August 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms 12/15

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms 12/15

• coldlifecoldlife member
    edited December 2019
    Yup, that's what the number ones mean. The speech bubble one refers to number of posts, cake is anniversary, heart is love it's you've received. The "@" one means you've been tagged in a post at least once. The check mark one means someone made their post a question, you answered it, and they marked your answer as an answer at least once. I don't know about the one that's a silhouette of a head. I think it just means that you've changed your profile picture from the default. 

ETA: they don't do anything. They're just there. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @tyrion_  happy belated anniversary!! 9 years is amazing! I’m glad to hear it was a good night. :)

I agree with this being a never ending month. December and January always seem to drag to me. After that the year just zooms on by. 

So, all my crazy rage from the hormones running rampant through my system has turned me into a sassy asshole. That, compared with me binging Judge Judy clips since I put my children down about 2 hours ago has put me in a mood. I’ve never been one to yell at stupid people on tv, but that’s what I have been doing for the past 2 hours and it’s been great. I highly recommend it. 😅
  • I ended up with a huge gap in my work day today thanks to kids being out of school/daycare sick and all of the preschool holiday parties and concerts. I don't have another appointment until 1:45 and it's not even noon yet. I'm not complaining, since I'm exhausted, but it's always hard to go back to work after sitting at home in front of my Christmas tree for 2 hours. 

I love December, but January, February, and March (basically the rest of winter) just drag on and on endlessly. 
  • My H is so sick. I’m assuming it’s a virus/chest cold he’s miserable and I’m worried I’m going to get it next. 
    Craft Blog
  • Yuck.  My coworker went to cover another location where people are out deathly sick with THE FLU!!!!  They better keep their germs far away from us! 😷😷😷
  • ziggymama06ziggymama06 member
    edited December 2019
    @WishesSheCouldCook & @BusinessWife Yuckkkk.... I hope the sickness doesn't spread... I keep thinking over my break of all the things I'd like to do - like go into the city for a play... but then I think of the germs and think maybe I should just stay home. Ugh.  It doesn't help any that I'm a germaphobe.
    Me: 33  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girl  <3
  • Hope you two ladies can manage avoiding the sickness! It’s so hard to avoid during this time of year. 

2 things: So, I’m wildermind but it confuses me with @wildrainbow here too so I’m going to go ahead and change early on so...haha.

I don’t know if it was pregnancy but I hit a huge wall of tired today at work. Yesterday I sat on hold with an insurance for 3 hours. Today I sat on hold with the same insurance for 4 hours. 4 HOURS. 7 HOURS TOTAL. 
    After someone finally answered I felt like I’d hit a wall and didn’t want to do anything else for the day. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • knottie9b82f3943c2b6088 welcome and change your name if you have not already done so. We can all get to know you better if your name is not a "knottie".
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• I have a break from work for the next two weeks and I need it! The exhaustion is hitting me hard! 
  • @riatortillaxo .oh that's great!  Me too! Not quite two full weeks, but a solid 9 days.  I. So. Friggin. <i>Need it.</i>
  • @BusinessWife oh, yuck. I hope you avoided that sick mess. And yay for a much needed break! 
    edited December 2019
    @riatortillaxo & @BusinessWife Yay for breaks!!! Do you have any fun plans?  I just have a half day Monday then off for nine days as well!!  Can-not-wait!!!  I definitely need this time off, been running on fumes the last few weeks.  

ETA content
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
  • @ziggymama06 we had hoped to be able to travel out of state to see my family, but it's just going to be a bit much this year, for various reasons.  Will be nice to relax and stay around the house and more local family visits, and just enjoy making it a magical first Christmas the baby can really start to appreciate. 😊 What about you?
  • @ziggymama06 Just lots of family gatherings! Hoping for some lazy days! 
    I hope you have something fun to do! 
    edited December 2019
    @BusinessWife Relaxing and enjoying the magical time is what we plan to do too... sounds absolutely perfect! 💖

@riatortillaxo Aww yay for family gatherings. Will you be sharing the news at all?  We are mostly seeing family over Christmas eve and day.

