Infertility

Spring FET

avidlyuks36avidlyuks36 member
edited May 2020 in Infertility
since a few of us are gearing up for transfers we thought it would be nice to merge the May and June ladies together.... Let's chat here:)

Re: Spring FET

• How many of you ladies are doing acupuncture? thinking about doing a couple of sessions the week of the transfer and 2 post-transfer.
  • Hi! I’m getting ready for a FET later this month hopefully. My lining was a little light at my
    monitoring appt so I’m on a ton of estradiol and hoping for a better lining next week. 

avidlyuks36 I responded on the other thread but I’m doing remote acupuncture via video calls. My acupuncturist coaches me through placing tiny needles and then I take a nap. 
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Loading the player...
  • Ahhh, I made an appt to go to my acupuncturist in-person this week. In NYC, there are a few places open and she is in my neighborhood so no uber needed :) 

My FET routine in the past included drinking tons of tea, sleeping with socks on, and warm/hot yoga.... I'm trying to duplicate everything I did for the last successful transfer without stressing myself out. 
  • @avidlyuks36 I was trying to remember all the things I did for my last successful FET, even all the anecdotal stuff like pineapple, etc. Lol.  
    I started BCP yesterday 5/10 and will stop on 5/30 and am still occasionally BF'ing 12 month old so am a little scared what the combo pill may do to my supply. Next appointment is 5/28 for an endo scratch and if everything goes to plan the transfer would either be 6/22 or 6/26.
    Currently my clinic is not letting anyone except the patient at any appointments (even transfer day) and require a covid test 3 days before the schedule transfer since it is in the surgery center, but I am just thankful they are letting some proceed. I am guessing yall all have the same policies?
  • Hello ladies!! For some reason I have a lot of issues getting into the forums lately, not sure why. I started estradiol this week and will start PIO on the 21st which is my first lining check. 

No acupuncture here but it’s cool they are guiding you! @laurad75

TW:
    So I’ve been around the FET block 3 times and have done 1 fresh. I got pregnant with 3 of 4 with eating the pineapple core. 1st time I didn’t finish the 5 days and MC, the other 2 times I ate the core I did the whole 5 days and have 2 kids.. so I’m a believer. 

Good luck ladies! I look forward to getting to know you all!
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• Looks like everyone here so far is a hopeful STM/TTM. Are you transferring PGS tested embryos?
  • @FishyMom

Thanks for sharing -- I eat pineapple core too! I normally start when we have to get the go-ahead for the trigger shot and I eat it until we hear the heartbeat. You are so lucky to have so many kiddos -- Wer'e trying for our 2nd and then we're all done :)
  • @becca07024411 -- yes, my last embryo is a PGS tested ... are yours? how many do you have?
  • caitb13caitb13 member
    Hi ladies! I am hopeful we will have an FET this June. Our hospitals are just resuming elective procedures, and I just scheduled a video visit with our RE for May 22 to discuss next steps.  TBH, I'm a little hesitant to proceed given everything going on, but we've had three canceled transfers in 2020 due to poor lining so I feel like we need to push forward since I don't know how long this process will take. TW - we have a two year old daughter from our first FET so I'm hopeful that it will work out soon. Good luck to you all! 
  • becca07024411becca07024411 member
    edited May 2020
    @avidlyuks36 My first retrieval I had 3 untested embryos to freeze. First FET from that round was negative and 2nd FET from that same round resulted in my son. I have 1 remaining from that round. Between FET 1 and 2 I did a second retrieval and have 4.5 PGS tested normals. I say 4.5 because one of them is technically mostly normal, but with less confidence on one of the chromosomes (I cant remember which one). So basically I have 4.5 tested + 1 untested.

We went ahead with a 2nd retrieval before the second FET because my job at that time had pretty good coverage, I had met my deductible, and I was as young as I would ever be for this, lol. I knew I would most likely have to do another round at some point anyways and decided to go ahead and do it then and hopefully avoid never having to open that chapter of my life again. 
  • I thought I would chime in on the PGS testing.  When we attempted IVF with my eggs we tested all the embryos due to my age (actually I think it was just 1 that made it to testing) - we never had a normal embryo.  When we switched to donor egg we decided not to test so we could do a fresh transfer and that transfer resulted in my son.  We decided with our doctor that testing the embryos wasn't necessary since our donor was young and had genetic testing.  I believe we made the right decision but when we did a 2nd FET this past fall I was briefly pregnant again but miscarried.  It turns out that embryo had an abnormality which we would have caught with PGS but at the end of the day it was just bad luck.  We are not testing the remaining the embryos because its a risk to thaw, test, refreeze and then thaw again. 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @laurad75 I've always wondered, how do they determine that an embryo that resulted in miscarriage was abnormal?  Is there a way they're able to test after the fact?  Sorry if that is a silly question.  

I did test all of my embryos.  With DE we had 8 day 6 embryos and out of those 5 were normal, two abnormal, and one mosaic.  My donor was young and healthy but I knew the odds were that some embryos could still be of a lower quality than others so I wanted to test for my own peace of mind.

• @laurelew Not a silly question at all.  I had a D&C after an ultrasound found that we lost the pregnancy.  We were offered the opportunity to test the tissue which was important to me to get answers (see below for a little more detail but TW).  With those tests they discovered the embryo was positive for trisomy 13.  I struggle with the reality that if we did PGS testing we would known this embryo had the abnormality and would not have transferred it but I can't change that now.  We are transferring another embryo next week and if that is not successful we will consider testing the remaining embryos.  

*TW - at our first ultrasound the heart rate was reading low and they struggled to get a consistent number but they weren't concerned yet and wanted me to come back the following week.  The 2nd US found a stronger heart rate but discovered 2 heartbeats.  We were told the embryo split and I was carrying identical twins.  That was the craziest week of my life.  They wanted me to come back for one more US to make sure everything looked okay and in that US they told us there was not heartbeats.  When we went back for my D&C they did one more US and found a 3rd sac.  Ultimately once we realized that the embryo had T-13 it was clear that instead of growing the embryo was splitting off.  It was sad but we are looking forward to moving on.  

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @laurad75 I'm so sorry.  That must have been an extremely difficult and stressful time for you and your DH (as if the waiting to get pregnant process isn't already stressful enough!).  I am sending positive vibes your way for the transfer next week!  
  • @laurad75 — good luck this week. I woke up with some cm — so I think we will trigger tonight.  I’m so excited and nervous.

@becca07024411 — you’re so lucky that you did two rounds back to back. I wish we did. We had to pay mostly out of pocket so the idea of shelling out 50k in one year was not reasonable. When do you think you’ll transfer?

i’ve started eating the pineapple, drinking ginger tea, and acupuncture. I have to work in some yoga for mental relaxation but it’s hard with a one year old.

• So this cycle has been irregular --- in the past, I've had the trigger on day D14 and its almost day 17 and we haven't done it yet .... have any of you ladies triggered late like day 19 or 20--- I'm not sure if this is my nerves because its our last egg or if this cycle has my hormones outta wack.  this cycle is a natural cycle for me and my estrogen levels are hovering around 100 to 120... have you ladies done an unmedicated FET? what were your estrogen levels like?
  • We’re going forward— I’m on estrogen patches and transferring tomorrow :)
  • Good luck @avidlyuks36!! Will you test early? 

@laurad75 that sounds so horrible and I am so sorry!! 

We tested our failed cycle after having a d&c and it came back completely normal and I was crushed. I wanted answers so much but nothing. It can absolutely be tested after. 
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• @FishyMom We won't test early but last time I had some implantation bleeding and that eased my soul -- so I hope the same thing happens this time. We have a beta scheduled on 5/31/2020.

@laurelew thank you! I actually screwed up the days -- it's tomorrow not today. more tea for me...lol
  • Hey Ladies! How are you doing? Any updates? Where are you in your cycle?
  • @avidlyuks36 how did your transfer go?

my FET was this morning. All went well and they transferred one 4aa. I’m feeling hopeful but it’s going to be a long week. We are leaving town tomorrow just to get out of the city so hopefully that takes my mind off of things for a while. Beta is 6/1 but I’ve never been able to resist early testing. 

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @laurad75 so exciting! I have my fingers crossed for you. I am a  early tester too. Honestly, for failed cycles I find it more of a gentle letdown than finding out 10 days later at beta. Like, at 5dp5dt I was like "okay, it is a good chance it is too early", and then each day it was negative it kinda sunk in a little more. Personally I prefer that to the rip the bandaid off on beta day type news, but that is just my personality and I can see how that would be more stressful to some people.

@avidlyuks36 good luck tomorrow! I hope it is peaceful and stress free!
  • I was able to move my endo scratch to tomorrow since I am working from home this week, so it will be nice to get that out of the way and already halfway through BCP!
  • Things are relatively quiet over here.  I had my ERA on Tuesday but of course I will have to wait to obtain those results along with the results of whether or not I have any endometrial inflammation.  Currently waiting to start AF so I can start my transfer cycle and find out the date of my FET.  So just like everyone else I'm just waiting, waiting, waiting.  Hopefully one month from today I should be waiting for a beta (FX)!
  • @laurad75— congrats on your transfer yesterday!! I hope we both see BFP :) 
    my transfer went well --  they spread us so far apart that I didn't see any other moms -- which made the process eerily quiet. I was able to have a moment of gratitude for making it this far and to hope for the best. my plan is to relax and laugh today and tomorrow :)

@laurelew -- waiting is so hard. I'm creating checklist of things I want to accomplish and work my way through it. simple things like send out amazon returns buy avocados :) 

@becca07024411-- when you're done with BCP -- Do you get the FET date?
  • Hi all! It is exciting to see everyone's progress! I am currently on estradiol until May 29th when I have a checkup appt to see how my hormone levels and lining thickness are. I am hoping for a FET the first week of June. 

