September 2020 Moms
Options

April Symptoms

Re: April Symptoms

• Options
    My areolas 😭 so big lol H saw them yesterday and commented on how they’ve gotten so much larger. Now I’m self conscious! I expected this but it’s definitely weird to see. 
  • Options
    @greyl Isn’t it weird the things that change?! My belly went from peeling to now my boobs, too. WTF? Never had this happen before! 

Also, the hip pain when I sleep (or try to) at night is awful. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @greyl I hate my pregnancy boobs. They are all big and weird and the nipples are just bizarre looking. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @chasingroygbiv so weird! & they’re peeling?? That’s so interesting! Mine are all veiny! I’m expecting more stuff soon!

@Louise_Belcher I’m not enjoying how they’re looking so far lol I told H they’re not complete yet and in this awkward stage which I hope is somewhat true? I feel like the areolas are growing away from the boob it’s so odd. Especially since the actual nipples are not that much bigger than they used to be 
  • Options
    My left hip in particular likes to go numb when I'm sleeping on my side. The odd thing is that it doesn't matter if I'm sleeping on the left or the right side lol
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    Heartburn !! 
  • Options
    @robinj716 same! Do you do anything for it? 
  • Options
    TMI ahead (although not sure I even need this warning since it's all TMI at this point)

So I'm the only one who actually likes my PG boobs? 😂 @Louise_Belcher @greyl
    They're definitely better than my breastfeeding boobs! (and honestly, my post-BFing boobs) 

Anybody else experiencing vaginal itchiness?

• Options
    @jennifer_louise lol I was wondering the same on both points!  No complaint on finally having boobs big enough to talk about, except I've been leaking a lot of colostrum since 16 weeks, which takes some getting used to (FTM) and DH is a little unsure of still ha!

And the vaginal itchiness has been awful- I also have eczema terrible on my neck, between my boobs and inside of my elbows, so I feel like I'm constantly itching everywhere. Only thing I've found to help vaginal itchiness is baby powder... Hope that's safe to use?  Have you found anything else that helps? 
  • Options
    I don't mind my boobs getting bigger, although they're nothing to sneeze at regularly. They are a little painful when DS decides to stick his hand down my shirt though (which is like all the time lately)
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    @greyl I never liked mine throughout pregnancy and for a long while after breastfeeding. They look all puffy and the areola and nipple are straight up fugly. I normally have little boobs and I much prefer my flat chest. 

@jennifer_louise Yup! I have been having difficulty with itchiness.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • Options
    @angbaby83 I just eat two tums and it helps! 
  • Options
    @jennifer_louise I will definitely get back to you once I see my breastfeeding/post BFing boobs! Hahaha I like that they’re bigger since I’ve always been kinda self conscious about mine but like @Louise_Belcher I hate the way my nips look unless they’re “out” like cold or whatever 😂 
  • Options
    I am SO irritable. My patience is barely existent. I snap at my employees when they do dumb 🤬, which is all the time. Working right now is already stressful enough without having to pick up everyone’s slack 🙄
  • Options
    Well, @greyl idk if this is universal but mine have basically been stuck in the "out" position ever since BFing 😂

@Louise_Belcher @readytobemama I haven't tried anything for mine yet but I will ask my doc at my Telehealth appt next week and get back to you! 
  • Options
    I have round ligament pain.  Well Iam assuming what the aches and pains are. My pelvic area and hips are so achy. I also have such bad eczema on my stomach, back, arms it's out of control! 
  • Options
    Reading all of these are funny, because I have most of them too. The aerola thing has been in place for like the last 6 weeks or so. They are bigger and darker. It's strange. 
    I'm also super irritable but definitely better than I was the first trimester. Sometimes I would think, my poor SO, when I would blow up at him. But then I quickly got over it. LOL. 
    And the headaches and sleeping has been frustrating! I can't get comfortable sleeping I'm always moving around! And the other day I had siatic nerve pain, which was a first. I could feel that from my hip all the way down my leg, WTF. Not fun. 
  • Options
    Yeah, the areolas do become bigger and darker. I hated it during my first pregnancy but realized it was a cute thing when you look into the biology of why it happens...basically babies only see contrasts when they are first born...so our bodies darken our areolas to stand out from surrounding tissue to make it easier for babies to find it for breastfeeding. It goes away a few months after delivery!

