November 2020 Moms

Announcement Planning?

Definitely not announcing until the end of April. I’m trying to come up with ideas and falling short. This was for our last sweet little baby (DH doesn’t like to share faces).  I like involving family but might do just the baby’s info.

Re: Announcement Planning?

• Loading the player...
  • kelk5kelk5 member
    @hoosiermamajayden You could do Skype for the birthday party. Maybe anyone who would send a present could send it ahead of time. Then you could have everyone sing Happy Birthday on skype, cut the cake, and have your 3 year old open presents for everyone to see. I think if your 3 year old is likely to be excited about the baby that it won't take away but if there is a chance they won't be excited then I'd do it separate.
  • kelk5kelk5 member
    We've already told my parents and brothers. We were together on vacation and everyone was guessing as I was only having a small glass of wine with everyone. Probably tell in-laws via Skype within the next week or so.  We usually wait until we are closer to 16 weeks before announcing on FB to everyone. With our second we did a picture of DD holding an ultrasound and a blue onsie. It was cute, probably do something similar with the two kiddos.
  • Not sure how we'll announce this time, but I will be waiting until May to tell family, and probably July for the rest of the world.
    When I was pregnant with DD2, DD1 announced it by wearing a big sister shirt.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mama-bucketsmama-buckets member
    edited March 2020
  • @kelk5 I think we're doing that this time. With the other 2 we found out during the U/S, but this is our last, so I want to do something different.

I'm also thinking of a "First, Middle, Last" photo for our announcement. 

• @kelk5 I really like that idea. My DH is disappointed about not being able to go to the appts right now due to COVID19, so that would be a great way to involve him.

We haven't told our families yet and were planning not to tell until after the first appt. At this rate, we will probably have to tell them virtually, because my in laws have been very clear about not wanting visitors (social distancing). DH and I have birthdays in April near Easter, so we're thinking about checking in with them around then. We haven't decided the details other than that, but I want to surprise them in some way. Maybe I'm being nitpicky, but my biggest pet peeve is that my MIL displays all "mementos" in her dining room cabinet, which I consider showy. For example, she has displayed our wedding invitation and a centerpiece from our wedding. I don't want our pregnancy announcement to be displayed. Sorry for the rant, but wondering if anyone has suggestions...
  • I want to wait for our first ultrasound 4/8  to tell our parents. My husband is an only child, and my brother & sister in law are expecting the last week of April. I can’t figure out how to announce to them!
  • We have told a couple of our closest friends so far, but that's all. We've had some scares so we want to wait until at least 10 weeks to tell family and 12 to tell the rest of our friends. I am thinking of sending my mom and sisters shirts that say "only the best moms/sisters get promoted to grandma/aunt" since I am the oldest and will be the first to have a baby :) MH's siblings already have kids though so not sure what we will do with them. Maybe a onesie or something? 
  • @boggabunnymama it would be hilarious to come out of quarantine with an obvious bump and no one know. No, I’m not pregnant I just gained quarantine weight. Gosh though I hope we get over all this soon!
  • @hoosiermama-2 and all the other mommas with Kids who won’t get their birthday party this year. Register them on amazon. Friends and Family and buy from amazon and don’t have to go to the store or mess with shipping. I kept up DD’s baby registry for her first birthday and told anyone who asked what to get her or what she already had. I’ve read that some people think birthday registries are pushy and asking for a gift. But it makes so much more since than buying a kid a gift that they don’t want. 
  • @antsangel1118 that. Is. AMAZING. 

Also many condolences to the difficult path. 
  • I found out today that DH told his mom like 2 weeks ago and never told me. Apparently his mom kept bugging him about coming over and/or taking the girls during lockdown, and it was his way of getting her to back off.
    At least now I know why she keeps telling me I shouldn't be going out.

• @magdaaaa very cute!!!!

We are waiting until 12 weeks to tell family, but now it is pretty obvious that we won't be able to do it in person so I am trying to figure out the best way to do it. I can't decide!! We also still haven't told my 2 SD's but their maternal grandma has primary custody and they are quarantining with her so we likely won't until this COVID craziness ends.
  • @themissdevine will you be telling them in person? The mugs sound cute!
  • @themissdevine did you say pumpkin pie? 🤤 now I need pie!