Fingers crossed and positive vibes for you both @laurad75 and @avidlyuks36
  • Hi all! I just started estradiol on Thursday and have my checkin on the 27th. Looking at a June 10th FET!! I was supposed to start my progesterone the day after they closed everything so excited to try again. 

Looking forward to going through this with all of you!
  • @dreamingofabump -- welcome to the group! how is the estradiol treating you -- I'm super moody. Congrats on your FET date... mine was last week and I'm in the midst of a 2ww.
  • Hi Ladies!
    Happy Wednesday -- how are you doing? Any updates or reasons to vent :)
  • Happy Wednesday!  I started my protocol yesterday (estrace and estrogen patches).  Still waiting for the results of my ERA but I am tentatively scheduled for my FET on June 15.  

Possibly off topic but I had horrible stomach pains yesterday.  Randomly I think it started as cramps them morphed into stomach pain.  I don't feel 100% yet this morning but better than I did yesterday.  I'm not sure if it could be connected to the cramps, the medication I'm on, or what.  I just hope it gets better throughout the day today instead of worse again.  :s
  • Hi all, happy Wednesday! I think I finally get to join - hooray! Suppression check US Friday, but assuming that’s good we’re set to try a natural FET for June :) 

• laurelew I hope the stomach pains pass -- maybe some lemon water will help the aches pass.

We have our beta on Sunday and I feel like Bon Jovi -- we're half way there. I’m super nervous and anxious— I fluctuate from knowing I’m pregnant to running through cost of another round. Only Dave Chapell  puts me in a good mood.
  • @avidlyuks36 The TWW is the worst!  It seems like we all go through the same emotions during that time.  It seriously feels like the worst form of mental torture.  Sunday is so close!  I am keeping my fingers crossed for you big time.

@halfanewt So exciting to have the first step of your process in sight.  Best of luck with the suppression check on Friday. :)

• @avidlyuks36 my beta is Monday. I was feeling queasy this morning so I broke down and tested but got a negative. I know it’s early but I’m disappointed. My husband was annoyed that I tested so I’m going to try and not test again before Monday. It’s so hard to wait!!!!

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @laurad75 -- my husband and I are avid non-testers and 2ww plus pandemic is giving me anxiety... so we decided that I could test if it would ease my mind. I'm happy that now I have something to debate about. I probably won't or I will do it on Saturday. My beta is Sunday morning and I pray every night for good news :) I'll add you and positive beta results tonight!

@lauralew Thank you so much-- how is your protocol going? the patches are making me super emotional and weepy. everything makes me weepy...

• @avidlyuks36 I love that you and your husband coordinate your plans to tackle the TWW.  My husband doesn't generally worry either way about the outcome of the TWW (he just believe it will happen when it happens) -- it drives me crazy that he can't relate.  Your beta will be here before you know.  Praying for good news for you as well!

afm: So far so good over here.  They gradually build up my estrogen levels throughout the cycle so right now I'm on the lowest amount.  Last month I was very emotional and I'm sure the estrogen didn't help (they had me take all of the same meds for the ERA).  I did get a call on Wednesday letting me know that I had no inflammation in my uterine lining that we would have to treat this cycle so that made me feel great!  It felt like something was going right, you know?
  • @laurelew I know that feeling! Glad things are headed in the right direction for you.

@laurad75 hoping for good results for you on Monday! 

My US tech said all looked good, though I’m still waiting on the official call from the nurse. 
  • @avidlyuks36 - Yes! I was wondering why I've been wanting to whap my husband upside the head. Very moody, poor guy. So exciting about your transfer and looking forward to hearing great news from your Sunday visit. 

Dumb question on my end and I haven't been able to find this information anywhere. What do you all mean when you say beta?

@laurad75 - I don't blame you! I will probably be an avid tester except I won't tell my husband....just you all lol
  • @dreamingofabump Beta stands for beta hCG test.  It's a lab test (blood work) in a fertility clinic to test the human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) levels.  In short, the first beta will you tell you if you are pregnant or not.  Subsequent beta tests confirm that your hCG levels are rising at expected rates commensurate with how far along in the pregnancy you are.