September 2020 Moms
Options

Randoms 3/23

Post your random thoughts here!

Re: Randoms 3/23

• Options
    instagram decided to show me my post from 5 years ago today. A whole beautiful plate of sushi. So mean. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our new bassinet came in the post today and even though it won’t be needed for ages we are going to put it together later after DS goes to bed just to be sure it is all there. I’m super excited to see it. I’m not looking forward to eventually getting our room ready to have space for it lol
  • Options
    SO's drug test finally cleared with Amazon, so fingers crossed that he'll be able to start on Sunday! It'll be a double whammy because even if I stop working there's a chance I could get the virus if he does but on the other hand it means we'd be able to move within the next two months rather than later like I'd feared we'd need to. Then after moving, we can focus on putting together and decorating a nursery 😍
  • Options
    My anatomy scan was scheduled and earliest they had available was at 23 weeks which is in June!  :'( 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    @robyn2201 That is such a bummer that is is so late! I thought they wanted them to be prior to 22w. Mine is at 19+1 and I am kicking myself because they would have schedule it at 18+1, but I didn't have childcare at the time I scheduled. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had no say in my AS. I just got a paper in the mail saying "this is when your scan is"
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    My husband is a teacher and is home teaching remotely, so I figured he would be helping me with our 3 kiddos (2 of which have distance learning). Boy was I wrong. 

He has decided to use his time at home to repaint our house. W. T. F. 
  • Options
    @Louise_Belcher The appointment scheduler said it was within the time frame but on the later end. She was going to put me on a wait list for a cancelation. I think it’s so late due to everything going on with the Coronavirus. They are pushing everything out, appointments and testing. My NT scan is this Fri at the MFM dept and I’m going to ask their appointment scheduler if she can work any magic getting me an earlier appt, especially since it’s a twin pregnancy. If it’s the same lady as last year she is really nice and she has more pull than someone in the central scheduling office since it’s her dept. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    @starlynn91 men sure have their own idea of “helping” lol 
  • Options
    Sooo, we're looking at maybe buying a house before baby comes lol
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    @mflowers929 That is exciting!! Hopefully the market will be in your favor given everything going on. Are you currently renting? What things are you looking for in a home?
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • Options
    @Louise_Belcher Yes, we're renting, and soooo over it. We've had nothing but bad luck with neighbors and property managers. And yes, that was our thought too, that the market will be really slow right now.
    We're looking for a piece of land with a house on it, with decent acreage. My parents, uncle, and possibly a friend or two of theirs will have their motorhomes on it for at least some of the summers so we need room for them. We also really want to raise some animals (chickens, goats, and alpaca in particular. Maybe a horse) and have a large farm garden so we can grow our own food.
    We found two properties that I've forwarded to the real estate agent that my parents used when they sold their house up here - one is a 7 acre with a 3 bedroom house, and one is a 24 acre with a 2 bedroom house. The 2 bedroom would obviously have to be upgraded at some point, but for now would be fine.
    Both are only 15 minutes out of the city, which is exciting!
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    @mflowers929 That is super exciting! Should be a good time for it. Good luck!

• Options
    I'm just so excited about the thought of getting to produce my own food. I grew up in a small town where a lot of my friends had farms and I loved visiting the animals. DH grew up helping out on his grandparents farm so he's definitely got the know how.
    I've been watching egg hatching videos with DS and he's just so enthralled with watching the chicks coming out of the eggs and I'm so looking forward to actually getting to experience that with him.
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    I'm feeling some little cramp-like pains on my right side; is it still normal to feel those or should I be worried? I'm trying not to panic and be rational about it, but you know, FTM and everything
  • Options
    Dh is not allowed to come to my NT scan tomorrow.  :'(  It’s being done at the MFM office in the hospital. He took the news better than expected. 

• Options
    @raesky1111 Could it be round ligament pain? 

• Options
    With not being able to go anywhere we just ordered a trampoline for our older kids, 7 and 9. They are going to be so excited. I just wish I could jump in it right now.  :D

• Options
    @robyn2201 same here with MH. Do they allow videochat? My practice specifically said that since partners are not allowed, you were welcome to videochat them on your personal device.

@greyl don't be creeped out by this, but I had a dream about you. We were going maternity clothes shopping at Victoria's Secret. It was very nice. 
  • Options
    @jennifer_louise good to know! I will ask. 

• Options
    I'm not sure, I haven't read much about round ligament pains but I'll look into it now!
  • Options
    @jennifer_louise omg I love that hahaha I’m not creeped out that’s awesome 😂
  • Options
    We just bought a giant inflatable pool from Amazon to sit in next week. Our community pool is closed and it's so hot here (FL), that sitting in water is the only acceptable thing to do outside. 

