March 2020 Moms

January Symptoms

Re: January Symptoms

• @miss.sally UGH that sounds so miserable. Do your midwives have any suggestions aside from give birth and it will go away?
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @miss.sally I have NO CLUE if this would work for pregnancy swelling, but when I did weight lifting comps, we would eat an ungodly amount of asparagus (3 servings of 8-10 stalks a day) and drink literal gallons of water leading up to a comp. perhaps a smaller scale version of this would be helpful?? like some with lunch and/or dinner?
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Loading the player...
  • @chichiphin Weight lifting comps?!?!??! OMG NEED TO KNOW MORE! So impressive and cool!
    *TW*

• @miss.sally, I’ve heard that upping your protein and salt intake can help. Which is the opposite of usual advice 🤷🏼‍♀️ But google Brewer’s Diet. Also magnesium! Both as a supplement and in epsom salt soaks. I haven’t had any swelling so test it on, but my coworker who now has a three week old passed along both of those tidbits as things that kind of worked for her. 
  •  :'( I have no suggestions, unfortunately, @miss.sally but I was thinking about you yesterday! What ended up happening with your heart monitor and all of that?
  • @EmilyLove25 haha I promise it isn't as cool as it sounds - I essentially did the bikini-level comps for NPC. I did two total comps in Cali. Eventually the commitment was too much mentally and physically. I still weightlift though as my normal workout routine. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @lemonlove86 they never even told me! I keep forgetting to ask my OB at appointments. 

@EmilyLove25 I haven’t talked to the midwife yet. I have an appointment in a week so I’ll see what they say. 
  • @miss.sally, yes def decrease salt intake and eat watermelon, it’s a natural diuretic ! 
  • @creativesoul63 I think I may be experiencing them too! Almost 29 weeks, I’m feeling a tightness and pressure in my abdomen and it’s not baby moving (she kicked during and it was different). Can anyone chime in on how BH feel? I was googling and have a midwife appointment in a week but some insight would be great!
  • @dunder_mifflin, to me, BH kind of feel just like a slightly uncomfortable tightening in my abdomen.. they get painful for me though if I walk a lot or am on my feet a lot.  

@miss.sally, I second an epsom salt soak.. that works for me to bring down some of the swelling.  Other than that, just drinking a lot of water and propping my feet up once in awhile seems to help a little... swelling is still really bad for me though in the morning/evening, especially in my hands.  I have to say though, with my winter pregnancies, swelling has been much less than it was with my summer pregnancy.. my ankles turned into cankles with that one.  lol. 

• Thank you @treetop19, that’s pretty much how I’m feeling :) I’ve been very active lately and having them more frequently so I think it’s a sign to slow down
  • @EmilyLove25 DH & I went to L&D class at the hospital yesterday & almost every dream I had last night, I had a baby. As a FTM, this is new--I've had like 2-3 dreams about babies this whole pregnancy and about the same before in my life. So I think being at the hospital put at least my subconscious on the impatient train! We still have so much to do around the house, so even though I CAN wait, I also am really looking forward to March. ....Not to mention the most fun part about living in Louisiana is Mardi Gras and I can't really do much fun stuff related to that due to the fact I'll be less than a month out on 2/25 =**(.

• @pdx2020 @miss.sally I was going to mention the brewer diet/increased protein for swelling too. Hard boiled eggs are a quick way to up your protein. 
  • edited January 2020
    Have anyone else’ hips been hurting? My hips are starting to feel it. any ideas for relief? I’m still wearing little bootie heals because I don’t have flat boots. I didn’t think they were bothering me but maybe they are 🧐

