Me: 33 | DH: 34
Married: October, 19, 2015
EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
EDD 11/24/23
(Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

Re: January Symptoms

• Loading the player...
  • @EmilyLove25 My hubs accidentally bought berry flavored Tums and they taste a lot better IMO. 
  • Walking too fast/standing too much/coughing a lot/pretty much just doing life seems to be causing me a boatload of BH contractions. Unless I’m sitting around with my feet up they’re basically constant. And sitting around with my feet up is not an option. Lol. Sooooo lots of discomfort for me. I’m going to ask the midwives about it at my next appointment. Obviously since they go away I’m not actually in labor. But I don’t know if they can cause it to happen or not? I never had them in y other pregnancies. 

Also feeling like the baby is attempting to claw/punch his way out. SO MUCH CERVIX PRESSURE. It’s so dang uncomfortable. I cannot get over how low he is. At least he isn’t smashing my lungs like my last two did. 
  • @EmilyLove25, heartburn has been an annoyance of mine, too.  the only thing that seems to help is of course otc meds, and sipping water throughout the day.. though if I drink too much water at once, that seems to make it worse.

I've been monitoring my sugars for a week now and just can't get them under control.. so it looks like it's insulin for me.  I have an appointment on Friday to get that set up.  I'm worried about the cost, but I'll be glad to have some semblance of control over the situation.  I'm tired of constantly going hungry and still not having decent levels.  Plus I think I've had a few symptoms of high blood sugar, though I'm not sure if a couple of them are pregnancy-related - like fatigue and thirst.  I did notice my vision got blurry the other day and I guess that's one of the symptoms. 

• @treetop19 I’m sorry you have to take insulin, but I hope it helps your symptoms! MIL got gestational diabetes with her second pregnancy and she said one of the things that tipped her off was majorly blurry vision. 
  • @momoftoddlers A friend told me to buy the Berry flavored and I did! Still not great, but I 100% agree better!

*TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Just entered the 3rd trimester on Monday and I feel like I did when I was 35 weeks with my DS. Makes me nervous for the remaining 12 (+/-) weeks left! My belly feels super stretched which isn't hard to do on a 5'2" frame, but trying to keep up with DS is getting harder and harder because of it. I find my energy is starting to decrease too and I'm beginning to have moments of feeling overwhelmed knowing I'll be a mom of two.😲 Also, my Braxton Hicks contractions have seriously upped their game, but I had that with DS at this time too so it doesn't bother me as much. Hang in there ladies! 
    Me: 37 | H: 44
    **TW**
    TTC #1: May 2015
    IF DX January 2016- Me: Right sided hydrosalpinx 
    Right tube removed: February 2016
    Acupuncture + TCM: March 2016
    BFP: July 4, 2016 | DS: March 2017 (39w 2d)
    TTC #2: April 2019
    BFP #2: April 2019 | CP: April 30, 2019 (4w 2d)
    BFP #3: July 15, 2019
    EDD: March 23, 2020

• corgmomcorgmom member
    edited January 2020
    @EmilyLove25 have you tried the chewy tums? They’re more like a mentos—and come in minty or fruity I believe. I love tums of all varieties (my personal favorite is the smoothie version) but the chewy ones are way less tums-y

I think I’m experiencing Braxton Hicks—but only in the middle of the night. When I sleepily wake up at 2am to pee, I feel like I have period cramps upon standing. Tylenol helped last night because I couldn’t fall back asleep after waking up with them. 

I also have been having this weird ear-thumping. I’ve always had tinnitus but this is more like a thumping and not like a ringing. It’s mostly when I lay down to bed or when I’m overly tired—anyone else?

*edited to add my last symptom*
  • @puppylove8910 Haha I am 5'2, too, and oo boy my belly also feels so stretched! I always say I "have no torso." My mom puts it more nicely, she says I am "short waisted." SIGH. Hang in there!
  • @corgmom I sometimes get thumping in my ear. I think it's from the extra blood flow and our heart beating stronger. It sometimes feels like a heartbeat in my ear. Lol.

@kagesstarshroom Short waisted for the win! But seriously, I remember my belly being completely maxed out by 35 weeks. Then DS just got lower and arrived 39+2. There's only so much room! Hahaha😂
    **TW**

• So nice to have a place to list third trimester woes.  We’re almost there gals!  @corgmom is the thumping like the sound from your heart beating fast?  I feel that when pulsing when I walk up a lot of stairs.  Solidarity with the mamas feeling achey in the hips and pelvis.  Just got a pregnancy belt today but can’t tell if it’s helping.  Found a decent 10 minute YouTube video with some good stretches.  It felt good and I was lured in by the short time commitment 

My most annoying symptoms are varicose veins and a stabbing pain on the right side of my ribs, just under my bra. The veins were there with my second pregnancy but waaaaaay worse this time.  Compression socks help the discomfort some but the veins still look absolutely horrific.  Drinking a daily nettles infusion too. The rib pain is so annoying and I’m assuming is just from the growing belly pulling in a certain way. And that is all lol.  

