July 2020 Moms
Options

Why I’m Crying

The only good thing about irrational, uncontrollable crying during pregnancy is that we can all laugh about it together later. What’s made you cry lately?

Re: Why I’m Crying

• Options
    I completely lost it a couple days ago watching The Circle, a really ridiculous reality show where people communicate only through social media. They got videos from home after one challenge, none of which were particularly moving, but it made me cry... a lot. 🤷‍♀️
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't have a great story from any of my cries yet but chiming in to say I love this thread lol.
  • Options
    @coffeeandcookies84 i think we need to see this GIF hahaha
    married to DH on March 15, 2018 <3 TTC since May 2018
    dx: PCOS, hypothroidism <3 tx: timed intercourse with meds (dexa, clomid, letrozole, metformin, trigger shots)
    First TTGP: 5/9/19 BFN, 6/21/19 BFN, 7/29/19 BFN, 8/1/19 started a break from tx, 11/16/19 surprised with a BFP! LO born 7/7/20
    Second TTGP: started meds for first cycle of tx on 10/13/21

• Options
    @NinnyJean I have cried about food recently too. I ordered a pizza with green olives, it took 45 minutes,  and came with green peppers instead of green olives. I was so upset. 
  • Options
    Strong agree on food-based emotions. Not sure I've cried over food (yet), but I've definitely had strong emotions about food and fully anticipate crying about it at some point here
  • Options
    The other day someone posted this video that’s gone around before. It’s the I am Mom song sung to This is Me. The first time I watched it like a couple months ago I just laughed but this time I sobbed. Afterwards I was like why am I crying at this? Also, pretty much anything remotely sad on TV sets me off. 

• Options
    I've had both food and movie related cries in the last week.  One night we ordered take out from a pizza place we usually don't order from because I have Celiac and they don't have gf pizza. But I was craving a salad so it was ok. I ordered a chicken ceaser without croutons.  It took forever for the food to come and they put croutons on my salad. I called and they said they'd send out a new one.  It took an hour!! So I sat there hangry and pregnant with tears in my eyes as I watched my family eat pizza 😭

Movie related, I sobbed through "Life Itself" the other night. I'd never heard of it and was really not expecting it to be like  that... I loved the movie though. 
  • Options
    Saw a touching mother/daughter moment on TV where the daughter was giving birth and started bawling, at least this tracks well lol.
  • Options
    Got a new season of Grey's Anatomy on DVD. Husband makes joke that he's taking it to work with him so I don't watch without him. Cue all the angry tears. 
  • Options
    I just walked by a classroom that was playing meditative music inside and it brought tears to my eyes. wth?
  • Options
    @modoodles What season of Grey's? 
  • Options
    @bluguitarhannah it's so old haha. I had 1-4 and then stopped buying them, but watched religiously. DH and I watched the first 4 seasons I already had a while back and he must have gotten into it, because he had seasons 5 & 6 delivered yesterday. 
  • Options
    mayischmayisch member
    edited January 2020
    @stlbuckeye132 I bet he silently cried too :lol:
  • Options
    I have to wake up DS at 6:30 to get ready to leave for daycare.  I can drop him at 6:45 and I have to be at work at 7:15.  Lately he has been such a monster when I wake him up, no matter what time I put him to bed or how well he sleeps.  Something about having to spend my precious few moments with my son in the morning wrestling his clothes onto him makes me so sad.  I cry all the way from daycare to work most mornings.  
  • Options
    @JessDG girl, I feel you so hard on this. DD's been in a good mood recently, but we went through a stint JUST like that recently. I was late for work one day b/c I just had to cry in the parking lot of daycare b/c it was so bad. Toddlers are assholes sometimes. It's like, STOP BEING A JERK AND LET ME LOVE YOU!! :D Anyway, I'm so sorry you're dealing with it. I know how hard it is and hope it's short lived <3

Also, I'm SUPER impressed that you're able to get him up, ready, and out the door that fast. I get DD up around 7:30 and typically make it out the door around 8-8:15am. I'm midway through getting myself ready by the time I wake her, but she's not just sitting, waiting for me. I get ready while she eats breakfast and such so it would take about that long, regardless. 
  • Options
    @JessDG also, because I'm a fixer by nature (ignore if this isn't helpful for you)... do you think if you woke him up a little earlier and let him have a little more time to settle while you finish getting would be helpful? At some point, I had to move from getting ready first to letting her eat while I finish my hair because she just needed a little longer in the AM. Maybe feeling less rushed would help everyone.
  • Options
    I’m watching Cheer on Netflix and WHY ARE THEIR STORIES SO SAD. Also I miss cheering (I did up to college) and so yeah. Hopefully this ends up happy so I can stop feeling sad for them
  • Options
    @blaf322
    I'm glad to know that the mornings improved for you.  I'm hoping that same will happen for us soon.  I bring his breakfast to daycare and he eats it there first thing, so that's one less thing I have to have him do before we leave the house.  I guess my thought on waking him up as late at possible is to let him get as much sleep as possible. Maybe I'll try to get him up a little earlier and see what happens. When I do get him up, he typically tries to climb back into his crib.  haha. 

This is my fault, I'm NOT a morning person either.  He's just like me!  
  • Options
    @JessDG I could have written your post myself these days. DD (2 in March) has been going through a majorly grumpy “don’t rush me” phase in the mornings. I’m not a morning person either but she’s usually happiest in the mornings so it sucks now. @blaf322 I’m also happy to hear it was just a phase for your DD, I’m hoping it’s the same over here!
  • Options
    @footdrbritt I was just coming to say the same thing! It’s 2:30 in the morning and I’m sitting on my couch sobbing watching cheer
  • Options
    @JessDG I'm dealing with a grumpy-ass toddler in the morning too lately! It's awful. I was talking to my mom about it yesterday, and she suggested turning on the lamp in her room a little earlier than I need her to be up so she can sort of ease into waking up on her own. I tried it this morning - turned the lamp on 10 mins before she needed to get up and told her she could stay in bed for 10 more mins. She responded with the usual "NO NO NO!" and then I came back in to give a 5 min warning and she was a bit more pleasant and asked for a book. So then she looked at her book for 5 mins until I came in to get her up, and it was a much smoother morning than it has been. (Not perfect, but not not screaming the entire time either which was progress.) I'm not sure if that's something you could do, but I'm going to keep trying it since it seemed to help.
  • Options
    @stlbuckeye132
    OOH, that is actually a really good idea.  I'm going to try that tomorrow.  Thank you for the suggestion!
  • Options
    @JessDG you're welcome! I sent my mom a text this morning saying, "Thanks for teaching me how to mom." haha seems like something I should've thought of since we use the whole giving a 5 min warning thing for basically everything else. I hope it helps you out too!
  • Options
    I take my friend's 8 and 4 year old to school in the morning and when the TV turned off so we could go to school the 4 year old threw a mini-tantrum...and the remote which hit the 8 year old in the head and made tears spring to his eyes. I made 4 year old stand against wall while I tended to the 8 year old who immediately got up and started hugging his brother who I had been stern with saying "No I love him" and I was teary because it was both SO annoying in regards to trying to teach a lesson and also so sweet.
  • Options
    lizzybean84lizzybean84 member
    edited January 2020
    I cried this morning because I missed a hotel we stayed at. 
    For two nights.
    A year ago.
  • Options
    Watching ER reruns when TW Carter's baby died and then Abby graduated.  When not pregnant I almost never cry.