September 2020 Moms

Introductions!

Re: Introductions!

• Loading the player...
  • @brittabatwhite @mflowers929 still nursing a crazy obsessed toddler, too! If I could wean ASAP, I so would. The nipple pain is unreal and I’m just done, honestly. Sadly I battle mastitis frequently certainly don’t want to mess with that now so I can’t just quit.  :|
    still nursing my almost 2 year old boob monster here too! I've started "wean training" because I am NOT tandem nursing a toddler and a baby. Some people choose to do that and that's their prerogative, but I'm going to choose NOT to do that!
    Married: May 26, 2012
    Eden: February 8, 2016
    Ivy: April 3, 2018
    Baby 3.0: Due September 26, 2020
  • @corngirl Wondfo is a cheapie pregnancy test/ ovulation test brand. You can ifnd them on Amazon. They're like $15 for a pack of 50 test strips and they work just as well as their more expensive competitors.
    Married: May 26, 2012
    Eden: February 8, 2016
    Ivy: April 3, 2018
    Baby 3.0: Due September 26, 2020
  • @bagowater We have successfully weaned! Sunday we'll be 3 weeks boob free. He is still constantly trying to get his little hands down my shirt. It will be nice to have a bit of freedom before round 2. Nap time and bedtime are seriously the wild freaking west post weaning. Beware. 
  • We were making strides with weaning, but little dude has been down with a cold for the past week so we regressed 🙄 I've been advised to wait until after he's better to try again
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @mflowers929 We went through a cold and a tummy bug when we started the weaning and we did the same thing. No use trying to wean at a moment when your babe is so vulnerable and needs the comfort. You got this, mama!
  • Very late to the party, but congratulations @flinstone-2❤️❤️ I hope that your SCH resolves soon and the rest of your pregnancy is smooth sailing!
  • @beaandthebabes, thank you and apologies for the late reply! Your age difference and dog comment were really reassuring! Xo. 
  • @greyl, where in Portland did you live? I am in SE. Come back ;) 
  • @chasingroygbiv, thank you! I love to hear that and I think my little dude will be loving and helpful too. It is nice now that he is 7 he is genuinely helpful with things versus just "helpful." 

I also need his help naming this new person, he has some good name ideas from his playtime...

@flinstone-2 , in case an anecdote is helpful- I had a SCH and then some contractions and bleeding around week 20 of my last pregnancy. I was put on pelvic and bed rest for about a month and everything ended up just great. 
  • @31magnolia, the food really is great - and getting even better and more diverse. What are some of your favorite restaurants? I need Postmates inspiration for tonight's dinner ;)
  • @clammycolt when I first went out I lived in downtown Portland and then moved out to the burbs . My in-laws are like 45 min SW of Portland now and I want to move back so bad! H wants to as well it’s just the logistics with having this new babe and having the money to move all of our belongings! I want to be closer to family!! 
  • @greyl, I totally get it. Well, I hope you get to come back eventually!!!! 

FWIW, we moved houses when my son was 3 months and it was not as crazy as I expected. BUT it was an in-city move (we moved like 2 miles away, ha) which is way easier of course. 

But during my leave the packing and organizing actually helped me be less stir crazy but was still kinda relaxing. 
  • @clammycolt I hope so too!! I want my kids to grow up semi close to family. & oh that’s good to know!! I have no idea how we will move with two medium-large size dogs and a baby or toddler but I guess we will figure it out!! I’m jealous that you live in SE! I love it there. I originally wanted to live in that area but settled for closer to downtown because of the commute to work. And then I ended up working in the burbs while still living in the city. That was a fun 1.5 hours on the max and bus every morning lol. 
  • @clammycolt we moved when DS was 3 months old as well. Found out last minute that our previous apartment was being foreclosed 🙄 it definitely wasn't as bad as I thought, though we had a lot of help for the bigger stuff and I had a friend come watch DS while I moved a lot of the smaller stuff
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @mrsrundmc I love Peloton too 🙌🏻 I go to a local cycling studio and they have a Peloton in their on demand room which members can go and ride anytime.
  • @mrsrundmc @boymommatwo me three! Although I havent ridden in a while because I've been so sick...
  • @knottie47cde831840793aa Welcome! Don't forget to change your username to something else so that it's easier to @ you and GTKY. There is a thread on the main Sept BMB that tells you how to do it. Looking forward to getting to know you!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @cabearit High five to a fellow true crime and personal finance lover!
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @cabearit @Louise_Belcher I love me some true crime, too!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @macheno @cabearit @Louise_Belcher put me down for enjoying true crime shows too.
  • @boymommatwo I just recently watched Don't F*ck with Cats on Netflix. It was really interesting. you should check it out if you haven't.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @macheno thanks for the recommendation.
  • @papayapua I’m sure your ultrasound will show that your date of conception was not 3 days before you got a positive test. It was more likely at least 10 days before.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • I'm just here like "Texas is cold!? I moved from Florida to this!" 😆 🤷
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @NYTino24 Yes, I said I didn't get a positive result until my 4th day of testing. Ultrasound placed date of conception at Jan 1, I started testing Jan 4 (3 days after conception) on a hunch. All tests were negative Jan 4-6 until my positive on Jan 7th (6  days after conception). It was a very very faint second line. Therefore, I tested 2 days after (8 days after conception) to make sure and big bold positives. It does not have to be 10 days after conception to receive a postive result as everyone's hormones rise at differing rates.
  • @papayapua I think in your original note it sounded like you got a positive 3 days after conception, but you just started testing that early. So it was just confusion based on that wording. You didn't get a positive until 7 which is a few days earlier than people normally will show on a test, but not wild.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Louise_Belcher Thank you, I see where the confusion may have arised. I should have said "...date of conception was only 3 days prior to [my first negative test]." My doctors were surprised as well, assuming conception was in the mid-latter part of December based on LMP.
  • Dirty Lurker ***
    @emiwa if you are otherwise healthy and there are no other issues just being AMA is no reason to induce early. I would have a serious discussion with your doc about their rational. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17