April 2020 Moms

The Great Big Registry Post!

13»

Re: The Great Big Registry Post!

• @Kathryn0903 I liked my Boppy for formula feeding, but mostly once he got big enough to hold the bottle himself. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @danibean19 We don’t have any good baby stores either. You might be able to find another Target with a better selection. Ours is getting better. We have thought about driving to another city 2 hours away to go to a baby store and look at double strollers, but it’s such a hassle. I’m mostly asking people I know if they liked theirs to help me pick one. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Loading the player...
  • @danibean19 we tried out strollers and baby-wearing things at Nordstrom. They only carry certain brands but it was helpful to do!
  • KFrobKFrob member
    edited December 2019
    @Kathryn0903 heck no!  We EPed and the boppy was still so handy!  Not only for feeding, but for tummy time, helping LO sit up, using as a pillow or to lean against and my older kids love to lay on it on the floor haha.
  • @KFrob DS still uses the Boppy as his pillow when he naps in our bed. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @danibean19 I second buy buy baby if possible! They have a great selection to try. My only advice: don’t even go near any of the things out of budget because you’ll fall in love and then want to kill your partner when they say no. 
  • @literatureandink I strongly believe the Buy Buy Baby near me only puts out of budge items on display....
  • Anyone have their registry complete or almost completed?? What are some of your most wished for items?
  • @literatureandink got a notice today that one of my hoped for items was purchased! It's a gift card for a cleaning service in town so we can have them come in and do a deep clean before baby
  • @korthouse yayyyyy that’s so exciting!!!
  • I was just telling DH the other day that I really want a cleaning service to come before she does! That's great someone else gifted that to you!
  • Has anyone used the Ollie Swaddle or Nested Bean? Was debating on getting one.
  • @doraleigh35 we used a nest bean sleep sack for a bit- but it was bc DD was in the hospital for a bit and they had these weighted gel packs to help keep her in the right position and comfort her so she got used to some weight and needed it for a bit when she came home before she was comfortable again in her crib without the weight.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Question on bottle warmers / sanitizers. On Amazon it seems popular to have this function combined, but my friend who has a 5 month old mentioned it seems like a bad idea. Does anyone have any experience with something like the link below? And if you do have separate ones for each function, how do you know which to buy before you decide on a bottle brand?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QZF6KLQ?colid=1A89YF2DGQ4I3&coliid=I1W59QT97RDQQR&ref=br_ADD_TO_CART_title_link
  • @liligirl87 I have a separate bottle warmer and sanitizer. I actually just bought the same warmer one we had with DD again, because I liked it so much. Most warmers can be used with a variety of different bottles and brands, just check before you buy. I originally went off of recommendations from friends. Here is what we have:

Dr. Brown's Warmer- Link
    Dr. Brown's Sanitizer- Link

I've also heard you can sanitize bottles in the instant pot, but I haven't tried it.
  • Is anyone else having trouble “completing” their amazon registry in order to get the welcome box? It seems like I literally have to add one thing from each category of checklist, but some stuff I don’t need. Is the welcome box even worth it? 
  • @gingers19 you don't have to add those items. On the category checklist, just check off those categories as complete manually.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 thank you!! So silly... I was clicking on the words and not the box next to the categories. 🤦‍♀️
  • @gingers19 You also have to purchase something from your registry to get it...
  • Thanks @doraleigh35! I think I'm going to go with your recommendations instead. I've at least heard of the Dr. Browns brand which makes me feel more comfortable.
  • @liligirl87 no problem! I’ve heard good things about the Avent warmer too if you want to do some research and compare. My only suggestions with Dr. Browns is if you’re using the bottles too, get the travel lids/caps to use in the warmer and remove the nipple. I didn’t know you were supposed to do that and definitely lost some liquid gold in the warmer. 
  • Just now getting around to making a registry and just wanna say this thread has been a HUGE help!! So thank you to all that have asked questions and contributed to the list. I feel much less overwhelmed now 💕
  • My target weekly ad has a $40 gift card if you buy $250 in furniture. Also buy 2 get 1 on most cloud island stuff. Idk about clothes though 🤔
  • Amazon deal of the day is the lillebaby carriers for those looking 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
  • Anyone use one of those Boon drying racks? Never did the first time, but I keep eyeing it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 We got one of the long narrow ones because we have limited space. It was a registry gift! Hoping it works well for us
  • @Kathryn0903 We have one. I liked it a lot in that in differentiated between baby stuff and other family stuff. Plus the flowers and stems you can add help maximize the space for all the pumping and bottle pieces
  • Thanks @korthouse @babybison! With all of our own stuff plus the toddler's stuff, it might be nice to have a spot just for bottles.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 we did and love it. All the nipples and bottle parts and teethers etc. Its nice to have a separate place. Especially since kenzie suddenly likes 'doing the dishes' so we can keep that stuff away from her.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss