May 2020 Moms
Options

Randoms (1/20-1/26)

Re: Randoms (1/20-1/26)

• Options
    @pirateduck I'm so happy for you that they got their shit together and gave you a refund! great news! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am running out of patience with things at work. I love my job I really do but it is really hard to do my job when other people do not do theirs. 
  • Options
    @pirateduck great news! Sorry it took so much time and effort to get worked out though!
  • Options
    @Austenista I have a few on the storage cube but was hoping she could play with things like blocks which she loves and be better about picking up. I took away two of her bins and hopefully she doesn't find them in the hutch and want them back. I can handle cleaning up two bins but 4 was terrible. 
  • Options
    @pirateduck yay, great news!

So you all remember my crazy OB who called me in to cuss me out for calling about my NIPT results and then still never gave them to me when I was in her office?  Well she billed me $111 for that "office visit".  I was pissed, but I thought insurance paid it since I had met my deductible in 2019 and my EOB said I owe 0 so I thought eh not worth the headache, whatever.  Well yesterday I got a bill from the dr for $111 so I went back and looked more closely at my EOB and it was denied with this note " THIS CHARGE IS DENIED AS PAYMENT FOR THIS SERVICE IS INCLUDED IN THE GLOBAL FEE, ALL-INCLUSIVE OR CASE RATE REIMBURSEMENT. THIS PATIENT IS NOT RESPONSIBLE TO PAY THIS AMOUNT."  But I have no idea what this means.  How do I even go about fighting this?  There is no way I should have to pay $111 for her to literally call me in, yell at me, refuse to tell me my results and then tell me to go somewhere else.  On the other hand I just want this to be over with so I'm half tempted to pay it and move on rather than spend hours on the phone fighting it which may lead nowhere.  But then I'm pissed at myself for even thinking that because it's so wrong and I just know this won't end up being the end of it anyway.  This is so frustrating.  When I got home and opened the mail yesterday I literally just went and laid in bed and cried because I am so over it all.
  • Options
    @bananapanda I'd call your insurance company and have them fight it for you. I had a couple issues with things after my daughter was born and they called billing and had a conference call with me on the phone so I could hear things get settled and add my input. Insurance companies are used to fighting them too so definitely check with them. 

• Options
    @pirateduck I'm glad you are getting your money back!

@bananapanda I would start by calling your insurance company and see what they say about the bill. From my last pregnancy I learned quickly that my provider and my insurance were not always on the same page about stuff and I had to call both of them multiple times. After paying a $300 bill in the beginning and then that getting changed to a $25 bill and then trying to figure out what my "credit" was going to and making sure those were billed correctly I stopped paying. I ended up meeting with a higher up person in the billing department of my provider going through each of my charges/visits one-by-one finding a bunch of discrepancies and resolved that I wasn't going to pay anything until after the pregnancy was over and everything was billed correctly. She put some notes in my file and told me to ignore my bills, I did get a couple of letters saying I was going to go into collections by the end, but I called her up and she fixed things.

This pregnancy is starting out better with things being billed correctly between the two, but for some reason my insurance keeps denying about half my claims since August saying they are "out of network" when they are actually "in network". I've had to call my insurance a bunch to get that figured out and now they are doing all my claims manually instead of through the electronic system. Yesterday I just got a bill from Quest Labs (which is actually the lab my insurance prefers) for $600 from my Quad screen. It states that my insurance said that I was not a "member" of the insurance plan and that is why it was denied. I actually cannot even find an EOB for that visit with my insurance at all so I have to call and see what is up.

TLDR: Always check your bills from your provider along with the EOB from your insurance, know what your plan covers and does not cover. It is super easy for things to get messed up and it is your responsibility to make sure you are not getting over charged.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    DD was diagnosed with HFM yesterday 😭😭 I’m now with @adventuresawait2 in the holding pattern of praying I don’t get it. I’m staying home with her today, probably H tomorrow, and that will at least get us to the weekend.
  • Options
    ruby696ruby696 member
    edited January 2020
    @bananapanda That's outrageous - that woman has some balls, that's for sure. Definitely agree that you should call your insurance company have them fight it. I'm sorry you're dealing with this.

