Upcoming appts: 

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
Me: 37 | H: 44
**TW**
TTC #1: May 2015
IF DX January 2016- Me: Right sided hydrosalpinx 
Right tube removed: February 2016
Acupuncture + TCM: March 2016
BFP: July 4, 2016 | DS: March 2017 (39w 2d)
TTC #2: April 2019
BFP #2: April 2019 | CP: April 30, 2019 (4w 2d)
BFP #3: July 15, 2019
EDD: March 23, 2020

Re: All Groups Check In w/o 2/10

• Loading the player...
  • @momoftoddlers my Braxton Hicks contractions are picking up in intensity now. When they happen I have to breathe through them a bit. I remember this from DS. No actual contractions for me just yet and hoping I don't until it's game time. Hang in there! He'll be here soon.💙
    **TW**

• @EmilyLove25 how do you know if baby is posterior? 
    **TW**

• @grga unless you have GD, do you really need to control cravings? I’m eating whatever I want ha. 

@EmilyLove25 you are vegan and don’t drink? You have exceptional discipline  :o 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• 100% about giving in to cravings at this point... 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Oh my gosh!! Induction next week @heyahelmett SO exciting! I need to get the "birth story" thread up soon then  :)

**TW**

• @puppylove8910 Well, they did an US for me a few weeks back and baby was—as were my last. I also have an anterior placenta so it is more likely. BUT I can tell from the movements. A few things: you can feel little fingers roaming around your cervix/lower uterus, you don’t really feel “kicks,” you can feel (and SEE) the butt/back moving in crazy positions, and, for me, movements feel JUST like they did with DS. That said, most posterior babies rotate during birth.

@grga I am likely “leaving” work March 2 at the latest and am due 3/12. That said, I expect this baby at least a week early, so who knows. I’m so jealous you are really almost done with work!

@silverhope haha I am pretty disciplined, but I’ve been a vegan since I was VERY young (vegetarian at 6, vegan at 11), so I don’t know what I am missing, if that makes sense!

@heyahelmett OMG SO SO soon for you!

*TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• EDD/W+D: 3/27 33w + 4d

Team pink/blue/green: pink!

Baby is the size of a(n): celery

Cravings/Aversions/Symptoms: Homemade baked goods, have been making muffins and cookies from scratch every weekend. No aversions really, but I did have to leave the lunch room early yesterday because I did NOT care for the smell of whatever my coworker heated up in the microwave. I think LO is head down now, lots of pressure in the bladder, which is now waking me up at night in addition to just being uncomfortable due to the bump. I don't have swelling or anything which is nice. Still dealing with extra congestion and a few bloody noses.

Upcoming appts: next Tuesday, which is the last of the biweeklies, and then starting weeklies the first Tuesday in March!

Rants/Raves/Questions: Rant: SO done with work, it's our slow season plus I have extra help because I'm training my replacement while I'm leave. Knowing leave is around the corner is making me so unmotivated.

Rave: On the other hand, I'm loving how much time I've gotten to spend in the evenings and on the weekends with DH. We're getting so much done around the house and having such nice quality time before LO comes.

Questions: I'm out of questions I think! Our hospital tour plus our childbirth class from last week has me feeling prepared. I finally sat down and wrote my birth plan yesterday too. I'm considering taking an online breastfeeding class, although breastfeeding info was included in one section of our childbirth class, so not sure if I would just be getting repeat information. 

• grgagrga member
    edited February 2020
    Hahaha! Not trying to gain to much weight. I blew up with my my first DS.. feels like I'm already being choked out by my large breastasis.
  • @creativesoul63 you should try a humidifier in your room! I was having congestion and bloody noses the whole time. Especially with the dry heat from our heat in the winter. Two weeks ago I picked up a little humidifier from aldi and I wake up so much clearer and no bloody noses! It was really the strangest thing as I’ve never experienced them before. Feel so much better! 
  • @chichiphin Your contractions sound like mine. @stassischroeder I think it's all a guessing game but to me they're more "real" than Braxton Hicks because they come on when I'm sitting around doing nothing (not when I overexert myself) and they don't go away if I drink water or change positions. And there's always one strong enough where I'm like, this is it I should start counting. But then they're gone! I had two nights of them over the weekend and now I haven't had any more. 
  • EDD/W+D: March 10

Team pink/blue/green: pink

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Cravings/Aversions/Symptoms: Definitely sore in the pelvic region.. baby is head down and super low.  It feels like she is ready to fall out or something... I've definitely got the waddle going on.  Also tired, I feel like I could sleep for days.  