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Options
    Anyone's eyesight changing yet? This happened to me last pregnancy, but at the end. I just switched to glasses primarily, but it was late pregnancy when I had a laundry list of other complications so I don't remember much about it. This is SO early, it seems, to have my eyes changing, but I swear everything is blurry and I think it's contributing to my migraines. :/
  • Options
    @angbaby83 Apple cider vinegar is the only thing that helps my heartburn. Crazy, I know. Also papaya enzyme.
    @readytobemama I'd do some research on baby powder. Maybe try something lubricating, like coconut oil. Your vagina, etc. is dry due to hormones.
    Those with hip pain (@mflowers929 @chasingroygbiv ) have you tried a pillow between your knees? I have terrible sciatica, thanks to my first pregnancy. The pillows doesn't get rid of it, but I cannot lay down without a pillow between my legs.
  • Options
    @jayandaplus unfortunately I've tried everything. The only thing that seems to help (oddly enough) is sleeping propped up. My hips and lower back are so screwed up from doing over a decade of care work and having to bodily lift people =/
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    @jayandaplus yeah someone else suggested Apple cider vinegar.  I might try that.  I've been taking Tums for now.  I was on zantac last pregnancy but really want to avoid more meds. 
  • Options
    @mflowers929 Yeah, I wish I could sleep more upright. I nap in a chair and honestly it's significantly better than my nighttime/bed sleep. What do you do for work? (I'm a nurse.)
  • Options
    @jayandaplus I started in home care and now I've been working in care homes for like 8 years.
    I contemplated going for my nursing for a number of years but I couldn't figure out how to make it work, and I also don't speak French which is a must around here.
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    My nose has been irritating me. I sneeze a lot in the morning and then it’s runny. Feel like I’m constantly blowing my nose but it doesn’t feel like a cold 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    @greyl I am sneezing all the time. Nose isn’t running but am somewhat stuffy. It’s annoying. 
  • Options
    I've been leaking a lot of colostrum during the night.  Any recommendations on how to deal with this?  So uncomfortable waking up on puddles!
  • Options
    @readytobemama I’d buy a sleep bra and wear reusable nursing pads. I’ve noticed that it seems I leak a tiny bit but nothing too noticeable. 
  • Options
    Same on the breast front. They are huge and the areolas are enormous and in general I just loathe them right now. Trying to keep perspective. 

I've been congested since 2019. No joke. 

But mostly I feel a heck of a lot better than first trimester. 
  • Options
    I'm still nursing my toddler on and off, but I'm pretty sure that my milk is already transitioning to colostrum. It's much thicker and creamier than it was.
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    I keep having periods where my heart suddenly beats really hard. I think I remember this happening with my last pregnancy.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • Options
    @greyl pregnancy hormones can definitely cause congestion and more mucus. All my pregnancies have been this way during the early stages. I hate it! 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    My sciatic nerve on my right side has been killing me today. I’m too early to be dealing with back pain but am expecting twins so maybe it’s time to buy a new pregnancy pillow. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    @Louise_Belcher same. Feels like I’m having severe anxiety or something which usually isn’t the case at the time it’s happening. 
  • Options
    @greyl Yeah. It feels like a piece of a panic attack but without the elevated emotional response or maybe after a physical activity. I could be laughing and having a good time or just chilling on the couch watching a show I like and get a period of it beating super strong. It doesn't feel any faster than normal. It is just weird. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • Options
    @louise_belcher yes exactly!! It happened to me last night when I was trying to relax and fall asleep. Definitely a weird feeling. 
  • Options
    @readytobemama invest in some reusuable breast pads! I used bamboo ones after birth. Comfortable and effective. 
  • Options
    @Louise_Belcher and @greyl I have had the same thing with my heart feeling like it’s beating really hard- glad to hear it’s normal! 

Anyone else still nauseous or were still nauseous at 17 weeks and now better?? It feels like it’ll never end 😂 I was finally feeling good on two bonjesta a day but now have to wean off it bc I’m running out and my OB won’t prescribe it they want me to do unisom and B6. The b6 is better than nothing but back to all day nausea on it compared to bonjesta. The only perk of the switch is it doesn’t make me drowsy so I finally have the second trimester energy boost lol 
  • Options
    I've been having a painful bladder in the morning for a while now, but the pain usually goes aways as soon as I pee.  However yesterday and today the pain has stuck around, anyone else had this?  
  • Options
    @readytobemama I've had this since 10 weeks! Lots of squished organs in there now. Midwife assured me everything is okay