February 2021 Moms

Weekly Randoms 7/6

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms 7/6

• @mdfarmchick that is so scary! How far did he get?
  • @babymamadimo he was about a quarter mile away on a street adjacent to us... 8ish houses? They kept him overnight and gave him a bath. We were super grateful to have him home safe. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @mdfarmchick omg that’s so scary im
    so glad you found your pup!! 

I think I posted on here earlier that we found a dog last weekend. I posted her all over social media and no one was claiming her... we had her a week and finally someone told me it was their brothers dog. She sent me a picture because my husband and I were skeptical and it was definitely her. All the markings were exactly the same, the age, time of disappearance etc. She told me her brother went out of town and left the dog home and someone went the next day and she was gone. Then in a plot twist she asked if we wanted to keep her. We were like wtaf? I told her we didn’t but that I would help find her a home if the brother really didn’t want her back. This dog was sooooo sweet and gentle and just followed us around the house and snuggling. So then the next day she tells me oh my brother says it’s not his dog sorry. I wrote back and said I’m sorry but this has to be her, she even had the same two freckles on her snout and random mark on her leg. I said I was happy to find her a good home. No response so I found a guy who lost his dog to cancer last year and he came and got her right away. Then the next morning I get a response from the girl saying oh yeah it’s definitely the same dog sorry. Rehome her thanks. 😳

• @birdiejo sounds like she’s better off with someone who will appreciate what a sweet dog she is. Wtf with the original family?
  • @moguippy I always hear about people who abandon their dogs etc but I’ve never really experienced it before. It was super strange and really sad. 

I hope this dog lives a good life with its new owners! We almost kept her ourselves , she was so good , but we really don’t want a dog right now. 
  • On another note. What level of pregnancy are you all at? 

Im at Level : Eating cold tater tots in bed at 10:30 AM. 
  • @birdiejo I’m at “made creamed corn at 10pm last night”
  • I'm worshipping the porcelain throne level of pregnant 
  • @birdiejo those people are weird and they suck. I’m glad you found the pup a good home. 

I’m at Pregnancy Level: Please bring home ice cream and French fries at 11 pm, DH
  • @birdiejo that's a really awkward way to tell someone they don't want the dog but it sounds like everyone is better off!

@moguippy I lol'ed at your late night cream corn and now I want some 😂

I'm pregnancy level: googling what food is high in fiber
  • Are we interested in doing the product spotlight list? Here’s the one I found from an older BMB:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XX4aUSPsDbdyEEK5HIzMzwH2ztOVOnNCehSgMAc5w6U/edit?usp=sharing%C2%A0(spreadsheet

• jumpy57 said:

I'm pregnancy level: googling what food is high in fiber
    SAME
  • Are we interested in doing the product spotlight list? Here’s the one I found from an older BMB:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XX4aUSPsDbdyEEK5HIzMzwH2ztOVOnNCehSgMAc5w6U/edit?usp=sharing%C2%A0(spreadsheet

This looks great!
  • @moguippy and @babymamadimo @sugarcoateddonut I'm glad to hear others are thinking of waiting a long time to tell bosses. I'm working from home too and could get away with not telling anyone for a while. I'm also thinking of telling my boss at 20 weeks but maybe even longer before telling my coworkers who don't really depend on me for anything. We've had several losses so it would feel really nice to able to keep this private for a while. 
  • @mdfarmchick ooh that looks cool! Let’s do it! 
  • @moguippy and @babymamadimo @sugarcoateddonut I'm glad to hear others are thinking of waiting a long time to tell bosses. I'm working from home too and could get away with not telling anyone for a while. I'm also thinking of telling my boss at 20 weeks but maybe even longer before telling my coworkers who don't really depend on me for anything. We've had several losses so it would feel really nice to able to keep this private for a while. 
    I think it absolutely makes so much sense to wait! I work in a very small office, and am probably going to start showing early, so I am tempted to tell them at the end of the first trimester. 

They brought in my maternity leave replacement 4 or 5 months before my leave started last time, and I imagine they will do that again, so that kind of makes me want to tell them earlier too. 
  • @birdiejo thanks for helping the pup find a good home!

Im at pregnancy level: it’s totally normal to only eat mashed potatoes, right?
  • @s_montgomery omg I’m dying 🤣. Should I try it?! 
  • @birdiejo depends on if “take a dump like an elephant” scares you or not... 🤣
  • @s_montgomery 🤣🤣🤣 ded
  • @birdiejo - That's crazy about the dog! My in-laws recently had a senior dog wander up to their house during a storm. They gave it a bath (it was filthy and covered in parasites) and it was super sweet and just curled up on the carpet next to them and fell asleep. It was several days before they found the owner. They "allege" that they normally let it out a few hours in the evening but didn't notice it was gone until morning and "didn't know anything about" it's flea & tick infestation. Yeah, your dog doesn't get that riddled with parasites over the course of a few hours. Some people.  :/
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Re: telling work. Our work uses a shared calendar and I just saw that one of my coworkers (not in my dept) is starting Mat leave tomorrow. I didn’t even
    know she was pregnant!  We work together infrequently so she had no reason to tell me, but she is the only other woman who has kids my age (male dominated field). We shared the pumping room last time since our boys were 2 months apart. I’m happy for her but I had no idea!
  • Hey y’all! Sorry I’ve been MIA lately. I’m barely keeping my head above water taking care of my toddler son while feeling so tired and sick. I love the idea of a schedule of recommendation threads! That’ll keep our board organized.

My pregnancy level: quickly scrolling past all of those cooking videos on Facebook because they all make me nauseated.