March 2020 Moms

January Symptoms

Re: January Symptoms

• Been feeling mild period like cramps since Saturday, lower abdominal pressure, and hip pain. I called my doctors office this morning to be seen today so I go at 1. I don’t know if it’s how he’s positioned, or if it’s Braxton Hicks, or something else...I can’t really remember BH feeling like this when I was pregnant with my first. I’m currently 33 weeks. No bleeding or increased pain, just on and off cramps since Saturday afternoon. The pressure and hip pain is pretty much consistent. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Well I guess I’ll bring the stomach aches up to my OB on Wednesday and see what she says! 

@slim000 ive been feeling the hiccups, like maybe once a day but just recently started! 

@puppylove8910 I go back and forth with constipation, but even prepregnancy I usually only went every 2-3 days. During pregnancy, sometimes I’m on that same track and some other times daily. But my external hemmeroid flares up during the constipation bouts so that’s not fun. 
  • LOL @stassischroeder I don’t *think* it’s pee... I haven’t ever leaked before (minus one time last month when I had a major coughing fit while walking). That’s not to say it won’t happen though. 😂 
  • @abbyanneheird I’ve been having period type pains in lower abdomen, sometimes with lower back pain. My OB said it’s contractions, but not to be concerned unless it becomes frequent and regular. 

@miss.sally I had that change in discharge a week or so ago, and since I’m FTM, was concerned my water broke. But I think the consistency of discharge can just change sometimes. It went back to the thick type so I don’t know, maybe just a weird day lol 
  • @mauvelousone and @miss.sally I accredit a lot of my forgetfulness, clumsiness, mess-ups to pregnancy brain, and also feel like it never went away.  
    @Cristin343 I have been exceptionally moody lately, just really feeling the stress and discomfort these days. I'm hot constantly, and her movements often border painful but, assuming I'm just a wuss, at the very least are really uncomfortable. I usually feel like my irritation with DH is warranted, but my poor 2 and 4 year old don't know what is happening!!
    @slim000 This girl gets the hiccups a ton compared to my last two pregnancies.
    @puppylove8910 This whole pregnancy has been a rollercoaster of not being able to go at all for a few days, to barely holding it in for a day or two. So I'm afraid to mess with any modification to try and make myself go, because I don't want the opposite effect.
  • Just left my appt. and it turns out I am having contractions and 1 cm dilated. I was sent to L&D for steroid shot since I’m 33 weeks, and will be going back tomorrow for more monitoring and another shot. To say I’m shocked is an understatement!
  • @abbyanneheird I hope baby stays in longer!
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @silverhope wait... so is it just a brownie with ice cream on top? That’s not even a sundae. I’d be upset too! I’m sorry. Whipped cream is the best part... 😭. Now I want a sundae. 
  • @miss.sally yup just a brownie (and not a very tasty brownie at that) with ice cream on top. :/  My friend had posted an insta story of her son eating a sundae and that’s what made me ask for it ha  :D maybe I’ll get one myself tomorrow :)

• The amount of effort it takes to make a good poop is so frustrating. Colace, prune juice, million ounces of water, constant walks, pure barre, fiber. All to only go once every 2-3 days😭 
    I could’ve written this! MiraLax is my best friend this pregnancy.  Whenever I have a decent poop, I want to cheer myself on and shout it from the rooftops. 

last night I had something weird though... the opposite of constipation (my normal state). I had “Badaritas” as my three year old calls it. 😂 sounds like a Tropical cocktail. I’m not sure whether to be concerned or happy that it’s not the usual hemorrhoid  inducing state. 
  • @miss.sally Your discharge issues sound like what I’ve been dealing with for like ten weeks now. I even went to L&D way back to have the test for amniotic fluid. I think it’s just an insane mix of discharge/pee/sweat/absolute yuck and it’s definitely worse this third time around. I found pads in Walmart called “Just A Period” and they’re supposedly all natural which makes me feel better about wearing them basically around the clock. 

What was the outcome on retaking your 3 hour glucose test? 
  • @Cristin343 I hope you enjoyed every moment of your "badaritas"! Hahaha! I wouldn't be concerned unless it continues. It could just be a shift in hormones. Maybe your constipation phase is OVER! 

