Infertility

Spring FET

Re: Spring FET

• avidlyuks36avidlyuks36 member
    edited May 2020
    with everything going on in the world I placed my amazon primenow order and forgot to add the pregnancy test -- so I'm not testing before the beta.... it makes me laugh to think that's how forgetful I can be at times. Tonight the plan is to watch more Chappelle (older stand-up from 2000 and 2004) hydrate and sleep like a baby. 

@laurelew that's great news about your linning. everything is falling into place :smile:

@dreamingofabump I respect those that can test -- I think i would drive myself nuts

@halfanewt --         what's your protocol? medicated transfer or semi-natural?

@laurad75 we're almost there -- best of luck on Monday :)

• Loading the player...
  • I had my checkup yesterday; estrogen levels were 1100 and lining was 14mm so we are going ahead with a transfer on June 4th. 
  • that’s amazing news — congrats 🍾🍾
  • Hey Ladies —
    Beta is 70 :) 
    I go back Tuesday :)
    super psyched 
  • @avidlyuks36 .... Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay!!!! Super exciting news. That makes me so hopeful. Fingers crossed for a good doubling beta! I bet you’re on cloud nine!  <3  :)
  • @avidlyuks36 Wonderful news!!  Can't wait for your Tuesday update. :)
  • @avidlyuks36 congrats! That’s so exciting! 

@sfield21 June 4 is so close! 
  • Hi everyone! I'm new here, and I just found out today that my clinic will finally let me start my FET cycle after this whole COVID mess. :) I'm currently taking birth control pills, and it sounds like soon I will start taking Lupron and Estrogen. Does anyone have any advice for an FET-newbie? How long did you guys take estrogen for to thicken your lining? I typically have really light periods and I'm worried I won't be able to get as thick as most of the ladies I read about. Anyway, it's great to be here and best of luck to everyone else having spring FETs!!! <3

• @eggcellent Welcome :) It's a relief that clinics are allowing us to proceed with treatment again. 
    This is my second FET and I call the clinic on CD 1, then start estrace (synthetic estrogen) for 14 days (2 pills twice a day). On CD14 I go for a checkup of blood work and US to confirm estrogen levels are high enough and my lining is greater than 8mm. Then I add in progesterone (Crinone suppositories and PIO) for 5 days then I have the transfer which ends up being on CD20. I continue these meds until 10 weeks pregnant or stop them if Beta is negative. 

Is anyone else taking PIO shots, or have you? I did them 2 years ago for our FET and got really good at giving them to myself, but now my nerves are back again. I did one last night that took me a while but it went over quite well , but just wondering if anyone has extra trips? The injection site is fairly sore today.  I lie on my stomach on our bed, have drawn circles for the proper area on my butt, use a heating pad on me before and after, warm up the shot prior to giving it and massage the area afterwards. Thanks ladies :)

Hoping for good news @laurad75 & @avidlyuks36 ... FX  <3

• Wow, I can't believe some of yall are already transferring and in the TWW! So exciting! Did anyone else's app update and they get locked out? I finally was able to get everything signed back in yesterday.

• @sfield21 I am nervous too...it has been about 2 years and I am not scared of needles or shots, but am just a little  nervous thinking about it for some reason. I think PIO shots are the thing that will make this seem REAL and it is all happening again and am a little apprehensive about getting in that headspace again.
  • @eggcellent Welcome!  

My protocol sounds similar to @sfield21.  I spend almost 3 weeks building up my lining through a combination of estrogen pills and patches.  Then I go in for blood work and an ultrasound.  If all looks good, we add in the PIO.

@sfield21 I am so impressed you were giving yourself the PIO shots!  My husband always has to help me with mine.  I have done one other FET so far and the clinic had suggested icing the spot first and then applying heat after if necessary.  I have done the icing beforehand but have not done the heat.  Not sure if it is the best way but the shots aren't as bad as I feared and it works.

• edited June 2020
    Congrats @avidlyUks36 ! Hope second beta is high!

