July 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms w/o 3/9/20

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 3/9/20

• Options
    @footdrbritt and @blaf322 same page with smoking- nasty. I have also never smoked.. DH has never smoked but I found out a few weeks after I started dating him that he used chewing tobacco and I told him I thought that was nasty AF and that I was not going to kiss him anymore until I saw him brush his teeth every time 😂 he quit a few weeks later and now it's been years without. I used to be a dental assistant and good grief, the damage that shit causes is so dumb to put yourself through. 
  • Options
    @pocketrose @b_1029 sorry you're both feeling so lousy! Being sick and pregnant is a truly awful combination. I say take whatever meds get you some relief (within reason of course).

@mehugg I was in the same boat as @blaf322 with one MOTN wakeup by the time I went back to work after mat leave, and like she said, that feels fabulous compared to the constant wakeups of a brand new baby.

@footdrbritt agreed about the smell of smoke. I find it repulsive while not pregnant, but I'm extra sensitive to it now. There's one PB client who smokes and I could smell it as soon as she walked into the studio last night. So gross.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @blaf322 yay! That's great news!
  • Options
    @b_1029 0 stars to that pharmacist, here in solidarity sniffles with ya.
  • Options
    +1 for no smoking. Last time I was at the OB tow of the pregnant ladies i followed to the parking garage lit up right when we got out there. It shouldn’t surprised me. But maybe being pregnant myself it really did surprise me.  The smell is horrendous, when I have a patient with a family member that reeks of smoke I have to put something with a smell good oil in my pocket lol. 
  • Options
    Did y'all notice, it no longer alerts you to a new comment on a thread when the comment is yours?
  • Options
    @blaf322 looks good to me but I also go overboard for holiday food 
  • Options
    @blaf322 umm can I come? :lol: I always go overboard, so I'd probably add another side (likely rolls b/c I love carbs). But I also think a perk of hosting is having leftovers for days, so I purposely make more than I need. 
  • Options
    @stlbuckeye132 the missing carb was what was killing me and made me ask :D I'm hoping someone else will bring either rolls or mashed potatoes.... MIL is good for probably bringing one of those. She overdoes it as a guest lol
  • Options
    @blaf322 I agree with @stlbuckeye132 throw some rolls in there! Yum, I love a good buttered roll. That menu looks great though. I saw dirt cake cups and now that's all I can think about. Double yum.
  • Options
    @meanjellybean agreed, I'll be dreaming of dirt cake cups all day now.
  • Options
    @blaf322 kudos to you for being so prepared lol. I don't even know what our plans for Easter are yet. But that menu looks perfect! 

My husband smokes when he's drinking. I tell him all the time how much he stinks.. doesn't seem to phase him, go figure. I hate it when my students smell like smoke. They're kids! Some classrooms when you walk past the cloak room it reeeeeks. I feel bad for the kids. 

@b_1029 Good luck with the presentation. You're a trooper. ( and whatever to that pharmacist). 

@mehugg coming back to work after mat leave was like a vacation for me lol. DD was also only up once a night by then. I hope you get some rest soon! 
  • Options
    busymom247busymom247 member
    edited March 2020
    @footdrbritt

yet another new to smoking esp when pregnant. My mom smoked with all 5 of us kids (including twins..70s with first 4 and I was born '81). She said back then they had ashtrays in dr office. Still, had to know it was bad. She smoked despite her lung issues, on oxygen (turned off and waited). I had lots of allergies and weird lung issues. My sister smoked through both her pregnancies and her son wasn't breathing when born (code pink).  I can't stand smoke. 

@blaf322 that all sounds yummy!! And just right amount esp if your mil bring some things.

With my first, I was due 10 days before Easter and went overdue. My tentaive induction would've been Easter...but I requested to go to 11 days because I wanted Eaater dinner😅...it was okayed. I ended up delivering on Holy Thursday and home day before Easter and hubby made all the food for us. 😋

And now I want Jello fluff!!
  • Options
    @blaf322 “wimpy nipples” cracked me up 😂. Also, that Easter meal sounds delicious. I agree with adding a carb. I really love the Kings Hawaiian Rolls with ham! I’m starting to plan out our Easter brunch, which I find way less intimidating and less stressful than planning a dinner. I’m going to do some kind of overnight French toast casserole to hopefully make the morning prepwork easier!

