Cravings/Aversions/Symptoms:

Upcoming appts: 

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: All Groups Check In Week of 2/17

• EDD/W+D: 31+6

Team pink/blue/green: pink

Baby is the size of a(n): squash

Cravings/Aversions/Symptoms: wanting all the ice cubes. Some nausea/reflux is here. Not too bad, but it's annoying if this will be a daily thing

Upcoming appts: growth scan and appointment Friday. Next week I start BPP ultrasounds and NSTs.

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    Nervous since 32 weeks is when preeclampsia hit with my son.
    I've gotten into major nesting mode. Got DH to build my son's dresser for his new room, so we can move him into the room at the end of the month and start working on the nursery. Went through all of the newborn/0-3 clothes and am gonna start washing them all soon!
    Just signed up my son for his next set of swim classes and it's bittersweet since this is the first time he'll be in a class on his own without me.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/W+D: 4/30, 29w4d

Team pink/blue/green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): a gallon of milk, Gizmo, squash 

Cravings/Aversions/Symptoms: icks, just icks.  Like my sister from another mister @literatureandink I'm back to first trimester behavior.  Between pregnancy and the constant sicknesses running through my house that I keep catching I have no appetite, what seems like endless indigestion, nausea, and either constipation or diarrhea.  Basically I'm a disaster.  It's going to be a long 9 weeks to the end.       

Upcoming appts: Next week

Rants/Raves/Questions: I'm all rants and no raves since I'm being a negative Nancy so I'll just refrain.  
  • EDD/W+D: 4/15 31+5 ish

Team pink/blue/green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): I can't handle these size things anymore :P

Cravings/Aversions/Symptoms: Lots of reflux the last two days... :(, otherwise feeling ok. No cravings or aversions lately!

Upcoming appts: 3rd Tri Ecography on Weds!

Rants/Raves/Questions: My husbands best friend is an incredibly gifted photographer (@pedrolopes_photography) :P we were supposed to do mat pics on Sunday, and he loves the light that comes through our kitchen windows when the sun is setting but it was raining cats and dogs so obvs that light wouldn't come through, now I am worried to try and find another time where it will work for him as he travels often, and my hubby's busy work sched... and before I am huge!

SO I can't wait to see yours @literaturea@literatureandink and anyone else who has had them done recently!

My mom is hosting an E-baby shower at her house this weekend. My husband and I (in Portugal) will be in our house and broadcasted on the big TV screen in Arizona while we try to participate in as many shower games/chats as possible. Some people ordered things off amazon spain to be delivered here which we will open and my parents will bring some smaller gifts when they visit that they will open there.  I am excited and hope all of the technology goes well, it can be really funny/awkward trying to video call a group but still nice of my mom to prepare this for us. Here in Portugal baby showers aren't much of a thing.

And finally, ugh its only been like 10 days since I have been told to take it easy and try to do as little as possible due to short cervix length. During my dogs daily walk time, she knocks at the window wanting to go outside and then usually misbehaves for an hour or so because she knows its her walk time. Even if I try to play with her or distract her in the house she won't get over it... sooo spoiled I know, but I feel her! I wish I could take her out too. The upside of not being able to do my walks or exercise is that I have gotten a lot done baby learning wise, been reading a lot, finally prepared a birth plan, been reading lots of research about all sorts of stuff, etc.

• @korthouse I love a peanut buster parfait!

@Kathryn0903 I've decided I'm going to start to pull out clothes tonight

So excited for everyone having their showers!  I feel like we need another one this time around since DD2 and this one will be so close in age we'll need double of a bunch of stuff.  
  • @ejoseph16 Yes! It's like the worst game of Tetris but I feel like there is always a solution. Our big need is storage, but I think we might go for the EKET wall mounted cubes above our change table area. They don't take up floor space, which is now at a premium, and we can have wipes and such at the ready in them. Also looks like we're going to be removing our closet door because that corner is the only spot with room for a crib. Yaaaay.

@literatureandink Don't get me wrong, I'm EXTREMELY curious! I'm hoping there are no complications or concerns from here on out that would warrant an ultrasound because I don't know that we could stay strong like that again! Our 20 week ultrasound was a nail biter! 
  • @nicoleyolee What a cool concept an e-shower is! I love that you and baby can be celebrated from across the ocean! I can't wait to hear about it! :-)

@kfrob We WILL get through this. Maybe we're just extra miserable because our babies are extraaaaaa cool? lolll
  • @literatureandink being team green is getting increasingly difficult, but at this point there’s really no turning back. Plus it’s fun now with showers! We are having everyone guess for games and stuff like that! So far team pink is winning, probably a bit biased because my gut tells me pink, but eh... oh well! Lol. We just had our maternity pics done last week in the snow, they turned out gorgeous! I’m sure yours are beautiful! 

@nicoleyolee your E-shower sounds awesome! Are you originally from Arizona? I lived there to teach for a few years and loved it! We just had our maternity pictures done, same reason. I didn’t want to feel huge. Lol. 

@korthouse those cubes sound genius. We are getting a changing table made to go on top of baby’s dresser in their nursery for space, though it looks like a bigger room without all MH’s junk in there. 🤣😂 I’ll probably move baby into it’s own room quicker than normal just to get our bedroom back. Right now I’m considering a pack and play for our bedroom with the changing table next to the bassinet insert. Space saver. 🤦🏼‍♀️ 
  • EDD/W+D: 30+5 CS 4/16

Team pink/blue/green: Green 

Baby is the size of a(n): football 
    Measured 4lb 12oz at our US today😳

Cravings/Aversions/Symptoms: loving all food except pork right now. New craving for Greek yogurt lately. 
    Reflux has been coming back and have been getting light headed often. 

Upcoming appts: Won’t have another OB appt until 3/19 which is hard to believe I only have 4 appts left!

Rants/Raves/Questions: DH finished DS’s room so we will hopefully start working on the nursery in a couple of weeks when he returns from military duty! 
    Anyone else have a breech baby? US today showed baby butt down and feet up at their head. Luckily I’m having a CS so I’m not worried about needing them to turn, but curious if it will bring extra issues/probability of flipping/etc. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • EDD/W+D: April 3rd, 33 weeks, 3 days 

Team pink/blue/green: 
    Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): head of cauliflower 

Cravings/Aversions/Symptoms: no cravings or aversions, but I get full really easily and can’t eat as much in one sitting. Haven’t had as much back or pelvis pain this week, but the jabs to the ribs have started....

Upcoming appts: February 25th with the midwife 

Rants/Raves/Questions: @literatureandink my baby shower is also this weekend! I’m looking forward to it! I’m excited to see everyone and to start organizing the nursery some more. I also contacted and booked a newborn photographer already, which I thought had great prices and a great portfolio, so I’m happy about that! 
  • @babyrummom How exciting!!! I can’t wait to hear about everyone’s showers! It’s crazy that we’re already in shower territory!!
  • @mandarenee898 So glad to hear that the NST & BPP both went well!!
  • EDD/W+D: April 7 / 33 weeks

Team pink/blue/green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): Bunch of celery

Cravings/Aversions/Symptoms: I think I’m over my Mexican craving for now. I found myself really wanting fruit yesterday - I think I was dehydrated. I’ve been eating way too much ice cream lately, so I guess I’ve officially succumbed to that stereotype. 🙃 Clearly I’m posting in the middle of the night, so...insomnia is back!

Upcoming appts: March 11 for 36 week ultrasound and group B testing

Rants/Raves/Questions: My office threw me a really sweet shower last week. We played baby-themed pictionary, and it was delightful! They also gave me a group gift that included my diaper bag and some other *needed* supplies! 