@sfield21 Move! My doc’s nurse says moving around and exercising that glute after the shot can help prevent soreness. I also used the heating pad

Anyone else peeing on sticks before hcg blood test?

intoducing myself (a little late). I had my transfer (1 frozen untested blastocyst) on Sunday. And now in the 10 day wait. Hubby is giving me PIO shots each night.. fun stuff. Leaving my story in the trigger warning- loss and children both mentioned. 

Hoping for babies for everyone this round! We could all use some positive news and vibes!
    So this is my third transfer off our 1 retrieval when I was 33 years old. I had a terrible miscarriage off the the first transfer but our second transfer resulted in 1 healthy beautiful baby who lights up our lives!

This second baby will complete our family. This blastocyst along with the 2 remaining are untested.. I’ve had a total of 3 losses so I’m realistic about this. fingers crossed for everyone!
  • avidlyuks36avidlyuks36 member
    edited June 2020
    Beta dropped 10 pt.... they asked me to stop all medication and come back Friday at 9 to confirm hormone levels have returned to normal.

super sad but going forward 
  • @avidlyuks36 I’m so sorry. What a mindf@ck. 

@eggcellent welcome. It takes me a little longer to get my lining thickness up so I usually go a little more than 2 weeks or 3.  I have to take a lot of estradiol to get up to what they want. 

@somewhereinnyc I always test early, otherwise I would go insane waiting for the call. I need to be as mentally prepared  as possible. I’m sorry for your losses. I have a similar story and really hopeful for a 2nd. 

AFM: as expected beta was negative. I was glad I tested but the call was still really hard. Our follow up with doctor is Thursday afternoon. Does anyone know when I should expect my period? The transfer was 13 days ago so probably any day, right. 
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• So sorry to hear of your news @avidlyuks36 and @laurad75... Please take care of yourselves. I hope you both can jump into another cycle when you're ready.  <3
  • *lurking*
    @laurad75 you're on PIO right? For reference, in my case, it took a week of no PIO for my period to show up after my failed FET last year. Suppositories took less, maybe 3 or 4 days. I think everyone is a little different.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 yes. Today is my first day off PIO. That’s helpful. I’d love to get started again with my next cycle but wonder if that is too soon. 
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @avidlyuks36 I am so sorry. Such a gut punch  to have the first beta positive and then it go down.
  • @laurad75 I know a negative call really stinks, even when expecting it. I remember I let the call go to voicemail for my first failed cycle because I really didnt know how I was going to respond to the nurse on the phone. 
  • @laurad75 My clinic doesn't just keep trying embryos one cycle after the other. I did a number of tests first, including ERA and Receptiva to make sure I was receptive and didn't have any inflammation. I'm always surprised at people who transfer embryos month after month like I was doing with my IUIs. Do what feels right to you  <3
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @avidlyuks36 I am so sorry.  What a roller coaster this week must have been for you.  Sending a huge virtual hug! <3

@laurad75 Even though you were trying to mentally prepare, a negative call can still feel like a punch to the gut.  I just looked back at my first FET, which was unsuccessful, to see when I started AF.  I received my negative call on March 26th and AF started for me on March 29th.  I was doing PIO shots and taking estrace at the time.  Due to the timing of everything, I had to wait until May to get started to try again.  An ERA was recommended for me.  Fortunately it sounds like you should have some answers regarding the next steps soon.
  • eggcellenteggcellent member
    edited June 2020
    @avidlyuks36 - I'm so sorry. <3 Such a heartbreak to see a positive and then see it fade - it has happened to me 4 times before I started IVF and it can make you feel so helpless. Virtual hug to you.

@laurad75 - I'm also sorry to hear your beta was negative. Things can be so unfair. I hope your next cycle is a success, hang in there. <3

@sfield21 - Wow thank you for the detailed description of your meds & timing. A transfer on CD20 would be amazing, that's so much faster that I was expecting. I can't believe you're doing your own PIO shots - you're a super woman! This will be my first FET cycle but I'm already dreading the PIO lumps and bruises hehe.

