July 2020 Moms

Why I’m Crying

2»

Re: Why I’m Crying

• DH was asking me why I care so much about the cleanliness of the house when my parents come to visit as I was stressfully cleaning last night and I burst into tears 🤷🏼‍♀️
  •  @b_1029 omg I’ve been a nut about cleaning lately. When I get the energy, at least. Driving DH a little crazy because I can’t just sit without pointing out all the things that need to be cleaned up. No outburst of tears yet, though 😂
  • Loading the player...
  • Disney movies. We finally got Disney+ and it’s a black hole of making moms cry. Don’t even attempt Toy Story 3 - my DD was very confused as to why mom was crying 😂
  • DH and I just watched Troop Zero on Amazon and I'm bawling. The little girl just wanted to be accepted for who she was and missed her mom 😭😭😭
    married to DH on March 15, 2018 <3 TTC since May 2018
    dx: PCOS, hypothroidism <3 tx: timed intercourse with meds (dexa, clomid, letrozole, metformin, trigger shots)
    First TTGP: 5/9/19 BFN, 6/21/19 BFN, 7/29/19 BFN, 8/1/19 started a break from tx, 11/16/19 surprised with a BFP! LO born 7/7/20
    Second TTGP: started meds for first cycle of tx on 10/13/21

• I tried to bake DH some cookies last night and they didn’t rise up properly. After I cried, I laughed hysterically at how silly it was. 
  • I do not cry at movies. Ever. But the new Little Women caused not-remotely-quiet sobs. Could. Not. Stop. Crying. I think my girlfriends were legit worried. 😂 Such a good movie but now I know the “I never cry at movies” mantra does not apply to pregnancy. 
  • I cried really hard over a FB video my DH showed me thinking it was cute.... this Levi Ad were the dad gifted his blind son a personalized jacket.... poor DH didn't know how to make me stop crying....

hour later I saw a post of grown ups trying to have fun in kid's playards well, it made me laughed so hard that I cried... 
  • @knockupthestock How was that movie? I'm in a FB group for parents with kids in glasses (or kids who patch) b/c DD wears glasses and someone suggested it b/c there's a kid who patches in the.... but it kind of seemed like it wouldn't be a great message based on the title... makes it kind of seem like the kids in that troop are misfits and wouldn't be enviable. Was that the case? Asking b/c a friend's daughter has to patch so if that's not the case, it might be worth sharing with her. 
  • My daughter bit the ever loving shit out of me tonight while nursing and I just put her straight in her crib and walked away because it hurt so bad. She’s in there crying with her Dad saying “mama” while he tries to settle her down and I’m out on the couch crying. I don’t want this to be the end of our nursing journey but holy hell I do not want to get bit like that again. 
  • modoodlesmodoodles member
    edited January 2020
    Aww, @kc0711 I'm so sorry. I remember when my youngest went through a biting while nursing stage, not fun! 
  • @kc0711 My mom could not nurse but I evidently bit the daylights out of her breast at church one week.  The older ladies insisted she bite me back.  I am still hearing stories about my six-month biting phase.  Hope it gets better. 
  • kristinl492kristinl492 member
    edited January 2020
    @kc0711 oh, I feel your pain so much. Literally. DS will be 2 in March and I’m surprised we got this far in nursing because his latch was SO bad from about 12-18 months. Teeth marks, chapping, chafing. The occasional bite. I was close to calling it quits but somehow he corrected it. No way I would’ve made it if it was still like that while pregnant. 

I cried watching a new show with DH last night. It’s called The Outsider, based on a Stephen King novel. It’s a bit more intense/sad/gory than I would typically go for, but DH read the book and has been so excited to watch it. It is an interesting show, but a little more than my emotions can handle right now.
  • One of my BFFs had her rainbow baby yesterday. There were many tears as she told me about the birth and sent the first pics. That, I find fairly reasonable. 

Less so is that she just sent a SparkNotes version of the whole thing to a group text we're in and I'm weeping again on the train.
  • @blaf322 it was such a cute movie!! basically its a group of unpopular/misfit kids who band together to create a girl scout troop so that the main little girl can achieve her dream. there is a little nerdy girl who pees the bed, a bully girl that everyone is afraid of, a little boy who acts like a little girl (they never said if he is trans, so not sure), the girl with an eye patch who is super religious, etc. its a really sweet movie about accepting others for their differences and being yourself and helping people achieve their dreams. so ya, other characters make fun of the "misfit" girls at times in the movie, but the ending message is very wholesome and uplifting.
    married to DH on March 15, 2018 <3 TTC since May 2018
    dx: PCOS, hypothroidism <3 tx: timed intercourse with meds (dexa, clomid, letrozole, metformin, trigger shots)
    First TTGP: 5/9/19 BFN, 6/21/19 BFN, 7/29/19 BFN, 8/1/19 started a break from tx, 11/16/19 surprised with a BFP! LO born 7/7/20
    Second TTGP: started meds for first cycle of tx on 10/13/21

