May 2020 Moms
Options

Hello! Drop your top baby name choices here!

1234568»

Re: Hello! Drop your top baby name choices here!

• Options
    @jhysmath I didn't think of nicknames for our name until you brought it up but now I keep thinking will people call him Jen, which would be weird because it so close to my name. Then Jenny came to mind and all I can think about now is how I want a beer because it made me think of Genny light haha. Also DS1's name doesn't really have an obvious nickname because of how it is spelled but somewhere along the line I started calling him by just the first letter and now everyone does.
  • Options
    @mamaj1220 you are right, first letter only nicknames are easy to come by when nothing else crops up.  I was just B for awhile, and I have another friend that is mostly just B currently.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @pirateduck my name has a lot of easy nicknames that could come with it but I have always gone by first and middle name together as a nickname or Sis because my brother couldn't say my name and even though he will be 21 soon, my family all calls me Sis still lol
  • Options
    @chewie5990
    I told MH I would call an Ezra Ezzy but I don't think I could call a Emmett Emmy :lol:

• Options
    My daughter's name is Margaret, for which there are many many nicknames, but we didn't choose to give her one. I'm hoping she doesn't want one as she gets into school, but that's out of my hands. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• Options
    Also, @jkr2019 YGPM
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    I’m a fan of nicknames. It’s important with for name choice for me. We’re going with Jack which is already kind of a nickname. I’m just hoping people don’t call him Jackie. Jack Jack is fine. Like the little baby from the Incredibles. I also only recently realized that kids could be mean and call him “Jack ass” but here’s hoping he doesn’t get teased like I did growing up.
  • Options
    @sunshinesea22 Sadly, kids are mean and no matter what name a child has they will find something for teasing...or at least that's what I saw while teaching.
  • Options
    and if your chosen name doesn't lend itself well to teasing, kids will find another way  :(
  • Options
    @catem07 my stepdaughter is a Margaret. She has nicknamed herself many things over the years including Margaret, Peggy and Meg but seems to have settled on Maggie as she's graduating high school. It's a beautiful and versatile name, as well as being timeless.

@jkr2019 I love your names -- both the boy set and the girl set! 4 is a lotta penises though I have to say 😂
  • Options
    @jkr2019 Hahah at making penises; I’m on number 4 for DH and me. 
  • Options
    We have decided on Catalina Emilia. 

Nickname will likely end up being Cat but I likely will call her Catalina. I think Lina is cute but DH had a bad experience with a Lina so shut it down real quick lol. DD1’s name is Arabella. We called her Belle for the first year but now we just call her Arabella so I don’t see us shorting DD2’s name.