April 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Check-in (All Groups) week of 12/30

2»

Re: Weekly Check-in (All Groups) week of 12/30

• Options
    @nicoleyolee Glad to hear you passed it!!!!
    For strollers we had some specific criteria that helped narrow it down but we had to compromise a little bit on weight in order to have wheels that won't drive us too crazy by not withstanding winters and city living. It's still one of the lighter models though and collapses very easily
  • Options

EDD/W+D: 4/20/20, currently 25 weeks on the dot

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: blue!

Baby is the size of a(n): cauliflower, apparently

Upcoming Appointments: glucose test on 2/4 & i'm not excited! my office does a two hour test, three blood draws total, and I have to get rhogam again.

How are you feeling? like I'm in the honeymoon phase! love feeling all these little kicks all the time.

Raves/Rants: truly can't think of anything.

Questions: bathtubs! I did an embarrassing amount of research on infant tubs the other night, and for the life of me can't figure out what's going to work best in my home. my kitchen sink is a double sink, and apparently nothing fits in those. i started to think i'm going to have to change the faucet in my main bathroom downstairs.

GTKY: What are your plans for New Year’s? husband & i stayed home, made a steak dinner per tradition, and watched the phish stream from Madison Square Garden. can't believe i actually stayed awake until well past midnight.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @phinzlabyrinth Do you have the spray attachment for your sink?  If so you can just put the bathtub on the counter.  We usually just put the baby bathtub in our bathtub.   

@nicoleyolee We've ended up with three strollers.  We have a light weight stroller that was cheap and like one step above an umbrella stroller, we have the regular "traditional" four wheeled stroller that came with our first travel system.  And then we upgraded our travel system when Babies R US went out of business to one with a jogging stroller.  It does depend a ton on your personal preference and needs but I would stick to an umbrella stroller for a light weight quick easy option when LO gets a bit older and I would look for a three wheeled option if not a full jogging stroller with a travel system so you can pop the infant carrier in since they are so much easier to maneuver than the 4 wheeled ones, but they are heavier.  But that's my two cents based on our needs and experience  :)  
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    @KFrob We do have a spray attachment so that's an idea, I just fear water everywhere, slippery babies on top of counter tops, and our cabinets are kind of in the way. There will be a lot of trial & error I have no doubt... :D
  • Options
    @phinzlabyrinth We bathed DS in the bathroom sink at first. We had to keep hands on him and make sure he stayed far away from the faucet. Once he was getting too big, especially once he was sitting up, we put the baby bathtub in the tub. By one or so, he was just taking baths in the standard tub. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20