Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Tuesday 1/21

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Tuesday 1/21

• Loading the player...
  • @feather_heather oh wow it sounds like you had a really productive weekend! That’s so cool that you had a reunion with old friends. How did you guys end up reconnecting?
  • @bows22 - I am facebook friends with one of the girls and I had recently messaged her because I saw she moved to a town 15 mins from me! We were planning on trying to meet up someday soon, and then she ran into the other girl at a yoga class this past week! So we decided to all get together for lunch!
  • @bows22 I'm happy to see you back in the dailies! Glad everything went well!

@feather_heather how fun! Glad you got to catch up with old friends!

Month/Cycle: 7/5

CD: 37

WAYDTGKU: prenatals and temping but otherwise NTNP for a bit.

R/R: My sister and I had a blast seeing my best friend in Pittsburgh this weekend! We mostly just chilled at the house, snugged kitties, played games, and watched movies. It was really nice to get a weekend away though and lots of sister time on our road trip. 

CS/Q: I don't know wtf is up with this cycle. I thought for sure I'd O'd but my chart is a hot mess so who even knows?

• @bows22 Nice to meet you/glad you are able to jump back in! Hope your stay is short!

@feather_heather Wow! Super productive weekend, that is awesome that you got to meet up with old friends! I reunited with two of my high school best friends last year and it was really great. We basically picked up right where we left off and I've been in touch with them a ton since.

@mvt2003 are you a patriots fan? I am (and I am from Vermont), but I live in West TN now and everyone gives me so much crap if I say it out loud  :D:D:D

@gingermama29 Your weekend sounds like it was amazing. Snuggling kitties and watching movies is my idea of a good time!

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: PNV, HIO EOD, tracking CM

R/R: This is both rant and rave I guess, I am in undergrad and this semester starts today. I am excited to finally be taking some of my science courses (I am a biology major) but I have also heard that my professor is really difficult and is hard to understand/learn from. So I am nervous for class tonight, but fingers crossed it won't be as bad as I am making it out to be in my head!

CS/Q: Nope
  • @feather_heather that’s so cool! I love Facebook for stuff like that! 

@mvt2003 that gif is exactly how I feel hahaha! I’m glad that I’m going to be able to stalk you this cycle as a distraction from my own impatience!

@gingermama29 I’m glad you had a fun time but I’ve been so curious as to what you guys ended up doing. What a disappointment 😂. Just kidding, I’m sure the rainy/windy weather didn’t help much. 

@bserena I hope you are pleasantly surprised by your class! 
  • mvt2003mvt2003 member
    edited January 2020
    @gingermama29 Your weekend sounds absolutely delightful! :) 

@bserena Haha yes, I'm in Pats Nation, but I'm slightly in the minority here in that I genuinely prefer them to lose early if they're not going to win the Superbowl :D Male broken hearts are the worst :D:D:D 

@inthewoods23 Yep, the aim is to do a fresh since we're not doing PGS. It's looking like retrieval will be about 3 weeks from today, with transfer 5 days later. Here's hoping you have enough meds to last through this cycle!!! 

ETA @bows22 I love it! Stalk away! 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @kpearse99 - It's about all of the women who came forward about Bill Cosby drugging and sexually assaulting them. I had just finished To Catch And Kill with Ronan Farrow, detailing the investigation into Harvey Weinstein, and MH recommended this to me as a follow-up. It's insane what these men with money can get away with in regards to sexual assault and sex trafficking.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• @mvt2003 I'm excited that you're starting to get dates in the calendar for your IVF process!

@bserena good luck with your new semester. Hopefully your professor is better than you've been told. Also the kitten was soooooo snuggly. Picture just because:

@bows22 so we intended to check out the speakeasy under the William Penn hotel but didn't think to check when it was open until Sunday and of course it's closed on Sundays and Mondays. We did end up going to Cellar on Penn though and did a flight of wine. We wanted to check out other things but most were closing at that point on Sunday. We'll have to next time, I guess.

@inthewoods23 all the strength and kudos to you for going gluten and dairy free. I don't know that I could do that!

@kpearse99 glad you had such a nice relaxing weekend! It sounds great!

@ttcbabyodo yay FW! Get it!!  
  • @bows22 welcome back!! Loving the gif party going on here this morning! 

@feather_heather seeing old friends is the best! Glad you guys had an awesome time.

