July 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms w/o 2/24

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 2/24

• Options
    @nursejenn5 enjoy your sushi! I don’t like any with the raw fish so I still happily enjoy some grocery store sushi from time to time when I’m pregnant 
  • Options
    How long is too long to wait at the doctor??!!
    being one myself, I pride myself on trying to be remotely on time.
    new ob...one hour in waiting room, and nothing. And basically I've been told ‘yeah we just run behind’
    mkay. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @footdrbritt Anything over 30 minutes is excessive, in my opinion. Barring any emergencies/special situations, but it should not be on a regular basis. Sounds like they need to re-evaluate the way they schedule if that’s how they “run behind.” 
  • Options
    @kristinl492 oh I agree. I’m already not happy and sadly this is the only high risk clinic close to us. I’m thinking I’ll be asking for the Army to send me somewhere else...
    still waiting. Now 75 min after my appt 
  • Options
    @footdrbritt that's ridiculous!! Fx that this is unique and the doc is otherwise awesome. Otherwise it's pretty unacceptable. Keep us posted!!
  • Options
    @stlbuckeye132 yay for a great AS! Boo for losing your OB. 

@nursejenn5 I think you're probably fine with any sushi if it's a nice restaurant with fresh fish. One of the big concerns with sushi is parasites.... which you also don't want when not pregnant. So I say stick to the low mercury stuff and enjoy!

@footdrbritt I'd be fuming! We just had this convo on my other board a few days ago. I think things happen. People run behind... especially if they had something come up. But COMMUNICATE TO YOUR PATIENTS! Let them know you're an hour+ behind so they can go do something else and come back. Or reschedule if they want to. 
  • Options
    @footdrbritt That is CRAY.  I am so sorry you are stuck waiting so long and they are not communicating with you at all!  I don't mind waiting if they are up front with me...I would start bugging them. If doc spends lots of time with each patient, great, but schedule for that!  

• Options
    mrs_sheddymrs_sheddy member
    edited February 2020
    @nursejenn5 I eat sushi 1-2x a month! I agree with what everyone else has said.. mostly just commenting to say now I'm craving sushi for dinner and it's only breakfast. 

@footdrbritt UGH that sounds terrible. I had a long wait the other day but it was because my OB and nurse were in the delivery room with another patient. If it's something that happens every time I'd be really annoyed. 

ETA tags
  • Options
    @footdrbritt what the eff! I would be pretty upset at that point. I've never had them run late for an appointment, at least not more than 5-10 minutes. At my office they have a board on display with each provider's name and how their schedule is running, (on time, 15 minutes behind, 30 minutes behind...) I've never seen anything over 15 minutes though. My oldest son goes to a specialty eye clinic and I always expect that to take forever. And yes, I mean hours to actually be seen, no matter what time the appointment is.. also -.it's early in the day, how are they already so behind?!
  • Options
    @footdrbritt they should at least let you know what was going on and probably reschedule you. I have waited this long but they let me know the provider was who was on call at the hospital and was stuck there with multiple deliveries. Then a c section. (Also I see that side of it where I need the on call doc at the hospital for something difficult) but definitely inexcusable to just let you sit for way over an hour in the waiting room! 
  • Options
    kristinl492kristinl492 member
    edited February 2020
    @blaf322 YES. Communication is 100% key. If I have to keep a patient at work, I go out and explain that we’re behind or have front desk staff let them know. Most people are totally understanding, even if it is annoying. But I don’t ever remember making a patient wait over an hour. That’s awful.

@footdrbritt that’s absolutely insane. That’s not even a schedule at that point. Might as well just show up at any time because clearly they don’t see anyone in a punctual manner.
  • Options
    @Pascal86 noooo! I hope the stomach bug is over soon. Also, I didn't even think about the bathroom situation when I bought the jumpsuit... whoops. :neutral:

@nursejenn5 get you some sushi and enjoy!

@footdrbritt omg how are they already an hour behind?! Wasn't your appt at 8? I'd be pissed.
  • Options
    also, @footdrbritt good luck today! FX for some good news about baby's heart <3
  • Options
    If you want to know what club feet look like 

• Options
    @footdrbritt I'm so happy for the good news! That's awesome!!
  • Options
    kristinl492kristinl492 member
    edited February 2020
    @modoodles I love your choice because it doesn’t “scream boy.” It’s simple and neutral and will make it easier to transition the room as baby becomes a kid. But it is awful cute that he’s so interested! 