• @uno_mas I also got a maternity support belt today and I do think it’s helping, but it’s taking a bit to get used to it. I’m really hopeful it will provide some relief. 

@treetop19 sorry you have to resort to insulin. I hope it goes smoothly and helps!

@EmilyLove25 I had terrible heartburn last pregnancy. It hasn’t hit much this time but I’m already dreading it! 

@puppylove8910 I have also been trying to figure out how I’m going to handle postpartum/the newborn phase as a mom of two. Thankfully DD goes to daycare but I still think it will be hard. We got this!
  • Funny symptom time... the pores on my nose are HUGE!! I've never had large pores and I can visibly see gunk in so many of them. I know most dermatology products are off limits while pregnant (and breastfeeding, I think?) so not going to do anything about it... but so weird!
  • From time to time I experience a variety of pregnancy symptoms in my third trimester, such as leg cramps, heartburn, varicose veins, backache, fatigue, hemorrhoids, numbness in the legs and feet, and itchy skin. Feeling like I'm 90.
  • @lemonlove86 both salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide are safe when breastfeeding (not pregnancy safe though) so hopefully the light is at the end of the tunnel for you! I found a scrub and moisturizer by aveeno at Target that I’ve been using and it definitely helps. Not as much as ones with SA or BP but way better than nothing or the cetaphil I was using. 

I predict this baby is going to be a baldy bc I had such bad heartburn with DS and he came out covered in hair and so far I occasionally get some reflux but that seems to be food/timing before bed dependent where with DS it was just all the time it seemed. 

My main symptom right now is just being so freaking uncomfortable all the time. Standing feels best tbh until I get tired and BH start if I’m standing too long. I can’t get comfy sitting, or laying down. This happened way sooner this pregnancy. 

My other symptom is I apparently can’t even fight off the smallest cold. Both DS and DH are basically symptom free and I’m still at like 50%. Might be calling the doc for steroids if I don’t see any improvement this weekend. Plus all the fun symptoms that come from
    coughing/sneezing during pregnancy 🙄
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• for those with achy hips/sciatica - it may not be intuitive but try and strengthen those glutes rather than super stretch them! glute bridges, kick backs/side kicks (think barre), side-laying leg lifts etc. 

anyone else experiencing tons of hiccups in utero? it's nuts - daily honestly. it is nice tho knowing where her head/upper body is at for that time haha
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• puppylove8910puppylove8910 member
    edited January 2020
    @chichiphin I have been doing Barre this whole pregnancy and have definitely noticed a difference in the aches & pains. I never did it with DS and felt way more uncomfortable in the hips, etc. I'm hoping it'll help my recovery too this time around. FX!

I don't experience a ton of utero hiccups, but when I do I enjoy the feeling. And like you said, it helps me know baby's position. 
    **TW**

• @varimama Ugh I so feel you on the crap immune system. I've been battling a cold for over two weeks now. It's not even THAT bad anymore, but it is still here. Also I would totally take a bald baby to not have acid reflux haha. My kids had hair, though not a ton, but I still had it terribly with both and now this one. I'm going to take @kagesstarshroom 's advice and google "reflux friendly diets" today. I'm desperate haha. With you on feeling uncomfortable... I expected this in 5 weeks or so, but here we are at 30 weeks and I'm like, how can my cervix hurt, I have acid reflux, AND I can't breathe? How big IS my uterus lol?
    *TW*

• @chichiphin omg this baby gets hiccups like 12 times a day. It’s so silly. DS did also and then had them a lot as an outside baby for a while. Such a strange feeling!!!
  • I think I experienced BH for the first time today, and of course I’m 28 weeks today too! Uterus/tummy feels tight/crampy and I just feel this “heavy” feeling going on down there?

Also I now cannot sit for longer than 15 minutes at my desk at work without my tailbone hurting... thinking about bringing the Boppy pillow my mom just got me for breastfeeding to sit on...
  • Exhaustion. Just walking around for 15 minutes wears me out (though I can still run a few miles on the treadmill). Can't sleep at night, get most of my sleep during naps. Probably drinking more caffeine in the AM than I should, though remaining under 200 mg.
    Heartburn heartburn heartburn. It's gotten a little better this week but I'm waiting for a comeback.
    Luckily I'm missing out on most other symptoms. No BH, no swelling, no aches that can't be blamed on poor sleep. Finally got over the cold I had Thanksgiving through Christmas.

Girl is kicking like a maniac and it's still weird to see bulges every once in a while. She feels heavier every day, and it feels like my skin can barely hold the bump up anymore. Abdomen is in the way when I wash my hands, I can't lean over anymore, I can't lie down on any sort of incline.
    9 weeks and 5 days left. She's definitely not done cooking yet but I get the feeling we're both eager for her arrival.
  • I noticed a slight varicose vein on the back of my left upper thigh 😭 I never had this with DS so officially freaking out. Is this a sign of anything bad and will it go away post delivery?
    **TW**

• @puppylove8910 pretty sure it’s normal. I have a couple too. They may or may not go away. You can wear compression socks and that should at least prevent them from growing/prevent more from showing up.
  • Ok, thank you @kantobean. I'm seeing my OB tomorrow too so will see what he says as well. 
    **TW**

• @puppylove8910, I had varicose veins on the back of my legs for my first pregnancy, and luckily, they went away after delivery.  I haven't noticed them coming back in my 2nd or this pregnancy, but I know I have lower blood pressure in these last 2 pregnancies than I did with my first, so that could have something to do with it.. idk.  

so.. it's day 3 of taking insulin for me, and I do feel better - more energy.  before taking it there were times where I felt like I just couldn't get up, now I at least have energy to function a bit more normally.  my sugar levels are still higher than the guidelines, but closer in range than they were... I'm going to try to combat that with more walking now that I have more energy.  