• @korthouse We ran into the same issue when setting up our nursery. I was so sure the crib was going to work against the same wall as the closet, and it was just barely too wide. I think we have an arrangement that will work just fine, but it means I don’t have a stand for my nursing supplies. Planning to go the basket route, which may be better anyway because I’ll be able to take it to any room...

@Kathryn0903We’re all rooting for you as you approach the 32 week benchmark! I did my first load of baby laundry this weekend, but it was mostly to wash crib sheets, blankets, and changing pad covers. I did throw in the few newborn/0-3 onesies I have just in case!

@nicoleyolee I hope the technology works out for you! That's such a neat concept!

@babyrummom and @literatureandink My shower/open house is this coming weekend as well. I’m excited to celebrate with everyone, but I’m honestly more excited to have it over so I can start buying the rest of what we need to finish preparing for baby! I’m a little worried that most of my family will buy whatever they want (and not from the registry), and I will still need to buy the essentials. We have a small house and we try to be fairly minimalist, so this has been a major stressor for me!
  • @korthouse - so frustrating! Glad you found a work-around. We just plain don't have room for baby in room, but nursery is right next door. We had to take the closet door off in the nursery too, so we would have a place for a rocking chair. Such a headache!

• I’m too far behind to tag everyone right now, but loving the updates. 

EDD/W+D: April 11 32w3d

Team pink/blue/green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): Armadillo? She was over 5 pounds based on my scan last week. 

Cravings/Aversions/Symptoms: I still really want sugar, but I’m trying not to have too much. Today I want coffee, but that’s just because I’m tired. 

Upcoming appts: Standard OB next week. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: Like @Brags0607, my baby was frank breech at the last appointment. I’m hoping she’ll turn so I can avoid a c-section. I have noticed some movement lower down the past few days, so I’m hoping that’s a good sign. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @danibean19 Oh man, that hoagie thing made me extra ragey for you!!!!!  Who tortures a pregnant lady with food she can't eat at her own party! 
  • @KFrob @danibean19 At my first shower with DS, the people throwing it hadn’t had kids in a long time, so they didn’t think of new recommendations on food. They served cold cuts and chicken salad. Also a fruit bowl that was mostly pineapple (which I’m allergic too). I just ate a ton of the desserts and told DH we had to pick up food on the way home. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @danibean19 Oh man if there were italian hoagies at my shower I would refuse to let anyone eat them! I'm selfish like that. lol 

@jenabary I totally know what you mean about being anxious to buy the rest of the stuff and just FINISH already. I'm really looking forward to mine and have been REALLY trying not to peek at my registry but from I'm gleaned...lots of necessary stuff still needs to be purchased.
  • EDD/W+D: 4/20 eviction date but I keep having a feeling he is going to show early.

Baby is the size of a(n): an animal, fruit and vegetable whos sizes make no sense to eachother or potential current size of the baby.

Cravings/Aversions/Symptoms: Anything remotely spicy is a no and I have serious night time reflux. Trying to find a good fun drink other than water for dinner that doesn't make me feel like breathing fire.

Upcoming appts: Not for a few weeks, but I need to call them bc they didn't put an US and we are still watching placenta placement, so....

Rants/Raves/Questions: Just feeling so big now and this babe is lower than my last two so I am not used to it. Might need a belly band this round.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • EDD/W+D: April 14/ 32w

Baby is the size of a(n): scooter board...we have one of those and I seriously doubt that. These comparisons make no sense. 

Cravings/Aversions/Symptoms: all the fruit, especially apples. 

Upcoming appts: tomorrow, I have a growth scan and an OB Appointment. Fingers crossed baby boy has also flipped

Rants/Raves/Questions: this past weekend and week were awful with flu and infections for DS. He’s doing much better but I lost years off my life worrying about him. Luckily no one else caught the flu. 

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020

• KFrobKFrob member
    edited February 2020
    @coaster102516 Glad to hear your DS is doing better!!  

I agree with everyone that these size comparisons make no sense!  

edit grammar
  • @coaster102516 I’m glad DS is doing better and I hope baby has flipped! I’m hoping baby girl has flipped too but I have a bad feeling she hasn’t. Trying not to worry about it until 36 weeks...

@korthouse love the song 😂😂😂
  • EDD/W+D: April 12 / 32+3

Baby is the size of a(n): squash, naked-tailed armadillo

Cravings/Aversions/Symptoms: No real cravings, I usually can't think of anything I want to eat. Not really any aversions either, just kind of blah. Heartburn all the time. I don't buy the whole "That means baby will have a head full of hair" thing though; I had crazy heartburn with my first 2 and they were both practically bald. I'm feeling like my lungs aren't quite as crowded as before, so maybe he has dropped? Belly seems a bit lower but it might be all in my head. I dunno. 

Upcoming appts: Ultrasound and 32 week checkup on Thursday. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: Not really a rant or rave I guess but I've kind of been almost in denial about being pregnant. It's been a hard year (not bad, just hard with work issues, money issues, etc.) following a difficult pregnancy with my April 2019 baby. Getting pregnant unexpectedly so soon after that was a bit of a shock. A happy surprise, but a shock nonetheless. We had struggled getting pregnant with my first two and I honestly thought we were done. The fact that this has been a really uneventful pregnancy with no issues (a welcome change from my last one!) has made it easy to almost put it at the back of my mind most of the time with everything else going on in my life. Now we're getting towards the end and I'm suddenly trying to figure out where all the time went and what we still need and my goodness there's so much to do. 🤦‍♀️
  • EDD/W+D: April 30th - 29w6d today! 

Team pink/blue/green: Team Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): I'm going with a bunch of broccoli or zucchini since I'm practically 30 weeks 

Cravings/Aversions/Symptoms: Still trying to add sour cream or cream cheese to everything, and my mom brought me peanut butter chocolate chip cookies because she loves me but also I cannot stop eating them. Let's hope I don't gain too much weight between now and next Tuesday. I also desperately want a cold Wawa Italian hoagie with salt and vinegar chips, but I can only have one of those things right now. 

Upcoming appts: February 25th - regular check up as far as I know :) 

Rants/Raves/Questions: Rant: I'm not sure why I'm scheduled for a later lunch at work today, and because we're light on staff, I don't have anyone to switch with so that I can take it earlier, and I'm so hungry already. (1.5 hours now till my 1 hour lunch break) My work schedule is all screwy today, and I think it's making me extra grumpy. Rave: I really am grateful for some of the friends I have in my life. This past weekend demonstrated that to me as my friends threw me a lovely shower and made me feel so very loved, and this morning, my friend just randomly texted me to tell me she bought a bottle drying rack for me because it was on sale. No questions that I can think of - probably because I'm too busy thinking about getting my hands on the pie that one of my co-workers put in the break room. :lol: 
  • @chrissdee I had serious heartburn my last 2 kids- both born with and kept full heads of hair. Less heartburn and reflux this time, so I am interested to see...

@sbalding88 I made this last night for the first time- sour cream, cream cheese, all the bad for you things but the spinach and tomato and I added artichoke and mushrooms made it feel better. It was good. I covered in foil and just uncovered and broiled like 6mins at the end. DH loved it, and I plan to make it and freeze as part of my meal plans now. https://www.joyouslydomestic.com/2013/04/chicken-and-spinach-pasta-bake.html
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • EDD/W+D: April 7, 33+1

Team pink/blue/green: Pink!

Baby is the size of a(n): good question...

Cravings/Aversions/Symptoms:Still wanting all the chocolate and fruit! 