@raesky1111 I still get weird random cramps from time to time too. 
    @mflowers929 That is so exciting! My H just made a joke about us buying now because it's a good time. We rent as well, but the last thing I want to do is move. 
    Me: 36, H: 37 | Married: 10/15/16 | DS#1: 7/18/04 | DS#2: 4/18/19
    BFP: 1/26/20 | EDD: 9/20/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Unfortunately real estate shopping is shut down here except for emergencies, but I've contacted a real estate agent that I know who has a specialty in rural properties and she's going to help us when things settle down. In the meantime we're going to see about getting our financials in order so that when we find something we can nab it.
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    @greyl I used to also dream about the ladies of TTGP too, so it was only a matter of time until I started dreaming about the September ladies too! (:
  • Options
    I want to buy a house eventually, but right now with my credit score (and my SO's) it's just not feasible. We wouldn't have high chances of getting approved for what we're looking for, but I've reconciled myself to waiting a few years. We don't want to stay in Oklahoma anyway, so that  gives us plenty of time to improve and save up for it.
  • Options
    @raesky1111 Where would you ultimately like to land?
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • Options
    Honestly I'm thinking of Colorado a lot, the fact that weed is legalized there is a nice plus, but mainly because it's colder there and my SO gets hot stupid easy and so I want him to be comfy even if it means I pack on an extra layer every day so I'm cozy. I've looked at the housing prices there in the last six months and they're not so bad!! Decent for multiple bedrooms and a backyard, which are my main requirements. 
  • Options
    @jennifer_louise that’s so funny! I can only imagine it will happen a lot more once we can actually see each other’s faces and all that if we join a private group! I have a lot of dreams too so I’m waiting for one about this group! 

@raesky1111 same. H and I were not so good with finances when we first got together and are trying really hard to live debt free now (somewhat?) like no credit cards and stuff. It’s HARD when I’ve been relying on them since I was 20. So it will be a good while until we can afford to buy.
  • Options
    @greyl Go you working toward being debt free!! We spent the last 3 years working really hard to eliminate debt and managed to get rid of everything but the mortgage and H’s student loans that will be forgiven. We still use credit cards though but don’t carry a balance. The rewards pay nearly cover Christmas! Reading about personal finance is one of my top pastimes. 

So is anyone watching the mess that is Tiger King? We are 3 episodes in and whoa. 😮
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • Options
    I promise, not all of Oklahoma is like that. Except for his reactions to a tornado (I guess they had that at some point?) That is entirely accurate lol, people here whip out the beer and lawn chairs sometimes if it's tornado weather.
    We're looking at maybe buying a pre-owned trailer home and plopping it on some land my SO's dad has reserved for him. I've found some okay looking ones for like 30k so maybe I could get approved for that much? I'm right around a 625 credit score so clearly I'm working on bettering myself lol
  • Options
    @Louise_Belcher We only got through one episode today because our daughter refused to nap.  We will keep watching but it is very strange. 
  • Options
    I watched the first episode tonight.
    The weird thing to me is that when I was in high school a lot of my classmates actually volunteered at Big Cat Rescue for their volunteer hours (it was a requirement of the program I was in)
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    @Louise_Belcher. We started it last night! 2 episodes in. I’m glad it’s highlighting some of the crazy animal cruelty that happens in some of these facilities- though I know that’s not the focus of the show 
  • Options
    @Louise_Belcher thank you!! My hope one day is to get credit cards with low limits and rewards that we pay off every month. We just were young and dumb and didn’t ever budget so we spent way more than we could actually afford and it’s biting us in the butts now. But I’m glad we are finally trying to be better with our finances especially with a baby coming. It’s hard tho! I’ve always been this kinda person “I see it I like it I want it I got it” hahaha doesn’t fly when you’re not making a ton of money 😂
  • Options
    @greyl hubby and I were actually in the same boat, and our credit still isn't great, but getting better. We wound up getting a small personal loan to get a vehicle (which died shortly after...) and pay for moving expenses and clear off some bills. And then last fall we wound up getting a car loan to get our van. Between those two my credit score has gone up 30 points in the last 5 months!
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    For those talking about finances, I’ve been following the budget mom on Instagram and she has great free stuff, printables and info! I’m working on my credit cards too! 
  • Options
    Great news! My parents just picked us up a double stroller. There was someone local to them who had a graco stroller for only $35. My bucket seat is a graco so it will work with it. And it was muuuuch cheaper than what we could get the same stroller here for.
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    @mflowers929 very cool!  We just got a second and Graco stroller yesterday, that came with a car seat and bassinet that can switch out, for $90. FTM so finding it hard saving money when there's so much to get.