August 2020 Moms

February Symptoms

We finally made it to February. Talk
about your symptoms here. Any better? Any worse? Anything new?

Re: February Symptoms

• My first time posting symptoms. Yesterday was my last day on progesterone and today I am unable to keep any food in. I have thrown up thrice. This hasn’t happened before. Does anyone have experience with giving up progesterone and the effects of that? I started my 12th week today...
  • cross posting from January symptoms--- I didn't remember that it's February!

TMI ahead:

This weekend I had my first ever vomiting of absolutely nothing. I couldn't stop and nothing came up except what looked like saliva. My guess is I had waited too long to eat breakfast and my stomach was all pissed at me about it. Aside from that, I broke a bunch of blood vessels in my face because of the extremeness of the action. The blood vessel thing has happened to me before but not after throwing up nothing. Now, I look like I have a million freckles/tiny bruises around my eyes. Awesome. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMe: 40  H: 38

***TW***

****trigger warning****

1 LC, girl 5 years old

TTC #2 Summer 2017

BFP 1/5/2018, MC (D & E) 2/23/2018

TTCAL May 2018

BFP 9/20/2018, MC (D & E) 11/16/2018 :'(

• Loading the player...
  • @lachnessmomster She slept for 14 hours last night and today she has ate more than she ate all weekend. She's also spent more time today on the floor with legos than she has lying on the couch. I think tomorrow we will be back to business as usual, but I'm keeping her home from all activities until Wednesday assuming she gets her color back and her poor eyes heal up some. The poor thing busted blood vessels in her eyes puking so hard so she looks like a tiny drug addict. It's been rough, she hasn't been this sick in a couple of years but I think we're finally around the bend here. I'm already thinking of buying a new medicine ball to roll around against for some low back stuff, does that help you at all? I found some good stretches really helped me last go around. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @RedBaramid So happy to hear she's on the up and is getting some food in her belly!  I've actually not tried the medicine ball trick, but now I'm looking forward to giving it a go. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • laur84nslaur84ns member
    edited February 2020
    @amgpg25 I took progesterone with my last 2 pregnancies and don’t remember any uptick in nausea when going off it it. Sorry! I hope you feel better soon!

@Mommy2Boys87 Wow, good for you keeping up your workouts even though you’re not feeling great. I am feeling nauseous 24/7 and just cannot fathom getting on the treadmill right now. I’m really hoping this nausea goes away soon so I can’t start eating better and working out again! I am also not finding out the sex of the baby this time around (I have 2 girls already) and am looking forward to coming up with a gender neutral nursery! Not looking forward to having to come up with a solid boys and girls name though :smirk:

As for me, still feeling sick all the time. Ugh. Going to ask my dr about medication tomorrow. 
  • I have had headaches and migraines all my life that I can remember. But these last 3 weeks have been the worst my headaches have ever been in terms of frequency. Thank God no migraines (im on a preventative med for it) as I’m non-functional when I get those but I have had to take Tylenol multiple times a day every day of the last 3 weeks except 3 days. I’m taking in at least 2 liters of water a day plus usually a glass of milk so I don’t feel dehydrated. Anyone else having this? I teach kindergarten and have a toddler so “finding quiet space” or “relaxing” is pretty much impossible during a headache. Anyone find relief other than constant Tylenol? I hve a doctors appointment tomorrow so intend to ask there but looking for others input as well
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • @sarah0985 I too have suffered from headaches and migraines most of my life. I was never on medication for it though. I would just usually go for my extra strength Advil. Seemed to be the only thing that worked for me. There was a time around 10 weeks where the headaches started for me, I woke up a couple mornings with a migraine. 
    I have a cooling gel eye mask and full face mask I put on when the headaches get to be too much. It even helped ease a bit of the migraine combined with Tylenol. I sleep with a humidifier every night, it seems to help as well. 
    I hope you can find relief x

My energy has been lowww, I find myself back to wanting afternoon naps. I’ve also been battling an awful cold for the last week. I’m mainly just stuffed up now, thank goodness. 
    Aches and pains have been real this week as well. Random jabs in my abdomen, or what felt like tightening and squishing around? coughing and sneezing (which was seriously non-stop) was getting quite painful - I’d curl into a ball and brace for it 😂 
    also, I have a wisdom tooth breaking through on my left side 😖. Perfect timing really. Ugh. I had to have a couple Tylenol today, the pressure from my sinuses and pain from my tooth was just too much. 
    Making an appointment with my dentist ASAP!
  • @sarah0985 I’m so sorry about your headaches. I’ve had them intermittently the past month and one was 3 days long. Are you drinking any caffeine? I have a cup of coffee every morning, but if I get a bad headache then a little extra coffee or a coke really helps with the headache.  Hope you feel better soon! @charhar0820   I love the idea of the cooling gel ice mask. I have one of those frozen jade rollers, but I haven’t tried using it for headaches. I’m sorry about the tooth pain. That timing really sucks.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @charhar0820 I had my wisdom tooth taken out when I was pregnant. It wasn’t nearly as bad as I imagined it may be. I hope you find relief soon. 

