July 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms 11/18-11/24

13»

Re: Weekly Randoms 11/18-11/24

• blaf322 said:
    We just did our work Thanksgiving and everyone brought something in (b/c potluck) except the part time guy. I was giving him a pass, assuming he didn't see the sign up sheet b/c PT, until we were in the break room and he's looking at it and comments on how it looks like it's changed since the last time he looked at it. Ummm.... everything's written in pen... so, no. Andplusalso... you looked at this before and didn't sign up for anything? 

You sure did stuff your belly, spend the entire time on your cell phone while we all ate/chatted and thanked no one for all the free food though. ::eye roll: I hate moochers
    lol, we had a guy once bring in a half-eaten bag of chips for a work potluck... I don't know what these people are thinking.
  • @asf0613 .... nope! Effort and attitude. I appreciate effort as well as a good attitude. I'd have been less annoyed if he had brought SOMETHING or at least acted engaged and thanked everyone for making his lunch.

@milkt bahaha... I could totally see this guy doing that.
  • Loading the player...
  • IVF mamas... has anyone dealt with high BP while on all the hormones? I haven't experienced it but my friend's BP is really high right now and she's afraid to say anything for fear they'll pull the plug on all the meds (obviously ruining any chance of her recent transfer sticking). I told her my thought is they're more likely to manage the high BP than pull the plug on it all together but wanted to see if anyone else had any experience. TIA for info any of you might have!
  • blaf322 said:
    @bluguitarhannah thanks! I can get down with a month long celebration! And, don't worry! It's a friend I've had since I was 5 or 6yo... there's no judgement on either side for us :smile:

I love those kinds of friends! I feel like I haven't been as social lately (even before finding out) but I"m glad people aren't holding it against me.  And yup, definitely going to bed super early these past few weeks.
  • Is anyone else watching the Crown on Netflix?
    I'm starting it next after I finish off NCIS! Although I might need a recap, it's been so long since seasons 1 and 2.
  • @enchantindragon I'm watching it...and may have finished it today whilst having a vedge day #noregrets. It's good!
  • modoodlesmodoodles member
    edited November 2019
    I've been sick and not hungry at all this week, until RIGHT NOW. We live in a very rural area, and I am craving  enchiladas. My husband is driving 25 miles to our favorite mexican restaurant to get enchiladas. I need to get that man a trophy. 
  • @modoodles so glad you’re feeling better!!
  • @rachelredhead Im on episode 3 or 4.  Bubbikins.  Cant wait to see more though!  I think the cast change has worked well so far.

@dancingtreepose Yes especially with the cast change it can be confusing  too!

@pocketrose No regrets for sure!  What did you think of the season?  How did the new cast do compared to the older one?
  • @enchantindragon. We started watching Man in the High Castle last weekend, and decided to finish that before starting the Crown and I'm dying to see it!  I'm glad you guys like it so far. 
  • @JessDG it's a lovely show especially if you know or like history especially related to the British monoarchy. As an American I have a little bit of a curiosity about them and what their imagined lives are. The show touches up though on a lot of major events in Britian that occurred during her reign which I never knew about as well as speculates on the private conversations and such of the family itself. Its also eloborately gorgeous in look and the cast is really good especially the Queen in seasons 1 & 2. I hope you enjoy it.
  • @enchantindragon. Totally agree!  I think the British monarchy is so fascinating since we have nothing like that in the US!