I was most worried about the cost of insulin with my new insurance, but, as luck would have it, the dr. gave me a coupon for some free insulin pens - which should be about enough to last the entire rest of this pregnancy.  so I was happy about that - the only thing I had to pay for was the needles (and of course the blood sugar testing lances/strips).   I was just psyched this morning because I got a low fasting reading for once - 109.  I'm supposed to be at 95, but hey, this reading is better than anything I've ever gotten yet.

• @treetop19 I am glad you are already having some positive results from the insulin. I think walking more with your new energy is such a great idea. And it truly is insane that people in the US have to worry about the cost of a drug they need to be healthy and keep the baby and mom safe. Yay for the coupon! 
    *TW*

• @emilylove25 Same to Tums being disgusting this round only, so weird!! I took them nightly in the third tri the last two pregnancies with no problems. This pregnancy the heartburn seems more frequent at different times of day than just at night, but the idea of taking Tums makes me want to gag for some reason. Tried the chewy kind which seemed good at first then became grossed out by them as well. 
    @chichiphin and @miss.sally Dude, this girl has the hiccups soooooooo often!! My last two had them occasionally in utero, but these are definitely daily and multiple times a day on most days. 
    @treetop19 Glad the insulin is helping and your doctor gave you the hookup, agree with @EmilyLove25 can't believe people have to worry about the cost of something so important, seems like insulin especially is always a major expense for people.

I can just feel the extra blood in my body everywhere, some definite swelling, and just general heaviness, much slower getting around. I think I may have experienced actually feeling BH for the first time within the last week. It was not comfortable. Some hip pain occasionally in bed feeling like I've been lying on my side for days. I had this muscle pain on my right side after my c section where I couldn't lie on that side for maybe a couple weeks and it already feels painful in the same spot when lying on that side. But wanting to keep everything used to all positions, so I just really have to prop the belly on the bed, like sweep the lower leg under and behind me to get it to subside. And it seems to depend where the baby is positioned 
  • @EmilyLove25, I saw LO in 3D at an appointment this morning and feel the same way! Something about seeing their tiny little features and not just a flat blob really kicked up the impatience factor big time! 
  • @EmilyLove25 me too! Anxious to meet this bean. But at the same time not ready because we don’t have a name picked and I need to get stuff ready. Mainly I need to find out car seats and make sure they still have all the parts. And take my PNP back from my parents’ house.
  • @EmilyLove25 same. I don’t know why I want her here asap bc last time I’m pretty sure I had ppa and felt like garbage/not myself for 5 months. And also I know it’s gonna be hard and no sleep...so why am I so eager? Ha. Last time I was so nervous I wanted him to stay in there forever. 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @silverhope Haha I know! It's like I know I should savor this time but can't haha. I do want to say that I hope your second times goes better and you feel more like yourself. I hope you don't feel doomed to repeating the PPA etc. I've heard so many women who struggled feel amazing during their next PP experience, and I hope that is the case for you! 

@kantobean Oh yes, I'm READY to meet this one, but I am absolutely not READY. So many things left to do. I bought the minivan in November and psychologically told myself, "ok, you've done it! You are ready!" like I don't need diapers, bottles, pump supplies, clothes, wipes, etc. I'm truly an idiot. 
    *TW*

• @emilylove25, I'd say I'm excited, but not too eager... I kind of worry a bit about all the chaos that will ensue at home once baby is a part of our lives.  it's chaotic already with DS going through kind of a difficult stage and not listening, our aging dog who has been really good up to now all of a sudden starting to have 'accidents', and DH kind of being a bear lately and switching up his sleeping schedule.   I also worry about my work, since my coworker will be taking over, and she will probably talk behind my back to people when I'm gone, and also she doesn't know what she's doing because I have been doing the majority of the work the past 2 years.  Other than all that.. I really want to meet this LO.  lol.  I'm mostly ready supply-wise, though I still need to get diapers and a car seat, and DH and I have agreed on a name, so we're ready there too.  Idk, since this is my last pregnancy, and since this pregnancy has been the most difficult, I kind of have mixed feelings as to whether I'm ready for it to be over.

• @silverhope, I struggled my first 6 months with my DS and I'm truly hoping this doesn't repeat itself. @EmilyLove25, that gives me hope! 
    **TW**

• I cannot get my swelling under control. It’s insane. It’s so uncomfortable but I am just out of ideas.