May 2020 Moms
Options

Randoms (1/20-1/26)

This always makes me laugh 😂 

Re: Randoms (1/20-1/26)

• Options
    I have a deep lack of motivation today. Probably because I was up most of the night talking to one of my best friends who is in labor. And all I want to do is see pictures of that baby!!! Why does work get in the way of all the fun!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The last two nights DD has resisted going to sleep until 10:30 or 11. Today she woke up with a fever. Now I’m wondering if those two things are related.
  • Options
    No school today, so I drug the three of us to a friend's house for play date and lunch. Younger one took long late nap, and big kid and I chilled with a movie, because damn I'm done!
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We’ve debated about the 2nd trimester, why not the 3rd... so is the 3rd trimester at 27 or 28 weeks? 
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • Options
    @drkoyya This one seems a little more concrete to me because my OB's office schedules all the 3rd trimester stuff at 28 weeks.  So I'll go with that!
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    @drkoyya I've heard 28 weeks, too. I can't wait, because even though that's when the real discomfort starts, it's also when I feel like the countdown begins. 
  • Options
    I thought it was 28 weeks but I was looking forward through the bump and it said 27 weeks. Then I went down a Google rabbit whole and saw a mix of 27 and 28 weeks. 

I’m due the first Monday in May and the first Monday of each month has been my marker for what month I am. At 27 weeks, I’ll be 7 months, so 3rd trimester right? 

I agree it’s not as confusing as the second trimester and really it’s only a difference of 7 days. 
    FTM
  • Options
    I'm going to go with 27 weeks. That's also usually considered the threshold for viability if the baby is born early, so it seems like a good milestone.
  • Options
    @drkoyya If you go by that then at 31 weeks, you'd be 8 months, at 34 weeks you'd be 9 months, and at 38 weeks you'd be 10 months. I don't usually say I'm up a month, until the month has been completed. So i might be starting my 6th month, but I'm not actually 6 months pregnant until I've completed the month and I'm starting the next month. That's just how I do it though.
  • Options
    Soooo bored with work lately.  Winter is our slow time in general, but I'm also trying not to take on any major projects because I won't be here to oversee the construction over summer...   soooo yeah, unmotivated and uninspired.  I guess I could start new projects, but someone else will have to take over midway through and see them to completion and my boss has neglected to figure these things out, I guess it's not really my problem, but it is a problem.
  • Options
    @ruby696 Not exactly because using the day of the week accounts for the number of days in each month. It’s been my marker for the start of a new month. When people ask, I usually say I’m “in month x” instead of saying I’m X months pregnant.

The first Monday in Feb, I’ll be 27 weeks (start of 7 months). First Monday in March, I’ll be 31 weeks (8 months). First Monday in April, I’ll be 36 weeks (9 months). Then first Monday in May, I’ll be 40 weeks (end of 9 months, start of 10)
    FTM
  • Options
    The way I count, my pregnancies are 39 weeks or less total. So first trimester ends at end of 13th week, second at end of 26th, and then third ends at birth. Fourth ends around 3-4 months, maybe more, lol. When my babies decide to be personable and not just scream for hours a day.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mamaj1220 DS loves to help load/unload the dishwasher, vacuum, and mop. He'd clean toilets if I'd let him, but that feels a little too much like child labor. Lol! But when it comes to mopping, I let him have at it!
  • Options
    @ruby696 DS loves to clean too, I gave him an old Mrs. Meyers bottle with water in it and he takes that everywhere cleaning. He also freaking loves the Swiffer which cracks me up, everyday he says mom can i mop? The only downside is he uses ALL the products (hence why he has a bottle with water in it).
  • Options
    @mamaj1220 That's adorable! It cracks me up because in my head I'm thinking there's no way this is how it's going to be when he's old enough to clean effectively. Oh well. 😁
  • Options
    @ruby696 right lol, I will take it while it is not a fight to do it  :D
  • Options
    My 3.5 year old cleans toilets and floors, sometimes helps with dishwasher!
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ruby696 and @pourmeanothermocktail you are both braver than me, I don't let him touch my dishwasher (well one it is currently broken) but 2 he leans on the freaking door and I have this fear he will break the door off.
  • Options
    @mamaj1220 How old is your son? Mine is 5, so he's pretty good about being careful. DD, on the other hand, is 3.5 and I cringe when she wants to help with the dishwasher. 😬
  • Options
    @mamaj1220 I only let him do the kids (plastic) dishes, but at 3.5 is good about the door! Ours is also portable so it's easy to get up next to-it sits against a wall by itself.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ruby696 he just turned 6 in Dec but is a freaking bull in a china shop  :D
  • Options
    Also I am waiting for the Baseball Hall of Fame results because I adore Jeter. DF is laughing at me.
  • Options
    @mamaj1220 maybe you can buy him his own little dustbuster so he can vacuum up little messes any time he wants!

• Options
    My University had a really long winter break. The fall semester ended on 12/13 and the spring semester started yesterday (5 weeks). It wasn't until I got back to work that I realized how much baby has grown in the past 5 weeks. Long story short, I'm not looking forward to working until I got into labor. 

STM+ moms, you all are real life super heroes.
    FTM
  • Options
    Traveling made me realize how much better I feel at lower altitude.  It made me think I should move or stay with a friend/family for the rest of my pregnancy, but that would mean I have to leave my job and would be without medical insurance when baby arrives.  This is frustrating.  I'm not sure how this will play out in the long run.
  • Options
    @pirateduck I can only imagine. I get out of breath at sea level going up a flight of stairs...
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• Options
    @pirateduck Make sure your doctor knows you're having a hard time. They may take you off work early if they decide it's medically necessary. 
  • Options
    @shamrocandroll I wish we could get a puppy! DD would love one, but that's on hold until we move to our house in NY in a few years. We don't have the space in the apartment we live in currently, our dogs were always free range I couldn't imagine having to actually walk one. Though our old sitter had a puppy and DD would still throw toys all over their house and never clean up, though they just have a mess of a play room so that could be part of it too. 

• Options
    @jhysmath I'm definitely not suggesting it as an actual solution, since it definitely creates more problems than it solves, but it was just a funny unintentional benefit to us getting a puppy that I didn't expect.  I also would NOT want to get a puppy with a newborn on the way.  Thankfully she'll be over a year old by the time he's here and she's decently trained now (aside from not eating everything she comes across, at least).
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    @shamrocandroll I can only hope for a day when my young child tells my husband off for not cleaning up after himself. FX!
  • Options
    So I’m a photographer so I always take an interest in these and someone I’ve worked with was featured this year but I figured some of us might want to take a look how amazing these are. https://www.lookslikefilm.com/2020/01/22/birth-pictures/
  • Options
    @jhysmath I actually reached my breaking point on this subject this weekend with my two toddlers and decided enough was enough. They won't help me clean up either. I went and bought some baskets for my cube organizer and a utility closet. I put a few toys and blocks in the baskets for them to play with, some bigger toys and a few books were left out, and then alllllll the rest of the crap now lives in the utility closet. We go get toys out of the closet to play with together and pack them right back up when we're done. I'm getting too pregnant to be trying to clean up piles of dumped out cars, blocks, and little figurines - and plus also I don't want to anymore. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @allywat thank you for sharing.  Now I have tears in my eyes.  
  • Options
    My two year old will help if I ask, my four year old will not help if you stand there and one by one throw all his toys away. Just so stubborn.