September 2020 Moms

Strange cravings

124»

Re: Strange cravings

• I had a cucumber sandwich for breakfast this morning (lol) and it was amazeballs. I really want another lol
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • I've been craving Sprite, crackers and cheese, and cereal.  All so different from each other!  Meat is still my main aversion unfortunately, I can only get a few bites down and then that's it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • All that I want is sherbet and DH can’t find any in the stores so he brought me a big box of push pops and I’ve been devouring them. I just always want something cold and tart.
  • @readytobemama I could crush a cheese platter right now that sounds so good! I’ve been weird with meat too. Some days I can eat a whole steak and others I’m just like eh. It has to be cooked and seasoned perfectly for it to be appetizing. 
  • @greyl Yes same on the meat!  A burger is the only meat I can get down in entirety, everything else looks, smells and tastes like something off the sidewalk to me which is so different than the me before pregnancy. 
  • @readytobemama I’m glad the push pops are working as a substitute. With how crazy it’s been to get stuff my husband has had to go to different stores to meet my craving of biscuits and gravy lol lucky for me he is willing to do it 
  • @ktholysz Husbands are so great. Mine was obsessed with getting my every craving with our first and it is so irritating to him that he can’t do that this time around. For whatever reason all of the grocery stores near us have been raided for any and all frozen treats and ice cream. I guess people want to treat themselves.
  • Yes to the frozen treats! We lucked out and have a friend who has connections to the stuff grocery stores can’t sell but are still safe to eat type stuff and got her hands on 3 gallon tubs of Breyers ice cream for free so we got one chocolate and one strawberry- let’s just say we are set on ice cream for a few months 😂
  • Also i wonder if our bodies really crave what is needed- like because of how sick I was first trimester I could not keep down like any dairy and now that I’m doing better I have been craving so much dairy so I wonder if it’s my body’s way of making up the lack of calcium 😂
  • megsmcp said:
    @raesky1111 I've had a sandwich with deli meat for lunch basically every day since I found out I was pregnant haha. The chance of getting listeria from deli meat at this point is lower than getting it from lettuce 
    This right here! In the past 10 years the only recalls of food sold in grocery stores/restaurants that I’ve heard of that were related to listeria were from cut up and repackaged fresh produce (think cut up melon, etc.). First pregnancy I was *so good* about no lunch meat or deli salads unless heated. This time my philosophy has been “If I’m craving it and it’s not raw or alcohol, I’m eating it (in moderation).” I loooove eating at Chicken Salad Chick and on top of
    it, from the time I learned I was pregnant I’ve wanted subs on a regular basis too. Bet you can guess what I’ve been having for lunch once a week...

Also, @greyl and everyone else, YES to egg salad. Until last week I had never made egg salad or desired to eat it much. But when the Rona panic buying started, eggs became super difficult to find and that was about the time I totally ran out of eggs. About 10 days later I found eggs, but the only way to get some was in a 7.5 doz box from SAMs. So I learned to make egg salad and improvised by adding pickles too! Lol it was delicious. 
  • I'm still on a nope for eggs but rn I'm between wanting lemonade and wanting nice fat medium rare bloody steaks with mashed potatoes for dipping 😂 Not sure what I wanna do for dinner tonight though, I don't want the fettuccini alfredo I packed and while I know that'll make my SO sad since he's the one that cooked it, it's just not appealing to me.
    Still, steaks.... 🤤🤤
  • I also have a meat aversion. I’m not much into the meats theses days except for deli meat. I’ve craved cold fruit and veggies from
    the beginning! Right now I’m eating an entire jar of sliced pickled beets!! 
  • @robinj716 I went to TOWN on some pickled beets just yesterday. Soooo goooood!
  • I’ve been on a watermelon 🍉 binge. They aren’t even properly in season yet but they are so refreshing. I’ve given up on cutting them up because I’m the only one who likes them so I just sit and hollow them out with a spoon at night while we watch telly.
  • @beaandthebabes I love watermelon! I used to eat a whole half of a mini melon every day for a long time
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @emohay1988 and @robinj716 +1 on pickled beets! So now I gotta ask...ever had red beet eggs? It’s basically hard boiled eggs soaked in pickled beet juice and they are sooo yummy even when I’m not pregnant. It’s a staple where I grew up but folks down here think I’m nuts for even thinking about making/eating such a thing. 
  • @corngirl I have not tried them but I have seen them at our local grocery store salad bar!!! I’m on upper east coast! 
  • I've had like a liter of brisk lemonade to drink tonight since I've had it on the brain the past few days and my brain and body are so satisfied that I feel like this is going to be my major craving kick for at least a week or two... Even more so since summer is coming up! 
  • Because I’ve been thinking about those cheese and crackers. Featuring dog nose because what else is new when you have a spoiled dog 😂
  • @corngirl no but I've also been on hard boiled egg kick the past couple weeks and the combo sounds so freaking good!!
  • I just realized I crave vinegar type things. In the beginning I craves the pickled jalapeños and I forgot about them until I started thinking of my recent pickled beets and tomatoes/cucumbers with balsamic vinegar cravings. So clearly I like the vinegar haha! 
  • New craving - potato salad!!
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @mflowers929 that does sound good! 
  • @mflowers929 loooove anything potato

just remembered I have bagel bites in the freezer 😁🤤
  • 2 cravings on one plate 😋
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Orange sherbet. Yum!!
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So the other night I dipped myself a nice bowl of Blue Bell Homestyle Vanilla ice cream and then decided to put wheat Chex on top of it. Odd combination but it sounded and tasted good. When DH saw me
    eating it he about dry heaved. 🤷‍♀️