July 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms w/o 3/9/20

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 3/9/20

• Options
    @blaf322 @Pascal86 agreed. Separate thread is a good idea. It’s a topic that’s bound to keep coming up.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Come to the conclusion that the main reason I'm worried about having a boy (don't get me wrong my love and excitement for this little human growing inside my has dramatically increased since my AS yesterday), is that I don't want him to be as wild and crazy as my nephew. Who doesn't like the work no, finds it okay to hit his mom (even when she was pregnant), and throws a dice at me as hard as he can as I'm holding his sleeping newborn brother, after me telling him to hand it to me gently. 
    I know some things are just boys being boys, but this is what worries me. I don't know boys  :D I grew up with all girls basically. 
  • Options
    On top of the lovely COVID-19 crap, our building just had a patient be diagnosed with RSV and there is a nasty pneumonia going around. Of our 4 units, one is on lock down, and you have to wear a mask to go in the door. In the past, they have gone so far that if you have to work on that unit, you have to stay on that unit and cannot go to another unit. I have a feeling that is coming in the next week or so. For some reason, I am more scared of getting RSV than COVID-19, and bringing it home to DD. I talked with my boss today about not scheduling me with any patients on the unit with RSV, and thankfully a coworker has agreed to switch with me if a patient does end up on my schedule who I shouldn’t be seeing. Funny enough my boss is my BIL, kind of want to say oh hey dude don’t you want to keep your niece and unborn nephew safe??
  • Options
    Mortgage rates are at 40 year low so I looked into refinancing. Our credit union has a simple mortgage modification gor existing mortgages that is $600 instead of closing costs. No appraisal (Another  place was $3600 + appraisal) and I'm sure it wouldn't appraise at what we need it to since we just bought it 10 months ago.

Plus we get money every December from them for just being members (Extraordinary Dividend). It is pretty close amount to a mortgage payment and can't beat that every year, just for having mortgage through them. 

We were debating going to 15 year fixed rate of 2.75% but DH wasn't on board since our payment would increase $400 a month. We just replaced my 13 year old Jeep and he will eventually will need a new vehicle. Baby etc etc

RANT: Looking through our budget  and credit card accounts and hubby is using his credit card instead of debit card for gas, groceries etc to get points 😤 And not paying it off. So needless to say we need to get that all under control and paid off.

Hope we can even get the refinance rate to be honest 🙄
  • Options
    @nursejenn5 I have girls and they’re not always all that well behaved either lol for the most part they are but man the drama... some days there’s so much whining I want to pull my hair out. Maybe you won’t have to deal with that 😊 I don’t blame you for being worried though because DH and I were worried about the same if this one was a boy but I do hear they’re a lot easier during the teen years plus I have some friends with pretty well behaved boys. 

Side note: this baby is a night owl. Oh my she’s doing some crazy things right now and has been for the past couple hours. I really hope this isn’t an indication of our future 🙏

• Options
    @hbird0723 it’s more common for babies to be more active at night! 
    My mom always says it’s because when we’re moving around during the day it’s kind of rocking them to sleep (and we’re busier so we notice it less) 
    I’m not sure that’s true but it sounds like a good explanation 😂
  • Options
    edited March 2020
  • Options
    edited March 2020
  • Options
    @Erikahenderson1 honestly, yeah... I think it’s a really bad idea to have your 6yo in the room while you give birth. IMO, you should be looking for alternative care (using something like care.com) and asking other friends. If your BFF can be there in a couple of hours, how qualified does the person really need to be? You need to trust them, but they’re just a stopgap until your other friend can get there. 
  • Options
    @Erikahenderson1 I'll be the odd one out and say it would probably be fine to have your 6 yo in the room with you. My daughter wanted to be there, all my kids have seen birthing videos, and the only reason I don't want them there is because I want that time alone with my husband. But if you are really concerned, could you reach out to parents of your daughter's classmates and get recommendations for babysitters? That way you could line up someone to be available/on call for that specific situation?
  • Options
    I posted about this in the COVID thread, but I'll say it here too.... The water in the county I work in (and DD's daycare is in) tested positive for e.coli so we're not supposed to drink it or wash our hands with it :neutral: I drank about 100oz yesterday.

