Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TTC

Hi everyone
I'm newly TTC and have just starting tracking my cycles.
I roughly tracked this month (believe my period was April 8-11)
We TTC many days on and off after that.
My period is due May 7/8 I believe. I have taken several tests that come back as BFN.
When can I test for pregnancy? I used early detection tests but maybe it's still to early? I have had mild cramping on and off, very irritated and so sleepy. My breasts are a bit tender but not as bad as I hear some woman say.
I plan on tracking better next month, but am so anxious to know this month!! I wasn't expecting anything to happen right away, now these symptoms are getting my hopes up!!

Re: TTC

• Options
    asf0613asf0613 member
    edited April 2020
    Hi @kelch1010 and welcome! hard to say if you're testing too early if you don't know when you ovulated.  Assuming a perfect cycle with O day at CD14, you're likely only around 7/8DPO, so check the box on your tests to see what they recommend in terms of when is too early.

Take some time to read through the pinned threads at the top of this board for our board organization and rules, and introduce yourself in the 'newbies intro' thread too so we can get to know you!  You'll find a lot of us deciding when to test on the "TWW" threads  :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you !!
  • Options
    Hey! Definitely recommend checking out the threads @inthewoods23 linked above. I also recommend introducing yourself here: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12752732/newbies-intro-w-o-4-27#latest
    The book Taking Charge of Your Fertility is awesome if you're just starting out with TTC. I highly recommend learning how to take your basal body temperature or use OPKs (or both) to help track your cycles so you know when you ovulate and when you can expect your next period (or test if you're late).

TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes