Weekly Check-in (All Groups) week of 12/30

EDD/W+D: 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions:

GTKY: What are your plans for New Year’s?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
Baby number 2 due 4/11/20

Re: Weekly Check-in (All Groups) week of 12/30

• EDD/W+D: April 10/25w3d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: green with pink vibes lol

Baby is the size of a(n): zack morris’ block phone (this is my personal favorite from all the apps)

Upcoming Appointments: repeat anatomy scan January 8 with a prenatal check up. 

How are you feeling? A lot of my first trimester symptoms are making a triumphant return. Exhaustion, insomnia, achy back... hoping the nausea stays away and never returns. 

Raves/Rants: I feel like there’s so much... the holidays were awesome. My siblings and I decided not to buy for each other this year, but to focus on the kids instead. Little did I know they and my parents got baby their first Christmas presents ❤️ My mom had a beautiful art piece made for baby’s nursery that I just can’t get over! Then we went to Amish country on Saturday with both sets of parents and ordered our nursery furniture. It’s all starting to set in! Crazy! 

Questions: does anyone else have anyone besides their husband in the birthing room? My mom has been my rock and my best friend through everything, and I want her to be in there. Just wasn’t sure how unusual that was?

GTKY: What are your plans for New Year’s? We always get together with our group of friends and play games, eat dinner, and drink. They bought me sparkling grape juice this year lol but I was sure to inform them I may not make it to midnight! 
  • EDD/W+D: 4/6 - 26w today!

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: pink

Baby is the size of a(n): kale 

Upcoming Appointments: Not until Jan 25th where we’ll do a growth ultrasound and regular on checkup 

How are you feeling? Ugh. Insomnia is really kicking my ass. It’s making me super tired during the day which increases my anxiety levels. My lower back and hips are still hurting too but Tylenol and stretches have been helping.

Raves/Rants: The holidays were wonderful and a reminder of how spoiled I am, not with material things (which I am, my mom still treats Christmas like I’m a child) but with health and family and love. We had our big extended family Christmas Eve bash and then a small and intimate Christmas dinner just with immediate family. There was so much laughter and happiness and no drama. 

Questions: Is there anything you can safely take for insomnia? Also, are birth plans like a real thing that you write up and stuff? When should I make one?

GTKY: What are your plans for New Year’s? Staying in and eating yummy food and watching movies with my husband and animals. I have zero desire to go out this year. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @ejoseph16 It sounds like you had a lovely holiday, too! I’m so glad! Also, in regards to the birthing room, I’m a FTM so this is all new to me but I don’t think it’s weird AT ALL if you want your mom there with you. It should be whomever will bring you comfort and support.
  • @ejoseph16 I don’t think it’s unusual to have your mom in the room. SIL invited her mom in when my niece was born. I am not comfortable with being naked or in pain in front of anyone other than DH or medical professionals, so I didn’t allow anyone else in the room, but it is very much a choice. Some hospitals do have limits on the number of people you let in the delivery room, though. 

@literatureandink I wish I had good remedies for the insomnia. Finding comfortable pillows helped me some. I worry about any kind of medication. As for the birth plan, I didn’t write one. I had a conversation with my doctor about what I wanted, which she put in the file. They also asked enough questions when I went in that I basically laid it all out again. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • EDD/W+D: 4/11, 25w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): baseball glove

Upcoming Appointments: Repeat A/S and growth scan tomorrow. Fetal echo 1/21. 

How are you feeling? So tired. And my boobs have started hurting pretty bad again. 

Raves/Rants: Work is exhausting and it’s frustrating to not take or get any time off around the holidays, but I’m getting by. I plan to sleep most of New Year’s Day as its the last weekday I don’t have to work for a while (unless the powers that be approve another holiday soon). 

Questions: No. 

GTKY: What are your plans for New Year’s? I had been planning to put on PJs and watch a bowl game. SIL invited us over to their house, though, so I’ll probably do that. We bought sparkling grape juice that I can drink. I plan to head home and be asleep long before midnight, though. Hoping the inevitable (and illegal) New Year’s fireworks don’t ruin my sleep. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • EDD/W+D: 4/2 - 26W 5D

Team Pink!

Baby is the size of a slow loris

Upcoming appointments: gestational diabetes test on the 8th

How are you feeling: Back is sore and some weird mood swings. Most days I think this is the happiest I've ever been, and yet some mornings I wake up totally depressed.

Raves/Rants: Really enjoying the holidays and the nursery is almost done! I got a cool video of my belly moving that my husband enjoyed watching.

Questions: When are we supposed to start keeping track of how often the baby moves? Does everyone really keep count? The last week or so her active periods have felt pretty consistent and as long as she keeps it up I can't think of a reason to be obsessing over it.

GTKY: We are going to celebrate Christmas with my husband's siblings and parents on NYE and New Year's Day. He worked on Christmas Eve and Christmas so this is his first stretch of days off to celebrate the season!
  • @independentgeorge My doctor hasn’t told me to start kick counts yet, but I’ve been doing it kind of informally. I think you’re supposed to start early 3rd tri. From what I remember, it’s basically just make sure baby kicks at least 10 times in an hour once a day and generally count during baby’s natural active time once you’ve figured it out. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • EDD/W+D: 4/14, 24+6

Baby is the size of a(n): cauliflower for 25 weeks

Upcoming Appointments: had ultrasound and appointment today. Next appointment is 1/24

How are you feeling? Ok

Raves/Rants: my issues from last ultrasound resolved! Now I have a new issue, so I get extra ultrasounds at 32 and 36 weeks. Boo for another issue, but yay for seeing baby more!
    Had my glucose screen today and I was givrn the orange flavor. I absolute hate orange flavored things!

Questions: Anyone else starting to get nervous about delivery now that we're getting closer? I was induced last time at 37 weeks, so I'm getting nervous about going into labor naturally.

No real plans. Just gonna chill at home and try to stay up to watch the ball drop. I do have some sparkling grape juice for the evening.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ejoseph16 I only had DH in the delivery room with me, but that's because my mom would stress me out too much.
    @literatureandink I didn't have a birth plan. I think it can help having things that are important to you mentioned, but know that things can change if necessary.
    @independentgeorge I don't believe kick counts start till 3rd trimester. I just had my 24 week today and they didn't mention it to me.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • EDD/W+D: April 5, 2020/26 Wks 1 day

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): Kale

Upcoming Appointments: January 9

How are you feeling? Exhausted, lots of acid refulx, and nausea has kicked up again.

Raves/Rants: It's my third and I feel so big already!  My body is achy when I wake up.  We have been traveling so that doesn't help.

Questions:  I need to tell my students when I get back.  I only see them once every 2 weeks and I won't have a sub through the end of the year.  I'm sure some have noticed.   I just don't like a lot of attention but it needs to be done as I feel huge.   

GTKY: What are your plans for New Year’s?  Nothing concrete.  DH and I are going to see Star Wars tomorrow afternoon and in the evening we are going to see Christmas lights and then coming home.  We will probably just go to sleep because of exhaustion.  Lol.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• EDD/W+D: April 26th, 23 weeks +1 day

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Green!

Baby is the size of a(n): Grapefruit, croissant, a burrito with the works

Upcoming Appointments: Friday I meet our backup midwife who delivered my cousin's baby this past summer. Just a checkup, but I think we'll be scheduling my glucose test

How are you feeling? Sick. I got hit with my Mum's cold hard and I'm a snotty coughy wreck today. In terms of pregnancy symptoms though not too bad. A little achy in my back and I've been getting short of breath much more easily, but otherwise good!

Raves/Rants: Little rave about DH because he brought me all the cold-fighting things today and came home early to look after me. Also he's been reading through the Harry Potter books out loud (he'd never read them before we met) and we just started the 7th book. Nice cozy way to try to get better.

Questions: Anyone else feel like they're in baby limbo? Like baby is almost here, but also it feels so far away still.

