Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Wednesday 2/26

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Wednesday 2/26

• Loading the player...
  • @gingermama29 that sounds like a great road trip! I hope you can make it happen! 

@kpearse99 enjoy your work from home day! And going out to dinner! Where are you going?

@runningoncookies I’m glad you got a nice run in! I think I’d be better about exercising if it was always the perfect temperature out, because your morning does sound amazing!
  • @bows22 loving the November hype!!
    @gingermama29 that’s not too bad. I’m glad he’s on board for it now! 
    @kpearse99 Yay for dinner out! Where are you guys going? 
    @runningoncookies it was definitely disturbing! I really didn’t see most of it coming! I am the kind of person that doesn’t try too hard to guess the endings because I like to just enjoy the story unfolding. MH on the other hand guesses the whole way through movies and shows. Lol

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: Zinc, folate, pnv, bbt, OPKs, tracking CM

R/R: MH tweaked his back. He has been struggling with a slipped disc for about 3 years. He goes to chiropractor and does his stretches and gets better and then he neglects those things for months and it gets bad again. Rinse and repeat. I feel bad for him but it also drives me a little crazy that he’s not taking better care of himself. FX he is feeling okay enough by weekend because we are going to Magic Kingdom on Saturday. 

CS/Q: temps are continuing to normalize so I am very happy about that. What’s the deal with this open triangle on CD13? What do those mean? 

• @bluetickgal sorry for month 22 and sorry for the rain. ☹️ I love the Nov hype though! Crossing all the things for you that this is your LAST month here. 
  • @bluetickgal - Oh man! Sorry the rain ruined your plans! I can't wait for it to be nice here again so DH and I can start up our evening walks again!

@krystrist2014 - Oh fun!! My sister is in the Festival of Fantasy parade at Magic Kingdom! Not sure if she is scheduled for Saturday or not though!

@dobiemom11 - Hope your quiet morning leads to a productive day and you get everything done off your list!
  • Month/Cycle:5/3(AL)

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: OPKS, PNVs, Tracking CM, Clearblue Fertility Monitor, HIO

R/R It’s Anti- Bullying day today in Canada so I’m wearing my pink shirt today for work and a pink bow in my hair. Got to always be Kind! Speaking of kindness.. makes me think of all the s*#t we say to the Peggies 😆 oops..  Then again, they do bring it on themselves and are extremely rude to all us ladies so... JUSTIFIED. 😂 
    On a side note.. my kitchen looks like a bomb went off in it lol I’ll be cleaning that up today after work. 

CS/Q: none

@inthewoods23 Enjoy your day at home today. it’s always nice to get lots of things done. Mmmm, beef jerky.

@feather_heather Hope you enjoy your tuna salad today. Can I ask why IVF is considered wrong or sinful? I’ve never heard that before. Sorry if that’s too personal to ask. Don’t let it stress you out. You focus on you and what you feel is right and need to do.

@dobiemom11 Jealous you get to relax in bed longer. Enjoy your quiet morning. Love those. 

@krystrist2014 sorry YH back is out. That sounds painful. Oh and soooo jealous your going to Magic Kingdom on sat. Have sooo much fun. Hope your hubs will be feeling a bit better by then. 

@bluetickgal Happy Hump Day to you too. Boo to the rain. Sorry you didn’t get to go for your walk. I hope that rain stops for you soon. I know that feeling all too well. We get so much rain here where I live. Yesss to November. 😁 woot woot.

@bows22 your GIF this morning 😂😆 

@gingermama29 I sure hope that you can drive down and make it to your friends wedding. That would be so fun for you and it will be nice to get away for a bit and relax. 

@kpearse99 woo hoo for working from home today. So jealous lol. I wish I could do that but really wouldn’t work for me with the type of work I do lol. Yay you don’t have to cook. I hope you enjoy your dinner out tonight. 

@runningoncookies So happy you got to go for a run and made it to work on time. Yay. That’s great to hear your in such an excellent mood today too. 
  • @krystrist2014 thanks lady! The open triangle pointing up means you temped later than your normal time...if it was pointing down, it would mean it was earlier than normal. Hope YH is feeling better by the weekend so you can enjoy Magic Kingdom together! 
    @dobiemom11 hope you enjoyed that extra time in bed! And hopefully your to-do list isn’t too long for today! 
    @feather_heather I can’t wait for the better weather either...walking is one of our favorite things to do together! Sorry you have been struggling with your faith lately...I totally understand. I’ve been there too, I’ve been trying to make a better effort to make it to church each week...some weeks are better than others though! I do agree that faith/religion is very personal and things can be interpreted so differently depending on how you look at it! I hope you can find a peace about it all and won’t feel judgement! 
    @inthewoods23 enjoy your WFH day...and hopefully the sneezing goes away soon! Hope you have a nice, productive day but just enjoy being at home too! Yes...Winter needs to leave, I’m over it! 
    @mindyb2019 you rock that pink! 💗 I do feel bad for the Peggies sometimes, but most of the time they do deserve it AND they give it right back even worse sometimes! Hope you have a great day and cleaning your kitchen won’t take too long after work! 
  • @mindyb2019 - Not too personal! The Catholic Church says that IVF is a sin because a child should be conceived during the sexual union of a man and a woman, and that life begins at conception (so the church has issues with how leftover embryos are dealt with). I personally do not agree that it is a sin to grow my family in any way that I can, and that I should be denied the ability to carry my own children because of something that I cannot control. I still believe that God has to play a role in IVF working, and that it's not 100% science. 

@bluetickgal - Thank you  <3
  • @runningoncookies Look at you crushing your day from the moment you woke up!!!! Get it, girl!!! I hope the rest of the day has been on point so far too!

@bows22, @dobiemom11 and @krystrist2014 I'm not sure yet where we are going to dinner! Doesn't matter though, as long as we are together :) 

@bluetickgal the rain is never ending here too.... ugh it's so dreary and it's killing my vibes! haha

@krystrist2014 ouch to YH back!!! Has the dr. said anything about him needing surgery or anything like that to correct it? 

@dobiemom11 quiet mornings are the BEST!!! I hope it was everything you wanted and needed it to be!

@feather_heather you said.... "I've also always felt like religion and faith is about how you personally feel and what you think, and that I don't have to agree with everything the church says is right/wrong." and this is exactly how I feel about religion. God will love you and your children NO MATTER WHAT, no matter who they are or where they come from and how they are made. They are his children too. 

@inthewoods23 Hey WFH buddy!! So glad you're feeling a bit better. I knew you were going to love that hedgie GIF!!! I'll keep searching for a December one too!

@mindyb2019 Don't feel too bad for the Peggy's.... like you said, they bring it on themselves and this one is especially snarky!!

@linzrunz 3 hours for a 20 min. appointment?! That's nuts! I'm so sorry you don't have any doctors closer to where you are, that has to be frustrating. 
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @feather_heather I’m sorry, I don‘t agree with that. I’m not trying to slam you or your faith cause I too myself was raised religiously. I don’t feel IVF is a a sin at all. It’s out of your control so why is that your fault? You should be able to bring a child into this world that will be loved any way you can do that and not have to worry. I believe that God has to play a role in IVF working too. All the best to you girly. ❤️ 
  • @feather_heather. I am sending you lots of love today.  I understand that struggle as well.  My DH is not Catholic, so that has changed how we handle growing or not growing our family. 

Something that has been on my mind today after reading your comments: the Church might not approve of the decision, but the people at your church or in your life want what is best for you and your family.  Obviously that sounds naive (doing crazy terrible things shouldn't be approved for obvious reasons) but I hope you understand the sentiment.
  • @bluetickgal we’ve been having tons of rain here too...I really am so sick of not seeing the sun for days on end!

@kristris2018 yes MH and I are the exact same mix! He is so so good at figuring out endings and I don’t really put that much effort in because I know the show/book/movie will give me the answer eventually lol!

@feather_heather I agree that some of the things the Catholic church believes in are not for me. I always have felt like I believe in the core value of just generally be a good person, and that there’s something bigger than us out there. Religion is a tough (and very personal) thing, but I think if going to church is good for you than you absolutely should do it for yourself. 

@linzrunz I don’t blame you for being frustrated! 3 hours is a longgg way to drive for a less than stellar appointment

@inthewoods23 beef jerky...yum! Is it hard to make?
  • @mindyb2019 yeah way to go jinxing us with the Peggy!! lol They really like to pop out of nowhere don't they!

@linzrunz good lord that's a lot of driving for such a short appointment! I feel lucky that I have a lot within a fairly short drive of me. My RE is about 20-25 minutes, and when I see my therapist, she's actually about 15 minutes from home and only 5 minutes from work.