I’m going to my midwife appointment on Wednesday so I’ll check-in with her as well. 
  • @dunder_mifflin, I don’t have any suggestions for relief besides stretching, massage, and epsom salt baths, but everything I’ve read about footwear recommends a bit of a (low!) heel vs totally flat shoes.
  • @dunder_mifflin can you get some more comfortable shoes? My doctor told me to get tennis shoes with support/memory foam soles. They’ve helped a lot. I also have major hip pain with pregnancy though. Unfortunately it kinda comes with the territory. I have heard about some hip wrap type things that hall relieve the pressure but I’ve never tried them myself. 
  • @dunder_mifflin my PT scolded me for wearing any form of a heel. Essentially you're already positioned in a "sway back" position bc of weight on your belly, and the heels only make it worse. So you're giving your low back and hips more to contend with. Get some loafers for work perhaps - and if you commute, break out those sneakers lol also - might wanna ask for a referral for a PT. I swear by what mine has helped me with. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Achy legs over here. I feel fine until about 3pm these days and then my legs feel like dead weights. Like too much lactic acid build up. A warm bath and stretching & of course, sleep alleviate it all. I remember this with my DS, but like everything else this time around it has started sooner. 😂
    Me: 37 | H: 44
    **TW**
    TTC #1: May 2015
    IF DX January 2016- Me: Right sided hydrosalpinx 
    Right tube removed: February 2016
    Acupuncture + TCM: March 2016
    BFP: July 4, 2016 | DS: March 2017 (39w 2d)
    TTC #2: April 2019
    BFP #2: April 2019 | CP: April 30, 2019 (4w 2d)
    BFP #3: July 15, 2019
    EDD: March 23, 2020

• @dunder_mifflin  🙋🏻‍♀️ Count me in for hip pain. I think it’s exacerbated by leaning so heavily on my hips when I sleep, despite using a million pillows. I got some memory foam Skechers sneakers and I do feel noticeably better when I wear them. I also try not to walk around the house barefoot, my back feels better when I wear my hard soled Ugg slippers. 
  • @dunder_mifflin I second asking for a referral to a PT. I've only seen mine once so far (going back on Friday), but I was impressed with how much she was able to help. I tried to do some stretching based on what Spinning Babies had on their website, but that actually made things worse. A professional will be able to pinpoint WHY you're hurting and what exact stretches/exercises will help. 

Overall my endurance is laughable. I tried to do some decluttering yesterday while watching/entertaining DS and ended up irritated at how winded and tired I was. Oh, and my hips start popping/clicking if I do any significant amount of walking. I'm definitely going to ask my PT about this on Friday. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• I echo everyone's sentiments about comfortable shoes! I wear my running shoes (whoops, haven't run in forever) every day and that helps.

Pelvis pain started for me today   :s. It feels like I've over-stretched my groin, but I definitely haven't. 

Also, thanks for the Unisom suggestion. I've been sleeping terribly!
  • @stassischroeder I am so confused by the endurance. I can, no joke, quite easily run 5 miles... but I can't walk up my stairs, carry laundry, or cook dinner without being completely winded and dead. I don't get it???
    *TW*

• @stassischroeder @EmilyLove25 Same with endurance, or lack thereof. The 2-year-old WORE ME OUT this weekend. Even getting him dressed in the morning takes it out of me.
    I also break out a sweat doing just about everything, which is embarrassing! 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • @dunder_mifflin I have had bad hip and back pain for several months. Here’s what is finally helping:

-stretching regularly
    -doing squats/lunges when I can
    -sitting down to do things like get dressed or put on shoes (I don’t even try to stand on one leg...not worth it).
    -and the biggest thing: I got a maternity support belt! It’s helping a lot! I wear it all the time during the day. It really minimizes the pain.
  • My hemorrhoids and constipation are ridiculous this third time around. I’ve tried colace, but it’s not helping much. Any suggestions?  
  • @dunder_mifflin I live in tennis shoes. I'll wear sandals and boots to work, but I ALWAYS have tennis shoes on hand. Marathon running/age have destroyed my feet, and I also DGAF. But 6-9 months pregnant, I FLAGRANTLY wear tennis shoes at work. Good for you! 
    *TW*

• @MichaelaMTP Magnesium. Lots of magnesium. Try to get 100% or more of the daily recommended amount. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• I caved and ordered a support belt🤦🏼‍♀️ Pregnancy #2 is just.... different.... sigh....👵🏻😂
    **TW**

• @mrsvp614 This started happening to me over the weekend. :# Not fun! lol
  • @mrsvp614 when I used to swim competitively my bathing suits would often rub against my skin during all the long practices and leave sores that resembled hickeys. Lol. I used to lather on Vaseline or A&D ointment before I got in the pool and this would help. Can you try something like this before you put on your pants? It'll be a bit messy, but hopefully, it does the trick. 
    **TW**

• UGH @mrsvp614 me too!!! I've taken to putting hydrocortisone on it at night.

way too much TMI but I think I'm chaffing because of wiping from all the peeing I do... like wtf is that?? additionally - the hot flashes have started. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @mrsvp614 BodyGlide is a GAMECHANGER!!