GTKY: What are your plans for New Year’s? We were going to keep it simple, go see a movie maybe, but now it might be even simpler and be a cozy night in since I'm sick. During the day I'm taking my best friend wedding dress shopping and to an afternoon tea to celebrate. Hoping this cold doesn't put too much of a damper on that!
  • @literatureandink My doula likes to call it "birth preferences" instead of a plan. Both she and my midwives had me fill out a questionnaire with some of my preferences, and I think we'll fine tune them a little closer to full term. I like the wording switch because it's a friendly reminder that we will all have to go with the flow, but they know how I want things to go in an ideal world. 

@independentgeorge I believe kick counts start at 28 weeks

@Kathryn0903 Definitely getting a little nervous! Since it's my first I'm mostly nervous about the contractions being way more painful than I could imagine and then my hopes for a natural birth going right out the window. Doing a lot of prep for things to go in my favour though. I'm also terrified at the possibility of a C-section, as I have a major fear of knives and the idea of being open on the table. The closer we get the more I think about it.
  • @ejoseph16 Totally normal for Mum or a friend or sibling to be there too. Just make sure they're in the loop on your preferences and plan so that they don't hear it for the first time in the room and try to challenge it (some Mums "know best" and take over when they see their kiddo in pain). I'm having my husband and a doula, and I might invite my sister in for parts of labour, but I'm reserving that decision for the moment when we're in it. I might get overwhelmed with too many people or I might really want their support... not sure yet!
  • EDD/W+D: April 11 / 25+2

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Purple 💜

Baby is the size of a(n): prairie dog

Upcoming Appointments: Jan 16 for 28 week growth ultrasound, gestational diabetes test and OB apt

How are you feeling? Loving all these movements. Little boy only really moves at night so I worry about him during the day.  Little girl is most active daytime but still minimally active at night.  Still figuring out their schedule for when it is time for kick counts. 

Raves/Rants: Sorry I haven’t been super active in the last week. With the holidays and working it was hard to get everything done when I just wanted sleep. My parents came down and stayed with us Friday night and we had my family’s Christmas at my brother’s on Sat. Unfortunately, nephew was sick at Christmas with a cold/cough and my husband got it, and I feel it coming on. 

Questions: The last few days I’ve had a small pain on the lower left side of my abdomen. I’m hoping it is my colon from constipation, which is getting better since my dr ok’d stool softener (w/out laxatives) and I’ve been a water drinking, apple a day eating pregnant lady. Little boy is on my left side so that probably adds to me worrying about him during the day when he isn’t active. 

I purposely made no plans as I’ve been so tired again. DH and I will stop by his parents early in the evening as they do apps for whoever wants to join them. I told DH we may kiss at midnight for the east coast as 11pm seems appropriate for a late night  being 25 weeks pregnant with twins. 😂
  • EDD/W+D: April 22nd 23+6

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Furby🤣

Upcoming Appointments: Ultrasound & 24wk appointment next Monday. Curious to see if they are still measuring a week and a half ahead!

How are you feeling? Pretty good. I’ve been having what feels like heart palpitations over the past few weeks. My Apple Watch is reading my pulse at 125bpm some days and I’m not sure how accurate it is or if I should be concerned. 

Raves/Rants: Still struggling to embrace this pregnancy and DH admitted to me this weekend that he is nervous about our family dynamic changing (DS will be nearly 10 when #2 is born). 

Questions: Is anyone else struggling/freaking out like me?!?

Absolutely nothing but cleaning my house and going to bed at a decent hour to get myself back into a wake up for work routine (teacher on winter break😁)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @Brags0607 I had the same thing recently with heart rate (no cardiac history). I made sure to drink lots of water and take it easy for a few hours. I otherwise felt totally fine. I think it can sometimes happen due to increased blood volume with pregnancy and based on baby’s position (if he’s pressing on anything important). Mine resolved within an hour or so. I’d call OB though if it’s a sustained high HR that doesn’t go back down or if you have other symptoms. 

@ejoseph16 I’ve had the same thoughts about delivery room. I think I’ll have my mom on call for a game time decision (she lives really close to hospital). 

@mandarenee898 I get worried during baby’s quiet times too! He’s pretty reliably active in the  evening but the day time hours go so slow if he’s not moving and I’m waiting for kicks! 

@korthouse baby limbo is a perfect term! I feel like he should be here but I still have 3+ months! 

@Kathryn0903 I keep thinking about all the inconvenient places I could go into labor or have my water break (I commute by train 90 min each way). But then the more rational side of me remembers that I’ll have more frequent appointments as it gets closer and it will all probably (hopefully?) be fine! 
  • EDD/W+D: 25w2d, April 12

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: blue 

Baby is the size of a(n): Napa cabbage 

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday for glucose test 

How are you feeling? Good! Belly is starting to feel heavy which brings back and lower abdominal pain. 

Raves/Rants: This week between holidays is so strange. I have off completely which I haven’t had since probably college and I don’t know what to do with myself! Trying to prep for baby but some stuff still feels too early. I’d rather this than being drowning in work tho! 

Questions:none 

GTKY: What are your plans for New Year’s? Staying in! My BIL is staying with us this week so the three of us will probably just get dinner and then watch the countdown on tv. I have no desire to be in huge crowds or paying a cover charge for unlimited drinks that I can’t have! 
  • EDD/W+D:  4/30, 22w5d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): Hedgehog

Upcoming Appointments: not until the 16th

How are you feeling? Mostly good, but pretty run down lately with the lack of sleep.  I know I should be exercising but finding it really hard to have the energy to do which feels like a catch 22 since I know it will help me sleep better. 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions:

GTKY: What are your plans for New Year’s?  DH and I are staying in and eating a bunch of apps from Trader Joe's.  It's become our tradition.  We'll see if we make it to midnight!  
  • @Brags0607 I had some palpitations earlier in the pregnancy around 18 or 20 weeks. I have a heart condition, so it freaked me out. But, it is normal as long as it’s not consistent. Definitely talk to your OB if it keeps happening. I have since had my heart looked at and it looks normal for my heart. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @korthouse I’m totally with you in baby limbo! I keep tricking myself into thinking there’s so much time left so I haven’t had a fire under my butt to get stuff done but 14 weeks isn’t really THAT long to go! Also, I really Iike the wording change to birth “preferences”. My only real sticking point is healthy baby, healthy mama. The rest, while it would be nice, is gravy.

@KFrob mmmmm Trader Joe apps...what are your faves?
  • @literatureandink Brie and Cranberry bites and these little filo cups that have onion jam and feta in them.  They didn't have either at our last trip though so we went with mini chicken tacos, mozzarella sticks, and spinach and artichoke dip, you know, all the super healthy options...
  • @kfrob yummmmmm I’m coming over. Where do you live again? Lol
  • @Brags0607 If it makes you feel any better my brother is a good 9 years older than me and it meant my parents had a live-in babysitter for a while there and we get along really well, even though we're in very different places in our lives with the age gap. I love my big bro!
  • EDD/W+D:  4/3 (26 weeks, 5 days)

Baby is the size of a(n): butternut squash

Upcoming Appointments: so many this month! 1/8 I have another ultrasound to check placenta placement, 1/13 gestational diabetes test and midwife appointment (starting to be biweekly now), 1/17 meeting the the lactation consultant and preregistration/birthing wing tour 

How are you feeling? 
    I’m feeling pretty good. I’ve been having more indigestion lately if I eat too much (the holidays were not my friend in that regard)! 

Raves/Rants: We have ordered most of the nursery furniture which is exciting, but have yet to clean the room out and set things up! I had a midwife appointment and found out more about how the birthing process works at the hospital, which I’m really happy with! The midwife model of care and what they do there has everything that I would want out of a birth plan, so I’m happy with that!

Questions:

we stayed at home and had a couple friends over for dinner and games. They left around 10:30 and I fell asleep on the couch. My husband woke me up at 11:59 to celebrate the New Year. 
  • @Brags0607 - My sister just had a surprise baby, after her 9 and 12 yr old kids. The dynamic has certainly changed but my 9 yo nephew is the new baby's very best pal, deeply cares for her and has liked taking on more responsibility - even if it's just being more responsible for himself. I think your trepidation and awareness about your older son's feelings and the shift the new baby will create are so important in making it work out for the better. 

