Weekly Randoms 12/30-1/5 - Page 2 — The Bump
February 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms 12/30-1/5

Re: Weekly Randoms 12/30-1/5

• Also did we decide if we are doing labor buddies or are we just going to let the group know on our own when babies arrive? 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
    leksiLbrookert615
  • Loading the player...
  • I am joining the "I fell because of ice/snow" club. My H dropped me off in the middle of a street full of packed snow because he didn't want me to have to climb a snow bank and I fell on hands and knees. I was able to control the fall but there were a lot of people who saw it :#  Luckily, my back/baby bump were spared.
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• @misstree5 I got really excited when the dr last appointment said they'd probably induce me a week early bc then baby could be born on 02/20/2020!
    misstree5DDRRT1982
  • @rikiteacup so scary to have a fall! Glad you are both ok...winter is the worst
    DDRRT1982
  • @misstree5 MH is gunning for 2020/02/02 since the nurse at my OB's office pointed it out. I am also due Feb 1, so it wouldn't be unreasonable.

@rikiteacup so sorry that happened, but glad to hear you and your LO seem to be ok. 
    brookert615misstree5
  • @babyroma I love my due date of 2/20/2020 but i knew it wouldn’t be birthday. 2/13/2020 is not nearly as cool hahaha 

@rikiteacup I’m glad you are ok! 

@mandk1233 I don’t really care either way.... just was curious. I know some of us in my first BMB just messaged through the app! 
    mandk1233DDRRT1982
  • @misstree5 - ooh groundhog day :) the date is cool but that must be the silliest of holidays!
    @rikiteacup - youch I'm glad you weren't hurt! 

re: labor buddies - my ideas, it's not an all or nothing thing - I think it is cool to have the option of having a buddy or just reporting yourself! People with cesareans could be each other labor buddies since they know they wouldn't overlap. Other ways to match people are by time zone - I wouldn't want to accidentally text someone at 6 a.m. their time. FTMs could be paired with STMs too if we wanted. 
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

mandk1233brookert615
  • I am totally ok with labour buddies if we aren't exchanging phone numbers. Not sure why I had it in my head that that was a thing. I kind of like the idea of FTMs and STMs being paired together, but am quite flexible if other people prefer doing something else. 
  • @rikiteacup So sorry about the fall! 
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • @leksiL haha yeah groundhog day...the only reason I wouldn't want it on 02/02 lol ...I don't need to be reliving that day every day ;) 
    leksiLdaffodil_shoe
  • @mandk1233 to be fair I DID exchange numbers with my labor buddy and now we’re are super close! But I totally get not wanting to. I mean I never post my face here! 
    mandk1233leksiLbrookert615bg122785
  • I don't plan to give my phone number to anyone so coming on here to update one person (labor buddy) vs. everyone in whatever thread we have for that type of stuff wouldn't make sense to me.  With my daughter I posted her birth announcement and then chatted in the randoms thread occasionally while in labor but it wasn't like a live blog of my labor or anything.
    mandk1233brookert615Swiftlet
  • @TennisLove30 - oh I like it! I put out all my cloth diapers in one of the dresser drawers too and made a HUGE pile of inserts and diapers where the elastic has worn out and need to get rid of them somewhere. I know you can resew them but I am not handy with the sewing machine.
    Married Jan 2008 

TennisLove30brookert615
  • @daffodil_shoe same here :) I think last time I wrote about how it all went , but nothing during ...might try and at least come on and post that I am IN labour ..depends on how fast things happen (last time, my water had broke the night before, but I was sent home to sleep ...so I had plenty of warning and down time lol)
    daffodil_shoebrookert615
  • @leksiL, I am not that great with a sewing machine either. I can do simple things like cloth wipes, but I could never fix a diaper. I have my newborns out and ready. My OS are taking up one of the drawers I cleaned out.
    brookert615leksiL
  • Since I am due 2/22 and this baby will probably come late, all of you will be too busy with a newborn already so having a labor buddy might be pointless.
    TTC#1
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2

• Had my measuring ultrasound today, and I have a BIG baby! Trying not to freak out...

For his 20 week ultrasound he was squarely in the 50th percentile. He is now almost 34 weeks and weighing in at about 6 lbs -- the 95th percentile!!! Thanks, gestational diabetes! I probably won't go to full term, and if he gets too big, may need a cesarean. Only time, and lots of extra monitoring, will tell!
    brookert615bg122785
  • @malloryfrommn Mine was in the 90th percentile at my last appointment (no GD, though, just big baby) so whether our babies end up being big or not, at least you're not alone in the "extra monitoring" club. My OB wants another ultrasound at my next appointment to check on her growth again.
    malloryfrommnbrookert615
  • @malloryfrommn I would try not to stress. like everyone said those measurements are not that accurate. With ds1 he was estimated at 6lbs and 3 days later he was 8.6 on the other hand my cousin was told to expect over 8lbs and a few days later her daughter was not even 7lbs. 
    I have an ultra sound next week since I make big babies. 

