September 2020 Moms

Strange cravings

Re: Strange cravings

• @NYTino24 Yes! Haha I get all the foods I miss and can’t get anywhere else. Last time I visited I got pizza but then I got sick so I couldn’t get a bagel. I’ll probably go sometime in the next couple of months to visit family so I’ll definitely be at the bagel shop first thing 😂
  • Craving fresh raw veggies but we have none in the house 😭
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Loading the player...
  • @mflowers929 WELCOME TO THE OTHER SIDE!! ❤️✨
  • I feel like all I want is fruit. I’ve gone through Costco supplies of strawberries and nectarines just this week.
  • linz36linz36 member
    edited February 2020
    cotton candy grapes!!!!!

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • @linz36 Those are my favourite all of the time (but especially now)
  • Coleslaw, fresh crunchy coleslaw with green apple in it. That's what I want. 🤷‍♀️
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Needed a soft pretzel today. Literally Googled “where can I get a soft pretzel” and apparently there’s a chain not too far from my house. Five pretzels for $3.50. I’ve eaten two and I’m going in for a third. 
  • Queso and chips over here.  And ice cream
  • Top Ramen which I haven't eaten since college. Hope this craving passes quick because I know it's soooo unhealthy 
  • Not weird, but specific. I've been wanting MEAT. Burgers, specifically. This happened with my first pregnancy (I think I might have low iron, not enough to register on tests, but low enough that my body wants MORE.) Also anything vinegary/pickled (pepperoncini's have been life.)
  • Egg salad sandwich. I think about it every once in a while and I really want it. I’ve never made it though. I haven’t because I feel like once I make it I won’t want to eat it 😂
  • @greyl I've definitely made egg salad sandwiches for us for dinner a few times recently lol
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @mflowers929 nice!!! How do you make yours if you don’t mind sharing? 
  • This morning I went from cheesecake factory cheesecake to a can of peas. Not that I consider peas too weird, but they're not the average choice for breakfast... 
  • @raesky1111 now I need cheesecake lol
  • @greyl I just boil my eggs, put them in a bowl with mayo and salt and pepper to taste, and then mash (I use a potato masher). Sometimes I put thinly sliced onions if I feel like it.
    Egg salad sandwiches are pretty ubiquitous around here. We used to have them at my work (nursing home) for the residents literally every weekend lol. Plus it's something that DS will actually eat.
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • One of the beers my husband likes Oberon smells so good to me! I just want some so bad lol 
  • @mflowers929 ah thank you! Idk why they always look so good to me 😂 I really like eggs
  • ugh still feeling nauseous so I haven't really been craving anything.  But I randomly decided that I wanted spaghettios today.  Sadly we didn't have any and my husband has already been to the grocery store so I guess that random strange craving will go unsatisfied.
  • @ktholysz I have been wanting grapefruit shadys and margaritas. I’m not a huge drinker, but they just sound so refreshing to me. Maybe it’s the quarantine.
  • Our local brewery has been advertising their radler so I've been craving that lol.
    Also a mojito. I'm very tempted to pick up the ingredients to make a virgin version.
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @greyl I have wanted deviled eggs so bad recently and having taken the time to make them. I might have to make that happen today.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Louise_Belcher so goooddddd my in laws always make them for holidays and such and I just sit at the counter and eat all the food 😂 
  • Beer; like what in the heck?! My husband has been getting a beer from a local brewery and I literally sniff it, it smells so refreshing. 
  • @greyl I ate nothing but a plate full of deviled eggs for dinner. No regrets. 

My beer craving was intense last pregnancy  and they have already started this pregnancy. The sunny weather and not being nauseous (oh also the apocalypse :D ) has me wanting that part of my life back. Hearing H open a beer after bedtime makes me so jelly. Luckily he drinks all kinds of craft beer that I hate and I almost exclusively drink Miller Lite.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @louise_belcher all I could think about last night was eating deviled eggs. I’m glad you had some!! 

I wish I liked beer more. When I was in college I drank it a lot more, probably just to fit in though. My local bar right next to campus would do $2 big blue moons and my friends and I would go often. We also drank Guinness a lot which made my dad happy lol. Now that I’m older I don’t really fancy beer that much. I’d rather have a mixed drink or wine, but I’m picky about those too! Beer does smell good though. 
  • Salmon nagiri and a cold glass of white wine. Make that two 😁

I'm with you @Louise_Belcher, watching my husband sip a drink right now is killing me 
  • @Louise_Belcher I have to practice extreme restraint around a jar of pickles lol 
  • robyn2201robyn2201 member
    edited April 2020
    I have been craving doughnuts, margaritas, poke bowls and lemonade. 

@greyl Egg salad sandwiches sound really good too. I think I may need to make some for lunch tomorrow! 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Well I opened up this thread today and also had to eat egg salad for lunch. Thank goodness I had tons of hardboiled eggs for Easter ready to go!

The recipe didn't call for chopped up dill pickles but I sure did add them in! 
  • It's finally close enough to watermelon season that I had H pick one up for me at the store. I'm sure our nice local grown summer ones will be better but it hit the spot for now!
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • I really want a med rare crunch burger from Bobby’s burger palace but of course they’re no where near me now 😭
  • After an incredibly unhealthy first trimester (too sick to even think about vegetables) I’ve been wanting salads! Particularly chicken Caesar salads and Chick-fil-A’s harvest salad with their apple cider vinaigrette! Yum! Baby is finally getting some greens lol 

also I finally felt well enough to even risk reading this thread 😂 ive thought about deviled eggs and egg salad too just haven’t made them yet, pickles sound good and if there was a Cheesecake Factory closer by I’d definitely be getting cheesecake haha 
  • Melon. All the melon. DH got me some honeydew and cantaloupe, but they were a little disappointing because they were hard. I can't wait for nice soft melon!
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @mflowers929 it’s so disappointing when you get fruit and it’s not ripe/sweet!! 

@momofmiracles31889 H went to Costco the other day and got me a whole cheesecake and it’s my favorite thing right now
  • You know, on the alcohol level, I'm stupidly picky on that front too so the only thing I ever even somewhat enjoy drinking is Long Island Iced Tea (Captain Morgan's usually) and only with normal sweet tea to chase it with!

So I've been breaking all the rules lately and turkey sandwiches with mustard have been on the menu a lot. Prepackaged from the store, and I haven't been heating the meat in the microwave but I'm sure it's fine right? 😂
  • @raesky1111 it’s probably fine as long as it’s not too old! I’ve had deli meat a couple times too but the packaged stuff not the kind from the deli. Which is maybe better? Not sure tho. I’ve been wanting a sub but the one place I wanted it from didn’t deliver to my house so I got something else instead. 
  • @raesky1111 I've had a sandwich with deli meat for lunch basically every day since I found out I was pregnant haha. The chance of getting listeria from deli meat at this point is lower than getting it from lettuce