August 2020 Moms
Options

February Symptoms

Re: February Symptoms

• Options
    @kgrgreen @wildrainbow @blackgirlmagic Thank you girls.  I was mildly panicking just because it was over a few days.  The thing is that I normally drink ~80-100oz of water not pg... Years ago I forced myself to join the water wagon and now I'm just addicted.  I can't imagine that I need to drink like 200 oz now?!  I'm only 5'0 and not even exercising regularly now bc I have no energy.
    Me: 33  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girl  <3
  • Options
    @amgpg25 I took progesterone last pregnancy and I did not have morning sickness after stopping, but my doctor had me wean off. I went from taking it twice a day, to once a day, to once every 36 hours, to every other day, then not at all. And she had me do this in 3 day increments. 

Its been 2 weeks since my big vomit day. I'm feeling slight better nausea wise. But I have the gross taste in my mouth where I have to force myself to eat bc everything seems gross. Only 2 more weeks in first tri, hoping all the food related symptoms go away soon.
    STM DS (June 18 BMB vet)
    Married Aug 2016 Me 30 :D / DH 34
    CS scheduled 7/26-8/12 Due 8/30
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ziggymama06 I don't track how much water I intake, I just drink until my body feels satisfied. I feel like whatever the norm is, throw it out the window because anything can go while pregnant. 
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• Options
    @babytimeagain I'm 4'11 too! I'm glad your nausea is getting better, that is always such a relief!
  • Options
    Another shorty over here! 5’2” :smile:

Ok to those who have been complaining of insomnia - I truly felt bad for you guys but forgot HOW BAD IT IS!!!! I have a 10 month old who wakes up 1-3 times still every night and normally I have no problem getting right back to sleep after settling her. However over the last few nights I’ve noticed it takes me longer to get back to sleep....last night I didn’t get back to sleep at all! :worried: My daughter actually had a good a night, slept until 2:30am but once I got her back down at 2:45 I could not get back to sleep! I was still awake, tossing and turning, when she finally woke for good at 5:45 :disappointed:  Thank god it was “my morning” to sleep in this weekend because I did finally go back to sleep from 6:30-8:30 while DH took the kids downstairs to play. Oh man. Other than that I was going to have to be functioning on 4 hrs of sleep today. It was just awful laying awake wanting desperately to sleep and knowing I needed the sleep! Has anyone found anything that’s helped?! I don’t remember having insomnia this bad until well into my second or even into my third trimester in previous pregnancies :disappointed:
  • Options
    @laur84ns I've had awful insomnia and taking a Unisom when I get into bed has helped a lot. I can get about 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep with it (probably could get more than that, but I always seem to have to pee in the middle of the night). I kinda think it helps me fall back asleep faster when I do wake up. I don't want to be dependent on it even though I don't think it's habit forming, so I take it 2-3 nights in a row and then try and sleep 1-2 without it. Going to bed at 830 helps too, but I'm a FTM who can probably get away with that a little more. 
  • Options
    I used to struggle with insomnia, and then I became a parent and I was working full time and I got to the point where after my kid hit the bed so did I and DH laughed because I was often actually asleep before her... This trend went on until this pregnancy happened and I am not pleased with it. 1-2am and I am finally settled in.. and now my husband sends me to nap when he gets home from work because I look so tired and I feel like he's enabling me.  

Every day I commit to a "no nap" day and most days I lose. We also think it's funny any time I try to reset my clock because we know it will be off the next day anyway.  At this point I'm just treating it like newborn practice. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @wednesdaygirl1019 Trust me, I want to take ALL the unisoms but my 10 month d still wakes up a couple times a night so I don’t think that would work for me :disappointed:

@psychobutthead Hmm I wonder if I can take melatonin while breastfeeding? Im
    going to look into that!
  • Options
    I don't know if anyone else is dealing with this, but it is literally painful to sit for extended periods of time. I am a medical coder so i literally sit at a computer for 8 hours everyday abd my chair never bothered me before but in the last few weeks I feel like I am constantly fidgeting because my bottom hurts so much. 
    I also have been dealing with the nausea and vomitting bad. Ill be 13 weeks on Tuesday so I'm hoping it will subside soon!
  • Options
    @soybeanmom I am so relieved to hear someone else talking about the evening weird stretching pain. I was trying to describe the heaviness of it to my husband last night and he was just giving me the "uh-huh... okay...." face and I was so mad. I just don't ever remember being this uncomfortable this early last time. My mom keeps reminding me I was working third shift direct care during my first pregnancy and so it's likely I tuned out a lot of the weird little things out of necessity to focus on work. 

@maggied26 I've been feeling this a lot. I find myself getting up and pacing a lot right now. When I would be sitting to get things done. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @maggied26 I've definitely been experiencing this to the point that I bought a new desk chair because I'm thinking sitting on something a little softer will help, but maybe it's just wishful thinking. have you thought of using a yoga ball/birth ball? I'm wondering if it might help and if there is any reason why I wouldn't want to start using one this early. 

• Options
    @blackgirlmagic Yes!! Oh gosh, I went from Pears to apples to grapes, to strawberries 😂 I cannot get enough! I eat 1-2 bananas every day. Everything is absolutely a bit off for ripeness but I Need to have it lol. I actually don’t mind the bitter/sour - I’ve been craving sweet & sour! 
    As for grapes, I came across black grapes and wow - they are juicy, sweet and totally seedless! 
  • Options
    I feel like maybe the nausea is getting a little better. I'd say one day out of every three is a decent day. 
    I've had shortness of breath feelings a few times. 
    Other than that, my symptoms have been pretty minimal. 
  • Options
    @maggied26 and @rivercitynik I have a desk job too and have been experiencing full cramping in my calves and shins. So I’m constantly fidgeting and getting up to walk around because it’s so distracting!
  • Options
    @maggied26 Is there any chance your company will invest in a standing desk for you?  My firm gets the VariDesk for whomever would like one.  It's a bit pricey, but it's a total God send.  It's easy to alternate from sitting to standing.
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
  • Options
    @laur84ns Oh No!! I’m so sorry to hear you’re having a sick day on your birthday! That is really crummy. I hope you can at least save that dessert for another day when you can really enjoy it! 
    Happy Birthday to you and I sure hope you feel better soon! 🧁 
  • Options
    ziggymama06ziggymama06 member
    edited February 2020
    @laur84ns Ugh, oh no!  I'm sorry you are feeling so terrible on your birthday!  I hope tomorrow is a better day and you can enjoy your brownie then.  Happy birthday!  🎂
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
  • Options
    Oh, @laur84ns! What a bummer. I hope you feel better soon. You'll have to have a re-do on your special dinner and dessert. You still deserve to be pampered when the nausea passes! Happy Birthday!  <3
  • Options
    Wide awake at 2 am- this keeps happening even with Unisom. Ugh! Go away, insomnia!
  • Options
    Oh no! @babytimeagain hope you get some rest.  It took me SO LONG to fall asleep last night... And now I'm definitely struggling to get up... 😩
  • Options
    @laur84ns I'm sorry that you didn't feel well on your birthday! This was me on my anniversary with my last pregnancy. My husband and I went out for a nice dinner and a I had mocktail and then immediately felt so nauseaus. I hope you are feeling better today and that the birthday love is spread out over a few days. 
  • Options
    @babytimeagain You poor thing. I'm so sorry. Were you able to get any rest last night at all?
  • Options
    @laur84ns so sorry you couldn’t enjoy your bday dinner 😕 @babytimeagain insomnia is so terrible. Hope you can get some rest tonight!

anyone else having terrible round ligament pain? Last night I reached out across the couch for my water glass and it was like an immediate sharp charley horse in my abdomen. Ever since then I’m cautiously moving around and afraid to cough or sneeze or move the wrong way. What’s the remedy?
    Pregnancy Ticker