September 2020 Moms

Strange cravings

Anyone having weird cravings?
Mine right now are apple fritters and pizza with ranch dressing (two separate cravings)
Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
F born June 2018
W born September 2020
#3 due November 2022

Re: Strange cravings

• Lemonade, bagels slathered in butter and pita chips with hummus (but only a certain type of hummus at a specific cafe). 
    <BabyFetus Ticker >
  • BLTs (turkey bacon and just mayo) for breakfast. A-maz-ing!

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • machenomacheno member
    edited January 2020
    Mine aren't weird necessarily, just very specific. Nachos, but only with really thin chips, refried beans, cheese, sour cream, guacamole and salsa.  I've also been craving a caesar salad from one lunch spot in NYC. I seem to always want things that are on the not for pregnant ladies list- i.e. hot dogs, italian meat subs, sushi.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Depends on the day. Haven’t had anything that I have craved more than once yet. One day it was a salad (which I don’t really care for any other day). Today it was orange juice, which usually I hate. 

I’m really just in the “nothing sounds good but I’m hungry” phase. 
  • I really really wanted a cheeseburger for lunch today and I am already regretting this decision. 🤢
  • I haven't had any cravings but I have definitely had some random aversions! Anything involving corn - ugh i can hardly even write it lol
    DS1 2009
    DS2 2010
    DS3 2014
    DD born 8/24/2020!
  • Caprese sandwiches. I always like them but want them more frequently when pregnant. It was one of the first signs I was pregnant, since it was a craving I had with my first. 

Oh and slushees too.
  • @mandamomof3 - lol. i also wanted taco bell this week, but i haven't had it in over a decade so I decided that might not be a great idea. We went to a mexican place instead and i was satisfied. Ate way too much of my enchiladas and chips and salsa but it was sooooo good. 
  • @mandamomof3 @31magnolia I had Taco Bell the other day and regretted it afterwards when every time I burped i tasted it. Not a fan lol real mexican sounds so much better! 
  • @greyl - Lol. Yea, once you've been off taco bell it's best not get back on it. haha. I used to eat it all the time when I was younger!
  • Oh man, now you guys got me wanting Mexican lol. But my city has nothing but taco bell or chain burrito place. Guess it's time to plan to go visit my folks in Florida lol.
    On the plus side, I'm getting my pizza tonight. As long as H isn't too mad at me for backing into the neighbors car...
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @mflowers929 oh I don’t know what I would do without my tacos and chips & salsa!! You Definitely need to make a trip to FL ! & FX he’s not too mad and gets you your pizza!! 
  • Now I really want nachos but the weather outside is frightful.  :(
  • I just want bagels with cream cheese. Or toast with butter on it. All day. Every day. 
  • Not sure if this is really a craving or a huge want because I can't have it...we're going out to a wing place tonight and I just really want a cold beer  :#
  • Cereal and milk. Veggie eggrolls. Grapefruit juice. I never, ever drink fruit juice...but I'm craving it like NONE OTHER.
  • @emohay1988 I crave either lemonade or orange juice lol. Luckily I can drink all the OJ I want at my work 😂
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @emohay1988 Grapefruit sounds so good right now! I love OJ when I'm pregnant, and the little mandarin oranges. I've already been going through bags of them. 

I've been eating pickles like crazy already. Also, cucumber and cream cheese sandwiches, everything bagels, smoothies, mac and cheese.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • The only thing I can stomach right now is greasy, salty, fried, or white carbs. I'm eating a lot of pizza, fried mozzarella sticks, bagels, and noodles. 
  • Crispy green grapes is another craving of mine. Sooooo goooood
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Food is the WORST. Everything sounds terrible. Junk food is the only thing that sounds remotely good occasionally. Just had some pizza rolls for lunch. 
  • @mandamomof3 that’s also me today. Nothing sounds good at all and what I did have for breakfast made me feel so sick right after. 
  • Nothing sounds good today either. Except for cereal. Had some rice chex and it was nice and bland. H wanted to have a whole breakfast and I was like only if you want to cook it for yourself! 
  • I had a craving (which was fulfilled) for a club sandwich and crinkle cut fries. Specifically crinkle cut. MH tried to get me to grab straight cut and I nearly snapped his head off 😂
    My latest craving is a meal of pierogi, sausage, and sauerkraut lol
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @mflowers929 polish sausage and sauerkraut sounds so yummy!! Although I am nervous of how my currently angry digestive system would react. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @mflowers929 omg now I want a turkey club and fries from a nj diner I miss them soooo much! 

Nothing tastes good to me. I don’t know if my food wasn’t seasoned properly today but it was so gross and I was disappointed. I really want chocolate. A chocolate milkshake sounds so good or a frosty from Wendy’s !! 
  • Lemonade, ice in every drink, chocolate frosted donuts, and chicken nuggets. I feel like a five year old, lol.
  • Cheesesteaks, pizza (which I don’t even like!), Chocolate hummus and lots of ice in my water 
  • Yes to ice in beverages, me too! My weird craving has been clams? Like straight up steamed clams. Which is not a food I particularly love or even really thought much about before pregnancy...
  • I'm a member of the OJ club! I have been wanting a lot of produce - broccoli, fruits, etc... which is super weird because with my first pregnancy I feel like I only wanted junk food (Which I still am eating btw lol). I'm waiting for morning sickness to hit still though so produce might disgust me soon. First pregnancy I took a test after a week of basically eating crackers and Gingerale, but this time I must be a little earlier to the game. 
    Hubby & Me: Born 1993
    Married: August 2013
    Son: December 2018
    Baby in heaven: February 2020, was due Sept

• Somebody here mentioned green grapes and I've been dreaming of them lol I just got myself some and they are one of those foods that while I am eating them I feel nausea free but the minute I stop it is back. If only we could be constantly eating. 
    I just carry a package of saltines everywhere I go because I never know when a really bad wave of nausea will hit me. My toddler loves this.
  • @beaandthebabes I just bought green grapes today!!! I hope they’re good.
  • That was me with the grapes lol. I blame my work mom.
    I have enough for tomorrow and then time to go shopping again! Grapes and cheese! I'm pretty sure that I could live on them lol
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022