Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Monday 2/24

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Monday 2/24

• Loading the player...
  • gingermama29gingermama29 member
    edited February 2020
    @bows22 when I went off BC in 2014, I went more than 2 years without a period. Losing weight brought my cycles back.
    **TW: LC**
    This is my longest cycle I've had since I started getting periods again after DD was born. I think before this cycle, 65 days was my longest but I was still BFing at that time.
    I'm sorry you're still dealing with bronchitis. I hope you feel better quickly! Drinks and games sounds like a great Saturday night!
  • @gingermama29 yikes! CD 71 is a lot, hopefully you can get some answers after your appointment! I had a 65 day cycle at the end of this summer, which was incredibly frustrating and we weren’t even TTC yet. It’s bothersome when your body doesn’t do what you want it to be doing!

@bows22 sorry that your bronchitis is still sticking around! Glad you had a nice weekend.

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: temping, prenatals, tracking CM, OPKs, BD EOD

R/R: Wow this weekend absolutely flew by! I was saying to DH yesterday I already feel like this is going to be a long week. We had a game night with friends on Saturday, and then a family birthday party yesterday. Usually I don’t love doing things on a Sunday, but the party ended up being really fun!

CS/Q: I didn’t sleep well at all on Friday night, and was definitely up and rolling around in the early morning hours. My temp was so much higher than normal! Went ahead and threw that one away lol.

• @runningoncookies sounds like you had a great weekend too! What games did you play at your game night? We played phase 10 which was fun but the other couple (and DH) had a hard time catching on at first. I was panicking watching my great idea to play a game crash and burn before my eyes haha
  • @bows22 we played cranium! Fun and easy haha. I’ve never played phase 10 but I totally get that feeling of panic. I’m glad everyone figured it out and it was a fun time!
  • @gingermama29 UGH, 71?!? I’m so sorry! I hope the doctor can provide some help and guidance at your appointment on Thursday. 
    @bows22 bronchitis can suck it! I’m glad you still had a good weekend though. Sounds like a good time hanging with friends. 
    @runningoncookies sounds like a fun weekend! I hate when they feel too fast though. Hoping that this week doesn’t wind up feeling too long for you. 
  • *lurking from TWW* 

@gingermama29 GL with going back to school today! Was thinking of our teachers last night! 

@bows22 Now I want to play Phase 10!!!

@krystrist2014 Hooray for FW! 

@feather_heather Oooh now I'm intrigued what studio you found, because my cousin has a studio up on the North Shore! 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @mvt2003 - If I can figure out how to DM you I'll send you the studio name! I spent all last night stalking on instagram haha

@kpearse99 - I danced competitively growing up (until I switched over to cheerleading in the 10th grade) and I miss it so much! I used to love competitions as well! It's crazy how different they are now, then when I was in them! They are 3 days long, and include classes in the morning and competitions in the evening! Then the last day they do more classes, and a showcase where each studio does one dance and all the convention staff does a dance. It seemed like a very educational weekend for the dancers and their teachers!
  • @feather_heather Yes, they are VERY different now than when we were younger! haha I have gone to a few that were structured like that, but they were more of a national competition or something along those likes. But I remember the workshops were really great!
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @feather_heather I wanna know the studio name now too so I can stalk them on insta haha
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• I'll DM you! lol
  • Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: opks and doin the deed

R/R: I am taking my opks at work and I forgot a pee cup so I washed yesterday's McDonald's cup. 😆

CS/Q: temps were the exact same 3 days in a row under different circumstances (room temp, what I slept in, ect) I tried my thermometer again after I had been up and around at it was higher. 

• Month/Cycle: 5/3(AL)

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: PNV, OPKS, Clearblue Fertility Monitor, HIO, Tracking CM, Staying relaxed and calm this cycle

R/R: Enjoying my lazy day off from work today 😁 I don’t feel like doing much today so I’ll prob just binge Netflix shows lol.. Omg sooo embarrassing. On Saturday when I worked. I was sitting in this fabric chair for an hour with the old people I take care of. I went to get up and noticed I felt really wet and weird. So I felt my pants and looked at the chair. I totally bled through my tampon and my panty liner I was wearing. Through my underwear and through my pants and onto the chair 😮🤭 Oopsie. I have never had that happen before. I was like whoa. Good thing I was wearing black pants and no one noticed. I had to run to the bathroom as quickly as I could. I only had my tampon in for 2.5 hours too so ya. Man AF this cycle has been soooo heavy. I don’t know why. Cant wait till she’s over. Thank goodness that happened at the end of my day and could go home soon after that to change and clean up etc. 

CS/Q: None

@gingermama29 I’m sorry your on CD71. That’s crazyness. That’s a long cycle. I hope you can get some answers at the docs office and they can end this for you. I’m glad you enjoyed your break off from work.

@bows22 sorry you have been feeling sooo tired and the bronchitis has been kicking your butt. I hope you feel better soon. I’m glad you had a fun weekend and enjoyed your dinner and drinks.

@runningoncookies Man it seems like everyone had a games night weekend lol. I need one I feel left out 😆 I’m glad you had a good time at your family birthday party too. Sorry you didn’t sleep well on Friday night. I haven’t been sleeping the greatest lately either. 

@krystrist2014 Mmmm.. I love tamales sooo much. I have never made them and would love to learn how. I bet their a lot of work. 

@feather_heather I’m glad you had a great time with your cousin this weekend. I can’t wait to see the before and after pics of the laundry room. 

@kpearse99 Eee.. cycle 46? I’m sorry girl. Sorry tests were negative. aww I’m happy that you and YH will be getting away for a couples weekend. Sounds so fun. I hope you have a great time. You deserve a break to relax. 

@legendairymomma 😆 you made me laugh with your peeing in a McDonald’s cup lol 
  • @bluetickgal add me to the Sunday shopping and laundry routine list too... although I didn't do either of those yesterday  :s  oops!! Let's hope our Monday keeps on flying by!

@mindyb2019 I feel like this is our first time in the same dailies thread  :D woohoo!!! oooo a lazy day off from work sounds AMAZING!!! Sorry AF has been a B this weekend and caused that to happen!! I hope the chair isn't that bad hahaha 
    Our TTC Journey

• @legendairymomma:disappointed:

@bluetickgal - Sunday is also my shopping and laundry day! Except my w/d was unplugged all weekend (and will be for another week-ish) - starting to pile up!

@mindyb2019 - Oh no! I switched to a diva cup almost a year ago and I'll never go back to tampons! I always had leaks, and felt like they weren't even absorbing properly. I'm that creepy girl that is always trying to talk people into trying a cup haha
  • @krystrist2014 I don’t know that I’ve ever had a tamale, but now I really want your homemade ones. Sounds like fun work! And I would def discard that temp if keeps you from getting CH but I bet FF won’t hold it against you. 

@feather_heather I’m glad you have fun this weekend, but even happier that the guys made such great progress. I’m looking forward to seeing the pics! I hope you get your results soon!

@kpearse99 it is helping still! I only used it in the morning yesterday and by the evening I was like whew I definitely need it again! Other than getting winded easily I’m feeling good, but ready to be at 100%. I’m so mad for you about the Monday message!! How did they get that so messed up??

@legendairymomma how old is your BBT? Could it be favoring temps?

@bluetickgal we go to church first but then yep that’s our routine! If I can’t get the laundry done on Sunday my whole week is a disaster, so I’m glad you were still able to get it in! Glad you had a nice time with your family too!

@mindyb2019 oh no I’m sorry! I had that happen at work once and it was so embarrassing! I had to clean the chair so my coworker (female at least, thank god) knew what was happening and I wanted to die. Now I wear a thin pad as backup for the first couple of days. It’s definitely saved me more than once! 
  • @bows22 I only got it in January. 
  • The black box is a show insert. Anyway, its been really good so far. I am taking orally but google says wash it. Ill do that tonight and see if it changes anything. 

• Month/Cycle: 8/8

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: opk, pnv, preseed

R/R: This week is technically FW, but it isn't looking so good.  My DH is beyond stressed and I just don't know if adding one more thing to the plate is a good idea.  He is under the gun for a project at work, the house buying process isn't going super smoothly and he just isn't sleeping.  So we will see what happens.  

