April 2020 Moms
Options

December Symptoms

How are we feeling this month?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: December Symptoms

• Options
    Starting December off with food poisoning! Spent all last night and this am super sick and have now spent the day super achy and hiding from my toddler in our bedroom that luckily has a bathroom but no tv. I am also out of tylenol. DH has been a super parent today and once DD is asleep I am going to make myself some noodles. Ugh preggo sick sucks. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    @smallbutmighty77 I hope you're feeling better!

My biggest complaint is constipation, ugh, unless I'm eating fiber cereal twice a day and all the fruit in the world I'm a mess.   
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugh @smallbutmighty77 that sucks so bad! I hope you feel better soon!

• Options
    I feel pretty good except my lower back and hips are starting to get more achey.
  • Options
    My major symptom is constipation. Otherwise, just a sore back, but I got a pregnancy wedge pillow to help with that.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @smallbutmighty77 that’s awful. I’m so sorry. 

I feel like I’m repeating everyone, but the hip and back pain are the primary issues. Probably the constant walking at Disney last week didn’t help things. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    I think I was having some round ligament pain after working out today, but it feels fine now! 
  • Options
    Yesterday I had random shooting pains in my pelvic bone. anyone else? lol 
  • Options
    I've been getting pins and needles in my hands and feet, which is apparently a circulatory issue from bean and my uterus compressing blood flow in certain positions. It's kind of alarming though! Going to book prenatal massage soon to help and if that doesn't work then physio as per my midwife's suggestion. 
  • Options
    constipation, heartburn, pelvic pain are constant.  Lower back pain has been helped with my belly support band.

otherwise, I woke up Sat with a swollen throat that has turned into the whole congested head / cough / sore throat combo.
  • Options
    @korthouse I get the same thing!  When I'm pregnant I wake up with my hands and/or arms asleep all the time, which is a weird symptom I forgot about until it happened this weekend.
  • Options
    :s interrupted sleep! I've been waking up between 3:30-4am, then I think about all the things, which gives me gnarly anxiety, and then I just wanna wake my whole house up.
  • Options
    @KFrob It's the weirdest thing, and I'd never heard of it as a symptom before so at first I was really worried!
  • Options
    also wondering if anyone else has felt any random heart palpitations? seeing my doctor tomorrow to talk about it, but from what I've read it's perfectly normal due to increased blood volume.
  • Options
    @phinzlabyrinth Yes, I get them too
  • Options
    and now...Kenzie is home sick! Really need a break here. So behind on work now and I have a giant personal review tomorrow I was already stressed about. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    @phinzlabyrinth I had them a while back. None recently. I have a heart condition, so I pretty much immediately called my cardiologist. Apparently it’s normal. Waiting to hear back to verify my echocardiogram still looked the same as always. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    Random patch on my tongue with no taste buds? Doesn't hurt or anything, just noticed it when I was brushing my teeth. Hormones maybe?
  • Options
    @mandarenee898 I was wondering if the belly support bands are helpful. Between the belly that existed before, the growing baby, and my huge boobs, my lower back needs HELP!
  • Options
    mandarenee898mandarenee898 member
    edited December 2019
    @literatureandink I think so. I broke down and bought it at 36 weeks pregnant my first pregnancy and wished I had bought it sooner. Since I’m having twins - I’m measuring as if I’m 30+ weeks pregnant with a single baby so the support band is really helping. 

There’s a lot out there but I went with one called Belly Bandit Upsie Belly and love it. You can also easily find the right size on their website by putting in your waist measurement and how far along you are. It also comes with a pack you can either freeze or heat up to use on your lower back. I have a Health Savings Account so I ended up buying it from from Fsastore.com. 
  • Options
     @literatureandink my friend swore by her bellyband during her pregnancy and started wearing it pretty early on... she suggested BLANQI brand.
  • Options
    I had some pelvic pain for the first time today! I know it’s just going to get worse. 

The other day someone recommended this spinning babies daily exercises video to me. It’s to help encourage baby to be in the correct position, help alleviate pregnancy discomforts and help get the body ready for labour basically. She had 2 fast easy deliveries. 

