June 2020 Moms
Options

December Randoms

Re: December Randoms

• Options
    @ReneeJ2011 oh no! Hope it passes quickly. Did you get the flu shot this year? 
  • Options
    @lynkat thank you. We went yesterday and it is the flu...we both feel a little better today though.  He acts totally fine, I still have a pounding headache when the tylenol wears off and am very weak and dizzy if I get up for too long, but yeah for no more fever!!
    Glad you're improving. I had the flu at beginning of my second pregnancy, with my husband and toddler. Seriously no fun. Lived for when I could  take the next tylenol dose. I hope you're fully past it soon!
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ReneeJ2011 glad you all are feeling better. Hopefully the headaches and dizziness go away soon ❤️
  • Options
    @runwmusic I and my son got our flu shots back in October. I work in a hospital and it is required for me.  I have personally diagnosed a flu case this year in a patient that had her flu shot and the MD that treated me yesterday said he has had a few this season already that had their flu shot and got the flu.  Also I want it noted that I really wish I could feel like a 4yr old with the flu not a 30yr old with the flu.  DS has been running around like a crazy kid despite all this, I on the other hand can barely walk for 5 minutes. 
  • Options
    @ReneeJ2011 I'm sorry. Being sick and pregnant is not fair. Scary you still got it even with the shot. Hope you feel better soon 
  • Options
    @lizanet I’m not sure where you’re from so it might be different but as a nurse I’ll offer some advice: find the right job. I work in a hospital and it’s 12 hour days (if it’s been a smooth shift). I know some places offer better hours, but here they’re few and far between. Not discouraging you by any means, but the 12+ hour days are draining mentally and physically. 

@ReneeJ2011 I’m so sorry and I hope you feel better soon. I had a terrible cold for over 2 weeks and I still don’t feel right. Being pregnant and sick should be illegal 
  • Options
    @sheshe3386 I work 10s sometimes 11 hour shifts now. I am used to a longer work day and thankfully where I live there are tons of opportunities for RNs. I definitely appreciate the advice though
  • Options
    @lizanet no, I understand. I only brought it up because you said you couldn’t do 10 hour days anymore. Maybe I misread. Anyway, I wish you the best in whatever you choose
  • Options
    I'm getting really annoyed with clothes. My bump is higher thus time around so none of my maternity pants are working. The top of the pant is baggy and I'm constantly pulling them up but normal pants are too small. Leggings rolled under the bump just isn't comfortable so if I'm home I'm in pj's. Poor dh. 
  • Options
    I’ve been in maternity pants since 8 or 9 weeks and never looked back. *shrug*
  • Options
    kyrwynkyrwyn member
    edited December 2019
    @runwmusic I feel you.  All my maternity pants are XXL, because my pre-pregnancy weight was higher last time.  So they're baggy in weird places but still more comfortable than my regular pants (which are dead to me for the next year or more). I'm sure that once I have a real bump they'll work out okay, but right now I'm a hot mess.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lizanet YEY! So exciting! 
  • Options
    @lizanet that's so cool! I'm still in the "could be indigestion" stage.
  • Options
    @lizanet so exciting!!! I’ve had some movements where I’m like gas or baby but am not sure enough for it to be baby! I hope it happens soon
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @hayhay2501 it will happen soon. And baby will make it KNOWN like hey mommy... its me in here, hi !  lol 

• Options
    @hayhay2501 where are you headed? Sorry if I just don't remember, but are your parents here in the states? 
  • Options
    @lizanet I think my fave part of pregnancy are those first flutters. So exciting! 
  • Options
    I’m obsessed with bagged lettuce and Olive Garden Italian dressing. Eaten it for 2 of my last 3 meals. So weird. So good. 
  • Options
    @chaos-and-coffee butter lettuce with peach balsamic over here. Not much calorie intake but I could probably drink the balsamic straight 🤤
  • Options
    @runwmusic yep- my whole family is in the states! I’m originally from western New York State but now my family is all over. We’re doing Christmas in Boston where my sisters live, then flying to Florida where my dad and grandma live and then going on a Disney Cruise (!!). Whistle stop tour ha 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @hayhay2501 That sounds like an amazing trip! 

Just a random post to say, Eeeeek, can’t believe I’ll be 16 weeks tomorrow! 
  • Options
    @FigTreeMama it’s my first Christmas in America in 4 years and my daughters first ever! I’m so excited 😊😊😊. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    So fun! @hayhay2501 safe travels and enjoy!

@FigTreeMama due date buddies!! I’m 16 weeks today and it feels surreal ❤️☺️
  • Options
    @hayhay2501 that sounds like an awesome trip!  My extended family is all in New England so we will be in the Boston area too. I love it up there!
    Me 29 DH 33
    Married 10/2016
    TTC since 04/2019
    BFP 10/12/2019, estimated 6 weeks
    EDD 06/07/2020
  • Options
    Everyone check your Motherhood Maternity stores. Ours is closing and the whole store is on sale and will be until it closes in March!!
  • Options
    @ReneeJ2011 This makes me so sad! I used to work for their parent company in the corporate office for over a decade. The company was bought out last week and two days later they let all the office employees go. Such a sad time for a lot of my old friends. 

