February 2021 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 7/6

What’s happening this week? Recovering from holiday festivities?

Re: Weekly Randoms 7/6

• Options
    Sleeping as much as I can. And probably going to the chiropractor. Have had a pinched nerve in my lower back for a long time but it’s flaring up recently
  • Options
    @vizsladogmom ouch! I have sciatica issues from time to time but man does it flare up in pregnancy. So not looking forward to that. 

We had a dog show up at our house on Friday that’s decided to adopt us as her parents. I posted her on the different Facebook groups and got her checked for a microchip and no luck yet. She’s the sweetest dog ever but we were not in the market for a dog! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My son turns 2 on Sunday so we are having our parents and siblings over on Saturday for dinner and cake. If you have never had Nothing Bundt Cakes I highly recommend it! Sooooo good!

My first appointment is tomorrow!!! So excited, anxious, nervous...feeling all the feels today.
  • Options
    I called for my first appointment today and was set up with a nurse phone call Thursday then after the call the nurse will make my first Dr appointment. I'm new to Florida only been here a little over a year and I did some research on hospitals so I'm seeing a new provider all together. We are used to "baby friendly hospital" being the norm but here there is only 10 in the state. We weren't planning to have another baby so we are in an retirement area living just outside a huge retirement  town due to a few factors and the hospitals that deliver aren't close lol the hospital I work at doesn't have peds ob gyno etc. We will make it through though my last delivery we were 45 50 mins from the hospital itll be an hour this time as well. Sorry for the rant! I'll be telling my boss friday when I go to work and I'm anxious about it. I'm the weekend supervisor for the imaging department and I'll be a big piece missing for three months. I worked for a boss previously who didn't support my pumping needs so I'm just nervous even though that is so far from now. Yikes I gotta relax
  • Options
    @BourbonBiscuits you are a saint for moving during pregnancy! Moving and packing are my least favorite things ever! 

@Yiggle09 wow only 10 baby hospitals?! That is so crazy. There are 5 within 20 mins of my house :O
  • Options
    @babymamadimo 10 baby friendly hospitals it's a special designation. Theres a hospital I could deliver at within 30 mins of where I live just they don't practice/ encourage rooming in or guarantee  lactation support etc.
  • Options
    @yiggle09 I was an hour away from my hospital for my last pregnancy and I cleared car baby status by a mere 15 minutes 😂. This time we are living somewhere different but still 35 minutes away. Eek! 

• Options
    eqveqv member
    Any other stepmoms here? I'm thinking we will have to tell my 9 year old SD later this month since her dad will be away for work August-October. She is very happy as an only child, and I'm expecting her to be pretty unhappy to have that disrupted. 
  • Options
    @Yiggle09 oh wow! I didn’t even realize that they didn’t all have rooming in or lactation support. I would absolutely drive an hour for those!
  • Options
    @eqv I have a 10 year old step daughter. We share custody with her mom, and she’s always been a great help - especially now that she’s older. We haven’t told her about this baby yet, because last baby she overheard without us knowing and told her mom before we were ready. Try and include her in picking stuff out for the baby, talk to her a lot about baby names.... she might surprise you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I need to be getting my house cleaned and prepped to be gone for an extended trip to visit family. I am currently sitting on my couch eating goldfish while the boys share an iPad and also eat goldfish. 😝😣
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick we got goldfish from Costco and it’s literally the only thing I want to eat right now. I freaking love goldfish. 
  • Options
    I just ate entirely too much Taco Bell but I felt so much better for like an hour. 🤪 I don’t know why I needed it but this kid better start craving salads. 
  • Options
    @eqv - I've got (2) awesome step-kids. They're both older, but were supportive last time we were PG.  Their half-sister (not DH's) actually asks quite a bit when we're going to have a baby brother or sister for her. I imagine she'll be more fun to tell than the older 2.
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    @mdfarmchick praying for you to be close to a bathroom at all times tomorrow  :D
  • Options
    @szwill86 it would definitely help with the constipation. I can almost guarantee it won’t be a problem 😆
  • Options
    cmoon3cmoon3 member
    I ate my weight in potato chips and french onion dip. It was a solid decision. My belly was quite happy.
  • Options
    @cmoon3 I didn’t have a lot of cravings with my first but this time it’s pickles and potato chips... but normally I don’t even love potato chips. But now I need some French onion dip. Hoping the market around the corner has some 
  • Options
    Update: went to the grocery store for 2 things (including French onion dip) and came home with like 10 things (at least I remembered the French onion dip!). Got some wings out of their hot section because they looked good but my nausea decided that was a no go. Will probably bust out the dip later because now I don’t feel like eating. 

