June 2020 Moms
Options

January symptoms

13»

Re: January symptoms

• Options
    @lizanet I am on day 3 of incredible hunger too!  Trying really hard to make wise choices, but all I want are creamy hearty comfort foods.
  • Options
    @lizanet this has been me the last couple of days! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I struggle with hunger too, and having put on 3 lbs per week the last 3 weeks, I need to slow this. Trying to just have a handful of almonds, massive amounts of water, or an apple when I'm not at a normal eating time.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @JessiBride @pourmeanothermocktail@runwmusic  
    I have been trying to make good choices but cooking meat is still a little hard. So I have been eating nuts and lots of water to try to control myself. All I want are pupusas and pizza. :( I have settled on having pizza flavored snacks like combos. or eating some pepperoni. oh an apples with peanut butter has helped a little
  • Options
    @lizanet You're not the only one struggling here. All I want is pizza, mac & cheese, and ice cream. Or cookies. 

But on top of that even when I do good for dinner, two hours later half the time I eat more dinner, or a huge bowl of cereal. and during the week my kids eat separate lunches due to timing. So if I finish off my meal, plus whatever younger kid doesn't eat, but then eat another small portion when older kid eats, and then finish off whatever he didn't eat on his plate....and then have that late meal after dinner....

Well, something has to give. :)
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I don't know if it will help you ladies struggling with the hungries, but a "snack" for me on my GD protocol is around 15g carbs and 8-12g protein. I'm usually not hungry again for at least 3 hours. I've found this to be true for me outside of pregnancy too -- as long as I add protein to my snack, I'm okay.  HTH. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Uchhhh my pregnancy gingivitis is coming back. I had it my whole pregnancy and for my year of breast feeding last time. I have a hygenist appt in a few weeks and it’s going to be so painful!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @hayhay2501 can you tell me more? I have a spot on my gun across like 3 teeth that has been swollen for a couple days but no teeth pain and I'm trying to decide what to do about if I need to visit the dentist or not. 
    Me 29 DH 33
    Married 10/2016
    TTC since 04/2019
    BFP 10/12/2019, estimated 6 weeks
    EDD 06/07/2020
  • Options
    Well I found out a few days ago that I have placenta previa! It's a complete coverage and I had a minor bleeding episode which was what led to that discovery. Been on bed rest this week as I wait for the spotting to stop and just trying to stay optimistic that it does so I can get back to work! 

Anyone else deal with placenta previa? Seems like bleeding at this point isn't a good thing so it's nerve-wracking and making me anxious that I may need to go on bed rest sooner rather then later. 
  • Options
    @horsesmeetbaby so for me I get swollen gums that bleed SUPER easily. Apparently it’s very common but the degree varies. My dentist just wants me to floss religiously and make sure I see the hygienist every 6 months! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am in the dental field and @horsesmeetbaby I would go to the dentist, get your teeth cleaned and also make sure nothing else is going on in that area. 
    as @hayhay2501 said swollen gums are very common.

But you definitely should get regular cleanings/ check ups during your pregnancy. The hormones can cause all kinds of things to flare up and 2nd tri is the best time for dental work if its necessary. 
  • Options
    Thanks @lizanet and @hayhay2501 I had them cleaned about 10 weeks ago without issue and have my next exam scheduled but I think I will call and ask for a check up just in case and see if they recommend anything in the meantime. 
    Me 29 DH 33
    Married 10/2016
    TTC since 04/2019
    EDD 06/07/2020
  • Options
    @tweehawken Sorry to hear! Do you know if placenta is anterior or posterior (front or back of uterus?)

I had a low anterior with partial previa my second pregnancy. By 30 weeks it had moved completely away. I did have some bleeding on and off, just light spotting, and it went away by I think 24 or 25 weeks. Good luck!
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @horsesmeetbaby I hope they find nothing. I personally have had to change tooth pastes because my dentist could not find a reason for the inflammation and redness. Turns out my mouth doesnt like the one I was using. 
  • Options
    @pourmeanothermocktail I'm not sure! It's sitting smack dab over my cervix so right in the middle is what the ultrasound technician said! 😭
  • Options
    @pourmeanothermocktail I'm not sure! It's sitting smack dab over my cervix so right in the middle is what the ultrasound technician said! 😭
    Crossing fingers for you that it moves! 
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have been starving!!! It's only 1030 and I've had carnation instant breakfast, a bagel and cream cheese, and a bowl of cereal WITH milk already 
  • Options
    Found out in my scan that I have an anterior placenta so I guess that’s why I haven’t really got kicks, just shuffles. It’s high up luckily but hopefully I get some kicks soon!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @hayhay2501 same here! I expected to feel something more definitive than "baby or gas?" at 20+ weeks. :D Now I know why.
  • Options
    I'm happy with my anterior placenta. My last one was anterior but so low I felt kicks above it early, and she hurt me SO MUCH with so much movement. Like, took my breath away HURT. So maybe this baby will kick the crap out of the placenta and hurt me LESS and later? Gotta hope. 
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @hayhay2501 @mariabele Same! So now, at 21 weeks, I’ve started feeling kicks and I’m not trusting that I’m really feeling them. It’s still nothing consistent but yesterday I went to Riverdance and baby was dancing along! 
  • Options
    This baby is so low it hurts. 
  • Options
    Anyone else feeling short of breath already? Baby's head was all up in my lungs/rib cage during the scan and I was seriously out of breath just walking around Costco. My spinning class should be fun Ugh!! 
  • Options
    @lo_c I definitely feel you on the shortness of breath. My doctor listened to my lungs when I went a couple weeks ago as baby is still sitting pretty low but she said all was good and to watch my posture as letting myself collapse in instead of stretching up will further compress the space for your diaphragm.  