I’m also sad on a selfish level because I really feel like they’re the only place to get cute maternity clothes that aren’t just basic t shirts and jeans and such. I love their Secret Fit Belly pants and find the bellies on pants from other stores very uncomfortable (have tried Gap maternity, H&M maternity, and Loft maternity), and now I don’t have much time to find stuff. 

I actually went to the store near me today and everything was heavily discounted but it was all picked over because the store is closing in 10 days, they really only had summery stuff left and no sweaters or seasonal stuff. Oh well. Hopefully others here will get good deals if their stores are closing later! 
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip, @ReneeJ2011! At the right price, I’d certainly be happy to arm myself with maternity summer clothes. 

Is there any interest in a baking/crafting/art/look what I made thread? I love seeing people’s talents for that kind of stuff, and I’d be happy to get some extra motivation to complete some projects. I’d also be excited to see all the holiday treats people are busy making!
  • Options
    I’m a little over 16 weeks and I swear I keep feeling movement here and there but my tummy isn’t very firm at all. Can you feel movements before your tummy is firm? Or Am I just gassy and don’t realize it 🤣. This is my 2nd and I remember feeling my first flutters around 17 weeks. It’s been awhile and I cannot remember! 
  • Options
    @rothkristan2019 I’m pretty sure you’re feeling baby! I’m only 15+3 but I’ve already has a few times where there’s no way it’s been gas. Too tickley feeling like those first flutters! 

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • Options
    @alli392 thanks! Is your belly pretty firm or is there still some “squish” to it? I felt like my tummy was firmer than this when I felt my first movements. I was a lot thinner then, though.
  • Options
    @rothkristan2019 This is pregnancy #2 for me and it’s still pretty squishy but it’s definitely popped out. I have a fairly thin frame though too. I feel baby occasionally after I’ve had some sugar. Definitely not every time but those little tickles are just too good :) at first I really doubted myself but I’ve decided that even if it’s not, no one can’t tell me it’s not baby and it makes me so excited every time I feel it I don’t care!

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • Options
    Last time I waited until after our anatomy scan to announce to extended family, but my dad is pushing me to tell everyone at Christmas Eve tonight. We only told my parents this early because of my repeat GD. I'm currently in the middle of another fight with my insurance and once that resolves I'll be starting insulin and I'm not feeling super excited about six months more pregnancy right this second, but if we don't say something tonight he definitely will. I'm not even technically out of first tri. 🤷‍♀️ Tis the season for family to be all up in everyone's business though, so, not much to be done about it. If my family understood boundaries I wouldn't be writing this post in the first place. 😂
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    rothkristanrothkristan member
    edited December 2019
    Me again. This is my second pregnancy. I’m having some major pelvic floor pain and when I walk it’s a shooting pain down my left leg. I may have done too much today (baking, grocery shopping, clearing slush off the driveway). Nothing too intense but on my feet all day. This pressure has been pretty constant through out my pregnancy so far though. But this pain is comparable to the over-due pains I felt in my first pregnancy. I’m waddling already and I’m not very big. Anyone else experience this? Any insight on what could be causing this pain and pressure? 
  • Options
    @kyrwyn I’m sorry you have to deal with that. I had to deal with the same pressure from my grandma a month ago at a family Christmas party. She wouldn’t leave me alone about it and it seriously sucked. We did end up convincing her to keep her mouth shut by compromising and telling my aunt/uncles but nobody else.

And then the last month has been constant badgering from her. We finally went fb official last night (I’m 14 weeks) and it feels like a weight has been lifted because finally she can just chill the hell out about it.

It sucks but definitely try to stick to your guns! If you’re willing to share with a couple people, maybe that’ll make your dad happy for now? I get that they’re excited and want to be able to share that with the world but it’s not their news to share. 
  • Options
    Happy all the holidays to those of you celebrating!!

I'm also so sorry for everyone who has to deal with family pressure to tell. The timing should be no one's decision except you and your partner's! My parents are actually the opposite. They refuse to tell anyone whatsoever, including aunts an uncles with whom they're much closer than I am. I've asked them to tell on our behalf and they refuse to. Apparently one of my aunts point blank asked them if we were thinking of having kids and they responded with "sure, they're thinking about it". :neutral: I do respect their decision but also wish they'd just tell the extended family on our behalf. :smile:
  • Options
    In general, my in-laws are pretty great but they really annoyed me last night after dinner. My SIL and MIL are demanding to be told immediately when labour starts because they want to be in the waiting room when baby is born. SIL assured me that “don’t worry, I’m not going to be bothering you in your room, I just want to be outside so I can see the baby right away!”. 🙄 

My husband and I have thankfully already talked about this - he knows that I want to have a few hours of just the three of us before our immediate family comes. So I’m not worried about him actually inviting them to the hospital before I tell him to (and you can bet I’ll be telling the nurses to keep people away). But good lord, they only live an hour away, it’s not like they have to travel across the country.