I’ll keep y’all posted! 
  • Options
    Definitely feeling the pelvic and lower back pain these days. I did have to tell work that I can't inventory picture books for 2 hours at a time anymore. (I work at a library, and the preschooler's picture books are low and even in a chair, it's still hard on my back.)  When I got  home from work yesterday, I immediately went to the couch and spent some quality time with my heating pad which helped a lot while my husband brought me leftover soup. I've also started finding things harder to do. I used to be able to go up and down stairs without even thinking about it, and now, I'm out of breath at the top. Sigh. But except for being hungry and waking up a couple times every night to switch positions or pee, I'm feeling better than I expected at almost 20 weeks. Trying to enjoy it while it lasts - LOL! 
  • Options
    i'm feeling the low back aching too! I take a lot of walks around the school (a desk job is not friendly to the spine) but thinking of signing up for some prenatal yoga classes
  • Options
    Seriously this heartburn!!  I wake up with it and swear I get heartburn from water!  Plus, trying not to have too many tums because they only add to the constipation. 
  • Options
    @mandarenee898 My heartburn has really kicked in the last few days.  Also, I completely forgot about tums making you more constipated, thank you for the reminder!  I need yo slow my roll with them bc more constipation is the last thing I need...
  • Options
    I thought I was done with the constipation but - NOPE! It’s come back which is super annoying because between that and the lower back pain and RLP, I’m pretty uncomfy.
  • Options
    @literatureandink It's awful - I've been struggling through that again too! I've lessened the back pain some between my new belly support band and taking it easier at work, but the constipation and pain together really suck. :P I kinda want to smack 2 months ago me for wishing she had a bigger bump because this is already not for the faint of heart and I'm just a few days shy of 21 weeks. Sigh. 
  • Options
    Anyone else having sweating issues??
    Im sweating a lot down there, indigestion, swollen body, pins and needles in my feet.
    Luckily im not constipated at all. I have an anterior placenta and still feel baby moving nonstop!
  • Options
    @cicchettimama2 I’ve definitely been having sweating issues. I’m not a sweaty person usually...I find to truly feel clean I have to scrub all the crevices with a loofah in the shower and can’t skip shower days like I used to...

the nipple itch is severe with me! I’m starting to wonder if I have an infection of some sort in one of them...it’s so itchy and peely and has some white spots...anyone else ever experienced this? 
  • Options
    @lmac92 No experience but it sounds like thrush
  • Options
    @cicchettimama2 @lmac92 I’m finding myself sweating more at night. The inside of my elbows are starting to get a rash from it so I may need to wear a long sleeve t-shirt to bed to be a layer between the skin when my arms are curled up as I can’t sleep with my arms straight. 

Anyone else feel like they stink? I shower daily and even when I get out of the shower I still feel like I smell.  Maybe I’m imagining or my nose has super spidy senses right now or something...
  • Options
    @mandarenee898 Yuppppppp! I feel fresh right out of the shower but I swear in general my stink quotient is off the charts! Pre-pregnancy I never ever had BO and now I feel like I slather on deodorant five times per day! 
  • Options
    I feel like my pits are stinkier too! Also, I can’t eat as big of meals. I get full a lot quicker and then if I eat too much I have indigestion and gas pain! 

• Options
    @literatureandink @babyrummom I reapply my deodorant too!  And yes, my stomach doesn’t have as much room so it takes planning to get all my water so I don’t get dehydrated and try to meet my protein goal for the day. 
  • Options
    Discovery: My pregnant self cannot handle my usual holiday sugarvore ways. So much  heartburn and indigestion from it, and I haven't even had as much as I normally do this time of year. I honestly don't know if I could have survived these past few days without tums. All my chocolate from Santa is going to last a whole lot longer this year!
  • Options
    @korthouse I have been keeping the tums on my nightstand! They have been a lifesaver lately!!

The frequent urination that had given me a break for a while is definitely back! I am back to waking up 4-5 times a night to pee...oh well...no escaping that one.

A new symptom: my hands are getting so puffy throughout the day. My feet seem fine, but I haven’t been able to wear my wedding rings.
  • Options
    @lmac92 I bought one of those stretchy silicone wedding rings. When I was pregnant with DS, I got so upset when I had to take the rings off. It’s nice to have something so my hand doesn’t feel quite so weird. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    Anyone else’s nausea kick up again?   I was doing well and now it’s back to all day the last week. Also my sciatica on my left is killing me.  I got a massage and went to the chiropractor and that helped but it didn’t go away. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker