July 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms w/o 2/24

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 2/24

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @modoodles
    1. yay for a good AS! I thought about you several times over the weekend but was never at a good place to come here and ask. 
    2. You look great! But I know how it is to not be able to see it and I'm sorry you're not loving the photo! Keep it and I bet you'll be more fond of it when it's not so fresh. I always do that.
    3. :D I want to go axe throwing so badly! We just haven't made the time to do it. I feel 100% certain I'll be on your DD's level though lol
  • Options
    @angemtn I'm confused... why do you feel like you should be constipated? I've not really ever had issues with that during pregnancy (knock on wood)
  • Options
    @angemtn I never dealt with constipation in any of my pregnancies- so maybe you'll be lucky too and can avoid it! 

@blaf322 thanks! Weekends are busy, but thanks for thinking of me! My husband probably thought I was a psycho because I cried when he shared the photo, and kept saying I looked great- but my MIND. 😂 And the Axe throwing was SO fun! This was only the second time I had gone, but the first time I went was so bad (at my daughter's level) that the owner took pity on me after watching me struggle for 40 minutes and gave me a few pointers! I was really wishing he would have been there yesterday to help my kiddo. 

• Options
    @modoodles I love axe throwing, I have a gift card for a party of 12 that I need to use soonish/before I walk in with a belly and they're like...uh.... 
  • Options
    @blaf322 I’ve just heard from a lot of people that you get constipated. 🤷‍♀️  I just thought I was “supposed to be” constipated once the pregnancy gets to a certain point. Lol I’d be thrilled if I don’t get that!
  • Options
    @modoodles yay for a great anatomy scan! I agree with @blaf322 that I think you look great in the photo! I totally understand not loving every single change going on with your body though and not feeling super confident in it. Hugs. Also, v impressed with you and YH in the bedroom. I was proud of the one time we did it this weekend. :joy:

@angemtn I agree with others - many do get constipated during pregnancy, but if you're not, just count your blessings! lol
  • Options
    @angemtn I never had issues with constipation with my first or thus far in this pregnancy...it doesn't have to happen!  

Going to try to be a little more active this week.  Last week I was in a huge funk and didn't want to rub off on anyone.  

• Options
    @angemtn haha... FX you just keep everything regular :smile:
  • Options
    @blaf322 oh. Mygod. Wooooow. Your MIL was really not getting it! Dang! 😳 
  • Options
    @blaf322 OMG I want to bang my head against a wall right now on your behalf. What is wrong with people??
  • Options
    @blaf322 oof that's rough, kudos to you and your H for keeping cool!
  • Options
    @blaf322 WTF. Seriously, I’d be seeing red. I feel like I’ve been having similar conversations too. 
  • Options
    @footdrbritt I was suuuuuper annoyed. I couldn't decide if it was because I just already don't like them or if it was because that was actually the dumbest convo I've had about all of this. Prob a little of column A, little of column B
  • Options
    @blaf322 That was a horrible convo.  I'd have been pissed and hurt.
  • Options
    @modoodles LOVE charlie berens! So funny. Haven't seen him live yet though. 
  • Options
    @modoodles I was wondering if YH found out sex at the anatomy scan or if he still wanted to wait until birth! I think it's sweet that he's so pumped about it.
  • Options
    @modoodles In context it's cute about your husband.  I'm glad he's excited. 
  • Options
    All you lucky ladies with no constipation! I'm always constipated when I'm pregnant, that was my first clue to take a test! @angemtn embrace the regularity! 

@blaf322 At least she figured it out by the end. *head desk* 
  • Options
    @stlbuckeye132 :D best of luck! Let us know how that goes. I do not have the body for a jumpsuit, especially while pregnant lol
  • Options
    @stlbuckeye132 omg- he didn't even wait that long! I found out and told him I didn't, but that I was going to, and he wanted me to call the office right then and there to find out 😂 I told him the office was already closed, so he told me he was calling as soon as they opened the next day. Clearly he was also unable to wait LOL! 
  • Options
    @blaf322 I have a feeling I'll be returning it, but I needed something else to get free shipping on DD's shoes! Naturally I spent $40 on this to avoid the $7 shipping fee. Eff me, I'm dumb. :joy: Pic of what it looks like on a model in spoiler for reference... I'll update with a pic on me whenever it shows up lol

@modoodles lol that's hilarious!
  • Options
    @mrs_sheddy it was a fun show. We were in the second row, with our  best friends. It was also nice to see one of my daughter's teachers/coaches there. *tw* His son died of complications from his first chemo treatment for leukemia 4 years ago (at age 14), and the night of the show was his son's birthday. He had shared several fb posts last week about his son's upcoming birthday, and he and his wife and college-aged daughter had gone out to supper to celebrate on Friday night. **tw over** While at the restaurant, they recognized Charlie and told him they really enjoyed his comedy but unfortunately the show was sold out before they even knew about it. He got them all complimentary tickets, for the front row- no questions asked. It was amazing. 💜 Obviously he had no idea what they were going through, but just without hesitation, or being asked, was so generous to complete strangers and it meant so much to them. Now I love him a million times more. 
  • Options
    blaf322blaf322 member
    edited February 2020
    @stlbuckeye132 oh, that's cute! It would not work on me (big hips, small shoulders/upper body) but I can actually see that looking great on someone! All the other maternity jumpsuits I've seen have been less than flattering on even the models. I hope you love it!!
    Also, I totally feel you on the $40 purchase to save $7. I've done it more than I care to admit :D 
  • Options
    @blaf322 hoping your babe makes it a little later than th original “early” of 34! At my hospital babies 35+0 aren’t an automatic admit to NICU and sometimes can stay down(we’re separate floors) on mother baby with mom! But unless people have been in those situations. They have no idea. But they try to think they do. So annoying. 

@mrsdrez probiotics have SIGNIFICANTLY improved my pooIng problems. 😂 (and I have a sensitive system) was doing Metamucil semi regularly but didn’t really like it. 
  • Options
    @stlbuckeye132 Sorry to hear about your OB switch and also, that jumpsuit is super cute. I just bought one that isn't maternity on sale at the outlets but I bought a size up so I'm hoping it works for a few fancier things I have coming up in April/May.
  • Options
    Finally caught the stomach virus everyone else in my family has had. 😭 My husband said maybe next time the family gets sick, I should just move out for a few days to avoid it (my parents are divorced but both live alone 2 minutes away so I have plenty of places to stay), because he hates seeing me get sick when I’m pregnant. It seemed like a sweet idea, but it would have been a lot sweeter if he hadn’t left me to clean up my daughter’s vomit Thursday night and stay up with her for hours while she continued to puke all night...
  • Options
    @stlbuckeye132 and YES to that jumpsuit, but I have concerns about jumpsuits when I have to go to the bathroom as many times as I do! Hope it has a good mechanism for that!
  • Options
    @Pascal86 pull a leg up!! I swear, it is the best way to pee in a romper. You pull one leg all the way up, and then pull your underwear down and sit. I have a nursing romper I love and that is my go to pee move.
  • Options
    @kc0711 okay I might need to get a romper now so I can try that!!
  • Options
    Going on a sushi date tomorrow. (To a respectable sushi restaurant, because when not pregnant I’m happy with grocery store sushi In between fancy sushi trips if I’m being honest) thinking I’ll stick to more pregnant friendly rolls (crab, tempura shrimp/rolls etc) any thoughts on this? 
  • Options
    @nursejenn5 H and I went to a fancy new restaurant last night and I happily ate the salmon belly tartare, it’s all about the being reputable part IMO. Side note, I definitely plan on trying to go back to this spot before giving birth it was so good.
  • Options
    @nursejenn5 we’ve had fancy sushi a few times since I got pregnant. I’m generally meat averse right now but sushi is the exception. I stay away from the high mercury stuff but otherwise enjoy any of my old favorites. It’s a reputable place that has never made either of us ill so I have no concerns.