@ejoseph16 - I'm only having DH. My mom passed away 10 years ago but I think I would consider having her there in the room, and she was in the room with some of my other sisters when they gave birth. I think it's pretty common!

@korthouse - yes, I just said this to my friend! When I'm stressed I get organized, and the delivery still feels too far away but also LIKE SO SOON. 

• EDD/W+D:  April 7th (26 weeks, 2 days)

Baby is the size of a(n): butternut squash

Upcoming Appointments: My next aren't for a few weeks when I'll get a 28 wk check up, ultrasound and labs w/ GD test. 

How are you feeling? The insomnia is REAL and my mental health hasn't been great, but many of the physical issues I had in the last month have resolved which has been great. 

Raves/Rants: OK, two MIL rants here, am I the crazy one?....

My MIL was loosely planning a family trip to Ireland for the fall, but we declined after getting pregnant. Her new idea is a beach house and keeps asking me what weeks work in Sept/Oct. I finally told her that 1) I wasn't driving 7 hours with a 6 mo old, 2)  I can't take vacation after maternity leave, and 3) we can't plan for a vacation when we're going down to one income. 

MIL wants to throw a baby shower for her side of the family after the birth so everyone can meet the baby and register for older kid stuff. I sorta just nodded, but I'm not happy. It is an incredibly nice gesture, but we are not  close to her family and I really don't want to pass my little baby around. We're also very baby stuff minimalist. We don't need/want a lot of stuff.  

Questions: I'll probably repost this elsewhere, but interested to hear about anyone who's planning or has started taking birth classes. 

GTKY: What are your plans for New Year’s? We stopped going out for NYE years ago - we usually stay home and cook an elaborate dinner. This year bread, agnolotti and bolognese, all made from scratch! With some episodes of the Twilight Zone and Top Chef. 
  • @danibean19 I hear you on the MIL issues. My mom is like that. I’m really struggling with the fact that my family wants to throw a shower, but this is my second baby. I think it’s rude to ask for gifts for a second baby. I also think it’s rude to tell your family not to throw you a party. I’m trying to come up with a compromise so that invites make it clear that gifts are not required and only a small number of people are invited anyway. I would probably object to a party that requires passing the newborn around to a bunch of people. Definitely make sure there’s a ton of hand sanitizer available and that everyone is required to use it. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @danibean19 we started birth classes December 23. I am a planner, so it has helped my anxiety a lot. It’s awkward as hell at times, but it’s nice to be with other women at the same point in pregnancy as I am and to be able to talk openly about having a vaginal birth and what to expect. 
  • @danibean19 for what it’s worth, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with either politely declining or accepting but telling MIL you don’t feel comfortable bringing the baby.
  • @KFrob total TJs app girl here too! The Trader Joes Meal Ideas for Busy Moms FB group was all over the NYE app and fancy boards stuff. I love their spinach artichoke dip (from the freezer) and their brie en croute!! 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @danibean19 we’re a stay at home on NYE as well, usually we’ll host friends but with being pregnant and so tired, I told them to take advantage of their other invites. We still had our Twilight Zone on though!!  
  • EDD/W+D: April 5th / 26+ 6

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): Kleenex box 

Upcoming Appointments: prenatal Monday! 

How are you feeling? Really good still! Random aches here and there but nothing crazy! I had a leg cramp in the middle of the night the other day! Calf still hurts!!! 

Raves/Rants: Night shifts have made me nocturnal!! I’m finding it harder than ever to switch back to daytime life. I sleep terrible at night and amazing during the day. 