Side note feeling super accomplished as I washed and put away clothes a coworker gave me (after going through them for what I would and wouldn't wear) and went through my whole closet and drawers making piles for goodwill, Thred Up, and storage. 
    Me 29 DH 33
    Married 10/2016
    TTC since 04/2019
    EDD 06/07/2020
  • Options
    @lo_c youre not alone om 20 weeks and have been out of breath since 14 or 15 weeks. Its not like the baby is huge or ive gained alot of weight. 
  • Options
    @lo_c I had trouble singing at mass this morning. Only twenty week 😂 

also this bump is just HUGE. I’ve only gained 5 pounds from pre pregnancy (lost a bunch in first tri and had to put that back on first) but the bump is so big for twenty weeks. Easily what I was like at more like 26/27 weeks with DD1!

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • Options
    Movement! I felt undeniable movement today when I laid down for what I thought was going to be a nap. Baby poked me, I poked him back, and he poked back again! 

Nap didn't happen for toddler reasons. 🙄 I'm running on fumes today. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @alli392 i am so much bigger this time but have gained significantly less. My belly button is already an outie and that didn't happen until 41ish weeks last time. 

@lo_c all the extra blood your body has made makes your heart pump a lot more. It's embarrassing going up a slight of stairs at work and trying to hold a conversation haha
  • Options
    @lizanet
    I'm with you on the hunger! Two weeks ago, hunger set in and there's no turning back! 
    I'm trying to be good about it though.
  • Options
    My busted up self just ordered a walker. Talk about pride loss. I was an athlete. I ran a half marathon, at the end of September. I would take a lot of puking and heart burn if I could get some basic mobility back.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @pourmeanothermocktail I’m so sorry! I know this isn’t your first rodeo with your messed up pelvis but are they able to make insurance cover any kind of physical therapy or anything to help during pregnancy? I know you said postpartum you had some of that to help. I’m can’t believe how quickly it’s progressing!

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • Options
    alli392 said:
    @pourmeanothermocktail I’m so sorry! I know this isn’t your first rodeo with your messed up pelvis but are they able to make insurance cover any kind of physical therapy or anything to help during pregnancy? I know you said postpartum you had some of that to help. I’m can’t believe how quickly it’s progressing!
    I'm kinda halfway between insurances right now, but probably not. It's so progressed I doubt further exercise will help. But really, even getting to PT is a burden. We can't afford paid childcare, don't have access to regular free childcare, so trying to do it late (after husband gets home) and not miss eating dinner is hard to find someone available, and difficult. And even driving aggravates it. It's just...too much. 

Started at 7 weeks this time. Wasn't a huge mobility problem until 17 or 18 weeks.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    21 weeks tomorrow - Ravenously hungry this week + heartburn starting. Not a good combination :(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @pourmeanothermocktail I’m so so sorry you’re dealing with this!! I hope the walker provides a bit of relief. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My fingers have been so swollen upon waking up. It usually takes an hour and then it goes down. Does this happen to anyone else? It didn't happen with my prior two pregnancies.
  • Options
    kimber308 said:
    My fingers have been so swollen upon waking up. It usually takes an hour and then it goes down. Does this happen to anyone else? It didn't happen with my prior two pregnancies.
    Is it possible you're waking up slightly dehydrated? I ask because on the nights I get up to pee LESS I drink much less water, or none, overnight, and those are the mornings I'm more likely to have swollen fingers. Heat going overnight in cold climates can exacerbate that. 
    Drinking a whole bunch of fluids after waking up seems to help it quickly. Also sleeping with one hand under your head or other part of you can give small swelling too. 

Granted, serious swelling or sudden swelling can be a sign of pre-e.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    This is kinda weird but does anyone get blurry vision when they’re pregnant? This happens every once in a while to me but has happened twice in the last couple weeks. It’s hard to explain, but it’s mostly blurry kind of around the edges of my eyes - I can see still, work, etc. I usually just relax, close my eyes for a bit, drink water, and it goes away eventually. I feel like I remember last time my OB saying baby was on a nerve, but it seems early for that. I know it can be a sign of pre-e, but it’s not full blurry vision, I don’t have a headache, my blood pressure is always better than it is when not pregnant, so it’s just weird. 
  • Options
    @chaos-and-coffee Hm. Some people have all over change in vision during pregnancy-eyes get better or worse-but it's constant, not come and go throughout the day. Blood pressure drops as you sit or stand up, blood sugar, or mild dehydration could cause more transient symptoms, along with ocular migraines. Dry eye can cause me some issues in particular that are solved with eye drops and hydrating, and yes, pre-e obviously can cause changes, but those would likely be more constant.

So, could be a concern, could just be a weird mess of things together.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @pourmeanothermocktail I guess maybe just a weird thing. I can feel when my blood pressure or blood sugar drop, and I drink an enormous amount of water so I know that’s not it 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    @chaos-and-coffee I JUST read an article in my what to expect book about this. I have awful vision so it was a concern when I read it can get worse during pregnancy. Apparently due to the increased volume of fluid, it changes the shape of your eyes just enough to cause blurriness.