April 2020 Moms

November Symptoms

2»

Re: November Symptoms

• Super relieved I felt normal during our babymoon last week!! 😊 

I am losing a ton of hair and the skin on my belly hurts constantly.  I'm 17+5. 

Had a Dr appt yesterday and he prescribed iron & magnesium supplements so hopefully that helps my hair! 
  • I’ve been sleeping with a pillow between my legs for a while. Still have hip pain as the day goes on.  I have a cushion for my chair that helps. I’m now carrying it around to my meetings all day. No shame here. Just want to not hurt so bad. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Loading the player...
  • For those of you with extremely dry/bloody sinuses - saline nose spray has been super helpful. I’m no longer getting super bloody Kleenex’s or bloody noses after blowing my nose. 
  • Last pregnancy I got an exercise ball with ring base to switch my desk chair out. I went back and forth every 30 minutes or so, but it really helped with pain.
  • @KFrob I’ve always been a back / belly sleeper but last night I forced myself to sleep on my side, pillow between my knees and it feels so much better on my hips.

does anyone else still have hardly any appetite??! Here I am 16 weeks and eating like 4 bites of meal fills me.

The pimples!!! UGH. I’ve always been someone who gets pimples, but for my first trimester they were seemingly gone. Well they are back with a vengeance! 

Dizziness and light headedness if I don’t take a break to sit down every so often. Need to make a point to do this as I am an elementary teacher.  
  • Try yoga too!  I didn't do yoga with DD1, but did with DD2 and I am with this LO and it seems to help with the back and hip pain so much!  
  • @babyrummom Same here. I mom friend told me a humidifier can help and I got a neti pot to at least clear it enough so I don't get headaches from it. It's super annoying, but apparently normal in second trimester and for a lot of people it goes away in the third trimester. 
  • Add me to the dry sinuses boat! Going to plug in my humidifier tonight and hope that helps!
  • @korthouse Good to know that it’s normal and could go away next trimester! 🙏🏻 I guess I should get the humidifier out. 
  • I'm starting to get warm. It was 40 outside and I rode home from the grocery store with the window down. This happened last pregnancy, too.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Woke up with so much pain in my right hip from sleeping on it. It's been an ongoing problem the last couple of weeks and I'm nervous it'll just keep getting worse as I get heavier. I sleep with a Cpillow that goes between my knees and has been helping make sure I stay on my side. Not really sure what else to do about it other than sleep on my back, which we're not supposed to do.

@Kathryn0903 I'm having the opposite problem! I'll suddenly get chilly and my hands get cold. I only get too hot when I'm coming inside with my full winter coat on. Only 17 weeks though, so who knows what this bean has in store for me yet!
  • DH bought me some pillows that arrived this weekend and have definitely helped with my hip pain a bit. It included one of those little pillows that go between your knees. Hoping they continue to help. I did sleep better than I had in weeks. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • I fell asleep before 8 last night and I’m still tired. Pregnancy is fun. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • I’ve felt so tired this week. I know they say that you are supposed to have more energy the second trimester, but I don’t feel that way at all! Maybe getting dark at 4:30 PM plays a role! 
  • @babyrummom I was just saying that this afternoon to my friend at work. In general I have much more energy but I’ll still get a random burst of tiredness some days that are more intense than my non-pregnant tired spurts 
  • @literatureandink I was so tired all week and then yesterday, I had a burst of energy and got a ton done! 
  • I still have bad skin from all these hormones. I've never really had to deal with breakouts, at least not often, and it's driving me crazy! I miss my clear skin  :'(
  • @korthouse Same. It’s awful. Way worse than high school. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mercury94 I didn't even break out often as a teenager, other than a rogue pimple occasionally. This is perhaps karma for bragging about it back then  :D
  • @korthouse Me either. I never had a huge cluster of zits in my forehead in high school (or even with DS). Now, it’s constant. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • I’m experiencing the pimples along with the rest of you. Just the worst. What even is a pregnancy glow?? One product I do find is helping is by lush and it’s called ultra bland. Would recommend!

On another skin note...is anyone experiencing dry ITCHY nipples?? That’s been a pretty much constant symptom for me but lately they’ve been oh so bad. Also, my boobs have definitely gone from getting bigger by the day to giant overnight. And they are so firm feeling now...
  • I can totally relate to you all with the skin issues. It’s been terrible. I thought I had acne when I was younger but I’d say this is far worse. The most success I’ve had so far has been with natural products vs the harsher ones. Usually stuff like that would make me break out worse but it’s the only thing that’s helped. Using K’pure right now and it’s actually healing up. I feel so self conscious from this acne. 

@lmac92 itchy nipples.. yes !!! As well as itchy belly!!! 

I had pretty bad back pain off and on for about a week and it’s completely gone now. Baby must have moved!! I used a rice heat bag and it really helped. 
  • I've been getting pins and needles in my hands and feet. Not all the time, but having looked it up it's apparently normal? Will double check with my midwife on Monday.
  • I had a serious leg cramp (Charlie Horse) in the middle of the night last night. I hope these don’t become a thing!