Questions: Anyone nervous for their glucose tolerance test !? I never thought I’d have to worry but I’ve checked my blood sugar at work after eating a few times this past week and it’s been on the higher side. I’m not overweight, normally active .. I’m probably guilty of too many carbs over Christmas though 😑

GTKY: What are your plans for New Year’s? We stayed home! Had a couple friends over .. it was great! 
  • @literatureandink As for a birth plan.. as a maternity nurse it seems to be an unwritten rule that if anyone brings a written copy in it pretty much goes the exact opposite 🤦‍♀️ It’s definitely good to research your options and make your nurse aware of anything specific but don’t come in with a set in stone plan. 

@korthouse definitely feeling the baby limbo. I feel like there’s so much time still but in reality it will likely go by quick. The nursery has been at a standstill. Also I’m way too indecisive when I don’t have to make a decision under pressure ... so I’m feeling that in regards to what stroller, car seat, bassinet ... everything ! 
  • @kath1414 Definitely nervous for the glucose test! We just scheduled mine for the 29th and I just have a feeling it'll flag me. That said, I've been doing really well with all my tests so far so maybe there's hope despite my sweet tooth.
  • edited January 2020
    @kath1414 that’s really good advice, thanks! 😊 One question for you since you are a nurse - are there certain birth related things that are now pretty standard (barring complications) - things like immediate skin to skin and breastfeeding? Or would stuff like that still need to be mentioned in a “plan”? 
    *Edited to bother kath1414 for more info lol
  • @literatureandink my doctor does immediate skin to skin and breastfeeding. Everyone in her practice does. I would check with your doctor! If it’s important to you, they will do it, unless something happens with baby and they have to take baby away for some reason. 
  • kath1414kath1414 member
    edited January 2020
    @literatureandink I’m sure it varies hospital to hospital but it’s standard for us to do immediate uninterrupted skin to skin, delayed cord clamping (our docs usually do 1 minute so if you want longer just ask), first bath delayed for Atleast 24 hours. We’ve been trying to do skin to skin in the OR / recovery room as much as possible for c/s.. something to ask about at your hospital if you need a c section. 

Those kind of things it wouldn’t hurt to write down as a reminder to ask your nurse about. It’s the birth plans that are like NO c/s, NO vacuum ... I mean those types of things are only done if necessary! 

I saw someone above posted thinking about it and birth “preferences”.. I like that. Our midwives sometimes call them “wishes”. 

I’m sure if you research birth plan templates there are tons of options to think about! It’s definitely good to be educated! (From reliable sources😜) Feel free to ask more questions!! I’d imagine it all seems overwhelming! 
  • @literatureandink The hospital we are delivering in does immediate skin to skin and asks you to try beeastfeeding too for a while before taking baby away for all the testing, etc. I don’t think they give you much of an option to do that if you have a c-section or if there is some sort of complication that requires NICU care. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017

• EDD/W+D: 4/15   /25+5 

Baby is the size of a(n): cauliflower

Upcoming Appointments: check up on 1/10

How are you feeling?  Pretty good, just small aches every once in a while. 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions:. Strollers. Is there anything you wish you had considered before buying your stroller? My husband and I did some crazy stroller shopping this weekend and of course, the ones in our budget don't have everything that we would like.. but how do you pick between the characteristics? Like quick/easy fold vs cup holders/basket/accessories included vs weight/folded size, etc etc
    Of course these things will vary between all of us and our situations but any tips for the FTMs?? 

Also did you buy a basinet for the stroller ? If so, did you use it often? Hearing some people say they never use their bassinet. 

GTKY: What are your plans for New Year’s?  My husband and I had dinner at a friend's place. 

@k@korthouse I survived my glucose tolerance test (the three blood tests) on Saturday!! I think drinking the liquid pretty quickly helped. I watched a funny movie between the tests and helped me stay distracted. 

• @nicoleyolee We bought a stroller that went with our infant carrier/car seat, so we didn’t get a bassinet for it. We did lock the carrier into it some. But, probably quit using the carrier car seat in my car when he was about 3 months and I just used the stroller. We like the jogger for maneuverability, but I put the lighter weight stroller in my car and the jogger in DH’s. Immediately after childbirth, I wanted something that was easy to pull out of the car and get set up. We didn’t take him out much, but I definitely wanted the stroller for trips to the doctor. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017