And to all those peeing on sticks before betas... I feel you! I mean honestly I'm so nuts I feel like I'm gonna leave the FET procedure room and immediately go pee on a stick in the clinic bathroom LOL  :D:D 
  • @avidlyuks36 so sorry! That just sucks. Will they have next steps for you on Friday, too? 

@laurad75 so sorry for the negative, even though you were mentally preparing for it. I’m glad you’ll get some answers on next steps soon. 
  • @sfield21 congrats on being PUPO! 
  • @sfield21 - How exciting! Good luck!! 

@somewhereinnyc - What a BEAUTIFUL sight, that's not even a squinter! Crossing my fingers for you! <3

• Congrats @somewhereinnyc!! Have you tested again since? 

I’m 2dp5dt and wondering what sort of things you ladies do following a FET? Looking for do’s and don’t s plus any sex input, yes/no/wait a bit? 

I can’t remember what I did for my first FET that was successful. TIA :):smile:
  • @sfield21 thanks! And yes tested again but with the cheap internet ones not first response. Those are positive.. still very guarded in getting excited. The doc who did my transfer  said no heavy lifting for 3 days but no other instructions. But I clearly didn’t follow that info. I have a small child from my second FET. I doubt there’s any harm To having sex.. most stuff you do or don’t do at this point probably won’t massively change the outcome I think..
  • @sfield21 my doctor says pelvic rest until heartbeat appointment and other things like no heavy lifting, no hot tub, no unpasteurized cheese, etc., but he also says there isn't really much past the transfer point you can  do to make it work/not work , so 🤷‍♀️
  • @somewhereinnyc Thats so exciting! When is your beta? 

@sfield21 hope the TWW flies by for you!

I went in for my check today. Lining at 6.5, follicle at 15. They want 8 and 18 to trigger, so back in again Tuesday. This natural cycle FET is very hands off compared to IVF with transfer. It feels both strange and nice. 

• @halfanewt almost there! I also do natural cycle FET’s. Only medication is progesterone after transfer. Much easier imo. Beta is on Wednesday, which will be 10 days post transfer. 

@sfield21 you getting antsy to test?
  • Oh yes, definitely antsy!! Pretty bad I already tested.... hahaha 3dp. I like to see the progression (if any) so I test a lot... :) Nothing showing yet of course, but I’ll test again this week sometime. 
  • @somewhereinnyc congratulations! Such an exciting feeling! Do you continue to test after getting a positive?
  • becca07024411becca07024411 member
    edited June 2020
    @halfanewt I know what you mean. We do medicated cycles but it is still way less involved than a regular ivf retrieval cycle. It feels so surreal to have a possible transfer in 2 weeks, almost like it is not even happening. I guess last time in 2018 we had 1st egg retrieval, FET, 2nd egg retrieval, FET all back to back it was like 6 months straight of constant stuff. Hopefully it is not the case this time!
  • @becca07024411 yah I have been. Seems to have gotten darker but honestly after my previous experiences, it doesn’t make me feel better. First transfer on single untested blastocyst had a great beta that didn’t double and ended up being a blighted ovum. Took a lot of pills and procedures to get past that mc. I was pretty sick from the bleeding.  Second transfer (natural cycle FET) of 2 blastocysts started as triplets (1 conceived naturally) and ended as 1 healthy baby. And my betas didn’t quite double with that 1 either. So.. just trying to stay positive but also not get hopes too high. When is your transfer?

@sfield21 haha! Yah a little early. I barely saw anything at 4 days after. Are yours PGS tested? 
  • @somewhereinnyc that is crazy about the transfer showing as triplets with one conceived naturally. What are the chances of that happening with a natural FET?! I understand your caution about getting too excited. There is a fine line balancing being hopefully but still grounded about all possibilities- one I am still trying to figure out. We will be transferring the only female embryo we have, so I am really trying to keep my emotions in check. My transfer is the 22nd, two weeks from today if everything goes well at lining check next Tuesday.