@soprano19 Oh no! I hope YD has a mild case and you stay healthy!

Eta: tags 
  • Options
    @bananapanda Definitely call your insurance company! Did you ever make an official report/complaint about that doctor? 

• Options
    @bananapanda ughhh good luck dealing with insurance. :(

@soprano19 oh no! I hope it's a mild case for your DD and you don't end up with it!

Do you guys remember me talking about how my workplace has inherited a couple birds? I found one dead this morning.... and now I feel like the other one is looking sick? I swear they have clean food/water/cage so I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong. Anyway, I went to get another finch since they need companionship but I'm hoping this isn't a thing that keeps happening.  :(
  • Options
    pirateduckpirateduck member
    edited January 2020
    @rachelg777 oh no!  Hopefully it's just a fluke thing.  Birds can be sensitive and without submitting one to the state lap for autopsy you can't know what it was, especially if there were no obvious signs of illness leading up to it.

@bananapanda good luck with the insurance thing.  I fought some claims last year and I did get about $100 back, but there were others I had to pay in the end, and one that's been sitting in limbo for months because I overpaid and the doctor said I need to get money back from the insurance company and the insurance company says I need to get money back from the doctor, but it's only like $60 so I quit.  Let them work it out with each other, and then only pay what the insurance company tells you to in the end.  I no longer pay any medical bills up front (if I can avoid it) and wait a few months until everything has been fully processed.  It's too complicated to keep track of otherwise.
  • Options
    @peachnectarine yes, I did file a complaint with the medical board.  All I received was a generic email saying they got my complaint and it had a case number, but I haven't heard more.

I called insurance and the claim is denied because all of the prenatal visits and delivery are covered as one global fee where the dr sees the condition through to the end.  The insurance person I spoke with said she believes that since I switched drs the crazy OB submitted this now since she knows she won't get that global fee at delivery.  My concern now is that she is going to go back and submit every other visit I had with her up to that point and I will be on the hook for those as well otherwise I might just pay this and be done with it, but I don't know how out of control it's going to get.  My insurance lady did try calling the OB office to discuss with them while I was on hold.  When she got back to me she was absolutely amazed at their string of long voicemails saying they'll get back to you in 48-72 hours and DO NOT CALL AGAIN!! I told her a little background and she was in shock.  I just want to be done with this crazy office, but since they won't answer their phones that will never happen.  The insurance did mention that if I ever do get to talk to someone at the dr I can have them do a three way call like @jhysmath mentioned which sounds better than dealing with the dr office alone because at least this way I'll have someone on my side and a witness if they do something crazy again.  
  • Options
    @bananapanda this totally confuses me, because if your insurance covers pre-natal care it shouldn't matter if you change doctors in the middle of care anyway.  A covered service is a covered service provided you are in-network or whatever your plan stipulates.  I do like the idea of a three way call.  You shouldn't have to fight this yourself with the doctor's office, this is what the insurance companies are paid to handle.  Ugh.  Women have enough stress in pregnancy, insurance BS shouldn't be part of that.
  • Options
    @pirateduck yes, I was wondering the same.  I can't be the only one who has ever switched providers in the middle of a pregnancy so there should be a better way to handle this.  I wonder if the OB just coded it something really weird? Is there a medical billing code for "calling patient in to cuss out and deny access to their own medical information"?  
  • Options
    @bananapanda your insurance company should have the codes for you.  I was wondering that too.  It should be coded as some sort of office visit, consultation, and pregnancy related.  Most pre-natal care is covered, period, it's part of the ACA and there are certain things the insurance companies are required to cover (provided you are in network or whatever).  Even if it's coded as something else I'd think you'd only owe a co-pay or something.
  • Options
    @bananapanda Ugh...it’s like a nightmare that keeps coming back to haunt you. I hope this gets resolved soon and you’re not liable for any charges

@rachelg777 Damn birds were a terrible idea to begin with...We had parakeets when I was little and I remember something about a cold draft being enough to kill the birds. I don’t know if that’s true or if that is just what my parents told us rather than admit they didn’t know why it died or it could have been a terrible lie to keep us from opening the front door in the winter.