@mvt2003 you definitely don’t need that stress! Lol. I don’t care too much about football but MH is a 9ers fan and I’m over here stressed out about how sad he’s gonna be if they don’t pull of a win this year! He’s real serious about his team. 😬

@gingermama29 Yay for a fun road trip and a good relaxing visit! Sorry your cycle is wonky right now. 

@bserena I know how that goes.FX the prof isn’t too bad! 

@inthewoods23 might be with trying hot chocolate made with almond milk or coconut milk. I’ve never tried it but I feel like it might be with a shot if it held you feel less deprived. 

@kpearse99 your weekend sounds perfect! I failed to do much cleaning this weekend despite having yesterday off and I know I’m gonna regret it when I have to clean this weekend. Lol. 

@ttcbabyodo yesssss!! I just subscribed to Chasing Cosby last week but haven’t started it yet! I have a podcast obsession. Anything true-crime related and I’m subscribed in a heartbeat! Lol.

• Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: prenatals + folate + zinc, feeding MH folate + zinc + multivitamin, HIO, trying to temp

R/R: my sleep keeps being interrupted so temping has been impossible. Ugh. Had a great weekend celebrating MH birthday though! 

CS/Q: none
  • @krystrist2014 - Same here! I'm true-crime obsessed, and have so many podcasts I listen to regularly. My favorites: Morbid, Crime Junkie, Sword & Scale, Necronomipod, Generation Why, Casefile, Last Podcast on the Left, And That's Why We Drink, and occasionally Today in True Crime. Podcasts that focus on one specific case that I have enjoyed are Cold (Susan & Josh Powell), Root of Evil: The True Story of the Hodel Family, The Clearing, Dr. Death, Over My Dead Body (one case per season), and Uncover (one case per season - the on on the NXIUM cult was fantastic). I listen to other podcasts that are not true-crime related, but those are the ones that I look forward to the most, lol. Basically, anything sponsored by Wondery is going to be good.

• @ttcbabyodo This podcast is insane!!!!!! 

@krystrist2014 I'm glad you had such a great weekend celebrating :)
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @ttcbabyodo Did I ever recommend All Killa No Filla to you? It's about serial killers. Also, The Shrink Next Door was excellent, but you may have already listened to that. I also loved Heaven's Gate and Bear Brook. 

• @mvt2003 - No, this is the first I've heard of it! I'll have to subscribe to it now. I have The Shrink Next Door saved to my library, I just haven't listened to it yet. I'll have to check out Heaven's Gate and Bear Brook too.

• @ttcbabyodo All Killa No Filla is funny, and the hosts are British comedians (but the content is thoroughly researched and good, it's definitely not MFM!) just note that earlier episodes' audio quality is not great. The really fun thing about them is that they do not do ads and are completely unsponsored, which I find incredibly refreshing these days. 

The Shrink Next Door was really good, just make sure you don't research it too much before you start listening because the first episode has a really fun "wtf!!!" at the end of it :D 

• @kpearse99 that sounds like a fantastic weekend. I tend to have those when I actually get my butt out of bed by 7 instead of 8 or 9... It's amazing what an extra hour of time available can do

@mvt2003 ER and transfer will be here before you know it!

@krystrist2014 using a different milk doesn't help when the powder already had milk in it 😢 I might have to go out and buy a dark chocolate kind since that will be less likely to have milk.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @ttcbabyodo wow you have a good number I’ve never heard of before! I definitely have a preference for podcasts that focus on one case for a whole season. I really like the in depth investigation! Gonna go look up Root of Evil: The True Story of the Hodel Family and The Clearing! 
    Dr. Death and all the Uncovered seasons are some of my faves also! Cold had me raging and sick to my stomach the whole time! Very well done though. 
    I second @mvt2003 on Bear Brook!! I’m definitely gonna have to look up All Killa No Filla too! 
    For some reason I wasn’t able to get into the Shrink Next Door but maybe I need to give it another shot.