Me: 37 | H: 44
    **TW**
    TTC #1: May 2015
    IF DX January 2016- Me: Right sided hydrosalpinx 
    Right tube removed: February 2016
    Acupuncture + TCM: March 2016
    BFP: July 4, 2016 | DS: March 2017 (39w 2d)
    TTC #2: April 2019
    BFP #2: April 2019 | CP: April 30, 2019 (4w 2d)
    BFP #3: July 15, 2019
    EDD: March 23, 2020

• keeksie84keeksie84 member
    edited January 2020
    @silverhope I would have wanted to cry too (or actually cried, lol). 
    @cristin343 add me to team Miralax! I take it every single night. I've gotten cocky before thinking I didn't need it anymore. Nope! We are homies for life, or at least until March. 

AFM, I'm experiencing the hell that is a head cold with no decongestants. I realize that a lot of you have dealt with this too...so miserable! I'm using my netti pot and trying to stay hydrated, but man this sucks. I really want to drink some Throat Coat tea, but my internet sleuthing says that slippery elm bark is a no no. Maybe I'll call my midwife and see what she says... 
  • @keeksie84 o noooo! so sorry you have a head cold! my mom recommends chicken soup (homemade, but MH swears by the normal campbells when he is sick if we don't have time for homemade) & gargling with salt water. that throat coat tea is The Best, seriously--but I would say, since it's off limits rn, any hot water and honey is going to make you feel good. Are you at 32 weeks yet? Maybe you can do some red raspberry leaf tea with honey (& I like it with lemon juice, too) & that might be helpful! Get well asap! <3

Also, as I was looking up which tea to recommend before RRLT occurred to me, as I sit here drinking a homemade London fog w/ early grey & lavender, I read that steeped lavender isn't great for pregnancy--it's not #1 on anyone's list of the bad ones, and the essential oil is fine, but apparently the tea is to be avoided. I bet it's just in large doses, which in no way am I having, but stillllll. booo! I just made these lavender chocolate chunk cookies yesterday & thought I was about to go on a lavender kick but I guess not. oh well. one cup won't hurt, but dang, so annoying.
  • @miss.sally Even if you didn't have a point with your question, I am glad you put it out there... I have the exact same thing going on over here. I'm definitely wearing liners from now on.
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @kagesstarshroom thanks so much for all those great recommendations! I guess there is a lot more I could be doing to take care of myself. I'm thinking about Amazon Fresh-ing myself a care package at work today. Omg, such a bummer about lavender. Those cookies sound absolutely amazing and I love London Fog tea. (currently looking up dates to the lavender festival in my state) 
  • @abbyanneheird FX everything goes well for you today. 
    @keeksie84 I've had a head cold for almost 2 weeks now. It really is the worse especially at this point when we are all just achy and irritable lol I hope you get some rest and feel better soon. 

AFM, anyone experiencing tingling in their hands? I woke up this morning and both my hands were completely numb. It doesn't seem like they are swollen but it's been a few hours now and I still feel the tingling in my fingers. All I do is type and write at work so it's annoying. 
  • @stacey6689 Yes I’ve felt the tingling and numb hands for quite some time. It’s pregnancy carpal tunnel 😩
  • so I had the period cramps thing too and called my OB - turns out they see this a lot with women in the summer who get dehydrated. Apparently the location of that cramping (for me anyway) signifies that I need to push more water thru my system. So that means drinking more and peeing more frequently but my god how do I do that!? hahaha 

also i'm officially a rotisserie chicken too these days
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @momoftoddlers I haven’t been back! My midwife only just called me back today and I wasn’t around my phone. So now I wait to see what they want to do. 

I had six really painful contractions back to back this morning (like 3 mins apart), but they’ve stopped/slowed down since so I’m not worried. I can’t drive 45 mins and spend half a day in L&D every time this happens. It just sucks! 
  • @stassischroeder did you have YS early? I would like this one to come the same time DS came: 2 wks and change early. 

But we have some stuff to do first and I’m only 32 wks, so I def agree on the at least 5 wks part. 

Last time I wanted baby to stay in as long as possible bc I was so nervous about the life adjustment. This time, I kinda just wanna get going. 

But I need to do a run through with my in laws so they can watch DS and I haven’t prepared any notes or anything for that yet...I’m just so tired all the time and never seem to get anything achieved off my to do list. I wish I weren’t so tired all the time. 

• My pelvis hurts so bad now. I just got up from my desk to walk to the bathroom, and it was so painful! Ugh! 
    I notice that it's worse after sitting in a certain position or for long periods of time, but since it also hurts to be up and moving a lot, it's like a vicious cycle. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • @keeksie84 echoing was @stassischroeder said - my OB told me it was fine to take Zicam (to shorten cold) and Benadryl for congestion/to help me sleep. I decided to take the Benadryl only at nighttime so that I could sleep but not take it during the day and just suffer through. You need sleep to get over a cold and I could not have slept well without the meds! Of course it's up to your comfort level, but talk to your OB so you don't suffer needlessly!
  • Anyone else feel like they’ve “dropped?” 