Upcoming appts: weekly monitoring w/ ultrasound and NSTs (due to GD).  At my last appointment, I was told I could be induced at 39 weeks due to the GD, but I'm hoping to hold out for natural labor to start.. One OB I saw told me they were perfectly fine with waiting for natural labor, the other told me I 'had' to induce by 39 weeks.. so.. yeah. I have no idea what to think at this point.

Rants/Raves/Questions: Sort-of Rant.. I feel so unprepared for this LO.. I still need to wash/put away clothes, get the basinett/swing/baby seat out of the basement and clean the stuff, and buy diapers and a car seat.  
  • @treetop19 same on feeling unprepared. I finally washed clothes and sheets, but i need to get them put away and the bassinet set up and pack my hospital bag...and finish DS’ big boy room. Ugh. But so tired. Such little motivation to do more than the bare minimum.
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @momoftoddlers that’s exactly how my contractions feel!  I don’t call them BH because they happen just as often when I’m idle and hydrated.  I don’t remember feeling that at all with my other two kids. 

@treetop19 crossing my fingers that labor conveniently initiates before more induction talk.  So interesting how different opinions can be about how to manage labor (even within the same practice.) I think the website Evidence Based Birth has a whole write up on GD. 

@creativesoul83 thats so awesome you are feeling so prepared after your tour and class!  A friend did the Medela online breastfeeding class last year, and if I remember there was a coupon code online so it was free. Kellymom.com is a fantastic website for troubleshooting and reviewing what to expect in the early days also. 
  • uno_masuno_mas member
    edited February 2020
    EDD/W+D:  3/22 34w3d

Team pink/blue/green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): butternut squash

Cravings/Aversions/Symptoms: I always crave soup this time of year.  (Anyone have any favorite recipes to share?  Need to change it up!) For symptoms, just the usual sore hips at night, and sore everything if I sit too long especially in the car. Never got around to physical therapy and yoga seems to be aggravating the pubic symphysis pain. I think it’s just time to take it easy. The weepiness seems to be a little better this week thankfully because that was throwing me more than physical symptoms.  

Upcoming appts: Mon 2/17 with the midwife.  Decided to skip the 3rd tri ultrasound 

Rants/Raves/Questions: Probably finishing work after next week (week 35).  I’m feeling ready to be home and settle in and also really nostalgic for the things I love about my job and my clients.  Some of them have been so hard to say goodbye to, and have been so sweet for our last shifts together and given gifts to the baby. 
  • @momoftoddlers yes!! that is exactly what happens with mine - I'm not doing anything & water/changing positions does nothing. I clocked about 4 of them at 40 sec each with 1 min between before they stopped for a bit.... I'm only 33+1 so I'm not freaked out yet but geeze if this continues and I'm 37 weeks it'll be a false alarm every other day!
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• EDD/W+D: 3/7; 36+6

Team pink/blue/green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): two mason jars stacked?

Cravings/Aversions/Symptoms: I've been much more tired this week and just generally feel bad.

Upcoming appts: I went today and I'm already over 50% effaced and 1 cm dilated! Next apt is 2/21.

Rants/Raves/Questions: Feeling excited but also like I have a ton to do. I'm a FTM- I know I can sit at 1 cm dilated for weeks but I'm still encouraged that there has been some progress! 
  • @chichipin This happened with my first too and I was a basket case. I think that's why my doctor finally induced me at 39 weeks bc she just couldn't deal with my nerves anymore. I hope for both our sakes things are more clear this time around! But don't be afraid to check in with your doctor if you're confused.