October 2020 Moms

Introductions!

dolewhipperdolewhipper member
edited February 2020 in October 2020 Moms

Don't be a lurker, October 2020 mamas! Introduce yourself here!

What's your EDD? How'd you find out? Tell us a little bit about you & how we can support you!

Re: Introductions!

• Loading the player...
  • @dolewhipper I'm in Florida too!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I   started one.  How do I delete it?
  • KnottieNumbers you can't delete it, but you can change/edit it! Maybe turn it into a stickied thread? Or you can just let it die. No worries. 
  •  Cool. Thanks.
  • @BumpAdmin Can we please get this stickied? Thank you!
  • @kmalls absolutely! Are you a Knight? 
  • @smg2302 I have family that went there! Great school
  • @dolewhipper nope I’m a Tar, the most random mascot of all time :D 
  • @aztecash stop it, Disneyland Fam!!! Jealous!
  • Also, I do tend to be a lurker (totally just lurked my Dec 2018 birth club group) but I’m hoping to be more involved this time around. :)
  • @klngnhp local pro sports team? THANKS for allowing me to use my favorite gif of all time ;)

• @kmalls Ha! Yeah that sucked... 😩
  • *lurking from Aug*
    @ksmalls & @NamelessAria Congratulations!!!  Wishing you a wonderful H&H 9 months!!   <3
    Me: 33  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girl  <3
  • @ziggymama06 thanks lady! Hope all is well with you! 
  • @jjjr2020 Your husband is a welder, fun! I work in HR and spend much of my time trying to recruit welders for my company. They are tricksy to find  ;)
  • There are alot of welders in this part of the country, there is a large industry for them. Where are you trying to recruit them?
  • @ziggymama06 thanks. I saw your checkin the other day and I'm glad to hear you're doing well. <3
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• morethanamamamorethanamama member
    edited February 2020
    @kpearse99 I am amazed by how easily you drop the word "liar" and "shady". I don't even feel the need to explain myself but being called names, whether internet or IRL, is not something I appreciate so I am going to have a go at it.

Nope, we didn't wait until day 30. Obviously, my brain is already mush, I do realize that I wrote here CD 25. Flo (app) is already past the period dates and it's incredibly confusing. I have been going 100 miles an hour for the past month for various reasons...I guess I must be human and making mistakes?

Since I have to (?) clarify, it was CD 28. We tested once we got home from our staycation (Friday 1/31). We had an event with alcohol involved the day after, with friends who are known to be nosey, and I was already antsy (which I shared). Not sure where I said I "couldn't" test? I said many times I so wanted to but really wanted to wait given my experience with a CP in the past. 

I convinced my H to use one of the $1 tests we had already bought. My son was out of the house with my mom, it was a good time. The line was faint since it wasn't FMU, but it was there. I stopped posting in the TWW after that (per rules), and tested again on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. I honestly think that the TTGP board is tricky about this; I felt like it was still too early to get excited and I did not think it made sense to share. I thought that following the rules and not posting in the grad thread was a good idea, since I had not participated very long. I didn't even want to post here until 9 weeks. And in any case, I don't even know what will happen, because it's still so early, so all of this is really all irrelevant ATM.

I don't think this response will do anything to change your mind. Honestly, it does not matter to me either way. As far as I am concerned, anyone on the internet can be fake including you, me, and everyone else on here, no matter how long they've posted or how much they shared, or how much info they post for people to backtrack like you did. I had a wonderful experience with my previous BMB and even met some of the women in person; my hope was to repeat the same experience with other women empowering women, but it seems like there's a lot of name calling and bashing. 

I will say that I am very sorry if I somehow offended you - or anyone on the TTGP board for that matter. That is never my intention online or IRL. You are entitled to your opinions, and I am entitled to mine. I believe that you could have just asked a simple question. Instead, you took some of your time to write a full on finger-pointing post. I am happy if writing it brought you some sort of happiness, or maybe just something new to talk about in the TTGP board. I would just like to let you know that sometimes, SOMETIMES, you don't have all the information and all the pieces of the puzzles to actually go out there and accuse people. 

I sincerely hope October is your month. I appreciate your congratulations, even though I find them a bit empty given the rest of the content of your post.

ETA: typos and rewording.