I'm so looking forward to some lazy days... We may go into NYC for a day to catch a show, possibly Beatlejuice and a nice dinner as hubs and my gift to each other... we had planned a spa day but that won't be happening now  :D 
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
  • My husband is taking my 4.5 year old to see Rise of Skywalker and I’m gonna nap so hard with my 2.5 year old. I can’t wait! 
  • I am sooo tired. I still need to clean my house, pai t ornaments, and bake cookies. I'm just too exhausted to.

Has anyone watch the witcher on netflix? Husband got me watching it last night and we binge watched almost all the episodes.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• This is me trying to get my 15m old to nap so I can do what I Really want to do... I.e. floors, dust, clean the family room (we'll be putting our tree up in the next day or two), wrap presents, and bring all of Christmas down from the attic...🤦🤦🤦 Easy peasy
  • @ziggymama06 ahhh I’m sooo jealous!! I can’t wait for Beetlejuice to start traveling. I am dying to see it! If you see it let me know what you think about it. My son and I are a little obsessed with the soundtrack. 
  • Yeah, or having to pick and choose holidays... :/ Somewhere along the line half your family misses out
  • @ziggymama06 I'm not sharing the news yet. I'm due late August so I will only be nearly 5 weeks at Christmas and I want to give it a little more time. 

I'm also grateful for family close by! No traveling but lots of running around locally the next few days. 

Sounds like everyone has long to do lists! I'm glad I'm not alone. I would probably be asleep already if I didn't just finish wrapping gifts. 
  • Dh and I took the kids to look at christmas lights. Made everyone cocoa and brought blankets.

Kids proceeded to fight in the back seat the entire time. My son is such a snitch now and his sister loves to antagonize the shit out of him.

Her luck this lo will be a girl and give her a run for her money 😆

My sister brought up an interesting subject. Sleeping arrangements. Where will this baby sleep?

We have a 3 bedroom house. Each kid has their own room and we have one of each gender.

My sister seems to think a girl cant share a room with my oldest because the oldest will turn 13 the month this lo is born.
    And then my son will be 5. Obviously a newborn will room with us. But long-term i think the kid will just share a room with whatever gender it is. 13 year old Will have to just down grade to a twin size bed.

Thoughts?

• @psychobutthead I would rather the 5 yo share a room with this child than a 13 yo. The sex doesn’t matter to me, they are family. My gf children, boy/girl, loved sleeping in the same room together. And they had their own rooms. That’s a huge age difference to share with an baby, IMO. 
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• We are going out to dinner tomorrow with another couple and DH wants to wait until after we tell our families to share our news with them. I can manage the not drinking situation, but not falling asleep in my soup and not puking at the smell of food are going to be a challenge. 
  • @blackgirlmagic see I thought that too originally but my sister was just all set that this kid cant share a room with my son if its a girl.

I had thought to take all toys and toy storage out of his room to fit a 2nd bed and dresser. And. Put all toys in our den as a play room. It's what made the most sense to me but she was like no you shouldn't do that.

• @psychobutthead I think your plan sounds like a good one!  There may come a time if it's boy/girl it becomes awkward, but 1. If it's another boy, it's totally moot and 2. I think you'll know when that time comes and cross that bridge when you get to it. 🤷
  • Believe it or not, I'm actually less annoyed with the fact that DH is asleep while I do all the things today (again), and more annoyed that he's asleep on the couch this time, so I can't even stay up and watch my show... 😡
  • Hmm. In general, I'd group by gender, but that is a big age gap. I can potentially see issues with bed times being super different and the older girl wanting to hang out in her room. Or if you have her do homework in her bedroom or practice her musical instrument or whatever, that could be a challenge. Or you could just have bedrooms be for sleeping mainly and not a hang out/doing things room (and with all the trouble it's so easy for kids to get into online these days, I don't think that's a bad plan at all.) 
  • @roo_baby Good luck!!! Those are realatable issues for me too! I hope your dinner goes smoothly. 
  • edited December 2019
    @duck_duck_goose I'm late to this thread, but I just cracked up after reading your Judge Judy comment. That woman can get anyone fired up.  :D

ETA: Typo