July 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 3/16/20

13»

Re: Weekly Randoms 3/16/20

• Options
    @b_1029 I find myself doing it in the car lol, like when turning or whatever. Totally pointless. Just wait until you're like 8.5 months pregnant and try to clench your abs  :p you'll be like what..is..happening
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @hbird0723 OMG! Tell me you have leather seats. I think I might have just melted into a pile of anger and tears at that point :D 
  • Options
    @hbird0723 we were supposed to have our interior painted next month, but now I'm afraid to spend the extra to hire the painter and buy the paint when there is so much uncertainty right now. My husband and I also picked out paint colors for the baby's dresser and room, but I don't want to go to pick it up 🙈
  • Options
    @blaf322 yes, thank God! It took a while but it all came out! He felt so bad and kept saying it’s only my second day lol I cried after realizing all that and it was the wrong color! 

@m@modoodles I feel like we’ve painted almost every room in our house and I’m just so done lol it might stay this way for years 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

• Options
    @hbird0723 oh no!! I cringed so hard reading about it spilling in your car. That is a a legit concern everytime we buy paint!

@modoodles agreed, we’ve also temporarily halted our new front door/storm door installation. Between the cost of goods/installation/new coat of paint + having to go to the store to pick it out, it all seems a bit much with current events right now. 
  • Options
    @hbird0723 We also bought paint today at Lowes (had to go because my tenants fridge broke and I needed to get a new one set up for delivery), sounds like quite a few of us have the same idea!
  • Options
    @hbird0723 I would have died and then been uber pissed.  
  • Options
    @b_1029 I do that a bit, but I also find myself clenching my glutes! I feel so much more pressure in my vaginal/cervical area when I consciously release it, so it must be my way of trying to support the extra weight, but I'm sure it's not the best way for my body to do it. I'm trying to do squats while I floss and brush my teeth to build up some more of the muscles.

These is one of my favorite resources on pregnancy posture and movement and she has a ton of great info on the pelvic floor (in general AND pregnancy specific.)

https://www.nutritiousmovement.com/pregnancy-and-pain/

2/13 Blighted ovum, D&C -- 6/13 MC -- 8/14 DD born -- 3/17 MC -- 9/18 DD2 born
    Expecting again -- EDD 7/27/20
  • Options
  • Options
    @modoodles Screen time makes everything easier 😂
  • Options
    blaf322blaf322 member
    edited March 2020
    @b_1029 if you have Verizon unlimited then you get Disney+ for free. Otherwise, get it through Hulu. It's much cheaper that way!
  • Options
    Does anyone have any recommendations for online birth classes? My hospital has canceled all classes for the foreseeable future. I was planning on taking a Lamaze course, breastfeeding, infant CPR, and a “dogs and babies” class that helps you learn how to introduce the two. Clearly I was planning on taking a lot 😂 all but the Lamaze were free. 
  • Options
    blaf322blaf322 member
    edited March 2020
    @b_1029 I saw something on FB about www.tinyhood.com having free BFing classes b/c of COVID-19. They have other classes too (I know CPR is on there). I've never taken any of them, but I think it's worth checking out! Especially since it's FREE!

I have lots of experience with introducing dog and baby (we talked about my problem child of a dog lol). Happy to answer any questions and provide some recs to keep everyone safe.
  • Options
    @b_1029 There are online Lamaze classes (from the Lamaze organization). Depending on how much time you have and want to spend on watching classes, I'd just start looking stuff up and watching what you find! YouTube has a bunch of stuff, especially if you're looking for a certain method. Or if you've read any books that you liked, see if the author has any videos.
    2/13 Blighted ovum, D&C -- 6/13 MC -- 8/14 DD born -- 3/17 MC -- 9/18 DD2 born
    Expecting again -- EDD 7/27/20
  • Options
    @treeofcheem @b_1029 definitely agree about YouTube, there’s so much educational content out there!
    I also follow @mommylabornurse on Instagram, she offers a lot of great, informative posts and has an online birth class you can purchase for a reasonable price and watch at your own speed. 
  • Options
    sorry ive been mia, guys. ive been staying home and social distancing, which means im on my computer less (and the bump app is lame and my phone sucks so i cant really use that). 

and we just had a big earthquake this morning with aftershocks all day. so ya, life is a little nuts right now.

anyway, ill catch up soon! you guys rock.
    married to DH on March 15, 2018 <3 TTC since May 2018
    dx: PCOS, hypothroidism <3 tx: timed intercourse with meds (dexa, clomid, letrozole, metformin, trigger shots)
    First TTGP: 5/9/19 BFN, 6/21/19 BFN, 7/29/19 BFN, 8/1/19 started a break from tx, 11/16/19 surprised with a BFP! LO born 7/7/20
    Second TTGP: started meds for first cycle of tx on 10/13/21

• Options
    @knockupthestock ahh you must be in SLC area? I have some family out there, and yeah that earthquake sounded crazy! I totally understand not being on here as much. I'm the same - working from home and have my 2 year old at home with me, sooo not much free time right now!
  • Options
    @b_1029 and anyone else looking for online bf resources now or after baby is here, balancedbreastfeeding.com is run by the best IBCLC in my area who used to work out of the birth center but recently set up her own shop with a bunch of online tools and groups. Her sessions and groups are more geared towards local moms, but her blog posts are REALLY helpful, down to earth, and realistic. I'd recommend browsing around on her site if you have a chance!
  • Options
    Oh yeah! BFing resource: Kellymom.com is a SUPER great resource too!