September 2020 Moms
Options

April Symptoms

13»

Re: April Symptoms

• Options
    I know this baby was conceived after we had a 2 week dry spell, so probably not many boy sperm still hanging around
    Wait...whaaaa? I‘ve never heard of this (but I haven’t researched it or anything either). Tell me more! 

Heartburn is never ending here. I’ve also gotten to that point where I have to get up from chairs/sitting *slowly* and it helps to push off the arm rests. Otherwise it feels like I just jerked my round ligament. I’m not showing any more than last time or gaining much weight so I don’t know where this is coming from. I don’t remember this from last pregnancy- thinking I’ll ask the midwife about it at my appointment tomorrow. 
  • Options
    @dontcallmeshirley1 With each pregnancy I have had more and more Braxton Hicks and they started earlier. I have already been having them this time around. 😑
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @corngirl I find myself having to get up slowly too or else I feel like uterus gets a huge stretch/contraction! I’m definitely feeling crampy lately but I think it’s from everything growing and stretching since It’s not consistent. 
  • Options
    starting to swell up again, I swelled a lot my first few weeks and couldn’t wear my rings, it went away and I was able to wear them again. Lately, I’ve been waking up in the middle of the night and my fingers are so swollen my rings won’t move, and I get freaked out and run into the bathroom and run under the water to take them off. So I’ve just taken them off again for the time being.  
  • Options
    @dontcallmeshirley1 I have been having uncomfortable Braxton Hicks for a couple weeks which is much stronger and much much earlier than my previous two pregnancies. The one day it was non-stop strong tightness for probably 12hrs. At my last appointment I mentioned what had been occurring and they said just to get lots of water and rest if I can. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @dontcallmeshirley1 I was just coming here to ask if anyone else was noticing Braxton Hicks yet. I did with our last around this time, too, but it always freaks me out! Crazy babies. 
  • Options
    @corngirl the theory is that boy sperm (those carrying a Y chromosome) don't last as long as girl sperm (those carrying an X chromosome). I'm not sure if it's true or not though. I don't think they can really test it, so take it with a grain of salt lol.

I've definitely been feeling some pressure/pain down low across my abdomen. I know I had bad Braxton Hicks with DH because of my work so I'm hoping with me being off that it won't be as bad this time.
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    @corngirl I do natural family planning so I track ovulation purely on cervical mucus. Like @mflowers929 said the boy sperm are supposedly faster and don’t stick around as long. We have always got pregnant right at ovulation and have boys. So I’m just curious if it’s actually true lol 
  • Options
    Yes, I've heard if you want a girl, you should have sex a couple days before you ovulate and then abstain. The girl sperm are stronger and will be patiently waiting for the egg 😅 
  • Options
    Glad to hear the Braxton Hicks aren't just me! I've got an u/s coming up and I'll be sure they check my cervix length then.

For everyone asking about the boy v girl sperm, it's called the Shettle's method! There's not really any evidence it works (including my anecdotal evidence with all three of my kids lol).
    DS1 2009
    DS2 2010
    DS3 2014
    DD born 8/24/2020!
  • Options
    I’m so tired. Like.. painfully tired. My energy level hasn’t been great this entire pregnancy, but whoa, I’ve hit a wall of exhaustion.  :s
  • Options
    @chasingroygbiv same!! I get tired so fast at night and can sleep forever. H doesn’t get it because he only needs like 6 hours of sleep and goes to bed between 3 and 5 am usually. .I however need all the sleep to feel good when I wake up! 
  • Options
    slr1229slr1229 member
    Anyone else still shedding a ton of hair?  I swear last time I didn’t shed once while pregnant.  I could make a wig with all the loose hair!
  • Options
    @slr1229 tons! I thought it was supposed to be healthy and get thick, but I lose lots daily. 
  • Options
    @slr1229 same here! I’ve been wondering what’s up with that too!