Some of my other faves are:
    - Someone Knows Something (all seasons are awesome - the CBC does an excellent job!)
    - Hunting Warhead (big big trigger warning on this one)
    - The Teachers Pet
    - In the Dark
    - Detective Trapp
    - Missing and Murderer: Finding Cleo
    - Bad Batch
    - The Drop Out
    - Believed
    - The Mysterious Mr. Epstein 

• @inthewoods23 I can't believe it took me this long to make the connection, but one of my old-time favorite food bloggers is gluten and dairy free! She has celiac and one of her kids has a dairy allergy! Her recipes are all pretty easy and we enjoy them! https://iowagirleats.com/2019/01/18/homemade-hot-chocolate-recipe/ 

• @inthewoods23 darn 😕 that’s frustrating. I hope you’re right about the dark chocolate version! 
  • Seriously, @mvt2003 you and everyone else have been absolutely amazing at providing me with info for this new diet ❤️❤️❤️❤️
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @bluetickgal It does feel like Monday! I have to keep reminding myself that it's not (Thankfully!!) It's so cold here too  :s  And I hate it!
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @inthewoods23 oh I hope you don’t have to order more Lupron! That would be great. I hope you found something delicious for lunch today. 

@kpearse99 I so hope that this the only cycle you have to deal with clomid!

@ttcbabyodo enjoy your slow time! It’s so nice to have that mental break before things get crazy. 

@gingermama29 oh that’s a bummer about the speakeasy. DH went once before a hockey game but we always forget to go. My office used to be near there.  I’ve never been to Cellar, did you like it? Thank you for providing my nosey self with details 😂

@krystrist2014 I love the “feeding MH folate” haha! Even when my sleep sucks I am usually able to see some kind of shift even if I have to guess at the exact day so hopefully you will too 

@bluetickgal yes! I’m all in for October! So tell your uterus, no long cycle shenanigans!

• krystrist2014krystrist2014 member
    edited January 2020
    @bows22 Lol, it was hilarious because I started by just giving him zinc because I had heard that was good for men TTC, then I got him a multivitamin because he doesn’t eat very well. So every night I bring him his supplements and a drink to take them with. Then this past week I found out folate is good for dudes too and I added that too. When I put them in his hand he was like “WHAT THE HELL?!? 3 now?!?” 🤣🤣 I was like, “I take 3 too! It’s good for you!”

edited for spelling 

• @krystrist2014 That's so funny! MH is up to so many vitamins and pills he has his own daily pill organizer :D 

He takes a GNC vitamin pack that has fish oil and some other stuff in addition to his multivitamins, and he's also got his Clomid and his antacid. My pill organizer has my prenatal, fish oil, vitamin D, and my IVF meds. It's like we're 70 years old already :D 

• @mvt2003 Lol! Sounds like you are both being super healthy and will therefore live well beyond 70! 😊 My husband on the other hand is not at all health conscious so I have to drug him with supplements and vitamins. 😜
  • LOL @krystrist2014 I put all of MH's supplements into one of those handy-dandy pill boxes that have the days of the week on it. I don't care if it makes him feel like a senior citizen, if I'm taking all of these vitamins and eating all the right foods, this is the least he can do.

• @ttcbabyodo forreal! Agree 100%. If I ever need to be backed up I’ll just make MH read this thread. 🤣 Hes not alone. 
  • *lurking*
    @krystrist2014 MH and I take many of the same supplements (Omega3, CoQ10, Vit D, Vit C, probiotic, magnesium) but then his containers have FertilAid and his anti-depressants, and mine have methylfolate. I found out he was too lazy to fill his own containers last week so he was stealing from mine because they looked the same. I told him it was fine, other than the fact that he was stealing my expensive special methylated folate supplement and he was all worried that he poisoned himself. *eyeroll* First of all, if it was poison, does he really think I'd be taking it? Second, I pointed out that men need folate too. He thinks it's just for growing babies. Sigh. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @krystrist2014 glad you had a great weekend!

@bluetickgal gonna need to see your Sophie! She sounds like a cutie!

@bows22 haha happy to help 😂. I really liked Cellar! We did a flight of wine for $13 and they give you 2oz in each glass so it's a good deal. The food was really delicious too! We had a great conversation with the chef which added to the great experience we had there. The Fiona peach champagne is super delicious if you do make your way over there! I will definitely visit there again!  
  • @gingermama29 this is my sweet Sophie! Had DH help me take the first to get her spots (they were more pronounced when she was younger), then tried more naturally and the second resulted...notice Louie is not impressed in the background! 😂
  • @gingermama29 I’m definitely going to have to check it out! We don’t go out that way usually but maybe when it gets nicer. As I get older I get crankier about street parking in the cold. 

@bluetickgal 😂😂 thank you for pointing out Louie in the background because I think I would have missed him and his expression is amazing 

• @bows22 haha, you’re welcome! That’s pretty much typical Louie, so I thought he needed to be shared as well! He’s a big ole grump!