February 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms 12/30-1/5

13»

Re: Weekly Randoms 12/30-1/5

• @rikiteacup thanks for the info! It's interesting how you Americans do it ;)
  • @misstree5 I have to say it is is very confusing. I used to have universal healthcare...and then moved to the US and I feel like you never know how much you're going to pay. 
    I had the flu in 2018 and decided to go to a minute clinic at Target thinking it would be around $50/visit. My out of pocket with my old insurance for this visit was over $200  :# and the Tamiflu was $90. I should have just used an extra sick day and saved the money.
    I am also trying to argue with Finance at my new job about keeping both options for plans (high deductible and low deductible). High deductible plans hurt people who make the least amount of money in a company. 
    One of my friends has a high deductible plan and has a lot of health issues and a child. She reaches her deductible every year, which is $7K. She is still arguing with me that HDP are better. I told her that's because she can afford to spend $7k/year in medical expenses. If you make $120K/year, $7k is just under 6% of your annual income. If you make $45K/year, that's 15.5% of your annual income.
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• Loading the player...
  • @bg122785 if it makes her happy! I am sure she'll be excited for the elf to come next year. 
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• @rikiteacup That is all that matters! She is already so excited. :)
  • Well a family friend came into work today to pay her bill that I haven't seen since I was about 4 months pregnant. And lets just say, she is in her 60's, is very tomboyish, has never had kids and isn't the best with words. Well according to her, " You look great and don't look like you are even pregnant. You definitely were bigger your last pregnancy!" I was dying laughing and was like, "Thanks (insert name)! So I always look like I have a giant belly like this?!" Lady, I am clearly pregnant, this is not a beer belly and if you weren't a family friend that I know how your personality, I would have been pretty bummed out to have been told that at 35 weeks pregnant, I don't look pregnant.  :D lol
  • @malloryfrommn Yep. I've been on insulin for almost two months now. My daytime glucose readings were perfect, but my fasting sugar was an issue. It took a really long time to find the right dosage, but thankfully, I've had 7 days in a row with great numbers. Is it your aftermeal numbers or your fasting numbers they're trying to adjust? 

Also, late to respond, but I'm team giant baby, too. At my 32 week growth scan, baby boy was measuring in the 96th percentile, so I can definitely relate. I had GD with my firstborn, too but I was able to keep my sugars in check with diet and exercise only. I think she was estimated in the 80-85th percentile and ended up being 8lb 2oz. My assumption is this one will be around 9lbs. But like all the other mamas have mentioned, growth estimates can be off. I have my 36 week growth scan next week so hopefully I'll learn more. 
  • @bg122785 I had a similar run in with one of my mom's best friends just before Christmas. Her thing was because I wasn't as big as she was at that stage with her kids I obviously wasn't very big. 😂 I have gained almost 40 lbs so far and am 50 lbs heavier than my usual weight, plus my belly is twice as large as my (not small) boobs. Trust me, I am big even if it isn't by your standards. 😂😏
  • @lanie1000 fasting glucose is the main issue - I have yet to have a reading under the threshold. Daytime glucose is great on weekends (low stress environment) and has been tending high during the work week (high stress, very sedentary environment). They are starting me at 10 units of insulin at night, and I'm to increase by 1 unit every 2 days until my fasting numbers are where they should be. 
  • @malloryfrommn I’m on metformin for my GD. I’m measuring big but at the last ultrasound baby wasn’t too big. I should have another ultrasound this week and I’ll start stress tests soon. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @um_thor is that in store? The only coupon I see is for same-day order pick-up.
  • babybelugacobabybelugaco member
    edited January 2020
    Oh no...the thing I've been dreading happened today!
    Some may remember, but early in my pregnancy I had a falling out with the girl who was my MOH in my wedding last year. I never got to tell her I was pregnant because I knew it was a sensitive subject for her but she went ballistic on me for not talking to her more before I could even figure out how to tell her...so I cut ties with her (and it had been a long time coming honestly), removed her from my socials and my phone.
    Well...today i got a text from an unsaved number saying "I heard through the grapevine you were pregnant. Just wanted to say congrats, im happy for you."
    I googled the number and it was definitely hers...I just didn't respond. I didn't want to get into it with her and I probably would have said some regrettable things bc I'm grumpy as heck.

• @babyroma I remember that. Yikes.
  • @babyroma that's super awkward. 
  • @babyroma I remember that, too. Sounds like she’s trying to be nosy. It’s probably best that you didn’t reply.
  • I just got word this week that I am no longer insured under my husband's insurance since I am eligible through my job. His is better and cheaper....I am going to try and get some other insurance (not through my employer since I would have to change docs/midwives and hospitals) but the price tag is scary!
  • um_thorum_thor member
    edited January 2020
    @um_thor is that in store? The only coupon I see is for same-day order pick-up.
    Not in store- just those other options. I put in an online order and sent hubby to do drive up pick up. It was the first time if done that and it was actually really convenient! I believe the promotion ends tonight.  
    (Edited to say promotion rather than sale)
  •  @burr1371 No!!! That sucks, I’m so sorry!

@ibabyloveb87 Wahoo! Hope you have a great shower!!!
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • I did the Target promotion last time they had it and bought some diapers and just had MH pick them up later that day.  They are also having a 20% baby clothes sale with the Target circle app.
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• @kjeepers87, I’m also having a csection on 2/11! 
  • Target does the diaper promotion in store a lot too. I always stock up in diapers and wipes around the deal 
  • The best diaper and wipe prices I’ve been able to find are with Amazon’s subscribe and save service. And it’s so nice to never run out!
  • @doodleoodle we tried to do subscribe and save with my first, but we were getting so frustrated with Amazon. They kept delaying the order and that's not great when you NEED the diapers lol (this could just be a Canadian problem lol)
  • @misstree5 Some friends of ours use it and haven't had any problems, so definitely not a Canada problem. Or at least not a current one. 
  • @babyroma I only knew about the sale because of an email!  I was wondering what size to get as well because he is measuring greater than 95th% but I figured if he is too small for 0-3 he will grow into them.  Love the outfit your chose!
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• Target also has a ton of baby clothes on clearance right now. I didn't think the 20 percent off would work on clearance when I went today but it totally did! 
  • @misstree5 how annoying! We use that service for a lot of products and haven’t come across that issue. But since you have I’d say Target is definitely the way to go. 

@babyroma @kjeepers87 I don’t need any baby clothes..... but now I have to go buy some.
  • @doodleoodle no Target in Canada (I wish!!!!) 
    We kept the Amazon subscription for a year, but EVERY diaper order was delayed by a few days, so we just gave up...now I keep an eye out for sales and coupons and stock up then 
  • @babyroma Oh yum! Enjoy that steak! 

TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Any mommas lost their mucus plugs yet? Pretty sure I lost mine yesterday! 
  • Any mommas lost their mucus plugs yet? Pretty sure I lost mine yesterday! 
    How far along are you? You’re positive it isn’t just vaginal mucus? The mucus plug can grow back, but it’s worth a message to your provider if you aren’t far enough along because you don’t want an infection. If you are close to term, no worries. It doesn’t provide any indication of when you’ll go into labor.
  • @babyroma H and I got a gift card for the Keg steakhouse over Christmas and might be using it tonight. Also excited about steak!! 😁