I’m not really interested in a labor buddy either. Since we will be in a private group I’ll probably update when I go in labor or if it goes as fast as ds2 I’ll announce after with some details. In my last bmb we had already moved to Facebook- we went to a private bump group really early though- and everyone just created their own thread to announce or give updates if they had time. 

malloryfrommnbrookert615rikiteacup
  • @rikiteacup i'll be here with you! I am due 2/27... I was due on the 24th for DD1 and was a week late, she was born on the 1st of the following month! 
    brookert615rikiteacup
  • Switching subjects a little, So, it looks like I am probably going to go PRN after this baby is born.  We have had a horrible time with our nanny’s being dependable over the last six months and I refuse to go that route anymore.  The stress is unbelievable and I would rather pay for daycare so I can go to work and have peace of mind.  However, my husband refuses to do both pick up and drop off and with hospital hours there is only one daycare that will allow for me to drop them off early.  I toured it today and it was disgusting.  There is no way I am leaving my kids there.  I begged the daycare I like to let me drop them off early, but they can’t accommodate my request, which I totally understand.  I hate being PRN, because it’s hard to budget money, but it’s probably for the best and I have spent the last couple weeks stressing about this.  I need to just accept it and embrace it.  It’s going to be an adjustment for all of us, but definitely one that I think I will thrive in.  
    brookert615leksiL
  • @daffodil_shoe Amen!  I work Sunday, Monday, and Wed.  Only need care for two days a week, but most daycare centers want five days a week for a baby.  That’s jacking up the price immensely. The hours also suck.  I was fortunate in school to have a daycare in the city I attended college that accommodates hospital hours, but in DFW it’s terrible.  6:30 to 6:30 seems to be the standard and I have to clock in at 6:30 and don’t get out until 7 ish.  Ideally, my husband would do drop off and pick up, but because of his commute and required time at work it doesn’t work either.  
    brookert615daffodil_shoemalloryfrommn
  • you mean all hospitals aren't like Grey's Anatomy where they have awesome daycares on site? :) 

@TennisLove30 - I haven't brought myself to buy newborn cloth diapers. I have a few newborn inserts but last time we just used sposies until she got big enough. It's hard to justify the cost when they grow out of them so fast, (or don't they?) meh.

@malloryfrommn - I have heard SO MANY anecdotes about the growth ultrasound being off. It's recognized that they can be off by 10-15%. I know you have to have them done because of your condition but I hope you don't take them too much to heart or get pushed into a cesarean only based on a growth scan. <3 
    Married Jan 2008 

DDRRT1982doodleoodlemalloryfrommn
  • @DDRRT1982 I'm in the same situation which really stresses me so bad about daycare. My husband has a more flexible schedule with his job but he travels a lot.  I'm praying people will  trade their 8s with me, but that sucks too. 
    DDRRT1982
  • Got put on insulin today for my GD! 😅 Also will begin seeing an endocrinologist, and will have 2 extra appointments per week to monitor baby (non stress test and non stress test+ultrasound). Any other GD Mamas in (or have been in) a similar boat?
  • Thank goodness for insurance. I received the bill for my week of bed rest at the hospital, and it cost over $20,000!!! Just occupying the room cost over $5,000. Just insane. Who comes up with the cost for medical things? Especially non-tangible items. I can see how one might come up with the cost of bags of magnesium sulfate to prevent/stop labor. But how does one determine that the cost of a 30 minute NST is over $100? The nurse watching the strip is making between $25-35/hr.
    SwiftletDDRRT1982
  • @daffodil_shoe oh man! I'm not looking forward to the hospital bill for birth! I about died when I saw the bill for the US I had at the hospital vs the ones from the doctors office (like 4x as much!) Also funny note, I just looked at that after visit summary again and one of the diagnoses it had coded was obesity affecting pregnancy. Didnt know that was a thing they could code (not like I really know much about the medical field though!)

Also I realized I'm definitely getting close to baby day because my work team doesnt want to assign me to any projects that are too big right now! Oh darn.... 😜
    leksiL
  • What do Americans do if they don't have insurance??? I'm Canadian and I pay $30 a night for a private room...I think the room without insurance is $230 a night? At the most? The rest we don't ever see a bill for because it's 'free' 
    mandk1233DDRRT1982
  • Hi ladies! I have been out of the loop for a little while due to so many days off work and my app being stupid but I hope you are all doing well! I am trying to play catch up but it is hard. I just still can't believe that we are having babies in a MONTH! I am finally for the most part ready, and am getting really anxious. 
    DDRRT1982um_thorlanie1000
  • @babyroma there are SO many codes, some of which are downright hilarious. You can google the funnier ones :)
  • @misstree5 since the Affordable Care Act of 2010, everybody is required to have insurance. When you file your taxes, you have to give proof of insurance or you have to pay a fine.
    You can get insurance from your employer or go to the marketplace and buy your own.
    You can read more here https://www.healthcare.gov/fees/fee-for-not-being-covered/

Of course, not all insurances are equal. If you get insurance through your employer for example, what they decide to cover is up to them. The more they cover, the more expensive it is to the employer and the better is is for the employee generally. 
    And sometimes, not billing your insurance is better especially for drugs. There are apps (Good Rx) that give you coupons for drugs. If you have crappy insurance, a month worth of drugs can be like $180. Using the app and the coupon will give you the exact same drug for just $50/month. The rare times I needed a Rx, I run the app and see how much it would cost me without insurance. If it's cheaper with the app, I ask the pharmacist to not use insurance.

TTC#1

TTC #2