Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Healthy Habits Check-In w/o 2/24

Alright, let's get back into this!
-----

What habits, goals, or resolutions do you have for yourself this year? Or which goal(s) are you focusing on this week?

How's everything going?

What has you motivated or struggling this week?

What questions/help do you have/need to help you achieve your habits, goals, and resolutions?

What's a "small win" you have from last week?
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: Healthy Habits Check-In w/o 2/24

• Options
    Alrighty, I said I’d excitedly participate in this thread and then have slacked on posting since it went up! Here we go...

What habits, goals, or resolutions do you have for yourself this year? Or which goal(s) are you focusing on this week? To move my body at least 5 days a week. Also, for TTC purposes: limiting sweets/no sugar, gluten-free & dairy-free diet. 

How's everything going? I feel like they’re not going great but then my Fitbit report tells me otherwise. 

What has you motivated or struggling this week? I have been feeling exhausted lately. Even after 8 hours’ sleep. But I’m making myself take a walk at sunset everyday as the bare minimum for movement. 

What questions/help do you have/need to help you achieve your habits, goals, and resolutions? MH needs to stop being such a junk food addict & leaving all his pizza, pastries, & candy sitting out on the counter. Makes it hard to stay on my healthy diet! 

What's a "small win" you have from last week? Although I only averaged 8,500 steps daily last week instead of at least 10,000 (and gained a couple pounds), I DID move my body all seven days last week! That was a big win. Some days I went to the gym for 30 minutes and did the evening walk for 30-45 minutes, so celebrating that & trying to improve on my step count this week. P.S. @kpearse99 I used your playlist from the IF thread as motivation to get moving when I wanted to sit on the couch. Thank you! 
  • Options
    @keikilove oh no pastries are totally my weakness! No turnovers or cinnamon rolls on this diet 😭

What habits, goals, or resolutions do you have for yourself this year? Or which goal(s) are you focusing on this week?
    Gluten and dairy free diet, improving mental health

How's everything going?
    I feel I'm being too lax with the diet. Like really I should try not having french fries at fast food places since they are often in the same fryer as chicken tenders, etc. I've been good about not eating something with gluten or dairy just for the sake of having something to eat. Like I did not eat dinner last night, because we don't have much in the house right now.

In other news, my therapy appointment is on the books for the 12th so yay! Looking forward to getting that started.

I'm motivated by the weight I'm losing! Definitely struggling because I'm traveling this weekend for a wedding and a robotics competition the following weekend so I REALLY hope I have good options for myself so I don't end up eating chicken tenders. I guess I'll just have to look like a loser eating just a hamburger patty 😟 whatever keeps the gluten and dairy away.

What questions/help do you have/need to help you achieve your habits, goals, and resolutions?
    Nothing 🤷‍♀️

I opted out of having a pizza and went for salad instead at a restaurant where we were having a fundraiser.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 Great job sticking to the diet! I’m having a little easier time now that I’m purposefully grocery shopping for the diet: slowly making changes like drinking oat milk and eating vegan “pizza”. (Not very good😬)

I hope your weekend food options aren’t too limited! You can always wrap the burger in a “ lettuce leaf bun” like all the low-carb people out there. 

• Options
    @keikilove Once I figured out the items I needed to swap out, the diet has been pretty easy to do at home. 100% agree, vegan pizza is not very good (homemade anyway). Could just be the particular brand of shredded cheese I used. It didn't melt well and the texture was a little off-putting. Hopefully it just takes some getting used to. I didn't have luck with the gluten and dairy free hamburger buns I bought. Tasted way too dry.

The tricky part is that brands are different in their ingredients for the same food. My favorite chips are salt and vinegar and I think it was Jimmy John's that has milk as an ingredient for their S&V chips, but the Lay's brand doesn't! I also swear I've checked the same bottle of BBQ sauce over and over. I'm slightly paranoid about accidently ingesting gluten or dairy in sauces and stuff! I should probably chill 😬 but it's hard not to be!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    What habits, goals, or resolutions do you have for yourself this year? Or which goal(s) are you focusing on this week?  Still working on the additional veggies and not eating out.  Just trying to eat the food we already have here.  

How's everything going?  I think it is going pretty well.  I have a bunch of canned chicken, cream of chicken soup, and pumpkin that I am trying to eat up.  So been looking up lots of recipes using those items.  

Ash Wednesday and then Lenten Fridays have me a little off this week.  I didn't take into account the fasting and no meat while meal planning.  But my DH came home for lunch, so I made one of my meat dinners for lunch today.  

Any suggestions for my food items?  Chicken pot pie, chicken salad, and pumpkin chili have been heavy in rotation over here.  

We decided to go out to eat after meeting with accountant about taxes.  It was a late night and just knew cooking wasn't going to happen.  Got BOGO wings and brought a serving worth home.  Was dying to have Chickfilia the next day, so I used my points to get some fries and a drink.  Then came home and ate them with the leftover wings.  So didn't spend any extra money,a ate leftovers, and still satisfied the craving so I wouldn't lose it later.

Also pasta was 10 for $10 at the store and I didn't buy any.  Normally I would buy a bunch of it.  Last year I bought like literally 40 lbs of pasta and then found out we were moving.  (I make a lot of casseroles for church, so pasta gets used up quick at our house- just not eaten by us).

@keikilove and @inthewoods23. Good job with the gluten free and dairy free.  Hopefully after we move, our family will get better on both those accounts.  Also awesome work with the exercise.  I got a few walks in this weekend before the rain descended on us again.  
  • Options
    Today is extra struggle.  I already have dinner cooked from last night and it just needs to be reheated.  I fasted most of yesterday, so I just feel hungry for something good.  Chinese and pizza delivery flyers in the mailbox!  Hopefully my DH can talk me out of it.  Dinner has meat in it, so we can't just save it for tomorrow.