June 2020 Moms

December Randoms

Post your random thoughts here!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: December Randoms

• First, how are we in a new month already!? Second...my a/s is one month from tomorrow and all of a sudden this seems to be happening really fast.

Hoping to find out the sex by the end of the week! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @diagonalley Wow, that sounds like an early a/s, fun! I'm at early end of month, but they won't schedule it until my next appointment, but it won't be until 20 weeks, so still a bit off. I'm anxiously awaiting of course. Not only super fun to see baby, but it's really the only testing I do to determine baby's health, so I'm much more relaxed after it. 

What I'm not excited about- already bored of and not excited about my maternity pants, and I wish my snow pants fit. This being last baby, I'm not buying more that won't fit now, but damn is it cold waiting at bus stop and it's not going to be warm until maybe April. Ick!
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @pourmeanothermocktail
    Given my AMA status, I have to go to the MFM for my ultrasound and they do it at 18 weeks.  I'm not really sure why, but a sooner glimpse of baby sounds good to me :) Plus with my 2nd we had to do a repeat A/S twice because they couldn't get all of his measurements the first or second time.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pourmeanothermocktail also dreading the maternity pants switch. I’ve Been living in leggings for the last week because I’m not ready but second babies show faster!

@diagonalley the one benefit of total care by an MFM is ultrasounds at every appointment :-) they won’t do my anatomy scan till 20 but will find out if it’s a boy or girl well before that from ultrasound

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • Oh my random contribution for today. There are only three weeks til Christmas already and how did that happen. Thanksgiving should never be this late again!

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• Are we not supposed to be wearing maternity pants? Because I've been wearing them for weeks haha.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ds turned one today! I can't believe how fast the year has gone by. 

@diagonalley my maternity is still too big and my normal is too small. I really don't want to buy more clothes so I just love in leggings for now. 
  • @diagonalley I've been in them for weeks too!!  I have some that are still too big but most fit just fine since at 11 wks I'm the same size I was at like 15-16 wks last time. 
  • I thought I could squeeze a few more wears out of my current jeans but they are so tight ugh
  • How the heck is it December already?!?!

Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving (if you celebrated) and maybe cashed in on some sales.  I shopped Kohls and Old Navy for some maternity wear staples and new bras. (PS WTF I'm already into DDs I hope they go back down after this all. My Ds were annoying enough)
    Me 29 DH 33
    Married 10/2016
    TTC since 04/2019
    BFP 10/12/2019, estimated 6 weeks
    EDD 06/07/2020
  • I am so ready for maternity clothes, but will have to buy them. :(  I'm planning 2 pairs a pants, a bunch of nursing/maternity short sleeve tops and cardigans.  It will get monotonous, but I can not buy a whole professional maternity wardrobe.  I've been looking on thredup.
  • Are we not supposed to be wearing maternity pants? Because I've been wearing them for weeks haha.
    Hence why I'm already tired of mine. Doesn't help that they're all basically hand-me-down, so I didn't pick them out in the first place. 

Been in maternity since 6 weeks, because that's my body shape and compression tolerance. I don't get how people survive in their regular leggings, maybe my leggings just suck, but they're always the first thing that's too tight and I have to stop. Granted, I just don't wear jeans. Back when I did, hair tie trick quit working at 5 weeks anyway. Short torso...I grow fast.

I actually have grown out of 2-3 of my smaller maternity pants already. And only 1 pair is totally too big to wear.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My husband has a cold and has been coughing all night for a week (our bedroom is off the living room so one of us moving to the couch wouldn't really help). I am so tired.  So I got a half caf Americano this morning.  OMG...I forgot what caffeine felt like.  I am super productive this morning! lol
  • @JessiBride I can relate to the exhaustion. My oldest was up coughing all night. I am wiped out today. Plus I feel really bad for the little guy. 

On the bright side, my school had an early release yesterday and a delayed start today so it was a nice way to ease back into work from the Thanksgiving break. 
  • @runwmusic happy birthday to your DS!! I’m in the same place for maternity clothes- living in leggings and tights as I’m not quite fitting in maternity clothes yet. Last time I was pregnant in summer and just wore dresses all the time! Much easier
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @hayhay2501 I'm super excited for post partum in dresses rather than leggings!! I think I'll be more comfortable not wearing pants when dealing with the post partum body blues. 
  • @hayhay2501 and @runwmusic I totally loved dresses in the postpartum (DD was a May baby). If you’re planning on nursing, just make sure to stock up on breastfeeding friendly dresses-I didn’t have a single one for so many weddings that year and wish I’d known better! Pulling your dress all the way up was not a good habit haha

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• @Alli321 YES! V neck and wrap front are so helpful!  For everyday wear a cotton Sundress with stretchy scoop was great too!
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @JessiBride Consider using Buy Nothing too. It’s probably great for maternity clothes since they are used for such a short time! 
  • I hear you all on minimizing maternity clothes, but I keep looking at deals anyway. Mostly I’m interested in nursing summer stuff, but I ended up exclusively pumping last time, so who knows what’ll happen this time.

I may have started nesting today. I made dinner and then two more dinner preps for the freezer since it was a HUGE piece of meat that I was dealing with. Which then made me wonder...

