Options

Weekly Randoms 3/2/20

1235»

Re: Weekly Randoms 3/2/20

• Options
    b_1029b_1029 member
    edited March 2020
    @nursejenn5 yay that’s so exciting!

i don’t feel like I’ve slept for over a week. I pray this kid doesn’t get my crappy sleep habits 😬 if she does, I guess we’ll both be awake together haha
  • Options
    @busymom247 I potty trained both of my kids with the no pants method- if nothing else it saves on laundry! Both were pee trained in less than a week.  #2 took longer but I wasn’t worried bc they are both home poopers.

I agree it’s 100% easier when you wait for them to let you know they are ready.  My younger one took off a diaper one day and said he was done, and that was it. I wasn’t ready but he was. You’ve got this  👏🏻 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Does anyone else stink?? I have been using natural deodorant for years, the last year or so with native deodorant. Over the past two months, it has stopped working and I smell horrible! I went to the store and got some degree today because dear lord I could not go in public like that anymore. Anyone  else?? I know hormones do crazy things, but this is ridiculous  :D
  • Options
    @kc0711 girrrrlll me too! I always use just deodorant (not deodorant/antiperspirant) and it's not cutting it some days. I don't like using antiperspirant because of the cancer risks but I might have to break down and use it so I don't scare people away. I read that it's normal to have increased sweat and to be more smelly when pregnant 🤷
    married to DH on March 15, 2018 <3 TTC since May 2018
    dx: PCOS, hypothroidism <3 tx: timed intercourse with meds (dexa, clomid, letrozole, metformin, trigger shots)
    First TTGP: 5/9/19 BFN, 6/21/19 BFN, 7/29/19 BFN, 8/1/19 started a break from tx, 11/16/19 surprised with a BFP! LO born 7/7/20
    Second TTGP: started meds for first cycle of tx on 10/13/21

• Options
    @kc0711 Yes! It’s not every day thankfully, but I’m dealing with it too. I also usually use Native, but have some Secret that I use once in a while lately. And I feel like I need a different soap or something too, because it doesn’t wash away easily. 😫 I’ve noticed that when not pregnant, some cycles I get a smelly few days too - definitely hormones, boo to that side effect.
    2/13 Blighted ovum, D&C -- 6/13 MC -- 8/14 DD born -- 3/17 MC -- 9/18 DD2 born
    Expecting again -- EDD 7/27/20
  • Options
    busymom247busymom247 member
    edited March 2020
    RE: Stinky

When I hit puberty/got my period at age 13(almost 14) my sweat increased dramatically. My whole life my clothes have revolved around it. Essentially hyperhidrosis. I swear A LOT tn armpits even not hot (I run cold). Gray tshirts/business blue button ups out. Silky out etc. Just huge pit stains. Many embarrassing moments. I always tried to have cardigan or something. 

Once I got pregnant first time and had baby sweating reduced dramatically. I still am cautious on certain fabrics but it is not like it was. Though this pregnancy its increased a touch....more my right armpit. But it's usually if I'm wearing coat.

Apparently my college roommate/bff also suffers from this and thought everyone did!
  • Options
    Pretty sure my toddler broke my toe by throwing my heeled boot at my bare foot today 😩 so now I’m limping because of the sciatic pain AND toe pain 😂😂
  • Options
    @kc0711 I never wear deodorant and don’t really have BO (unless I’m totally fooling myself, which is always possible), and my general body has stayed the same... but I’ll just say I now take mandatory showers every day because my underwear area has become very powerful smelling. This has happened every pregnancy and it’s always horrifying to me, but not much I can do about it as far as I know, other than shower a lot. Sorry for the way TMI, but always kind of hoping I’m not the only one. 🙈
  • Options
    @meanjellybean oh no! How’s you toe doing today?
  • Options
    @meanjellybean from the friendly neighborhood podiatrist here—BUDDY TAPE THAT TOE! It will at least help with some of the pain. Solidarity, because broken toes suck and minus it being totally out of place, nothing can be done (I hate saying that too, I wish I had better advice) 

• Options
    @Pascal86 you are not alone 🙈 I’m terrified for summer if I already feel like I smell horrible. 
  • Options
    @busymom247 I had hyperhidrosis as a preteen/teen and did treatment for it up until college. I wore a sweatshirt every single day of freshman year because of sweating, I totally get it! This has been strange because I really am not sweating all that much (I don’t have many sweat glands left after the treatment) but what I do produce just smells terrible! Thankfully the degree deodorant did better yesterday, I just hate using the chemical deodorant. But if I need to do it for a bit so I don’t offend people with my smell, it is going to have to happen!
  • Options
    Re: hyperhydrosis—Botox is a medically accepted treatment for armpits and feet! I do it a few times a year for feet and our amazing dermatologist does it for armpits all the time! 
  • Options
    @Pascal86 unfortunately you are not alone lol I just keep hoping that I’m the only one who notices 🤦🏻‍♀️

@footdrbritt it’s painful today but I’ve been icing it. It’s not super discolored so I’m hoping it’s not broken. Also I’m assuming it would continue to hurt a lot if it is broken? 
  • Options
    @meanjellybean yup and toes are really resilient. Ice it and if you end up taping it, there’s a really awesome toe splint tape (it’s Velcro) you can buy so you aren’t getting adhesive all between your toes.  
  • Options
    @footdrbritt 😂😂😂 amazing idea! 
  • Options
    :D@footdrbritt I am your DH lol... DD's name was going to be Savannah. Always going to be Savannah... .then we got the BFP after IVF and after a few months, I changed my mind lol. Same happened with this baby :# I stand by your actions though! If I came home and DH had DD calling this baby Grayson (instead of Hudson that I've changed my mind over to) I wouldn't be mad b/c it would just save us the discussion and I like Grayson :D 
  • Options
    Are we skipping UO Thursday today?

Can anyone post it?