October 2020 Moms
Options

July Randoms

Re: July Randoms

• Options
    My first had hiccups all the freaking time. I'm so excited for this baby to get them so that I can tell my IPs and hopefully catch it on video for them! My OB told me it's great when babies hiccup on the inside because it means they are practicing breathing, which means they are doing well.

On another note, it has been forecasted to rain for the last 24 hours and instead of rain it has just been super gloomy. Either give me rain or give me sunshine, damn it!
  • Options
    Last night some youths (making assumptions here lol) decided it would be great fun to finish off their fireworks stash in the parking lot of the park across the street from our house at 1:30 am. Startled me awake because they basically exploded right outside our bedroom window. So I wrenched my back jumping out of bed, then Baby was having a dance party in my belly for hours. Didn’t fall back asleep until 6ish...? Today is not going to be a good day... 😭😴
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @baseballismyfavoriteseason I’m right there with you.  My little guy was up most of the night having a party in there and kept waking me up.  I’m exhausted this morning.  He usually is pretty active at night but last night was over the top.  My hubs is hoping that doesn’t mean he’s going to be an up all night baby on the outside 😱.  Also a FFFC confession we’re finally trying to firmly break my DD of her binky.  So she’s a big old grouch but it’s way past time to do so.   Fun times at our house right now.  
  • Options
    @anitamargarita_82 Oooof we are debating when the right time to do this is. I would love to get rid of it now, but I also don’t have the energy to deal with a cranky kid, and I’m concerned that seeing baby brother with one in a few months will make him jealous? Or maybe it’s enough time that he’ll forget? We have it pretty much down to only for sleeping already. I just don’t know if from here we cut it out for both nap time AND bed time, or if we start with one or the other? Uggggh...
  • Options
    @amapa20 that's really funny! Hopefully she is team mom, lol! @baseballismyfavoriteseason sorry for the poor sleep! 
    @anitamargarita_82 I mentioned we just weaned our son at 22ish months. He did great. Now he has a pile of stuffed animals that he demands, lol, but he hasn't asked for the paci at all and he has forgotten. Reason why we did it a few months prior is that I know for sure he's gonna try to steal his sister's, but I think 5 months is a long time for him to find new things to love and new skills to develop that hopefully he won't regress too hard. That's the hope at least ...but I was terrified about losing sleep, so I totally hear you on the concerns!
  • Options
    Our A/c started leaking inside our house last night. So we’re without an A/C until the repair person comes. Hopefully soon. Because I’m starting to melt. 
  • Options
    I'm so sad! I had a notification to email me when the Pumpkin swaddle with the hat came back in to stock. It did today but I didn't see the email for two hours and it apparently re-soldout during that time. So back on notification list I go. I've got just about 10 weeks... 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
  • Options
    @wineren Wow... 10 weeks! I’ll hit 37w 10 from tomorrow, and big brother arrived at 37+2! Somehow that sounds waaaayyy closer than my due date being exactly 3 months from today. (Yes, it’s 3 weeks closer, but it seems waaaayyyy closer.) Wow.

@babycakesday I mourn for you. Hope your repair is done quickly!!!!
  • Options
    @morethanamama my DD is 3 so it’s more than time.  We’ve been lectured by the dentist twice already about the binky.  She really only used it at night or in times of stress.  Last night was her first night of no binky.  She’s always had the kind of binky that has a little stuffed animal attached to it.  We’ve taken those away too.  Hopefully she’ll start wanting to snuggle her dolls or other stuffed animals now for comfort.  I just don’t want her stealing the new babies binky when he arrives.   
    I ordered her an American Girl doll to give her at the hospital when her little brother arrives or once we’re home if she can’t visit.  I want it to be her big girl transition item.  So she’s a big sister and not a baby anymore.  I’ve also gotten her and her doll matching big sister t-shirts as well. 
  • Options
    I know I’m waaaay behind the times, but grocery pickup is my new favorite thing. 
  • Options
    @amapa20 lol I hope it meant team mom all the way! I'm usually the one plotting against my SO with baby and he's not amused 😂 

@babycakesday oh no! That sounds unbearable, fingers crossed it gets fixed as soon as humanly possible! 