TW: super helpful TTC advice: NOT

Also I really love all the people who are like "Just relax and everything will work like magic".  Ummm...thanks for that!  Snarky-ness gone!
  • @krystrist2014 I'd probably discard cd4 and cd6
  • @mindyb2019. I am so sorry that happened.  I had the same problem last week except with khaki pants.  I was like this hasn't happened since high school.  Not cool!

@bows22 stuck folding laundry right now.  Didn't get it all done over the weekend and now behind.  Hope you feel better soon.  

@feather_heather. The Diva cup is always mentioned as a way to be more environmentally friendly on every blog I read.  Just not sure if I am ready to take that step yet.  But glad you love it. 

@kpearse99. That is some stinking news in your morning email.  Hopefully you get the credit you deserve!  
  • @kpearse99 this is first time in the same dailies thread lol let’s cherish this moment 😆 woo hoo!! No the chair wasn’t that bad. Was a smaller spot. My underwear and inside my pants got the worst of it hahaha. 

@dobiemom11 Best advice ever lol NOT 🤨 Friends of mine from work keep saying to me, oh don’t try so hard and it will happen! Umm ok, sure I’ll get right on that. Kind of hard not to try.  I know right. I hadn’t had it happen before ever so I’m like really body? Not cool indeed. That would have been worse in Khaki pants. Sorry that happens to you too. The joys of being a women lol 

@feather_heather haha your funny. maybe I should call you cup girl from now on 😂 JK.. 😉  Ive seen those diva cups before but to be honest, they kinda scare me and creep me out 😆 I don’t know if I’m ready to quite go there either. Does it hurt or feel weird? I just don’t fully understand how they work. I can’t wrap my head around it, 

@_orchid_ Welcome! 😁 Congrats on the two of your fastest miles. It’s nice when AF pisses us off sometimes lol 

• @bows22 they messed it up because no one in upper management knows anything about what happens down here by the "minions". They just don't take the time. It's annoying and frustrating but I guess that's what happens when you work for a large company? Keep taking that inhaler!!!

@_orchid_ Good for you for getting yourself back into running!! And welcome!! For what it's worth, you wouldn't be a Peggy if you join in and participate :) Even if it does end up only being for one cycle!! Peggy's are those that ask questions, usually once, and never take the time to get to know any of us!

@dobiemom11 I HATE when people tell us that!!!  Maybe it's best to take this cycle "off" and just go with the flow and NTNP? We've had a few of those cycles, before doing all of the IF treatment and medicated IUI cycles. Sometimes it's best not to "force it" ya know?
    Our TTC Journey

• @dobiemom11 to play devils advocate...
    Tw: pregnancy/lc
    Sometimes thats exactly what it takes. The cycle I got ku with my D15 we had decided that we were not going to have kids. I had one chemical 9 months  before and nothing since. We stopped tracking anything and trying. We had a lot on our plates (custody of a 2 and 5 year old, I had no job, DH was working and going to school). We had sex once that whole cycle and I was knocked up. 
  • @mindyb2019 glad you have the day off, hope you are enjoying every minute of it! Sorry AF was such a jerk the other day, but glad you were able to go home shortly after! 
    @kpearse99 oops! Haha. Hopefully you’re able to catch up this week...or just make it through before you leave for the weekend! 
    @feather_heather that would stress me out a bit...but it’s gonna be so worth it when you have your new laundry room complete! 
    @bows22 we usually go to early church too (didn’t this week since we were traveling home) and then get all our stuff done...although sleeping in is a bit too temping some weeks! Yeah, I hate doing laundry during the week...so I try my best to get it done on Sunday if at all possible! 
    @_orchid_ welcome!! I did the same thing on holding off to post, g you decided to join us! I’m glad you found a way to take the sting out of CD1 this cycle by signing up for the races! 
    @dobiemom11 maybe you can get in some time in FW that is spontaneous but not so spontaneous (on your part), so it’s not stressful? If not, like @kpearse99 said...maybe this cycle can just be a NTNP cycle and if you get some time in great, but no big deal if not! 
  • Thanks for the welcome! 