I didn’t think this babe could get any lower but OMG it’s like my belly is literally hanging. It’s horribly uncomfortable. I can also feel every little movement in my cervix. I could feel some before but it’s gotten intense. I don’t have another appointment until next week but I’m so anxious to talk to my midwives about the growth scan and everything. Ahhh. 
  • Thanks everyone for the kind words. I called my midwife who said yes to robitussin, which is great because I'm practically full on peeing myself when I get a cough attack. She said no to throat coat tea (my favorite) but I took @kagesstarshroom 's advice and loaded up on hot tea with lemon and honey.

@kantobean, I've cried DAILY for the past two weeks. My wonderful husband had been so patient and understanding, thankfully. I feel like a mess! 
  • @miss.sally nope, but with DS, once I dropped he was here within a week. I had been taking weekly belly bump pics and u could def see the drop. Can you tell in photos?

• @silverhope I haven’t taken a photo but I can tell in the mirror! I’ll compare tomorrow’s photo with last weeks. 
  • @chichiphin interesting! What was the location of your cramps? 

@silverhope DS was born at 39+6 after a membrane sweep, so I don't have a history of preterm labor. BUT, I'm a little curious if my cervix will behave differently this time since there was previously a lot of scar tissue that had to be broken by the L&D nurses (and my son). So I'm not sure if it was compromised at all. Probably not, but I'm going to ask my OB anyway. 

Anywho, I haven't had any more period-like cramps, so I'm hoping I'm in the clear for now!

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @stassischroeder where my ovaries were pre-pregnancy & in the low back
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• I am way late to this party but I cannot sleep anymore for the life of me!  I cannot get comfortable.  Like @miss.sally said -- I feel like a rotisserie chicken! The pregnancy pillow was a life-changer but now I'm gigantic and cannot get comfortable for any long period of time.  I can't breathe on my back, but my back and hips hurt if I'm on either of my sides.  It's awful.

And the hot flashes, I was not expecting.

Also, my nipples have started leaking.  A lot.
  • @silverhope I would have cried about that sundae and then my boyfriend would have gotten upset that I wasn't appreciative of him going out of his way to get me a treat.... I'm sorry!

@stassischroeder I feel like I maaaay have had BH but I don't really know what they feel like (FTM). It gets tight down every now and then, so I sit down and drink more water.  Seems to help.  I am more crampy than anything, like @abbyanneheird.  No bleeding, just cramping with pressure and hip/back pain.  I feel like my back is just always going to be in pain from here on out.

Oh and don't get me started on discharge.  I need to start using a panty liner because I'm going through undies way too quickly and I feel grossish. 

@slim000 My LO has had a few hiccups over the last few weeks but not often.  They're so cute though, lol.

@stac4056 @miss.sally @mauvelousone Pregnancy brain is the worst.
  • Well, looks like I have a fungal infection in my toe nail. Yippee. My OB was no help, couldn’t even tell me which type of topical cream is pregnancy safe. So now I’m going to take a pic and send it to my Primary Care doc to see what I should do. Anybody have any experience with this? 
  • I broke and took a Unisom last night, and was finally able to sleep better. 
    But now I'm embarrassingly sweaty at work. I literally sit at a desk at my computer, but I look and feel like a disgusting beast! I just break out in sweats for no reason. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • @mrsc918 try using Apple Cider Vinegar. I had ring worm earlier this year from the gym (barf) and ACV worked better than any antifungal topical cream I was given. Use it a few times a day! 
    Me: 37 | H: 44
    **TW**
    TTC #1: May 2015
    IF DX January 2016- Me: Right sided hydrosalpinx 
    Right tube removed: February 2016
    Acupuncture + TCM: March 2016
    BFP: July 4, 2016 | DS: March 2017 (39w 2d)
    TTC #2: April 2019
    BFP #2: April 2019 | CP: April 30, 2019 (4w 2d)
    BFP #3: July 15, 2019
    EDD: March 23, 2020

• @mrsvp614 Oh no, does the Unisom make you sweaty?  I'm considering trying it because I cannot sleep for the life of me.  There is just no comfort, and then I can't get to sleep!