• For you ladies with chafing...I don’t know if it’s pregnancy safe so you’d have to check with the OB, but pre-pregnancy I used Monistat Chafing Powder Gel and it was sooooo amazing!!! I highly recommend if it’s OKAY’d by your OB. 

AFM, I keep seeing everyone mention BH contractions. But I am having different contractions...lower abdomen menstrual type cramps with tightening and sometimes happens at same time with lower back ache. Anybody else experience these? OB said it’s contractions but I don’t need to worry “unless it’s regular, every 5 minutes”. Ok I guess? But does make me worry that I’m going to go into labor early. 
  • @mrsvp614 I had very painful chafing along my panty line with my pregnancy with DS2 in third tri and when I asked my midwives for what they recommend to help, they said Zeasorb jock itch powder.  :lol: It did help me though.

DS1 07/2015
    DS2 10/2017
    DS3 due 03/2020
  • momoftoddlersmomoftoddlers member
    edited January 2020
    @mrsc918 I think bc everyone feels contractions somewhat differently that’s why the doctors focus on regularity. Maybe I’m wrong but I thought anything early and irregular was called a BH. Unfortunately you can have the irregular (BH) contractions for weeks and unless they’re getting frequent or severe the docs usually aren’t concerned. 

That being said, if you’re feeling off you’re always entitled to go in and get checked out. I’m pretty sure I ended up in L&D 3x in my third trimester first pregnancy because I just wasn’t sure. 

ETA: If I’m having what I think is a BH it’s usually when I’m moving too fast and I sit down, drink water and put my feet up and it’s gone, which gives me peace of mind. 
  • Ugh the chaffing sucks! I have it a bit, I returned pants that didn’t fit comfortably in my crotch because I have chubby little legs and knew chaffing would eventually find me, haha.

i hate to Come on here with another Symptom, but my job is really intense (mainly mentally) and physically I am on my feet a fair bit. Last week I had back to back family meetings and I almost fainted at work. I was full (just had lunch), and I started to feel very hot in a family meeting and my cheeks were burning. I got all sweaty and I started seeing little sparkle floaters in my eyes. I had blood pressure taken by one of our docs and it was normal, temp was also normal. I called midwife and we all thought I was coming down with a cold and overdid it so I just went home and took a sick day. I was so bad my colleague had to drive me home as I wasn’t feeling well.

yesterday I took things slower at work, but today is really busy and we had a major bed surge and there was a push to discharge patients if possible so we were all on the go. I mentally exerted myself in the morning (felt fine) and by the afternoon ow as flush again and experienced similar symptoms. I immediately realized and didn’t try to push through The symptoms and ignore them, I took things slow and they eventually subsided 3 hours later. I saw the floaters a bit and everything. I ate some more chicken and some cookies (heehee).

im wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I have midwife appointment tomorrow and I want to discuss for sure but I’m wondering if I need to go to occupational health and request my caseload be reduced? If that’s the case I’ll feel terrible and like I’m leaving my colleagues in a bind. They are happy to help and super supportive but are these just one-off’s? Has this happened to anyone else? 

Thank you!
  • @dunder_mifflin I’ve definitely gotten flush and started seeing stars also. Especially if I take too hot of a shower. I think it would absolutely be in your best interest to take a smaller load of possible. It’s time to put you and baby first!! That was something my midwife stressed when I was in last Friday. She said there aren’t that many weeks left and every moment counts at this point so just take time for you and baby. It’s so, so important. ((Hugs)). I know it’s so hard to slow down but obviously people will understand. And if they don’t then they can kiss off. Creating a whole human is no joke!