapers. Sounds gross to go full diaper, but those things are so much more comfortable than all the layers of pads, witch hazel pads, etc all stuffed precariously in underwear.
  • Options
    @auburnvelvet86 I totally second that! Absolutely no shame in adult diapers. So much better than all that bulk! 💜 And yeah, with my first it was pretty long couple months, but I think with DD it was a little shorter, maybe 6ish weeks with her? Maybe I’ll get a 4 weeker this time! 🤞🏻 
  • Options
    Thanks for the cervix info. Definitely something I’ll ask the midwife at my next appt.

@1MommyRunner I did a double take at the “8 week postpartum bleed” too. That sounds so sucky! And I can’t yet imagine the other pains that accompany it... But I’ve been loving not having a period so much, maybe a couple months of a massacre in my underwear (or diaper, no shame) will be enough to make me okay with periods again, especially if they’re better than pre-pregnancy.
  • Options
    @mtengl @babywiik @1MommyRunner Thanks for not making me feel like I'm not an idiot!! :lol:  

I'm such a planner and I like having everything figured out ahead of time... But there is just so much to learn with a baby!!!  
  • Options
    @1MommyRunner @auburnvelvet86 I had never thought of the adult diapers... 🤣 I guess I’ll give them a try... it sound better than all the craziness you have to put down there post partum. My nurse laid it all out for me... the humongous pad, 3  hemorrhoid  pads, some sort of ointment all over it. It took forever to get out of the bathroom.
    We definitely need to start up the STM board again... I’ve got a question!
    @mia80 I’ve heard if you happen to drop the baby or baby takes a tumble don’t let them sleep for at least 30 minutes to watch for a concussion.
  • Options
    @auburnvelvet86 you mentioned witch hazel pads...ive been meaning to ask about them. Should I count them as a necessity? And also, I've heard of padsicles or something like that. Are those good to have on hand and how are they made? Or do you buy them? As you can tell, im clueless over here about what's needed for the healing process😜
  • Options
    @babywik I second everything @mtengl said! The witch hazel pads were my old faithful the entire time and the one thing I really stuck with to help with pain and discomfort. I also had the dermoplast spray that I used some. The hospital gave me the squirt bottles and those were also a must. And, of course, the adult diapers. This time I'm even going to bring a supply of them to the hospital as I found them so much more comfortable and just secure feeling, even than the mesh undies and monster pads that the hospital uses and I know some moms really like.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    @kelk5 Oh good idea about the puppy pads! I was induced last time so surprises weren't really a concern, but that makes a lot of sense. Especially for the car, I'd imagine.