@pirateduck Good for you going after your money and winning!
  • Options
    MH asked me tonight if I want a push present and if so, what do I want? I haven’t really thought about it and I’m not usually a material things kind of person. I don’t wear jewelry other than my wedding rings. 
    Is anyone expecting push presents? Or have you previously received one? What are you asking for/have you received? Any ideas outside the box?
  • Options
    @sunshinesea22 my push present is the exspensiveish diaper bag I want lol its the only way I could get MH to agree to a freshly Picked bag
  • Options
    @randic22 Oh those are so pretty! What color are you getting?

I just got a Skip Hip Greenwich backpack that I love in dusty rose that's very similar. The storage in that thing is fantastic and I have the space to keep my purse things away from the kid things. I love that it has straps to hang it on strollers and shopping carts if I don't feel like wearing it on my back. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Austenista I'm going with the darker grey color 😊 I just figured its basically going to be my purse for a while so I thought we could splurge lol
  • Options
    @randic22 I did the SAME exact push present for the same exact reason with my son.  :D I love freshly picked!
  • Options
    @sunshinesea22 with DD1 I had been mentioning wanting the owlet but also not knowing if it would be worth that amount of money.  So as my "push present" I guess DH surprised me with it when we were home from the hospital.  I'm not sure that it would be a push present or a Mother's Day gift since I'm due right around then or what but I would like to have a mother's ring or some kind of necklace with birthstones and possibly names.
  • Options
    My friend received new snowboard bindings as a push present after not being able to ride for a year due to pregnancy.  I am not expecting a gift.  My husband doesn’t typically do gifts because society/holiday/etc says he should but he will randomly buy me things throughout the year.  Realistically I see him taking a day to drive me somewhere and get a few new chickens because I lost one this winter and it was quite upsetting circumstances and spring when baby comes is the perfect time for it, and we will have our hands full, but he knows it’s important to me.
  • Options
    @sunshinesea22 We did no push present with DD and probably will not this time around. In 2016 I think it was just starting to become a thing. To me all the things I would want would be needs and we are probably just going to get them anyway. But some out of the box ideas would be a cleaning service, meal kit delivery (that he makes), or a massage.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    @bananapanda I love the birthstone idea!
    Me: 31 ~ DH: 34 
    FTM
    BFP: 9/5/19 ~ EDD 5/15/20
  • Options
    Yeah we didn't do the whole push present thing when DD was born. He did bring me deodorant from the store when I realized I smelled terrible and forgot mine. I don't wear deodorant often, but postpartum smell was the worst! 
  • Options
    @randic22 I bought a FP bag for myself. because my husband doesn't do push presents, and because he went and bought himself a new tool from home depot so, totally fair haha. 
  • Options
    I didn't ask for a push present with DD and I won't for this one either, but I might get myself something as a "reward," lol. The Christmas after DD was born I did ask H for a necklace with her birthstone (opal), so I will probably make a similar request next Christmas or for my birthday in August.
  • Options
    I tell MH that my baby is my push present. But, like @soprano19, I am definitely more generous with myself after. If I was going to ask for something, it would probably be to have someone come in and clean my house a couple times a month. 
  • Options
    I don't do "push presents" per se, but I usually get a new thing that's exciting for me with each new baby like a new stroller or a diaper bag or something we need that I've researched a good bit and want to add to our baby collection. That's my fun. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had literally never heard of a push present until like 2 months before DD’s due date haha. But, no... my present from DH will be him cooking and cleaning and massaging me feet and bringing me beer and water. 

@jhysmath post partum body smell is THE WORST! I had deodorant in every car, every bag, and both my desks at work. Along with roll on perfume in several locations, too. 
  • Options
    I got another matching band to wear on the other side of my engagement ring, but it was more of a push present/Christmas gift combo and I just really wanted a second band because I like symmetry, haha.  I also had all 3 soldered together.  I'd really love a Mother's ring this time since this will be our last and Mother's Day is around the same time.  
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    Also, OMG @jhysmath I literally JUST remembered how bad the postpartum sweating was!  DS1 was born in November and I was still waking up soaked.  What am I gonna do now that this will be a warmer weather baby???  I'm gonna have to have MH put the AC in the window in April!  :lol:
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3