On a related note, I finally gave in and called the doctor for prescription nausea medicine. Hoping to pick that up today if the insurance oks it  
  • Options
    @moguippy if insurance doesn't  approve I highly recommend checking the price on Goodrx before turning down the prescription. I checked all of my IVF meds there first and was able to get a lot of them for a lot less.  
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• Options
    I don’t know if I’ve ever had French onion dip in my house but now I need some. 
  • Options
    cmoon3cmoon3 member
    Has to be Dean's French Onion dip. Nothing else compares!
  • Options
    moguippy Really hoping the prescription works for you! I was on diclectin my entire last pregnancy, and started it again at around 5 and a half weeks. It took about a week but I do think it is helping! 

I fainted at work last week (dehydration, throwing up all the things lol), so I am pretty sure most people in the office have a least a suspicion I am pregnant again. When do you guys plan on telling your employers/coworkers?
  • Options
    @sugarcoateddonut I told my boss this week. I work remotely but need to be in the office for inventory this weekend so he needed a heads up. I won't be willing to be lifting or going up and down ladders. I'm hoping I don't end up needing to tell coworkers until I'm out of the first tri. 
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• Options
    @sugarcoateddonut I'll be telling my boss tomorrow first time I've seen her since I found out and then I'll tell everyone. I work in radiation and covid patients so it helps that co workers know incase they want to take the bullet on some possible infected people. 
  • Options
    Is anybody planning on doing a cutesey announcement? My google-fu is failing me for inspiration, they seem to skip straight from 4th of July to Fall/Halloween themed =(
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    eqveqv member
    @WildMagelet @roadspeckle Thanks, ladies! I know she'll eventually come around to the idea and love her sibling when he/she is old enough to be interesting, but the pending conversation is definitely intimidating. 

• Options
    @sugarcoateddonut I’ve been working from home and will be for the foreseeable future so I don’t really have a need to tell any one at work any time soon. I’ll tell them by 20 weeks probably so they can plan for my absence 
  • Options
    I am also working 100% remote right now like @moguippy and I am also debating telling them until 20 weeks. *tw I told my manager super early last time and she told my director right away when I asked her not to which made it really awkward when I went to my first appt and found out it was a mmc.
  • Options
    @WildMagelet I’m not but I can help you search for some cute ideas ! 
  • Options
    @birdiejo @WildMagelet I am here for all the cute announcements... I’ll see what I come up with tonight and tomorrow too. 
  • Options
    @Yiggle09 I’m glad to hear there is someone else here working with covid patients! I usually work outpatient but have been redeployed to the icu since April. At my hospital pregnancy is the only condition that gets you an automatic exception from working with covid patients, but our outpatient department is requiring mandatory reduced work weeks (take PTO or unpaid). Since we don’t have maternity leave I need to save my PTO for when baby arrives, so I didn’t want to risk being taken out of the icu and having to take reduced work weeks now. Therefore I am definitely not telling anyone at work yet. The work I do is low risk (non aerosol generating) and I have full PPE, so I’m more concerned about getting covid in public than I am at work. Also right now we don’t even have any covid patients in my icu since things have been improving in my area. Sounds like they will be sending me back to outpatient in August and I will likely tell people then as I will be just about ending my first trimester.

We won’t be doing any cute public announcement but I’d love to see all of yours! We might try to do something “cute” when we tell family.....I’m tempted to just show up with a baby one day (I don’t live near them so we don’t see each other much), but I’ve been told that my mother wouldn’t appreciate that 😂.
  • Options
    @manditchka24 LOL at just showing up with a baby, I think I might giggle about that all day! 

Like others, I am working from home, and will be for the foreseeable future. I did tell the partner I work for yesterday. We are really close, and she always asks me how things are going in that department (I have been open with her about trying). Of course she asked, and I can't lie, so now she knows :). I was a little nervous because I am due during our very busy time, but she was super supportive and told me to absolutely not worry about it. I'm close with several of my other co-workers as well, so I'll probably tell them after our next appointment at the beginning of August. 

We're on the fence about a cute announcement, but would love to see other ideas!

• Options
    cmoon3cmoon3 member
    Picked up DS2 and felt a ripping sensation and man, oh man, did it hurt.  They squeezed me in for a quick ultrasound. HB was 163!  So glad they got me in so I didn't have to worry all weekend.

No cute announcement ideas here.  Just taking a picture with the kids, and sending it out.
  • Options
    @cmoon3 I don’t know if this is a third kid thing but I swear my stomach is falling off or apart like every day. The strangest pains and sensations. 
  • Options
    Here’s a couple of inspiration ones I found today @WildMagelet @birdiejo

I really love the s’mores one ☺️

I think I’d do one with all of us in the picture with watermelon though 😂

I feel like you can do the shoes ones anytime and I’ve seen them with flip flops or cowboy boots too

• Options
    @birdiejo @cmoon3 I just told my ob that round ligament pain seems so much worse this time with #2. I cringe every time I feel a sneeze coming! 
  • Options
    So our 7 lb dog snuck out the door yesterday either when the amazon order came or when MH left for work and we didn’t find him until this morning going door to door. Worst 18 hours that I’ve had in a while. I’ve been snuggling him and napping all afternoon because neither of us got more than a couple hours of sleep last night looking for him.