Is there any interest in a thread for freezer-friendly recipes to prepare for pp? I’d love to have more options than the few I’ve got up my sleeve. And we got a chest freezer in preparation. 😉 
  • @begging4abump yes to the freezer thread? Could we wait til maybe January though? Still have lingering nausea and while I know I can wait to read it, you might more contributors if everyone is feeling better. 

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• I'm still looking forward to the maternity leggings. I'm just 10 weeks today (6/30 edd) and the only bump I have to speak of is 90% bloat. So. Uncomfortable. Minimizing maternity clothes was fun last time around. It made me want to do a capsule wardrobe forever. 
  • Just got my first real maternity wear purchase! Ordered a coat on Black Friday and it was delivered yesterday, which turned out to be a very good idea since I noticed my normal coat was a little tight this morning. Since it has a belt, it looks like I could probably get away with wearing it postpartum as well, which was my goal.
  • @akoros yay ! so happy you got something you can wear post baby. Maternity clothes are so pricey! I work in scrubs and at home YOGA PANTS ! 
  • akorosakoros member
    edited December 2019
    @lizanet, I know! That's why I'm trying to be super careful with purchases. This was only $35 (thank you who whoever recommended Old Navy), so it wasn't terrible. Luckily I wear a lot of stretchy dresses at work, plus a couple pairs of pants that are actually kind of big on me, so I'm hoping those last for a while. It's my winter non-work clothes that are a problem, in the summer I wear a lot of dresses both in and out of work so I can probably make do, but in the winter it's usually jeans and sweaters.
  • I've been in maternity pants for a month now :D i didn't even try to prolong jeans. 

... My random of today (but maybe it's a symptom...). Me in the shower, grabbing for shampoo, pouring some out, realizing I just had just gotten done washing and conditioning my hair. Facepalm. 
  • @alli392 ahhh I didn’t even think of that! DD is a January baby and I remember there being like one pair of pyjama pants I could tolerate wearing around the house. I def need to take stock of which dresses I have that are BF friendly and I feel like I def need more. If this baby is like DD it’ll be stuck to my boob for like 6 months 😅. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I wish I had sprung for the $75 maternity/babywearing coat with my first. Zip in/out panel to expand coat in front or rear for belly or baby,  but totally removable when done with wearing, and is just a normal coat. Would have gotten my money's worth. Granted, wouldn't work too much in the next two months where I need a panel in front and back at same time!!
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yes to a freezer thread.  But closer to April/May. :) The meals we packed away before DS was born were an absolute lifesaver in 4th tri. 

I'm playing gas or baby over here, even though I'm pretty sure 10+6 is way too early to feel any wiggles. But I have those same swishy fish-like feelings I had with DS (albeit later). 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kyrwyn same thing here! 12+2 and I think it’s too early but I’m getting twinges here and there. 

Bought maternity tights yesterday at target and feel like I have a whole new wardrobe of options to wear to work now! 
  • @chaos-and-coffee This kid was already wiggling and waving at our first scan last week (9+4), so I wouldn't really be surprised if they make themself felt early.  :D I'll hope yours are early wiggles! 12+2 sounds like it's in the realm of possibility to me! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @chaos-and-coffee and @kyrwyn I’m 12+6 and almost positive I’m feeling baby. I know it’s crazy. But it’s out of nowhere when I’m not gassy, right by my belly button, little unexpected swishes! Just like it was with DD. I know everyone says it’s too soon but the only thing I’ve ever felt like this was a baby!

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• I told my principal Monday and my students Tuesday that I'm pregnant. A student made a terrible comment about only needing a wire hanger for an abortion. And then we I told the kids that's why I've been such a stickler about their backpacks he laid on the ground and said he wanted to make me trip. He's suspended for 3 days and will likely be out of my class. My husband is livid and has wanted him out of my class for months for other reasons. I'm just grateful that my admin is so supportive and handled it quickly. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @ErikandAfton that’s horrific!!! I’m glad he was suspended and I hope he quickly realises what a terrible comment that was. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @chaos-and-coffee, @alli392 add another one to the club! I’ve had a few moments of movements that do not feel like gas but I feel like any doctor would immediately tell me there’s no way ha 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ErikandAfton that is the most terrible thing I’ve ever heard a student say. And we’ve all had our ringers. I’m so sorry you put up with him for the first two quarters but so grateful he won’t be one of your worries now!

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• @ErikandAfton Wow, I'm so sorry. How are you doing? That would have been really hard for me to hear. 

At 13+6 now I've had a few times I'm not sure about movement. I do keep reminding myself that any movements I felt would be super slight and gentle, and likely still below belly button-as uterus is just barely extended above it. Gas is definitely a much stronger feeling at this point with baby so little still. I'm not confident to say I have definitely felt baby, but I'm not convinced I haven't either. Soon I'm sure, unless I have anterior placenta issues again. Silly tilted uterus.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ErikandAfton I’m so sorry, that’s really awful! I work with kids on the spectrum (ASD) and when I told one of my kiddos he said “I hope it doesn’t die in your belly”🤦🏻‍♀️ .... your situation definitely tops mine!  Glad your admin is supportive and congrats on your little bundle!