@wineren I absolutely hate it when that happens. I've been trying to get a waffle blanket for baby and restocks are gone in a literal blink of the eye. I finally scored one single blanket after months, hopefully you get your swaddle set soon 🙌

• Options
    @mckjacks I am grateful for the option, but one of the things I miss the most is doing my own grocery shopping. 😩 I wanna pick my own produce, I want the item I ordered and not a substitution (EVERY TIME I say no subs, and they still happen), I want my groceries that I forgot in the last batch at a moment’s notice and not 8 hours later, I want to walk the aisles and do some impulse shopping... 
  • Options
    Anybody been watching anything good lately?  I just watched the Unsolved Mysteries re-boot on Netflix.  I feel ripped off.  It should have been more episodes but man I want to know what really happened to Rey!  
  • Options
    @anitamargarita_82 I was going to ask awhile back if anyone had watched the series Babies. I’ve watched a few so far. Some are definitely more interesting to me than others. 
  • Options
    @baseballismyfavoriteseason solidarity on grocery pickup produce woes. I'm so tired of getting spoiled bruised up rotten produce because the grocery pickers literally don't have a brain to realize that nobody can eat what they give us. So frustrating. 
  • Options
    @animalandplantrescuer I watched babies a few months ago!  Super interesting.  
  • Options
    westslopemamawestslopemama member
    edited July 2020
    @anitamargarita_82 I’ve watched the first 2 episodes of the new Unsolved Mysteries. I used to love that show as a kid! 
  • Options
    @kalesix3 @baseballismyfavoriteseason thankfully our people have been really good at picking out produce so far, like I’ve gotten the best strawberries ever both times. And my substitutions have worked in my favor (got 10 lbs of potatoes instead of 5 lbs for the same price 😂) 
  • Options
    @anitamargarita_82 Warrior Nun on Netflix was amazing! Also Sweet Magnolias for a different calmer vibe on Netflix. If you like cooking shows Cooks vs Cons on Hulu is good. 
  • Options
    KurtniKurtni member
    @animalandplantrescuer If babies is the one I’m thinking of, it was super good! 

Binging unsolved mysteries is my weekend plan while we paint the nursery. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    jgrodojgrodo member
    @mckjacks wow! That's awesome! Substitutions have ended up with me being very overcharged for items that weren't even close. @kalesix3 and @baseballismyfavoriteseason totally with you as I'm making my current grocery order. I really miss wandering a grocery store and all the things.

Thanks for the hiccupa explanation. I guess I still haven't felt those. 

@anitamargarita_82 just finished watching Hamilton on Disney+ it was awesome currently also watching schitts creek
  • Options
    @jgrodo I watched it last night and I loved it!
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    jgrodojgrodo member
    @kboydbowman right, so good!! I totally have a few of the songs stuck in my head and am happy with that! I'm ready for Lin Manuel to write another historical musical hehe 
  • Options
    I watched a few episodes of Babies and it was good! I need to finish it. Watched half of Hamilton and it's great but I was too tired to fully enjoy it I think. We just finished binging Unsolved Mysteries and need to watch the last season of Dark asap! It's a tough plot to follow but so so so good 

I started Sweet Magnolias before going to bed once. Sounds like an easy feel good show.

Feeling a bit down about this pandemic so heading to the Covid post to share...
  • Options
    We recently watched Hunters on Amazon prime and that was really good .
    Currently binging s4 and 5 of Queer Eye on Netflix 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• Options
    @kboydbowman @jgrodo @morethanamama  Hamilton is my fave!! Hubby isn’t much of a musical fan, but he went to see it with me on stage 2 years ago and he actually enjoyed it (probably because it was less singing and more rap/talking lol). He also is a history buff. He ended up only watching some of it with me on Disney+ because in his words “it’s way better in person” 🙄😂

@profmcgonagall I’m currently binging season 5 of Queer Eye! Ughhh talk about SERIOUS TEARS. It’s bad enough when I wasn’t pregnant but man I was bawwwwwling yesterday at a few episodes!
  • Options
    @anitamargarita_82 we started I'll Be Gone In The Dark on Hulu/HBO last night. It's all about the late Michelle McNamara's book on the East Area Rapist/Original Night Stalker (Golden State Killer).
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Options
    @babyodo Is it any good? I wanted to see it, but I didn’t know how dark it would be. I’m in California, and some of his killings were close to where I live. 
  • Options
    @babyodo adding that to my list right now! I read her book last summer and it was so good.
  • Options
    I want to watch season five of queer eye but i know  I normally cry all the time. Add pregnancy hormones and I’m sure it’s going to be a disaster. 
  • Options
    Add me to the list of people that are fed up with grocery pick up. After we started opening back up I caved and started going again...but at about 7:30/8:00 on Friday or Saturday night! Safeway is literally empty at that time! It’s blissful and I get to pick my groceries. Of course there is still some risk but I feel pretty okay about it since the store is so empty. 
  • Options
    @JLaVO888 The Safeway closest to us is THE WORST. Terrible inventory, terrible layout, no self-checkout. If we get desperate for something I will send my husband to Albertsons—more expensive but he likes using the self-checkout there. Most of our grocery shopping is done at Fred Meyer but it’s not in a super great area so during the pandemic I don’t really trust it any time of any day... 
  • Options
    @baseballismyfavoriteseason we don’t have too many options grocery store wise... just Walmart, smiths, Albertsons and Safeway. I refuse to go into Walmart. Smiths is who I was doing my pick up orders from but their produce has just gotten absolutely horrible. Our Safeway has really great produce and better selection as well. 
  • Options
    I really enjoyed the first season of Babies. Trying to get hubs to watch second season with me (along with some of my preggo YouTube videos which I think he's starting to get into), we just watched the first episode and he got excited about the benefits of exposing baby to lots of different kinds of faces, both human and non-human.

Our usual routine right now is to watch an episode of Black Mirror (because we're into dark stuff apparently) followed by an episode of Great British Baking Show so we can sleep at night :D
  • Options
    @JLaVO888 Yes, Safeway was pretty much our exclusive grocery stop in our old neighborhood. Their Sunday afternoon meat deals were so good too! The one in our new neighborhood is so small it doesn’t even do pickup. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Do you have Winco? My mom likes them but they’re too far out of the way for us. 
  • Options
    Thumbs up for Babies! So much learning while on Netflix!

I finished Dark yesterday and have to say that I wouldn't be able to tell you what happens in the last season. It's so complicated to follow that I ended up not paying attention at all. Netflix should add a menu to show a map or a family tree in these shows so that you can stop for a moment and double check who's who.

Went to the grocery store yesterday and forgot that it was customer appreciation day. It was packed! And worst of all is that I spent less than $50 which is the minimum to get the discount on that day.
  • Options
    JLaVO888JLaVO888 member
    edited July 2020
    @baseballismyfavoriteseason never even heard of Winco. 🤣

edit to add: just googled it and the closest one is a state away!
  • Options
    I need to check out Babies! DH has been re-binge watching Breaking Bad. It’s his absolute favorite. So once we’re done with that I’ll make him watch Babies with me!
  • Options
    @baseballismyfavoriteseason In 10 weeks from tomorrow I'll be 37+2. DS came at 37+4. And I've already been told he will be here before 38 weeks and a good chance of before 37. 😬😬 It is very soon sounding.

@aefsparrow I have Warrior Nun on my watchlist, I'm just waiting for a time when I can binge watch it after my move. I'm so glad you like it.

I should be all moved today! I hired someone to clean tomorrow 😬 and then keys are turned in Friday. But then... Unpacking :-(