@modoodles ugh, chewing tobacco grossed me out even more than actual cigarettes. Nothing so nasty as seeing someone break out a water bottle or cup to spit into 🤢

• Options
    Super upset (mainly probably the hormones making it worse) They cancelled my school's orientation for next week. And guess who thought that since they make a HUGE deal about being there in person before we start classes, I didn't get refundable tickets for anything, airline, hotel etc. Hoping the airline will show mercy and just let me take a credit to be used later. The hotel is a lost cause.. Also hoping, the school partially refunds the massive amount of money we were required for classes, room and board during orientation.  (I'm not financially tight but don't like wasting money for no reason, close to 2 grands worth :s , but more so frustrated when I have everything planned out, I'm an early, over-planner. And then they change everything less than a week before we were supposed to arrive.)
    Yet can't cancel my work PTO because I have to "keep the week open" for a to be scheduled online program that will probably be early in the AM stuff due to me being 3 hours behind school time. 
    I'm sorry, needed to vent because this was no how I expected my day to go. I would like a beer right about now  :D 
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback on the food! If no one signs up for either rolls or something starchy like that, I'll definitely provide something!

@busymom247 haha... good timing for still getting Easter dinner!!

@kristinl492 oh, the ham rolls are happening... but they're an after holiday thing for us. We'll have those for dinner at least a night or two after :smile: It's DH's favorite part of holiday leftovers haha

@nursejenn5 oh no!! That sucks... If you haven't called the hotel, I'd still consider trying. Either way, that's super frustrating.
  • Options
    @blaf322 ahahaha that's hilarious and cute. Them learning anatomy is so funny and also I'm unprepared lol. The other day, DH was getting out of the shower and DD burst in the bathroom. She stares at him, points, and says "daddy butt." I was laughing so I had to leave the room while shouting "just tell her what it is!" I knew I couldn't be in the room for that and keep a straight face lol. Now I'm worried that she'll go to daycare saying "daddy penis"... can't be the first time a kid came in talking about body parts, right???
  • Options
    Omg @meanjellybean definitely wouldn't be a first. I have a little guy here (3) who still scribbles most of his drawing amd he tells me what he's drawing as he does it. "This is my mommy but I'm making her a cute shirt so she's not cold. And here's my daddy. And here's my daddy's wiener and here's my weiner." 😂😂
  • Options
    @modoodles ahahahha I'm crying
  • Options
    @meanjellybean bahaha... that's great. 
    We've been working on bathroom boundaries b/c as soon as DD PT, she started RUNNING to the bathroom anytime DH went. The first time, he had to swat her hand away b/c she almost put it in the pee stream ::face palm:: She is SO interested in the fact that he stands to pee. She comes in with me, but it isn't a big thing we're having to really work on like it is with DH lol
  • Options
    I am dying over here with all these toddler/anatomy stories! :joy:
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I babysat last Friday and then had the same kiddos at church in our nursery class. The mom texted me last night and said one of the kids has influenza A. so now i get to take tamiflu and pray i dont get sick too. 

married to DH on March 15, 2018 <3 TTC since May 2018
    dx: PCOS, hypothroidism <3 tx: timed intercourse with meds (dexa, clomid, letrozole, metformin, trigger shots)
    First TTGP: 5/9/19 BFN, 6/21/19 BFN, 7/29/19 BFN, 8/1/19 started a break from tx, 11/16/19 surprised with a BFP! LO born 7/7/20
    Second TTGP: started meds for first cycle of tx on 10/13/21

• Options
    noooooo @knockupthestock! FX you don't end up catching it. Also, really nice of her to tell you. Some people are assholes and just don't say anything. 
    Also also.... as an FYI, some people don't react well to Tamiflu and end up with flu like symptoms from taking it. I'm not sure how common that is, but something to keep in mind if you notice a direct correlation between taking it and feeling like shit.
  • Options
    @nursejenn5 That's such a bummer! I would totally call the hotel and see if they can do it anything.