@bluetickgal @bows22 laundry and grocery shopping on Sundays here too! We also do most of our cooking for the week in Sunday as well to make it easier for the week. There are some Sundays that are so exhausting we look forward to going to work on Monday!

@dobiemom11 worst advice ever but I always get to a point where I need to take a break for my mental health! I try to mediate and exercise during my TWW to offset all the stress. 

@feather_heather woohoo for progress on your laundry room! I love home improvement projects and hope you share pictures when it's done! Also have considered a cup bc I hate how much waste pads/tampons create but haven't taken the plunge yet. I think I'm too nervous about it getting stuck 😬 (don't even know if that's possible!)

@legendairymomma I've had temps that have been the same / within .01 of each other for 3/4 days in a row and then they change. I always have to do a double take when I see it! 

• @_orchid_ - Welcome! You've already passed the prove you're not a peggy test by reading the rules and lurking lol I hope your stay here with us is short!

@dobiemom11 - My best friend's mom said that to me a couple weeks ago and I actually rolled my eyes at her as I took a sip of my mimosa (to avoid saying anything snarky back). I don't even care if the eye roll was rude, I was beyond annoyed. 

@mindyb2019 - Just call me #creepycupgirl  :D I was really creeped out by them at first, but I had a cruise booked last spring and I was scheduled to get AF that week. I didn't want to have to deal with soggy tampons while at the beach (and not knowing what the bathroom situation would be like) so I bought one. You cannot feel it whatsoever once it is in. It takes some practice getting it in and out, but I can now do it as fast as changing a tampon - and I only have to do it twice a day - once in the morning and once at night! 
  • @gingermama29 they have a house on Emilia Island, which is at the top of Florida. They said they have so many cute shops and bars and restaurants!! So bring on all the drinks and shopping! haha
    Our TTC Journey

• @feather_heather. My therapist keeps telling me that.  Thank goodness for mimosas 😋.

@kpearse99 and @bluetickgal. I think we will just be in the NTNP camp for awhile.  Just wish my planning brain would turn off in the meantime.  

@legendairymomma. Thanks for being the devil's advocate and I hope it works out just like yours did!  I appreciate your story...it does provide hope that this will one day happen.  

@gingermama29. I guess I will have to figure out more about this game.  Sounds like fun and don't all the best games end up with people not talking at the end of the night?
  • @feather_heather I’ve been thinking about switching to a cup recently...I’ve heard such good things and I’m trying to make more environmentally conscious choices! Not quite sure why but I have some sort of mental block about it though haha!

@kpearse99 that’s SO annoying about not getting credit for your project!!

@legendairymomma I got a bunch of flat temps last cycle and it really bothered me much more than it should have! Hopefully you can get it all figured out

@bluetickgal I’m glad you had a good weekend! We have the same Sunday routine...usually DH goes grocery shopping while I clean the house and get the laundry started, and we are a complete mess if we don’t do those things on Sunday haha

@mindyb2019 yikes! I have totally had that happen before, but never at work! Being a lady is no fun sometimes lol

@_orchid_ welcome! I totally feel you on signing up for races to make yourself feel better, I’m glad your runs have been fast recently!
  • Hello! I've just intro'd on the newbie post but thought I would dip my toe in here as well. Looking forward to getting to know you all  :)

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 1. Boo! 

WAYDTGKU: PNV, monitoring CM & CP, using OPKs and HIO.

R/R: I just bit the bullet and submitted my application to finish my postgraduate studies I started and then deferred. I'm an expert procrastinator so really need to hold myself accountable this time around. Also, our local council announced water restrictions were scaled back this week after the recent rain we've had. After years of drought the recent rain we've had has been so welcome but part of me wishes the water restrictions would stay in place as a safeguard.

CS/Q: None at this stage.

• @legendairymomma do you think it’s because you were relaxed though or just coincidence? 

@gingermama29 it’s like you were there 😂😂 

@_orchid_ welcome! glad you took the leap and jumped in!
  • Whomp whomp!  This day just keeps getting better for my DH.  He went and got a massage to relax, but it was terrible.  Then he got home around 8:15 for dinner and heard this buzzing noise. Turns out he ran over a nail.  I feel so terrible that I cant help him with any of this.  Oh well- here is hoping tomorrow goes better for us!