Upcoming appts: Next midwife appointment is Mar. 4

Rants/Raves/Questions: Just called our family doctor to officially confirm that she would be taking on the new baby as a patient, only to find out that she's retiring at the end of June. Some patients are being transferred to another doctor in the practice, but there isn't enough space for everyone. So I have to go in and find out if we are being kept or not... NOT what I needed to find out, but I guess better now than when they send out the official letter next month and I'm about to pop
  • sbalding88sbalding88 member
    edited February 2020
    @smallbutmighty77 Oooh man, I'm going to have to make that meal soon. I like the idea of making something that satisfies those cravings but also isn't the worst thing to put into my body. I'm super supportive of smothering my veggies in yummy deliciousness. ;) Also, my husband loves the lemon and lime sparkling water he gets from the store. I don't like it myself, but it's a little more fun than plain water. I'm boring and mostly just drink water these days - with occasional indulgences with Sprite and ginger ale if I feel nauseated. 

@Sailing_Mama Normally, they're really good about giving us time for breaks and such; I have an amazing boss who has made concessions for me regularly. My body has been accustomed to taking a snack break mid-morning, having my lunch about 2 hours later, and then taking another snack break mid-afternoon about 2 hours after that. I can't eat as much at a time these days without incurring the wrath of heartburn, so I get hungry so freaking fast. But today we had a special event and all of our schedules got jacked up, and our breaks are all over the place. And I can't eat while on the public service desks so I have to find someone to cover me to take a break, and we were short on people until 2:30 PM so I suffered through it. But as I still feel off even after my lunch break, I think I might have made the wrong call. On the off chance something like this happens again, I'm going to have to speak up, even if it's inconvenient. :( 
  • @danibean19 I've been craving Italian hoagies like CRAZY! I would have hurt someone if they had them at my shower, but they thankfully brought pizza and lasagna because I told them I love all things Italian food right now. There was only one dish I couldn't eat at my shower, which is probably why I ate way too much. I also would have cried and probably passed out on the floor if I had to have stayed at my shower till 7 PM. Mine also started at one, and I was dead tired by 4 PM when most everyone had left, an hour after the shower was officially done. And yes, I'm totally over people telling me that I don't know what tired really feels like when I feel like I could fall asleep standing up already. Yes, I'll probably be more tired with a newborn, but you know what, it's not exactly encouraging to a momma whose already anxious about those first few weeks. I much prefer the people who are like, "You'll get the hang of it!" and give me hands-on advice that will actually help me in those initial days. I hug those people because I'm so relieved to not be told about being tired the next 18 years. 
  • @smallbutmighty77 that bake sounds delicious. I really just want to bake sour cream and cream cheese and then some
    more cheese and then just eat it with a spoon. Mmmmm
  • @Sailing_Mama It's coming up next week so I'll make sure to post about it! Thanks for checking in  :)
  • @korthouse Wow talk about baby brain... I totally read feb 18 haha 
  • EDD/W+D: April 5 // 33 + 3 

Baby is the size of a(n): Celery? 

Cravings/Aversions/Symptoms: Nothing in particular. I just haven’t been eating the greatest mostly due to being lazy (groceries and cooking). 

I’m definitely getting more and more uncomfortable. So much pelvic & groin pain. Random rib pain the last few days and last night I was up for about 2 hours with a terrible stomach ache !! 

I don’t know why the pelvic pain because my baby’s head isn’t even down there! He’s been hanging out breech and transverse still. Seems to be a few babies in that situation right now! He was transverse all day and it felt so weird when he stretched out sideways and tickled my sides! 

Upcoming appts: Next Friday prenantal appt 

Rants/Raves/Questions: I only have about 2.5 weeks of work left! That is insane to me. I can’t believe I’ll be gone for 13 months after that. It honestly makes me a bit sad.. my coworkers are some of my closest friends. I’m ready for the shift work and 12+ hour shifts to be over though!! 
  • @sbalding88 Don't let people scare you with the "you think you're tired now" comments.  Honestly, I find the 3rd trimester harder than the newborn phase.  The physical toll it takes on your body plus not sleeping destroys me.  Once the baby is an outside baby, sure you're sleep deprived but you're also physically feeling so much better.