Not at all on the same scale, but we were supposed to go see Pearl Jam in Toronto next week.. yesterday they announced that they've postponed their tour. My husband is a huuge fan so was also planning to go to the Ottawa show so he's spending some time on the phone today with airline + hotel trying to get some money or credits. We're still planning to go to Toronto for a couple of nights (it's about a 4 hour drive from us),  I'm calling it our babymoon lol. 
  • Options
    @blaf323 omg, nipple is already a pretty funny word, especially hearing it from a toddler’s mouth! I’m guessing nipples=boobs to her?! Lol, either way that’s a great story!

@modoodles @meanjellybean oh man, I’m just waiting for the day that DS embarrasses me with a penis story 😂. I do try to tell him the proper anatomical name for it, So I’m just waiting for that to backfire on me lol. For now he’ll point at it and say “p” and giggle. DS #2 was happily grabbing at his during my AS yesterday. Guess there’s nothing else to do in utero to pass the time 😂
  • Options
    @knockupthestock I hope you stay healthy! FWIW, I didn't think tamiflu did anything as a preventative measure and it was only supposed to be started once you've been diagnosed with the flu? (And has to be started within 48 hours of symptoms showing up.) At least that's the impression I got when we were looking into giving it to DD last week. There are some less than ideal side effects that can come along with it, so I'd be hesitant to start it without a diagnosis.
  • Options
    @kristinl492 She definitely knows what nipples are b/c I have to stop her from tweaking mine sometimes lol (wtf?!) But maybe she does think they're all just called nipples :D We were so caught off guard by the whole thing (and trying not to laugh at her b/c she's so sensitive about that and will cry if we do) that we didn't correct her. next time! lol
  • Options
    @stlbuckeye132 giving Tamiflu to folks who have been exposed is common. They did it a lot in this area last year when the flu season was really bad. Like, if one family member was diagnosed, the whole family was prescribed Tamiflu. Not saying that's everyone's preference to proceed with... but it's definitely a common use for the medication.
  • Options
    @blaf322 This just reminded me that when my best friend's nephew was a toddler he used to sing/yell throughout stores "Auntie/Mommy/Nana I can see your nipplessss". 
  • Options
    @stlbuckeye132 ya I asked my OB and she said that I should take it and is writing the prescription for it. so we will see how it goes haha.
    married to DH on March 15, 2018 <3 TTC since May 2018
    dx: PCOS, hypothroidism <3 tx: timed intercourse with meds (dexa, clomid, letrozole, metformin, trigger shots)
    First TTGP: 5/9/19 BFN, 6/21/19 BFN, 7/29/19 BFN, 8/1/19 started a break from tx, 11/16/19 surprised with a BFP! LO born 7/7/20
    Second TTGP: started meds for first cycle of tx on 10/13/21

• Options
    @mrsdrez bahahaha... I love kids! I especially love when OTHER people are having those hilarious situations happen to them in public :D 
  • Options
    RE funny anatomy stories- DH was sitting to pee the other day and DD was very intrigued by it. She always has to be in the bathroom with us when we are going, so this is a common occurrence that she is very closely watching. He wasn’t paying much attention to her and she just reaching in and grabbed his penis. He FREAKED out, I think because he just wasn’t expecting her to do that at all  :D We then had to talk with her about Daddies have penises and Mommies have vaginas. I just know that she will be repeating this very soon. She is just so obsessed with going to the bathroom right now, I’m thinking I am going to have her start PT soon (with no hopes of it being a permanent thing) just to get the hang of going on the potty like mommy and daddy. 
  • Options
    @kc0711 lol yep same with the bathroom obsession, it's so funny. She's always in with me, so we talk about it a LOT. These stories are cracking me up!