@footdrbritt glad you ended up having a good experience. Makes the wait at least a little bit worth it. Yay for the resolved previa!
  • Options
    @modoodles I learned not to ask DH for his opinion on stuff like this back when I asked him to help me choose a first dance song at our wedding. If I hadn't asked, he'd have just gone with whatever I chose (as long as it wasn't country). But then he got involved and I still don't love what we ended up with, to this day. So, now, I just go to him and tell him what I like and ask if he's cool with it (which he always is b/c he doesn't actually care). Your current situation is what I'd be dealing with if I had asked for help lol
  • Options
    @footdrbritt so glad to hear your appt went well and the previa has resolved! I'm glad you're feeling better about things now. :heart:

@modoodles ughhh so annoying he's changing his mind now! I love love love yours, but tbh, I was expecting worse for his. I mean that fake bear skin rug is 100% awful, but having lived in OK for a bit, I think I've become somewhat immune to the fake deer heads as nursery decoration lol I hope you can convince him to go back to the original plan!
  • Options
    @blaf322 now I need to know your wedding song!
  • Options
    @stlbuckeye132 I don't remember who sang it.... and, apparently, it's a common song name.... maybe that's not the right name then? Girl, I have no clue. I clearly don't love it enough to even be able to find it :D 
  • Options
    mrs_sheddymrs_sheddy member
    edited February 2020
    @modoodles your nursery idea is perfect. His isn't as bad as I thought, but still like yours more! 
    If we find out we are having a boy MH would definitely want to deck out his room in sports gear. It should be interesting fitting him into his big sisters room. She has pink everything. Barbies, unicorns, and mermaids everywhere. We may be needing to neutralize things...lol! 

ETA the baby will be in our room at first, and I'd be willing to put money on MH adding some sort of Packers/Brewers paraphernalia on the wall above the bassinet if it's a boy *eyeroll*
  • Options
    Omg @mrs_sheddy are you in Wisconsin? My husband is already online shopping for Packers/Badgers/Brewers onesies. He grew up (and his family is still there) in Milwaukee. Nooooo to super branded baby clothes too 😂 
  • Options
    Haha @blaf322 I wanted to elope and he wanted the wedding so he chose a LOT of that. I mean, he even picked the invitations off of etsy and sent it to me to ask what I thought LOL. He built the arch we stood under, picked colors- like the whole deal. I loved our first dance song. We did a choreographed dance to Redbone's, "Come and Get Your Love." But until we settled on that he wanted a different song every day 😂
  • Options
    @footdrbritt yay for (finally) a good appointment!! 
  • Options
    @footdrbritt How did I miss the appointment update? It sounds like you feel comfortable with the staff there, and I'm happy other issues have completely resolved, that's wonderful! ❤ 
  • Options
  • Options
    I'd post this in the product rec thread but I worry people won't see.... Does anyone have a cheap audio only monitor that's NOT VTech? We'll need another sound monitor until DD moves out of her crib (which, if she can't get her life together, may not happen until she's in college) and I'm hoping to get one that's not VTech so we have less of a likelihood of dealing with interference from her monitor.... but it kinda seems like VTech is the only one really making the cheap ones. (If I'm going to pay an arm and a leg, we might as well get a video one, is my thought).
  • Options
    @modoodles I've just quit asking my wife her thoughts on some of those things but she drives me around the bend.  I never knew she was as opposed to decor, themes etc as she evidently is.
    @footdrbritt I'd lose my mind at 90 minutes.  Glad mostly it was good news and you got better pictures.  With your background the visuals must help.
  • Options
    @footdrbritt so nice to hear such a great update, and things are looking up!

@modoodles so cute that your husband wants to be so involved, but yikes! I’d consider adding a white deer head to your nursery idea! It’s so calm and soothing.
  • Options
    @blaf322
    I honestly have not seen any that weren't VTech in awhile.  Safety 1st used to have one or two models, but those don't seem as prevalent as when I was looking for one for DS.  I haven't had any issues with interference on my VTech, but it's the only monitor I have in the house right now.  

• Options
    Yesterday at work people were commenting that I was starting to have a belly, so with that knowledge... I was working with someone I don't really know and they asked if I had kids yet. I said nope not yet! (My usual canned answer for patients) And I don't know how to not feel awkward to just go out and say I'm pregnant. So I'm just letting the rest of people think I've gotten chubby for awhile until its more like "ohh she's pregnant"  :D
  • Options
    I wish her the best in her pregnancy if this online board is too stressful :'(
  • Options
    @blaf322 I read her intro and thought it was nice, but noticed the knottie and figured someone would point it out to change. I read your comments and did not see them as hostile lol. BMB's are so much less hostile than the big community boards like "2nd trimester". I mean, as long as you introduce yourself.