@runningoncookies mmm not really. We use ground round beef, mix in the seasoning (and chopped up mangoes since it's mango habanero flavor), mix in the cure, then put it in the jerky gun and use that to lay strips out on the trays. It's time consuming more than it is hard to make. We'll make between 2-4lbs of each flavor. We're making it today because my brother paid for our hotel room for our grandpa's funeral. He said he was joking when he asked for jerky, but he's so excited when we said we were dead serious about making it for him. We fly out to him for my cousin's wedding on Friday so it will get hand delivered! We'll give him half or so and keep the other half for ourselves for our trip the following weekend.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 wow. That sounds seriously delicious! I’m sure it’s totally worth the time requirements lol, and it’s nice that you’ll be able to give it to your brother in person!
  • @bows22 totally on board with November!! Glad your client was too preoccupied to be upset!

@gingermama29 yay that you'll be able to make it to your friends wedding! I love long car trips and April will be such a pretty time of year to go. 

@runningoncookies so jealous of your morning run! It was raining here today so I didn't get my afternoon one in. Do you run in the dark or is it light when you go?

@feather_heather I'm sorry you're struggling. From conversations with Catholic friends who have done IVF I'd say you're not alone. One friend never told her parents bc she wasn't sure how they'd react. But I have other friends that believe God led them to the specific Dr they used to help, and another friend who named her daughter after a saint bc she attended a special Mass for her the day she found out that round was successful. I hope you find some moments of peace this week.

Also, I'm not Catholic and hope this doesn't sound too bad, but the church's stance on issues is still man's interpretation of God's message. There are things humans don't understand that are God/the universe acting on our lives and it's hard to believe such a concrete "this is bad, this is good" stance when there's just so much we don't know. 

@krystrist2014 SOO jealous of your weekend! Are you close to Orlando? We're planning a trip for July and I. Am. So. Excited!!

Month/Cycle: 10 / 9 (8 AL#2)

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, charting, pnvs

R/R: today was busy at work so I'm just checking in! I gave up my lunch time today to give a technology demonstration to some teachers. It went well so I'm glad and hope they can use it in their classes. Mostly coding tools which I love to use bc students get so excited to use them. 

CS/Q: none!
  • @bluetickgal oh no I’m sorry your walk got rained out! It’s going to be warmer here next week but rainy too. I hate it, so gloomy!

@krystrist2014 oh no! I hope YH bounces back in time for Disney!

@dobiemom11 I could definitely see mixed feelings with help for that long! Do they stay with you when they come?

@feather_heather  IVF wasn’t an option when Jesus was around - so in my opinion it is between you and Him to decide what is right for you. I’m Catholic too and have struggled with this and that is the conclusion I have come to based on my own relationship with God. I hope that you continue to find peace at mass and in your faith!

@inthewoods23 I hope you’re feeling better! It’s so hard to WFH when you’re sick because bed is so close by haha.

@mindyb2019 I feel like with the Peggys sometimes I can let it go and sometimes I can’t!

@linzrunz I guess everyone has off days at their job but maybe you should say something if you feel like she’s not giving you what you need, especially if it’s not as easy as switching to another psychiatrist.  I’m sorry your appt left you feeling anxious. 

• @inthewoods23 haha oops sorry. 🤨 They sure do pop out of nowhere. 
  • @_orchid_ today it was just starting to get light! The sidewalks in my neighborhood are not the best so if it’s dark out I won’t usually run outside. 
  • @bows22. Normally they would stay with me, but my MIL recently surprised us by getting remarried.  When everyone came for Thanksgiving, she and the new husband went and stayed at a hotel.  So I am not really sure what to expect moving forward.  The new house would have enough room for everyone to stay, but it might be awkward.  The new husband butts heads with some family members.  I used to be really fine with him until he made some really inappropriate comments around the holidays about TTC.  His comments actually prompted me to stop lurking and meet all you lovely ladies!

@gingermama29. FX for your weekend.  I know how much planning you have put into the event, so I hope they can still safely hold the event!  I used to live in Raleigh NC for many years, so wasn't sure if you were headed "home".  (I grew up in VA, but still consider NC home.  That is where we bought our first house and stayed for more than two years). 
  • @_orchid_ sorry just now realizing I missed you question the other day! Yes, we are about a two hour drive from Orlando. We buy the FL resident “Discover Disney” 3-day tickets this time each year since we’ve lived here and so we go one Saturday each month between Jan and March (one park per day). We moved around a lot before this and I am pretty sure that I’m the next 5 years or so we will move again (MH wants to move to TX and I’m down if the right opportunity presents itself) so I figure we should enjoy Disney and these discounts while we’re here.