@tara4910 I gave up the coffee as it was repulsive to me (😫 makes me sad because I miss it) but I did replace it with coke for caffeine and I have a Tylenol tension headache med which has caffeine. Sometimes it takes care of it but sometimes not. I usually wake up with them so not sure as I’ve never woke up with headaches from caffeine withdrawal before. 
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • RedBaramid I have felt like that before. Have you tried to increase your water intake? I notice when I don't enough water, what my body thinks is enough, I feel extra bloated. 

@sarah0985  I get headaches from time to time. Recently I've been feeling them behind my eyes as well. I haven't take anything for them because Tylenol doesn't really do much for them. 
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• @sarah0985 oh no! Waking up with them is the worst. Hopefully it’s just a hormone shift and they will improve soon. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I look like I'm going through puberty again.  :( Also, heartburn. Why is it starting so early?!
  • Heartburn here too! It didn't happen until much later with my last pregnancy. I keep the tums right by my bed. 
  • @blackgirlmagic "Their second and third cousins." :D:D:D
  • I had a nose bleed this week. Hadn’t had one since I was pregnant last time
    Craft Blog
  • No additional hairs, but I do regularly have darker hairs, particularly on the right side of my chin. I'm plucking every few days to keep up. 
  • No hairs yet for me, but my skin has been broken out for a couple of weeks now and I'm over it. 
  • I don’t seem
    to be having any of the hair issues (yet) but you guys are cracking me up over here! :lol:

Has anyone had their symptoms of morning sickness and fatigue get a lot better around 10 weeks? It seems a bit early for these symptoms to all but disappear but maybe it has something to do with the placenta taking over hormone production around this time? @riatortillaxo I think you mentioned after feeling miserable two weekends ago, you magically felt much better later on in the week, around 10 weeks (if I recall correctly!) Ate you still feeling pretty good? After my miserable weekend I woke up on Tuesday feeling pretty great. I honestly cannot remember if my (incredibly mild) nausea just vanished suddenly last pregnancy or when it went away or anything.... 
  • @tara4910 insomnia is hitting me too. DH was snoring and I nearly kicked him out before I found ear plugs.
    I am starting to get uncomfortable on my back-- I can feel my heart beating throughout my entire body. It's too early for my belly to be heavy on my lungs at 11 weeks, right? I'm already tired of being tired.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMe: 40  H: 38

***TW***

****trigger warning****

1 LC, girl 5 years old

TTC #2 Summer 2017

BFP 1/5/2018, MC (D & E) 2/23/2018

TTCAL May 2018

BFP 9/20/2018, MC (D & E) 11/16/2018 :'(

• @laur84ns I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow and I've noticed the past few days I've been feeling a bit better nausea-wise.  It's still there but not as prevalent and not as frequent.  Yesterday was actually a good day!  Insomnia is starting to creep in.. it's been pretty sporadic but came the past two nights for a few hours... hoping this is not a new trend.

@radiohd18 I felt like that when I was stretched out on the couch last night, but not totally laying flat.  I felt like it was a little hard for me to breathe and was hoping I wasn't catching anything.  It didn't happen when I went to bed and I like to lay on my back.  Hope it's just things shifting around in there... I had just eaten dinner before so maybe that added to it?  And I totally feel you and am so tired of being tired too!   :s 
    Me: 33  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girl  <3
  • @laur84ns, someone just told me 9 weeks is peak symptoms, and it ramps up from nothing to that, and then starts to ramp down after that until you're out of 1st Tri. Who knows? I feel like no one actually knows. 
  • @laur84ns Yes! My nausea and morning sickness has been almost completely gone since last Wednesday. BUT today was rough! Not sure if it was just a fluke. I will have to see how the rest of the week goes. Such a roller coaster ..... 
  • @coldlife Haha true, no one actually knows! Drs can’t even explain why some women have morning sickness while others don’t (I’ve done a bunch of research in the topic while I was miserably sick, haha!) I guess for me my symptoms ramped up until 10 weeks then because I’ve now had two days of feeling mostly fine (though my fatigue came back today after a 1 day break, and I did have a nap!)

@riatortillaxo Ok interesting, we seem to be on the same morning sickness cycle so far! Haha. I’ll look out for one particularly bad day next week then ;)
  • Y’all my bellybutton is already stretching out and becoming more outie. I don’t think it did this until like 30 weeks last time!!
    Craft Blog
  • Anyone else feeling cramps?  Or cramp-like?  I'm 11w1d...  I feel like this past week or so I've been feeling crampiness almost everyday.  I'm hoping it's just things moving and my uterus stretching?
    Me: 33  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girl  <3
  • @ziggymama06 Yes, but my Dr. said not to worry as long as you're not having spotting with it. It is likely exactly what you said - the uterus stretching and everything moving :)
  • @ziggymama06 It could your uterus getting ready to get out of your pelvis or you may not be hydrated enough. So make sure you are drinking enough. My nurse was like take what you normally drink and double that, then it's enough. Also, did you get your NIPT back yet?
  • @ziggymama06 when I feel like that I increase my water intake. When I'm not drinking enough water my body will tell me by cramping some. 
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019