That said, I *think* we're probably fine. A friend of a friend works for the water company and said one faucet tested positive so they have to alert the entire county. It's likely that something just crawled up into that faucet and died and that the rest of the county's water is actually fine. Obviously, I'm not taking any chances with drinking the water... but it's nice to know I probably won't be violently ill on the plane ride home tomorrow :D 
  • Options
    Oh damn @blaf322 that sucks about the water! Now I understand how important it would be to have some bottled on hand! Side note- where in Wisconsin is your conference? I wonder if I've got friends who will be there!
  • Options
    @modoodles it's in Eau Claire. It's suuuuper unlikely that you'll have friends there... unless they work in a sterile processing department at a hospital close by. These regional shows are pretty small (50 people max, most of the time). It's the WI IAHCSMM chapter, if anyone says they're attending educational sessions on Friday and/or Saturday :smile:

• Options
    edited March 2020
  • Options
    @lizzybean84 I'm so happy for you! That's a wonderful thing :)
    @Erikahenderson1 I've seen plenty of people have their kids in the room with them. I don't think it will be traumatic for her. I'm sure if you reach out to her teachers they could give some recommendations on a sitter or at least send a message out to other parents asking for recommendations. 
    @blaf322 crazy, I live about 20 mins from Eau Claire!

• Options
    @blaf322 we have friends in Eau Claire, but they don't work in your field. I actually have a daycare parent who is a nutritionist and teaching classes over the weekend in La Crosse, but she told me this morning that two other classes she had scheduled for the April are being canceled. 
  • Options
    @footdrbritt share all the happy. We need more amid that these days. 
    Share the happy today people! (I’ll come back later with something happy, my moods been very blah lately😂)
  • Options
    @footdrbritt <3 I love that. How sweet of them!
  • Options
    @Erikahenderson1 even if you’re ok with your child being there for birth, you’ll need to check the hospital policy.  I know we don’t allow it where I work.   Also, you have to plan for the unexpected.  Say you do have an emergency c-section, that’s not only scary but you will be in the OR then recovery for 1-2 hours.   What then? We keep kids at the desk sometimes when things happen too fast but you can’t count on the staff being available.  Good luck finding a good back up plan.  

• Options
    @footdrbritt that’s so sweet. It’s really great when humans surprise you show their kind and thoughtful side.
  • Options
    @blaf322 I feel like hotel showers either have the weakest or the strongest water pressure. There is no in between. At least you got a nice exfoliation 😂
  • Options
  • Options
    @blaf322 lol that sucks so bad. Such a gamble on whether the hotel shower will be relaxing or not. You probably could have used a relaxing shower and not to have your nips blown off 😂 I know exactly what you’re describing too lol
  • Options
    @nursejenn5 mmm now I want subway!

@blaf322 nipple assault 😂😂

well with all this virus stuff interest rates are going crazy and now if we move we won’t really be saving much money and being that we weren’t in love with the house I was feeling super emotional and sick to my stomach about it. We were told we were in the contingency stage and could still back out so we decided to pull the plug. I feel so many emotions. Sad that it didn’t go like I was hoping and relieved but feeling bad and guilty about the time the realtor put in and bad for the people trying to sell (even tough it’s only been a day) and sad to have to tell our friends we wouldn’t be their neighbors. I feel like I just shouldn’t be allowed to make any big decisions while pregnant. I’m just too emotional apparently and now I have to unpack our stuff into our home although I’m thinking I might not since it’s been so nice and easy to clean. I guess at least our house is nice and clean and I’ve donated and thrown out lots of unwanted stuff. 

Anyway, I’m ready to just go back to normal and move forward and not be consumed by it. The back and forth was the worst! 

• Options
    @bluguitarhanna . I was mia for a few days and I missed the news about your FIL.  so sorry to hear that.  Also, solidarity with the allergies...mine are so bad.  I need my meds!!
  • Options
    @bluguitarhannah FX your results look good! What flavor did you go with?
    I didn’t think the test was a huge deal either. But, it did make me nauseous afterwards.... I think that was just bc I basically had syrup sitting on my stomach with no other food though. 

@hbird0723 I’m sorry this is all so stressful... but it sounds like you did the right thing for your family. The bad feelings about everything will fade soon and you’ll be glad for the choice you made.
  • Options
    @hbird0723 that sucks that you guys had to decide to pull out. This whole process is so stressful and hard to know whether you're ever making the right decision! Hang in there.

@bluguitarhannah that's nice that your mom was able to come and support through such a tough time for you and your wife. This whole "our parents are getting older" business is kind of the worst. Sending positive thoughts your way. And solidarity on the allergies front.
  • Options
    I was in focus groups all day yesterday for work so got super behind on everything, but I'm trying to catch up now!

@Erikahenderson1 I'm curious why you deleted several of your posts on here?
  • Options
    pocketrosepocketrose member
    edited March 2020
    Watching 100 Humans on Netflix so you all don't have to (because it's not great). H and I just started watching Hunters on Amazon which is good/pretty intense.
  • Options
    Can't focus at work right now. Operations are sort of paused pending a memo from leadership regarding covid response, hanging at home with pup, cat, and H. I'm making insta stories about my cat being an annoying coworker who won't leave me alone lol 

What's everyone got planned for the weekend?