• Watching Daniel Tiger episode with DS where he becomes a big brother 😭 All. The. Emotions...over a kids PBS show lol
  • The Good Doctor two teen cancer patients date one another and the doctors throw them a fake prom when one gets sick again.
  • I asked DH to grab a ball of fresh mozzarella on his way home from work yesterday.  He brought sliced mozzarella from the deli.  I sobbed.  He’s like I didn’t know it meant so much to you! 

• @MrsTiger123 100% validated in any tears over incorrect food! I may have gotten upset over DH getting me a Boston cream filled donut instead of vanilla cream filling....
  • @stlbuckeye132 omg I just laughed out loud at that situation and your pain!! Glad it's funny now, definitely would not have been funny in the moment!
  • DH and I watched the first episode of that Babies series on Netflix on the weekend, and when they gave the little guy one of his first shots and he started crying, I bawled for probably 15 straight minutes and couldn't stop.
  • @lizzybean84 I was holding back tears during that too :D I was like, oh man... hormones are gettin' me!
  • @blaf322 Phew, I felt like such an idiot and my husband was majorly confused. Thank you for being on the Sob Caboose with me! Seeing that little dude cry from pain just broke my heart in half.
  • @lizzybean84 It brought me back! lol... Watching the babies cry when their mamas stopped interacting with them got me too. I think that was after the whole shot part so I was already primed and ready for tears :D 
  • @JessDG my H gets like that sometimes... where he'll dig his heels in, and it ruins the time! I hate it! I'm the pushover parent and also wish my child wasn't such an asshole sometimes.... so I'm sure there's a give and take to it. All this to say, I feel you on those tears lol
  • @blaf322
    I'm glad someone else can relate (and wish no one else could at the same time haha).  He just can't seem to let ANYTHING go and hasn't seemed to figure out how to reach our kid at this point. He doesn't want my advice and i'm SO tired of having to be the calm person 24/7 at my house.  
  • Anybody else watch Kobe's memorial or clips? I cried yesterday on the train home from work watching MJ's tribute to Kobe. So sad that he is gone so soon.
  • @JessDG I am glad to know I am not the only one crying over food... guess crying hormones are not my best friend right now :lol:

• Hormonal beyond belief today. everything is making me cry. first starting with minor reoccurring health issues, the on call nurse wanted me to come in for yet another appt(for them to tell me the same thing they have each time I go in) So i got snippy with her and asked her to just talk to my actual doc then see what she says. tears

Finish my horrible workout, wanted a minute to just sit and drink protein things. Dogs are rough housing and break one of my favorite wine glasses. tears.
    time to go back to bed? lol
  • Twice in the last week I’ve had this wacky laugh-cry episode. Something dumb cracks me up and I start laughing and I physically cannot stop. I start laugh-sobbing. Both times DH has paused and asked, “wait, are you laughing or crying?” And both times I respond, “I don’t know!” It’s so ridiculous. I get this crazy squeal-laugh-sob thing going and it cracks him up but it’s also very, very weird. He ended up just holding me and telling me to breathe while I laugh/cried last night. 

I am this emoji. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • Omg @rachelredhead I've done that a few times too! H is like "what do you mean you don't know?" And I'm like "I don't know that either!" Cue more hysterics lol
  • @rachelredhead I've had that too! I questioned if someone spiked my drink. What the heck is that about!!
  • @mehugg @mrs_sheddy good to know I’m not alone in the hysteria! I guess if I had to choose I’d prefer laughter tears as opposed to sad tears but it’s still a wacky feeling. 
  • meanjellybeanmeanjellybean member
    edited March 2020
    Reviving this thread because this afternoon  I took some time to sort through DD’s clothes that she’s outgrown. I needed to see what to keep for this baby (team blue), and what to put aside for two friends, one who is having a girl any minute and one who has a girl about a year old. The rest I plan to donate. I was not prepared for the emotions associated with those clothes! I was excited to purge some stuff but man it was tough. I’m glad we were team green so I can hold on to a good amount of 0-3 month clothes, but I’m so sad about letting go of the rest. I really didn’t have a sex/gender preference either way for this baby but looking at all the grays and browns in the clothes left over made me really sad for some reason. Silly I know, but hope others understand.
  • My husband and I were making our avatars on a video game and I asked him what shade he thought my eyes were. He said, "Your eyes are brown, aren't they?"

They're grey. 

We've been together 6 years. 

Now I'm sad.